- United Arab Emirates(51)
- South Africa(33)
- South Korea(29)
- Cape Town(9)
- Mossel Bay(1)
- North West Province(1)
- Plattenberg Bay(1)
- Zithulele Village,(1)
- CARDIOLOGY AND CARDIAC SURGERY(31)
- COSMETIC AND PLASTIC SURGERY(31)
- DENTAL TREATMENT(31)
- ENT SURGERY(31)
- GENERAL SURGERY(31)
- IVF and INFERTILITY(31)
- NEUROLOGY AND NEUROSURGERY(31)
- OBESITY OR BARIATRIC SURGERY(31)
- ONCOLOGY AND ONCOSURGERY(31)
- PEDIATRICS AND PEDIATRIC SURGERY(31)
- SPINE SURGERY(31)
- TRANSPLANT SURGERY(31)
- UROLOGY TREATMENT(31)
- VASCULAR SURGERY(31)
Best Hospitals in South Africa
Hospitals By City
Mediclinic Plettenberg BayPlattenberg Bay , South Africa Established in : 1970 Number of Beds : Multi Specialty, About Mediclinic Plettenberg Bay
- Mediclinic Plettenberg Bay is the only private clinic in Plettenberg Bay; it was a local retirement village care unit but commissioned in 2016 as Mediclinic.
- It is part of the Mediclinic International healthcare services group that focuses on specialist-orientated, multi-disciplinary services and operates in Switzerland, South Africa, Namibia, and the UAE.
- The Clinic offers services such as Emergency, High-care Unit/ Intensive, Woundcare and Stoma therapy clinic, a 3 and 4D Scan, Pathology, Radiology, and Renal dialysis.
- Although it is one of the smallest hospitals among the Mediclinic hospital group, it has similar state-of-the-art facilities as that of others in South Africa and Namibia.
Ethekwini Hospital and Heart Centre, DurbanDurban , South Africa Established in : 1970 Number of Beds : 373 Multi Specialty, About Ethekwini Hospital and Heart Centre, Durban
- Ethekwini Hospital and Heart Centre in Durban is an ultra-modern and digitally integrated hospital established by the Lenmed Group that is dedicated to healing communities through having the best expertise and dedicated and steadfast services for more than three decades.
- It is the only place in the Kwa-Zulu Natal area that offers Paediatric Cardiac Surgery.
- It has other medical and surgical services like Neurology, Cardiology, Nephrology, General Surgery, Emergency, Maternity, Obstetrics, and Paediatrics.
- The Hospital has been voted for 5 consecutive years as the Top 20 Hospitals in South Africa by Discovery Health, a patient-based survey group that measures, upon discharge the quality of the doctor and nursing care, pain management, environment, and information surrounding medication and discharge.
Busamed Hillcrest Private Hospital, HillcrestHillcrest , South Africa Established in : 1970 Number of Beds : Multi Specialty, About Busamed Hillcrest Private Hospital, Hillcrest
- Busamed Hillcrest Private Hospital is part of a South African private hospital group that offers cost-effective and innovative healthcare services through a friendly, caring, and safe atmosphere.
- It specialises in 23 medical and surgical departments such as Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, ENT, Gastroenterology, Emergency Medicine, General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Maxillofacial Surgery, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Oncology, Orthopaedic Surgery, Paediatric Surgery, Paediatric Cardiology, Paediatrics, and Plastic Surgery to mention a few.
- It is the first Hospital in KwaZulu-Natal province to have two Intensivists on-site on a full-time basis to ensure safety and care in the ICU and High Care Unit.
- It is an award-winning Hospital being voted in the Top 20 Hospitals in South Africa by Discover Health as the Best Healthcare Provider for 3 consecutive years from 2015 to 2017.
- It was also a recipient of the Silver Arrow Award from the PMR Africa, a research company that recognises and celebrates excellence in business.
Life Bayview Private Hospital, Mossel BayMossel Bay , South Africa Established in : 1970 Number of Beds : 147 Multi Specialty, About Life Bayview Private Hospital, Mossel Bay
- Life Bayview Private Hospital is a plush hospital that delivers cost-effective, international standard healthcare services along with personalised care to patients.
- It offers 14 medical services like Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, ENT, Endovascular Surgery, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Gynaecology & Obstetrics, Neurosurgery, Orthopaedic Surgery, Paediatrics and more.
- It has state-of-the-art diagnostic and monitoring technology.
- The Hospital patient experience survey finds 93.05% are likely to recommend the Hospital with an Overall Experience Score of 8.86 out of 10.
- The Hospital continuously strives to attain the highest clinical standard with patient quality and safety measures.
Life Rosepark Hospital, BloemfonteinBloemfontein , South Africa Established in : 1970 Number of Beds : 251 Multi Specialty, About Life Rosepark Hospital, Bloemfontein
- Life Rosepark Hospital is part of the Life Healthcare group of hospitals that is dedicated to the well-being of patients with quality care and world-class facilities.
- The Hospital has over 20 specialised medical and surgical departments like Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, ENT, Endoscopic Surgery, Gynaecology & Obstetrics, General Surgery, Gastroenterology, Maxillofacial surgery, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Oncology & Clinical Radiation, Orthopaedics, Paediatrics, Paediatric Surgery, Reconstructive & Plastic Surgery, and Urology to mention some of them.
- Equipped with modern and sophisticated facilities, it has the latest diagnostic and monitoring technologies that reflect the high standard of quality and care it adopts.
Busamed Paardevlei Private Hospital, Cape TownCape Town , South Africa Established in : 2015 Number of Beds : 100 Multi Specialty, About Busamed Paardevlei Private Hospital, Cape Town
- Busamed Paardevlei Private Hospital is part of the award-winning Busamed private hospital group that provides cost-effective, quality, and innovative healthcare services in South Africa and was opened on 1 May 2015.
- It has 11 specialities including Cardiology, Cardiovascular Surgery, Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine, General Surgery, Gynaecology, Oncology, Orthopaedic Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Rheumatology, and Urology.
- The Hospital invests in cutting edge technologies; in fact, the NAVIO Surgical System enabled surgeons to perform the first NAVIO Total Knee Replacement in South Africa.
- In 2015, it was awarded the Best Healthcare Provider by Discovery Health members in South Africa.
Mediclinic Louis Leipoldt, Cape TownCape Town , South Africa Established in : 1970 Number of Beds : Multi Specialty, About Mediclinic Louis Leipoldt, Cape Town
- With over 30 years of dedicated service in providing healthcare, Mediclinic Louis Leipoldt is one of the best and oldest private hospitals in the Western Cape.
- The Hospital is well-known for its expertise in surgery and obstetrics.
- Of course, it has comprehensive medical and surgical departments like ENT, Gynaecology, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Orthopaedics, Oncology, Paediatrics, Paediatric Cardiology, Paediatric Surgery, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Maxillofacial Surgery, Neurosurgery and many more.
- It was recently refurbished to upgrade the facilities with modern and state-of-the-art technologies to ensure accurate diagnosis and treatment along with excellent nursing care.
- It has a 4-year accreditation from the Council for Health Service Accreditation of South Africa.
Mediclinic Panorama, Cape TownCape Town , South Africa Established in : 1986 Number of Beds : 400 Multi Specialty, About Mediclinic Panorama, Cape Town
- Mediclinic Panorama is an acute care hospital that was established in August 1986 catering to Cape Town Metropole and its surrounding areas.
- It is a multi-disciplinary hospital that also is a referral hospital for both locals and international patients as far as Namibia.
- It was the first hospital built by Medilinic Southern Africa, a private hospital group that provides value to patients through safe, quality care in a friendly hospital environment.
- Mediclinic Panorama boasts of being the first in the Trans-aortic valve replacement surgery (TAVI), using of Electrophysiology Laboratory (EP lab) to treat heart rhythm disturbances and having performed more than 300 cryoablation procedures so far.
- The Clinic also performed for the first time in 2014, a very rare Ex Utero Intrapartum Treatment Procedure (EXIT procedure) before birth.
- Again in 2014, it introduced for the first time Fetoscopic Laser Treatment for twin-twin transfusion syndrome (TTTS).
- To give relief to those suffering from Emphysema, Lung Volume Reduction Coil procedures have been practised since 2015 bringing a huge developmental milestone in the lives and history of people and the hospital respectively.
- It has departments like Cardiology, Cardio-vascular, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Paediatrics, Emergency, Radiology, Dietetics, Audiology and many more.
- The Clinic has modern technologies like MRI, CT Scan, 4D Scans, Dialysis and other facilities that aid in accurate diagnosis and treatment.
Busamed Gateway Private Hospital, UmhlangaUmhlanga , South Africa Established in : 1970 Number of Beds : Multi Specialty, About Busamed Gateway Private Hospital, Umhlanga
- Busamed Gateway Private Hospital is an award-winning hospital that is proudly African dedicated to providing quality and cost-effective healthcare services with high clinical standards and innovative technology.
- It is the only surgical and cardiac hospital in KwaZulu-Natal (KZN) province and has established itself as the hospital of choice for these two specialities across South Africa.
- The Hospital is an accredited heart and lung transplant hospital of KZN. In 2017, the seventh double heart and lung transplant was successfully operated in the Hospital.
- It has 19 areas of specialisation such as Cardiothoracic Surgery, Gastroenterology, Maxillofacial Surgery, Neurology, Nephrology, Neurosurgery, Orthopaedic Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Rheumatology, Urology, and Vascular Surgery to mention a few.
- It was voted the Best Healthcare Provider, being part of Discovery Health Top 20 Hospitals for three consecutive years from 2015 to 2017.
- The Hospital also got a Silver Arrow Award from the PMR Africa Awards, a research company that recognises and celebrate excellence in business.
Lenmed Shifa Hospital, DurbanDurban , South Africa Established in : 1970 Number of Beds : 115 Multi Specialty, About Lenmed Shifa Hospital, Durban
- Lenmed Shifa Hospital belongs to the Lenmed Group that has been serving in the healthcare sector since 1984 in South Africa, Botswana, and Mozambique.
- The Hospital provides comprehensive care in Nephrology, Gastroenterology, Opthalmology, General Surgery, Emergency Medicine, and Obstetrics.
- Once voted South Africa's Top 20 Hospitals by Discovery Health, Lenmed Hospitals provides modern and innovative technologies, dedicated and caring staff along with facilities to maximise patients' healing journey.
- It has a Surgical Centre of Excellence.
Need help choosing the right hospital?
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team!
Need help choosing the right hospital?
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team!
Patients from 85+ countries have trusted Vaidam
NABH Certified Healthcare Discovery Platform
Vaidam is NABH certified healthcare discovery platform that will connect you to top-notch medical experts, hospitals, wellness options, and trusted travel partners to help identify and make the right healthcare choices.
Researched & Personalized Treatment Plan - Under One Roof
You can search for the best hospitals in India to treat cancer and ailments of the heart, bones or kidney, read about them, view photographs of the facilities at the hospitals and the places at which the hospitals are located, and check the cost of treatment.
Quality Treatment Within Your Budget
As soon as you post an enquiry, the patient relation team will collect details from you, share them with the doctors and hospitals on Vaidam's panel, and get a personalized treatment plan. We research to get quality treatment within your budget
Treatment to Travel
Vaidam concierge assists patients, to get medical Visa to travel to India, the best airline fares and arrangements for your stay. Our concierge also helps you with daily travel, language, and food concerns. Vaidam does everything to be your perfect host. All of Vaidam’s services are free of cost to patients.
If you are looking for medical care in India (New Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad or Ahmedabad) or in Turkey (Istanbul,Ankara or Antalya), Vaidam Health has a network in each of those cities.
Vaidam Health gets the prestigious NABH accreditation
Vaidam Health Coverage by Medical Travel Today - The Authoritative Newsletter for Medical Tourism
Vaidam Health gets covered by 'Your Story', India's Leading Online Magazine
Know how it works in less than 90 secs
Savoir comment cela fonctionne en moins de 90 secondes
Sepa cómo funciona en menos de 90 segundos
اعرف كيف يعمل في أقل من 90 ثانية
Узнайте, как это работает менее чем за 90 секунд
View More Updates
Note: Vaidam Health does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. The services and information offered on www.vaidam.com are intended solely for informational purposes and cannot replace the professional consultation or treatment by a physician. Vaidam Health discourages copying, cloning of its webpages and its content and it will follow the legal procedures to protect its intellectual property