- South Korea(128)
- United Arab Emirates(71)
- South Africa(12)
- Bad Wildungen(4)
- Deep Brain Stimulation(47)
- Neuropathy - Stem Cell Treatment(47)
- Bell's Palsy Treatment(47)
- Traumatic injuries to the head and neck(47)
- Conservative management(47)
- Alzheimer’s Disease Treatment(47)
- Neural Stem Cell Therapy(47)
- VP Shunting(47)
- Stroke Treatment(47)
- Restless Leg Syndrome Treatment(47)
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation(47)
- Narcolepsy Treatment(47)
- Deep Brain Stimulation (non-rechargeable)(47)
- Multiple Sclerosis Treatment(47)
- Chronic Cerebro Spinal Venous Insufficiency Treatment(47)
- Autism - Stem Cell Treatment(47)
- Sensory Ataxia Treatment(47)
- Muscular Dystrophy - Stem Cell Treatment(47)
- VNS implantation(47)
- Parkinson's Disease(47)
- Cerebral Palsy - Stem Cell Treatment(47)
- Radiofrequency Rhizotomy - Neurotomy(38)
- Vascular neurosurgery(38)
- Gamma Knife for AVM or Brain Tumor(38)
- Brain Tumor Surgery(38)
- Brain Haemorrhage Treatment (38)
- Carotid Endarterectomy(38)
- Comprehensive Myelopathy - Spinal Cord Surgery(38)
- Pineal Region Tumors Treatment(38)
- Blood Clot Brain Surgery(38)
- Cerebral Angioplasty(38)
- Gliomas Treatment(38)
- CyberKnife Treatment(38)
- Cerebral or Brain Aneurysm Treatment(38)
- Endovascular Coiling(38)
- Thecoperitonial shunt(38)
- Cerebral Angiogram(38)
- Paediatric Aneurysm(38)
- Surgical Clipping(38)
- Microsurgical tumor removal(38)
- Acoustic Neuroma(38)
- Arteriovenous Malformations(38)
- Temporal Lobectomy(38)
- Endoscopic decompression(38)
- Brain AVM Embolization with Onyx (38)
- Skull Base Surgery(38)
- Anterior Cervical Corpectomy Spine Surgery(38)
- High Cervical Stimulation(38)
- Corpus Callosotomy(38)
- Electrical Cortical Stimulation(38)
- Spinal Cord Stimulation for Pain(38)
- Hydrocephalus Treatment(38)
- Spine Tumour Surgery(38)
- Multiple Subpial Transections MST(38)
- Drug Pump Implantation for Chronic Pain Management(38)
- Microvascular Decompression MVD(38)
- Spinal Cord Injury - Stem Cell Treatment(38)
- Sacral Neuromodulation(38)
- Peripheral nerve surgery(38)
- Percutaneous Balloon Compression (PBC)(38)
- Microsurgical repair of encephalocele(38)
- Stereotactic Radio Surgery(38)
- Pituitary Tumor Treatment(38)
- Spina Bifida Treatment(38)
- Craniotomy Surgery(38)
- Percutaneous Steriotactic Treatment - PSR(38)
- Spinal deformity and scoliosis(16)
- Reconstruction Of Traumatic Cervical(16)
- 1 Level Spinal Decompression (16)
- Posterior Cervical Discectomy(16)
- Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis Treatment(16)
- Spine With Vascular Fibular Graft(16)
- 2 Level Spinal Decompression (16)
- Revision Spine Surgery(16)
- Early Onset Scoliosis Surgery(16)
- Spinal Disc Replacement(16)
- 3 Level Spinal Decompression (16)
- Spinal Fusion Surgery(16)
- Kyphosis (Hunchback) Treatment(16)
- Spleen Removal - Splenectomy(16)
- Spinal Instrumentation (16)
- Spinal Laminectomy(16)
- Vertebroplasty and Kyphoplasty(16)
- Total Disc Replacement(16)
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy(16)
- Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion (ACDF)(16)
- Cervical Corpectomy(16)
- Multiple Sclerosis(16)
- Spinal Dysraphism Treatment(16)
- Slip Disc(16)
- Spinal Endoscopic Surgery(16)
- TLIF surgery(16)
- Spinal Stenosis(16)
- Anterior Transoral Approach To Upper(16)
- Stabilization Of Traumatic Spine(16)
- Spine Detethering surgery(16)
- Disc Herniation(16)
- Cervical Spine(16)
- Prolapsed Disc(16)
- Artificial Spine Lumbar Disc Replacement(16)
- Cervical Disc Replacement Surgery(16)
- Lumbar Laminectomy for Spine(16)
- Cervical Spine Surgery(16)
- Scoliosis Spine Surgery(16)
- Spine Decompression Surgery(16)
- Micro Discectomy(16)
- Endoscopic Micro Discectomy MED(16)
- 1 Level Spinal Decompression+ Fixation(16)
- Surgery for Spina Bifida(16)
- Cervical Spondylosis(16)
- Minimally Invasive Anterior Cervical(16)
- Micro Lumbar Discectomy Mld(16)
- 2 Level Spinal Decompression+ Fixation(16)
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery(16)
- PLIF Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion(16)
- 3 Level Spinal Decompression+ Fixation(16)
- Spinal abnormalties(16)
- Congenital Spine Cord Malformations Treatment(5)
- PEDIATRIC BRAIN SURGERY(5)
- Epilepsy Treatment(5)
- Paediatrics Head and Spine Trauma Treatment(5)
- Carl Gustav Carus University Hospital, Dresden(14)
- Freiburg University Hospital, Freiburg(6)
- Charite University Hospital(6)
- Asklepios Hospital Barmbek, Hamburg(6)
- Alfried Krupp Hospital, Essen(4)
- Asklepios St. Georg Hospital(4)
- Asklepios Academic City Hospital, Bad Wildungen(4)
- University Hospital Dusseldorf(4)
- Helios Hospital, Berlin(4)
- University Hospital Frankfurt am Main, Frankfurt(3)
- Helios Park Hospital, Leipzig(3)
- Marien Hospital, Dusseldorf(3)
- Vivantes Hospital Group(3)
- University Hospital Rechts der Isar(3)
- Meoclinic Hospital, Berlin(3)
- Kliniken Schmieder Clinic, Allensbach(3)
- Ludwig Maximilian University Hospital, Munich(3)
- University Hospital Heidelberg(3)
- University Hospital Erlangen, Erlangen(2)
- Bremen Ost Clinic, Bremen(2)
- Kliniken Schmieder Clinic, Heidelberg(2)
- Nordwest Hospital, Frankfurt(2)
- Park Clinic Weissensee, Berlin(2)
- Academic Hospital Bogenhausen, Munich(2)
- LMU Klinikum(1)
- Solingen Municipal Hospital, Solingen(1)
- University Hospital Bonn, Bonn(1)
- Hospital of the Holy Spirit, Frankfurt(1)
Best Neurosurgeons in Germany
Doctors By City
Prof. Dr. Ulrich Hofmann
Neurologist, Freiburg, GermanySenior Consultant, 24 years of experience , , Freiburg University Hospital, Freiburg Highlights
Electrophysiology: In vitro Patch-Clamp & MEA In vivo multi-channel recordings Immuno-histology Behavioural experiments with rodents: Real and VR mazes Peri-operative and near-infrared monitoring Brain-Machine-Interfacing and intracranial stimulation Longevity of brain implants
- Prof. Dr. Ulrich Hofmann is a Neurologist based in Freiburg with over 24+ years of experience.
- His academic career started with studies in applied physics at the TU München in 1987 where he received his Ph.D. in 1996 in (bio) physics with work on bio-hybrid semiconductor sensors and ultra-thin layers.
- In 1998, he undertook post-doctoral research at the Åbo Akademi in Turku, Finland, and at the California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA as a Feodor-Lynen-Fellow.
- Since 2012, he is heading the department for Neuroelectronic Systems of the University Medical Center Freiburg as endowed Peter-Osypka-Professor.
- In 2015, he was honored by the FRIAS-USIAS fellowship at the University of Rhode Island as a "Distinguished International Scholar“.
- Dr. Hofmann has special interests Electrophysiology: In vitro Patch-Clamp & MEA In vivo multi-channel recordings, Immuno-histology, Behavioural experiments with rodents: Real and VR mazes, etc.
- He is currently the co-editor for "Frontiers in Neuroscience: Section Neural Technology“, and co-edited "Cognitive Neurodynamics“ for seven years and acts as a reviewer for numerous journals and funding agencies.
- His mentoring includes more than 60 master thesis, 16 Ph.D. thesis, and 4 startup companies.
Prof. Dr. Cornelius Weiller
Neurologist, Freiburg, GermanyDirector, 21 years of experience , Freiburg University Hospital, Freiburg Highlights
Stroke Tremors Dystonia Huntington's disease Epilepsy Meningitis Multiple sclerosis Trigeminal neuralgia Dementia Migraine Brain tumors
- Prof. Dr. Cornelius Weiller is a respected Neurologist with over 21+ years of experience.
- He has won several awards and recognitions for his work in the field including Founding Director of Neuroimage Nord; Director of the Lurija Institute, Konstanz; Senior Honorary Fellow, UCL, London, UK; Young investigators awards of ICBF society, etc.
- His academic career started with Habilitation in 1993, graduation in 1987, ECFMG in 1984, and lastly Study of human medicine in Gent, Erlangen, and Aachen between 1976-1983.
- He also has a Postdoc degree at the MRC Cyclotron Unit, Hammersmith Hospital, London in 1990.
- He has worked as a Professor of Neurology (C4) and head of the Department of Neurology in Hamburg as well as Jena
- Dr. Hofmann has special interests in stroke, Parkinson’s disease, Tremors, Dystonia, Huntington's disease, Epilepsy, Meningitis, Multiple sclerosis, Trigeminal neuralgia, Dementia, Migraine, Brain tumors, etc.
- He has published various national and international paper publications.
Prof. Dr. Carola A. Haas
Neurologist, Freiburg, GermanyConsultant, 16 years of experience , , Freiburg University Hospital, Freiburg Highlights
Pathomechanisms of temporal lobe epilepsy Characterization of malformations of cortical development In vitro models of TLE Immuno-histology Behavioral experiments with rodents: Real and VR mazes Peri-operative and near-infrared monitoring
- Prof. Dr. Carola A. Haas is an experienced Neurologist with 16+ years in the field.
- She pursued her Diploma in Biology from the University of Ulm in 1983, Dr. rer. nat. in Biology from LMU München in 1989, and lastly Habilitation in Medicine from the University of Freiburg in 2001.
- She also has an MPI Fellowship from the Max-Planck-Institute for Psychiatry, Martinsried in 1988.
- She has various Honors, Awards, and Scholarships such as DFG Ph.D. Studentship in 1984, DFG Fellowship for Cold Spring Harbor, the USA in 1986, Alfred-Hauptmann-Award, Society of Epileptology in 2017.
- She is a member of the Bernstein Center Freiburg, and Executive Board, Cluster of Excellence "BrainLinks-BrainTools".
- Dr. Haas has several publications to her credit in prestigious national and international journals.
Prof. Dr. Melanie Meyer-Luehmann
Neurologist, Freiburg, GermanySenior Consultant, 16 years of experience , , Freiburg University Hospital, Freiburg Highlights
Neurodegenerative Diseases Plaque development Neurodegeneration Intracerebral injections Two-photon microscopy Immuno-histology Behavioral experiments with rodents: Real and VR mazes Peri-operative and near-infrared monitoring
- Prof. Dr. Melanie Meyer-Luehmann is a Neurologist with 16+ years in the field.
- She is a member of the "SFB 596 Molecular Mechanisms of Neurodegeneration" since 2009 and has won the Emmy Noether Career Development Grant from the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft DFG in 2009.
- She has a professional society membership of the Society of Neuroscience.
- She pursued her undergraduate and graduate studies of Biology at the University of Freiburg, Germany in 1993, M.S. (Diplom) Thesis at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, the USA with Prof. John Wayne Aldridge in 1999, and M.S. (Diploma) in Biology, University of Freiburg, Germany.
- Dr. Melanie also has a PhD Thesis at the University of Basel, Switzerland with Prof. Mathias Jucker and a Ph.D. in Neurobiology, University of Basel, Switzerland.
- She has a Postdoctoral fellow at the Hertie Institute of Clinical Brain Research, Tuebingen, Germany, with Prof. Mathias Jucker and another one at the Massachusetts General Institute for Neurodegenerative Disease (MIND), Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA, with Prof. Bradley T. Hyman.
- She has several publications to her credit in prestigious national and international journals.
Prof. Dr. Volker Arnd Coenen
Neurosurgeon, Freiburg, GermanyConsultant, 15 years of experience , , Freiburg University Hospital, Freiburg Highlights
Cervical canal stenosis Lumbar disc prolapse Spondylolisthesis Hematoma Cervical disc prolapses Brain contusions Intracerebral bleed Subarachnoid hemorrhage Aneurysm Brain tumours Hypertensive bleed Hydrocephalus
- Prof. Dr. Volker Arnd Coenen is a Neurosurgeon in Freiburg, Germany with over 15+ years of experience.
- He is an active member of organizations such as the German Society for Neurosurgery (DGNC), European Association of Neurosurgical Societies (EANS), The Movement Disorders Society, German Society for Computer and Robot-Assisted Surgery (CURAC), European Society for Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery (ESSFN), World Society for Functional and Stereotactic Neurosurgery (WSFSN), etc.
- He completed graduation from Rheinisch Westfälische Technische Hochschule (RWTH) Aachen in 1992, and did two internships from Neurosurgical Clinic, University Hospital Aachen (Prof. Dr. med. JM Gilsbach) in 1999 and Clinic for Anaesthesiology, University Hospital Aachen, 6-month rotation, intensive care medicine (Prof. Dr. med. R. Rossaint) in 2000.
- He also has a Fellowship in "Functional and stereotactic neurosurgery" from the Surgical Center for Movement Disorders, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada in 2007.
- Dr. Coenen has special interests in dealing with Imaging assisted Deep Brain Stimulation, Spondylolisthesis, Hematoma, Brain contusions, Intracerebral bleed, Aneurysm, Brain tumors, Hypertensive bleed, etc.
- He has authored in national and international publications and also has presented in many national conferences.
Prof. Dr. med. Rudolf Laumer
Neurosurgeon, Essen, GermanyHead of Department, 39 years of experience , , Alfried Krupp Hospital, Essen Highlights
Lumbar disc herniation, Cervical disc herniation, Thoracic disc herniation, Lumbar spinal stenosis, Cervical spinal stenosis, Artificial intervertebral discs and spinal tumors
- With 39+ years of experience, Prof. Dr. med. Rudolf Laumer is a neurosurgeon with the main interest in spinal diseases.
- His expertise includes Lumbar disc herniation, cervical disc herniation, Thoracic disc herniation, lumbar spinal stenosis, Cervical spinal stenosis, Spondylolisthesis, artificial intervertebral discs and spinal tumors.
- He is vice president of the professional association of German neurosurgeons BDNC and a member of the board of the German Society for Neurosurgery DGNC.
- Dr. Laumer did graduation and post-graduation from universities in Würzburg and Erlangen.
- He did specialist training in neurosurgery at the University of Erlangen, Erlangen.
- He is a member of the Neurosurgical Academy NCA, German Medical Association and North Rhine Medical Association, Düsseldorf.
Prof. Dr. Med. Jurgen Kiwit
Neurosurgeon, Berlin, Germany, Spine Surgeon Chief, 35 years of experience , , Helios Hospital, Berlin Highlights
Vertebroplasty, Endoscopic intervertebral disc surgery, Neuronavigation for spinal and cranial surgery
- Prof. Dr. Med. Jürgen Kiwit is a neurosurgeon with 35+ years of experience.
- His areas of expertise include Kyphoplasty, Vertebroplasty, endoscopic intervertebral disc surgery, Neuronavigation for spinal and cranial surgery.
- He is a member of AANS (American Association of Neurological Surgeons), WFNS (World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies) and Mayo Alumni German Speaking League.
- Dr. Kiwit completed his graduation followed by post-graduation.
- He did his training in neurosurgery from prestigious hospitals in Germany.
- He has many publications under his name in both national and international journals.
MD Christoph Goetz
Neurosurgeon, Bad Wildungen, GermanySenior Consultant, 34 years of experience , , Asklepios Academic City Hospital, Bad Wildungen Highlights
Neurosurgery, Spine surgery, Cyberknife, Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS)
- MD Christoph Goetz is a neurosurgeon with 34+ years of experience.
- His clinical interest includes neurosurgery, spine surgery, cyberknife, Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) and Gamma Knife.
- He completed graduation from the University of Göttingen, Germany and post-graduation from Medical University of Lübeck, Germany.
- Dr. Goetz did training in neurosurgery from Hannover Medical School, Germany.
- He has many publications under his name in both national and international journals.
- He is a member of many prestigious medical organizations.
Prof. Dr. med. Wolfgang Steinke
Neurologist, Dusseldorf, GermanyHOD, 30 years of experience , Marien Hospital, Dusseldorf Highlights
Treatment of multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, Stroke prevention, Deep Brain Stimulation, Lysis Therapy
- With 30+ years of experience, Prof. Dr. med. Wolfgang Steinke is a neurologist with a worldwide reputation.
- His forte is the treatment of multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, epilepsy, stroke prevention, Deep Brain Stimulation and Lysis Therapy.
- He completed study of human medicine at the University of Düsseldorf, Germany and acquired a doctor’s degree from the same university under the supervision of Dr. med. K. Heinrich.
- Prof. Steinke is a member of several medical organizations, including the German Society of Neurology (DGN), German Society of Ultrasound in Medicine (DEGUM), German Society of Clinical Neurophysiology (DGKN), German Society for Migraine and Headache (DMKG), Group of Neurological Intensive Care (ANIM), American Academy of Neurology (AAN), European Society of Neurology (AAN) and European Stroke Council.
- He also won a scholarship by the German Research Foundation (DFG).
- Under his guidance in the current hospital, the neurology department treats more than 2,500 inpatients.
Prof. Dr. med. Gabriele Schackert
Neurosurgeon, Dresden, GermanyDirector, 32 years of experience , , Carl Gustav Carus University Hospital, Dresden Highlights
Tumor surgery, Skull base surgery, Acoustic neuromas, Intramedullary tumors, Molecular analysis of brain tumors and aneurysms
- With 32+ years of experience, Prof. Dr. med. Gabriele Schackert is a neurosurgeon with a worldwide reputation.
- Her clinical interest includes tumor surgery, skull base surgery, acoustic neuromas, intramedullary tumors, gliomas, molecular analysis of brain tumors and aneurysms.
- She is a member of the German Society for Neurosurgery (DGNC), German Society for Neuro-Oncology, European Association of Neurological Oncology (EANO), German Academy for Neurosurgery, European Skull Base Society (ESB), German Society for Basic Skull Surgery, German Academy for Education and Training in Neurosurgery and German Research Foundation.
- Prof. Schackert has been elected as speaker of Cancer Society, Neuro-Oncology Section.
- She is a co-editor of the Central Journal for Neurosurgery.
- She has been 2nd Chairperson of the Standing Commission for Science and Research.
Need help choosing the right doctor
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team!
Need help choosing the right doctor
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team!
Patients from 85+ countries have trusted Vaidam
NABH Certified Healthcare Discovery Platform
Vaidam is NABH certified healthcare discovery platform that will connect you to top-notch medical experts, hospitals, wellness options, and trusted travel partners to help identify and make the right healthcare choices.
Researched & Personalized Treatment Plan - Under One Roof
You can search for the best hospitals in India to treat cancer and ailments of the heart, bones or kidney, read about them, view photographs of the facilities at the hospitals and the places at which the hospitals are located, and check the cost of treatment.
Quality Treatment Within Your Budget
As soon as you post an enquiry, the patient relation team will collect details from you, share them with the doctors and hospitals on Vaidam's panel, and get a personalized treatment plan. We research to get quality treatment within your budget
Treatment to Travel
Vaidam concierge assists patients, to get medical Visa to travel to India, the best airline fares and arrangements for your stay. Our concierge also helps you with daily travel, language, and food concerns. Vaidam does everything to be your perfect host. All of Vaidam’s services are free of cost to patients.
If you are looking for medical care in India (New Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad or Ahmedabad) or in Turkey (Istanbul,Ankara or Antalya), Vaidam Health has a network in each of those cities.
Vaidam Health gets the prestigious NABH accreditation
Vaidam Health Coverage by Medical Travel Today - The Authoritative Newsletter for Medical Tourism
Vaidam Health gets covered by 'Your Story', India's Leading Online Magazine
Know how it works in less than 90 secs
Savoir comment cela fonctionne en moins de 90 secondes
Sepa cómo funciona en menos de 90 segundos
اعرف كيف يعمل في أقل من 90 ثانية
Узнайте, как это работает менее чем за 90 секунд
View More Updates
Note: Vaidam Health does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. The services and information offered on www.vaidam.com are intended solely for informational purposes and cannot replace the professional consultation or treatment by a physician. Vaidam Health discourages copying, cloning of its webpages and its content and it will follow the legal procedures to protect its intellectual property