Lvad Cost In IndiaChat
What is Lvad?
A Left Ventricular Assist Device, or LVAD, is a mechanical pump that is implanted inside a person's chest to help a weakened heart pump blood. Unlike a total artificial heart, the LVAD doesn't replace the heart.
How is the Procedure Performed?
The Left Ventricular Assist Device procedure involves the placement of a battery-operated, mechanical pump, which then helps the left ventricle (main pumping chamber of the heart) pump blood to the rest of the body.
Who is the Right Doctor for Lvad?
The right doctor to consult for left ventricular assist device placement is a Cardiac Surgeon.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The usual success rate varies between 71-82%.
Possible risks after LVAD may include Bleeding, Stroke, Infection, right heart dysfunction, etc.
Cost related to Lvad in India
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|LVAD||Rs.199800 to Rs.266400|
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Lvad in IndiaFilter
Showing 198 Hospitals and doctors for Lvad in India
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
The hospital falls in the category of the top cardiology hospitals in India holding an unmatched record of 1,52,000 cardiac surgeries
As many as 100 advanced and basic procedures are carried out every day including echo, stress echo, vascular doppler studies, and TMT.
95% of surgeries are beating heart surgeries, thus offering fast recovery and least damage.
The team is expert in handling complicated cases related to Coronary artery bypass surgery, Neonatal heart surgery or Valvular heart disease.
Apollo is the pioneer in Coronary Artery Stenting and LASER angioplasty since 2002.
The cardiac surgeons are experts in advanced techniques like Percutaneous Transluminal Septal Myocardial Ablation.
Apollo has an overall success rate of 98% including emergency cases and repair of complex congenital defects.
Has Well-equipped third-generation cath labs, critical care, and intensive care units.
Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi
The hospital was awarded as the best cardiology hospital in India by Consumer Department.
It has treated more than 70,000 patients in the last 22 years.
The cardiac unit was the first to introduce Asia’s first operational fluid management technologies.
The hospital has attributed in doing India’s first,
Trans-Catheter aortic-valve Implantation (TAVI) procedure
Subcutaneous Defibrillator implantation (S-ICD) procedure
c. Pacemaker implanted via Bundle Pacing
It was also the first in Asia to introduce minimal access surgery, and robotic surgery to treat heart disease.
There are specialty clinics such as ICD clinic, pacemaker clinic, and heart failure clinic.
Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road, Chennai
The hospital is counted amongst the top 10 cardiology hospitals in India as it was the first one to introduce MitraClip, a cutting-edge technology in cardiology.
It was also the first hospital to do India’s first successful Trans-catheter mitral valve replacement.
99.6% of the cardiac bypass surgeries are beating heart surgeries, in which the heart-lung machine is not used, thus providing faster recovery and lesser damage to the body.
The center is armed with state of art equipment for accurate diagnosis, which includes, 320 slice CT Scanner, 64 slice CT angiography, transesophageal echocardiography etc.
It has a record of doing about 1,52,000 cardiac surgeries, which is the highest in entire south-east Asia.
A distinct section is established for pediatric patients, which has treated thousands of cases especially congenital heart diseases and cardiac surgeries.
The team of the best cardiologists in India has performed over 85,000 angiographies and more than 50,000 coronary angioplasties.
Dr. M Sitaram, one of the best cardiologists in India, is working with the hospital for the last 18 years. He has also worked for the Indian Army.
Doctors for Lvad in India
Cardiac SurgeonDirector, 32 years of experience
- Dr Y K Mishra is one of the renowned & most experienced cardiac surgeons in India.
- With an experience of over 32 years, he is widely recognised & has successfully performed over 14,000 open heart surgeries, & more than 500 robotic surgeries.
- In addition to his clinical work, he also has a keen interest in training, education &research work & has been invited as a guest lecturer from all around the world.
- He has also chaired scientific sessions in national and international conferences held in USA, UK, China, Italy, Japan, France and Far East Countries.
- He has conducted live cases at his workshops held in Thailand, Bangladesh and Nepal.
- He has completed his masters in Surgery and MBBS from the prestigious S. S Medical College, Rewa (MP).Following which he did his PHD in Cardiovascular Surgery from Bakulev Institute of Cardiovascular Surgery, Moscow, Russia.
- Dr Mishra completed his fellowship in Cardiovascular Surgery from Thoracic Centre, University Hospital Uppsala, Sweden. He has done a training in:
- Robotic Cardiac Surgery from Odessa,Texas,USA, University Hospital Utrecht ,Netherland,Ohio State University Columbus Medical Centre,USA
- Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery from Odessa Texas,USA
- Special course in Endoscopic IMA harvesting Institute of Tele Surgery from University of Strasbourge, France.
- Minimally Access Valve Surgery ( Heart Post Surgery or Key hole surgery ) from Heart Port Research & Training Centre in Salt Lake City , Utah ,USA.
- Dr Mishra has an exclusiveness of being on the Board of Directors of International Society for Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery. He is the 4th Asian to be honoured and Second Indian to hold this distinction
- He has received Lifetime Achievement Award by Dr A. P. J. Abdul Kalam & Honoris Causa Doctorate (Doctor of Science) conferred by Governor of Madhya Pradesh and Chancellor of Rani Durgavati Vishwavidyalaya.
- He is the Founder Member of Indian College of Cardiology & also the Fellow Member of Association Thoracic Cardiovascular Surgeons of India.
- He is the also the founder of Payasuni Heart valve Foundation for prevention and treatment of rheumatic heart diseases.
- He has his expertise in minimally invasive cardiac surgery Robotic surgery, beating heart coronary artery bypass, aortic surgery.
Cost of consultation for Lvad with Dr Y K Mishra starts from INR 1100.
Cardiac SurgeonChairman, 36 years of experience
- Dr. Ajay Kaul is one of the most recognized Cardiothoracic Surgeons in India
- With an experience of 36+ years, he has performed over 10,000 Cardiac Surgeries and 4000 Total Arterial Coronary Bypass Surgeries.
- He has also performed a large number of over 4000 minimally invasive cardiac surgical procedures.
- He pursued his Master's degree in Cardiothoracic & Vascular Surgery from Bombay University.
- Dr. Kaul is one of the finest surgeons in the department of cardiac surgery and also performs cardiac transplantation.
- He also holds Fellowships in Cardiac Surgery, Cardiac Transplant & Minimally Invasive Surgery from eminent Institutes like Royal Prince Alfred Hospital (Germany), Royal Melbourne Children's Hospital (Melbourne), and Hannover Medical School (Germany), Leipzig Cardiac Centre (Germany).
- Dr. Kaul is a versatile surgeon who has a vast surgical experience in total Arterial coronary bypass surgery, Paediatric cardiac bypass surgery, valve repairs, Surgery for aneurysms, cardiothoracic surgery, and Surgery for cardiac failure.
- He is also well-trained for heart transplants, heart surgeries, and ventricular assist devices.
- He is an active member of organizations like the Cardiological Society of India and the Association of Cardiothoracic Surgery of India.
- Dr. Kaul has appeared in various noteworthy news media like ET Healthworld, NDTV.
Cost of consultation for Lvad with Dr. Ajay Kaul starts from INR 1600.
Cardiac SurgeonChairman, 40 years of experience
- Dr. Naresh Trehan is one of India's most successful Cardiovascular and Cardiothoracic Surgeons with experience of over 40 years
- Dr. Naresh has performed over 48000 cardiac surgeries.
- He is the founder of the Escorts Heart Institute & Research Centre.
- Dr. Trehan's expertise lies in cardiothoracic surgeries like Cardiomyoplasty, myocardial total arterial revascularization, transmyocardial laser revascularization, Reduction ventriculoplasty (Batista Operation), Heart port access surgery, aortic valve surgery, and robotically-assisted cardiac surgery.
- Dr. Trehan also specializes in Cardiovascular diseases and Cardiothoracic surgery like thoracic surgeries including chest wall defects, heart attacks, heart failure, video-assisted minimally invasive cardiac surgeries, heart disease, lung cancer, etc.
- For his Medical school, Dr. Naresh went to King George's Medical University, Lucknow in 1968, followed by doing Diploma studies in cardiothoracic surgeries from the American Board of Surgery, USA.
- He also acquired a Fellowship from the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in 2002.
- Served as personal surgeon to the President of India since 1991.
- Dr. Naresh Trehan was awarded the Padma Shri, Padma Bhushan Award, Lal Bahadur Shastri National Award, and many more prestigious awards.
- Former president of International Society for Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery (ISMICS), USA, and member of prestigious organizations like Society of Thoracic Surgeons of the USA and The European Association for Cardio-thoracic Surgery, to name a few.
Cost of consultation for Lvad with Dr. Naresh Trehan starts from INR 1500.
Before Lvad - Most Frequently Asked Questions
LVAD is a mechanical pump that is placed in patient who have got heart failure.This device helps the bottom chamber of your heart for pumping out blood to the ventricle aorta and rest body part. Therefore, it is known as left ventricular assit device.
It cannot replaced your heart, it receives blood from the left ventricle and then deliver it to aorta. LVAD along with left ventricle pumps the blood.
Your doctor may recommend you LVAD when your left ventricle is damaged enough which affects its ability to pump blood, it can be a short term device to keep your heart pumping till you undergo heart transplant.
LVAD is permanent in some critically ill patient whose condition is not eliglible for them to undergo heart transplantation. It is also known as destination therapy.
The purpose of LVAD and pacemaker are different, LVAD helps the heart in pumping the blood effectively, while a pacemaker helps in correcting the irregular or slow heartbeat. Pacemaker generates electrical stimulation which regulated heart beat.
This device is not new, it was invented in 1962 and it was first time implanted in 1966 in a 37 years old patient.
Patients who cannot do any physical activity because of their cardiac disease, they are comfortable only when they are resting.
Yes, LVAD devices are now portable, you can return home with the LVAD and continue your normal activities while waiting for a heart to become available.
During the Lvad - Most Frequently Asked Questions
This device is implanted during open heart surgery, the pump unit is placed in the chest which is implanted by the surgeon into the apex of heart where it receives blood. A tube is used which delivers blood from aorta which works by pumping blood continuously from left ventricle to aorta. The pump is attached to cable and the controller, the cable passes from the device through the skin on your belly to controller and a small computer is placed outside your body. Controller provides you the message and alarm for helping your operating system.
Cardiac surgeon are specialized in placing LVAD.
It generally takes four to six hours and you'll be asleep during the procedure, so you shouldn't feel any pain during the procedure.
After Lvad - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Usually an average life of 5 and half year is seen with LVAD. Mostly 85% patients live one year after they get LVAD and 70-75% patients live for 2 years after LVAD. The maximum life of seven years is seen in a patient of LVAD.
No, you cannot swim with LVAD as it cannot be submerged. There is some hope that an fully implantable device will be made in future with which you can swim easily
Exercises has given multiple beneficial effects on heart failure patients which is expected to improve the quality of life.
Even though LVAD is said to be durable and reliable device its replacement is expected in some patients.
When LVAD fails it leads to bleeding, complications, thrombosis, ischaemic and haemorrhagic strokes, infection and organ failure.
Patient have to stay in hospital for 3-5 days after recovery, most patient remain in hospital for minimum 2 to 3 weeks.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals