Heart Surgery Cost In ThailandChat
What is Heart Surgery?
Heart surgery is any surgery done on the heart muscle, valves, arteries, or the aorta and other large arteries connected to the heart. The term Open Heart Surgery means that an individual is connected to a heart-lung bypass machine, or bypass pump during surgery.
How is the Procedure Performed?
Heart surgery procedure involves the use of general anesthesia, followed by an 8- to 10-inch cut in the chest. The surgeon cuts through all or part of the patient's breastbone to expose the heart. Once the heart is visible, the patient may be connected to a heart-lung bypass machine.
Who is the Right Doctor for Heart Surgery?
The right doctor to consult for Heart surgery is a Cardiac Surgeon.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The usual success rate lies between 66-74%.
Cost related to Heart Surgery in Thailand
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Angiography||USD 1440 to USD 1760|
|Heart Bypass Surgery (CABG)||USD 10800 to USD 13200|
|Aortic Valve Replacement||USD 9900 to USD 12100|
|Mitral Valve Replacement||USD 9900 to USD 12100|
|Heart Bypass - Minimally Invasive CABG||USD 10800 to USD 13200|
|ASD (Atrial Septal Defect) Closure||USD 13500 to USD 16500|
|VSD Closure (Adult) Surgery||USD 11250 to USD 13750|
|PPI-Permanent Pacemaker Implant - Double Chamber||USD 9450 to USD 11550|
|Angioplasty and Stent Placement||USD 6300 to USD 7700|
|Heart Double Valve Replacement||USD 19800 to USD 24200|
|Coronary Artery Surgery||USD 10800 to USD 13200|
|Device Closure- ASD VSD||USD 17550 to USD 21450|
|Congenital Heart Disorder CHD||USD 10800 to USD 13200|
|Glenn procedure||USD 19350 to USD 23650|
|Coronary Angiogram||USD 1350 to USD 1650|
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Heart Surgery in ThailandFilter
Showing 40 Hospitals and doctors for Heart Surgery in Thailand
- Established in 1972, the Bangkok Hospital is one of the first private hospitals in Thailand; it has now established its reputation as a tertiary care hospital dedicated especially to Cancer and Cardiology.
- It has Centres & Clinics committed to comprehensive treatment in different medical and surgical departments such as Cardiology, Cancer, Orthopaedics & Spine Surgery, Neurology & Neuroscience, Fertility, Paediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Dentistry, Geriatric, Gastroenterology, Liver, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, and ENT.
- It offers several Health Packages on Fertility, Plastic Surgery, Lasik Eye Surgery, Hip & Knee Surgery, Obesity, Vascular Surgery, Laparoscopic Surgery and many more.
- It is equipped with the latest cutting-edge technologies some of which are - the 256-Slice Multi-Detector CT Scan, Cardiovascular MRI, the first Cartosound in Thailand, LINAC, the ARTIS Pheno machine, PET/CT Scan, and a New X-RAY Biplane Imaging (EOS).
- Having the ultimate "Hybrid Operating Room Full Function", enables the hospital to improve accuracy making it a leader in heart surgery.
- The Hospital has been awarded various accreditations by the Joint Commission International (JCI) in Programmes such as Traumatic Brain Injury, Total Knee Replacement, Acute Coronary Syndrome, Primary Stroke, Low Back Pain, Diabetes Type 2, Breast Cancer Conserving, and Heart Failure.
- It has also received the Hospital Accreditation of Thailand, Asian Hospital Management Award, Global Health Asia-Pacific Awards, and a Dual Medical Transport Accreditation i.e CAMTS USA and CAMTS GLOBAL.
- It provides International Medical Services for foreign patients by assisting them in language translations, special diets, accommodation, liaising with embassies or organisations, and free medical consultations via internet.
Bumrungrad International Hospital, Bangkok
- Established on 17 September 1980, the Bumrungrad International Hospital, Bangkok is a global pioneer in giving the best international standard healthcare services and one of the largest private multi-speciality hospitals in South East Asia with patients coming from over 190 countries annually.
- It is a one-stop healthcare destination for all types of patients with the ability to handle complex care needs.
- It practices a one-price policy for all patients regardless of whether they are local or international patients ensuring the principle value of "care for the people."
- It is a tertiary care hospital having over 45 Centres and Clinics namely, Arrhythmia Centre, Breast Centre, Bumrungrad Robotic Surgery Centre, Children's (Paediatric) Centre, Diagnostic Radiology & Nuclear Medicine, Digestive Disease (GI) Centre, Fertility Centre & IVF Clinic, Heart (Cardiology) Centre, Orthopaedic Centre, Plastic (Cosmetic) Surgery Centre, Spine Institute and many more.
- It is the only hospital in Thailand using next-generation sequencing (NGS) technology.
- It offers many Health Packages under various departments like Mammogram and Breast Ultrasound packages, Arthroscopic Knee Surgery Packages, and Heart Disease Screening packages to mention a few.
- Being a leader in innovative patient services and medical technologies, it utilises state-of-the-art technologies like CardioInsight, a non-invasive diagnostics technology for diagnosing heart arrhythmias - the only active centre in the Asia Pacific.
- It was also the first IBM Watson - a machine-learning AI for Oncology sites in the world, enabling doctors and specialists to analyse patients' data against traditional means by a quicker and most accurate treatment possible.
- The Bumrungrad Robotic Surgery Centre uses the MAKOplasty©, Mazor X and the da Vinci System having better consistency, accuracy, and faster recovery with less invasiveness in joint, spine, and cancer surgeries.
- It is the first private hospital in Thailand to be accredited by the Healthcare Accreditation Institute, the first private hospital in Thailand to be awarded the Thailand Quality Class Award for organizational excellence, the first hospital to receive the award for Excellence in Health Tourism, receives Advanced Hospital Accreditation by the Healthcare Accreditation Institute of Thailand, and the first hospital in Asia to accredited The College of American Pathologists.
- The Hospital is JCI accredited since 2002, the first hospital in Asia to be DNV GL MIR Certified for Infection Risk in 2017, and the first non-USA hospital to receive the Global Healthcare Accreditation with Excellence designation from GHA - a reflection of the highest international quality and safety standards for overseas patients going to the hospital for treatment and care.
- It was listed as the best hospitals in Thailand for 2 consecutive years and one of the top 150 hospitals in the world in 2022.
- It has over 200 interpreters for patients whose language of communication is not English.
Vejthani Hospital Bangkok, Thailand
- Vejthani Hospital, established in 1994, is one of the leading private international hospitals in Thailand that provides JCI-accredited quaternary health care services.
- Cutting-edge medical technologies, internationally trained specialists, world-class health care standards, and authentic Thai hospitality are their key competencies.
- The hospital serves over 300,000 patients from over 100 countries annually with over 200 inpatient beds.
- Providing a team of knowledgeable translators ensures they are able to communicate effectively in over 20 languages, aptly resolving issues regarding barriers to communication in healthcare.
- Over 300 specialists across multiple specialties at Vejthani Hospital provide a comprehensive range of quaternary medical services, including bone marrow transplant, total joint replacement surgery, kidney transplant, plastic surgery, dental, skin & laser treatment, spine surgery, and gastrointestinal disorder treatment.
- Vejthani Hospital has received one of the highest numbers of Clinical Care Program Certifications (CCPCs) from Joint Commission International (JCI) in the United States, which accredits top-tier hospitals that achieve the highest facilitation for patient safety.
- Vejthani Hospital’s clinical care programs for Diabetes Type II, Hepatitis B, Knee Replacement, and Lumbar Decompression and Fixation have received JCI CCPC.
- As two of the certified fields are subcategories of orthopedics, makes it is popular for patients to claim that the hospital patients gave the hospital the title ‘The King of Bones.
- Vejthani Hospital is the first hospital in the world to receive Hepatitis B CCPC and is the first in Southeast Asia to receive Lumbar Decompression and Fixation CCPC.
Doctors for Heart Surgery in Thailand
Cardiac SurgeonConsultant, 40 years of experience
- Dr. Piyapan Pamornsing, a Cardiac Surgeon practising in Bangkok for over 40 years.
- He provides services of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery, Cardiac Surgery, Endovascular Treatment, Vascular Surgery and Surgical Emergency.
- He is a member of the Thai Medical Council.
- Dr. Piyapan Pamornsing has completed MD (1981) and Thoracic Surgery (1987) from Chulalongkorn University, Thailand.
- Dr. Piyapan Pamornsing is well-versed in Thai and English.
Cardiac SurgeonConsultant, 42 years of experience
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Kittichai Luengtaviboon is one of the most reputed Cardiothoracic Surgeons having 42 years of rich experience in his field.
- His areas of specialization are Aorta Surgery, Aortic Aneurysm, Heart and Lung surgery, etc.
- After completing his MD from Chulalongkorn University, Thailand, in 1980, he did a Diploma of the Thai Board of Surgery in 1986 and a Diploma of the Thai Board of Cardiothoracic Surgery in 1988.
- He also gained Fellowship in Cardiovascular Surgery from Baylor College of Medicine, U.S.A, in 1991, Fellowships in Honorary Registrar in Cardio Vascular Surgery from Harefield Hospital, U.K., Clinical Fellowship in Cardiovascular Surgery from Baylor College of Medicine, U.S.A., and Clinical Fellowship in Cardiovascular Surgery from Texas Heart Institute, U.S.A.
- He speaks English and Thai.
Cardiac SurgeonConsultant, 32 years of experience
- Dr. Chaiwut Yottasurodom is a well-known Cardiothoracic Surgeon in Bangkok, Thailand.
- He holds 32 years of experience in heart and lung surgery.
- He completed his MD Faculty of Medicine from Prince of Songkla University, Thailand, in 1990.
- He also did a Diploma of The Thai Board of Cardiothoracic Surgery in 1996.
- He aims to provide the best medical services to every patient.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Heart Surgery
More searches related to Heart Surgery
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Heart Surgery in other countries, compared to Thailand?
Approximate price of Heart Surgery in other countries compared to Thailand is:
- Turkey, USD 13600 to USD 20400, approximately 13% higher than Thailand
- Germany, USD 20000 to USD 30000, approximately 67% higher than Thailand
- India, USD 3600 to USD 5400, approximately 70% lower than Thailand
- Malaysia, USD 7200 to USD 10800, approximately 40% lower than Thailand