Treatments and Cost Related to Heart Implants
More About Heart Implants
Types of Heart Implants
They may also act as a transition to a more invasive treatment plan, such as a heart transplant. The most common heart implants used are:
These are the most common implants which are used. It is an internal monitoring system for the heart that measures the
- Electrical activity
- Beating pattern
- Heart rate
- Blood temperature
Recommended: Pace makers are recommended when a person experiences arrhythmia, or irregular heartbeat .Which indicates that heart is beating patterns are too fast, too slow, or uneven.
Procedure: It is surgically inserted into the abdomen or chest cavity. The procedure is performed under general anaesthesia.
- Surgeon inserts the small device and its battery pack under the skin. A wire will then be threaded through the veins and up to the heart.
- The procedure may take several hours, and then mostly an overnight hospital stay is advised.
Ventricular Assist Device
It is a temporary measure which is used to prevent end-stage heart failure. This device is also called as left ventricular assist device (LVAD), as it helps perform the job of the heart’s left ventricle.
Recommended: People on the list for a heart transplant may require an LVAD to perform the job that their heart is too weak to do.
Procedure: An open–heart surgery is performed to implant the LVAD.
- Patient is placed on a ventilator and heart-lung machine while the device is implanted in the chest cavity.
- Patient is advised to stay in the intensive care unit directly after surgery.
Implantable Cardioverter Defrrillator
ICD is very similar to Pacemaker. It is used to treat arrhythmia.
Recommended: It is mostly recommended in patients who have had episodes of Ventricular Fibrillation (VF)
Procedure: An implanted defibrillator delivers an electrical current to the heart to restart the muscle in the event of VF or other forms of arrhythmia.
- An ICD is implanted under the skin, usually in the area below the collarbone or the abdomen.
- Wires are threaded from the ICD battery pack to inside the heart muscle.
Factors Affecting the Heart Implants Cost
Following are the factors which will affect the treatment cost:
- The hospital patient is opting for
- Standard single room, deluxe room, super deluxe room for the number of nights specified (including nursing fee, meals, room rate, and room service)
- Operating room, ICU
- Fee for the team of doctors (Surgeons, Anesthesist, Physiotherapist)
- Standard test and diagnostic procedures
- Cost of Implant, this will also depend the type of implant
- Pace maker implant single /double chamber(will also depends on patients condition also)
- ICD combo implant
- Pacemaker installation cost
Top Doctors For Heart Implants Treatment in India View all (18)
Choose specialists in a citySelected :
38 years of experience , New Delhi
40 years of experience , Gurgaon
36 years of experience , New Delhi
34 years of experience , Gurgaon
Top Hospitals For Heart Implants Treatment in India View all (80)
Choose hospitals in a citySelected :
Multi Specialty | 150 beds | Hyderabad
Multi Specialty | 1000 beds | New Delhi
Super Specialty | 1250 beds | Gurgaon
Multi Specialty | 750 beds | Mumbai
Need Specialist Opinion and Personalized Quote? For FREE
We have helped patients from 60+ countries
Patient Testimonials For Cardiology And Cardiac Surgery Procedures in India