Treatments and Cost Related to Heart Implants
Need Specialist Opinion and Personalized Quote? For FREE
We have helped patients from 45+ countries
Patient Testimonials For Cardiology And Cardiac Surgery Procedures in India
A Successful Cardiac Treatment and a Short Birthday Party for his brother made Raj Kumar's Medical Tour to India Memorable. An angiogram revealed his heightened risk of heart failure.View More
Maina Daniel from Kenya Finally Got Rid of His Congenital Heart Disease after His Treatment in India. He didn't even know that he had a heart defect until recentlyView More
As Her Health Worsened, Pushpa Kant from Fiji Did Not Wait Any Longer to Have Her Heart Bypass Surgery in India. She felt the need for a cardiac treatment when her health was affected adverselyView More
After a Wonderful Cardiac Treatment in India, Deo Raj from Fiji Narrates How His Medical Trip Experience Has Been. The triple ventricular disease manifested in heart attack and breathlessnessView More
74-year-old Sabriya Karim from Iraq Underwent a Successful Minimally Invasive Heart Bypass Surgery in India. After an angiogram she got to know that she has multiple heart blockagesView More
Suruj Prasad from Fiji was relieved from having a Revision CABG after he underwent an Angiogram in India. I am grateful to Dr. Mishra for providing me with the correct diagnosisView More
Gulyamova Sarvinoz / Tertralogy of Fallot- Congenital Heart Disease / Uzbekistan. I no longer wanted my life to be dependent on medicinesView More
Redda Teklehaimanot Zewdu / Valve Replacement Surgery / Ethiopia. After the surgery I feel a lot healthier.View More
Top Doctors For Heart Implants Treatment in India View all (17)
Choose specialists in a citySelected :
Top Hospitals For Heart Implants Treatment in India View all (24)
Choose hospitals in a citySelected :
Multi Specialty | 1000 beds | New Delhi
Multi Specialty | Bengaluru
Super Specialty | 1250 beds | Gurgaon
Super Specialty | 300 beds | Gurgaon
More About Heart Implants
Types of Heart Implants
They may also act as a transition to a more invasive treatment plan, such as a heart transplant. The most common heart implants used are:
These are the most common implants which are used. It is an internal monitoring system for the heart that measures the
- Electrical activity
- Beating pattern
- Heart rate
- Blood temperature
Recommended: Pace makers are recommended when a person experiences arrhythmia, or irregular heartbeat .Which indicates that heart is beating patterns are too fast, too slow, or uneven.
Procedure: It is surgically inserted into the abdomen or chest cavity. The procedure is performed under general anaesthesia.
- Surgeon inserts the small device and its battery pack under the skin. A wire will then be threaded through the veins and up to the heart.
- The procedure may take several hours, and then mostly an overnight hospital stay is advised.
Ventricular Assist Device
It is a temporary measure which is used to prevent end-stage heart failure. This device is also called as left ventricular assist device (LVAD), as it helps perform the job of the heart’s left ventricle.
Recommended: People on the list for a heart transplant may require an LVAD to perform the job that their heart is too weak to do.
Procedure: An open–heart surgery is performed to implant the LVAD.
- Patient is placed on a ventilator and heart-lung machine while the device is implanted in the chest cavity.
- Patient is advised to stay in the intensive care unit directly after surgery.
Implantable Cardioverter Defrrillator
ICD is very similar to Pacemaker. It is used to treat arrhythmia.
Recommended: It is mostly recommended in patients who have had episodes of Ventricular Fibrillation (VF)
Procedure: An implanted defibrillator delivers an electrical current to the heart to restart the muscle in the event of VF or other forms of arrhythmia.
- An ICD is implanted under the skin, usually in the area below the collarbone or the abdomen.
- Wires are threaded from the ICD battery pack to inside the heart muscle.
Factors Affecting the Heart Implants Cost
Following are the factors which will affect the treatment cost:
- The hospital patient is opting for
- Standard single room, deluxe room, super deluxe room for the number of nights specified (including nursing fee, meals, room rate, and room service)
- Operating room, ICU
- Fee for the team of doctors (Surgeons, Anesthesist, Physiotherapist)
- Standard test and diagnostic procedures
Cost of Implant, this will also depend the type of implant
- Pace maker implant single /double chamber(will also depends on patients condition also)
- ICD combo implant
- Pacemaker installation cost