Pacemaker Cost In ThailandChat
What is Pacemaker?
A Pacemaker is a small device, which uses electrical pulses to prompt the heart to beat at a normal rate.
How is the Procedure Performed?
The procedure of a Pacemaker implant involves the use of sedative to relax the individual followed by a small incision near the shoulder. Then the surgeon will implant the generator under the skin near the collarbone to help control abnormal heart rhythms.
Who is the Right Doctor for Pacemaker?
The right doctor to consult for a Pacemaker placement is a Cardiologist along with an Electrophysiologist.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The success rate of Pacemaker placement is usually high and varies between 92-96%.
A Pacemaker placement may have some complications such as, an allergic reaction to anesthesia, bleeding, Damaged nerves or blood vessel, Infection at the site of the incision, or rarely a collapsed lung.
The cost of pacemaker surgery includes:
- Preoperative diagnostic tests cost [blood tests, a chest X-ray, an echocardiogram (ECG) and an electrocardiogram (EKG)]
- Procedure cost
- Type of pacemaker used [Single-chamber, Dual-chamber, or Cardiac resynchronization therapy - pacemaker (CRT-P) (used in patients ≥ 90 years of age)]
- Post-procedure cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
- Cost of medication
- Patient's hospital stay
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
- Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
- Post-procedure complications [include pocket bleeding (hematoma), pneumothorax, cardiac injury or tamponade, lead dislodgement, deep venous thrombosis, infection (especially life-threatening endocarditis and lead or device malfunctions), etc.]
- Cost of blood products (if required)
- An extended stay at the hospital
- Cost of accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Cost related to Pacemaker in Thailand
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|PPI-Permanent Pacemaker Implant - Double Chamber||USD 9450 to USD 11550|
|Angioplasty and Stent Placement||USD 6300 to USD 7700|
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Pacemaker in ThailandFilter
Showing 40 Hospitals and doctors for Pacemaker in Thailand
- Established in 1972, the Bangkok Hospital is one of the first private hospitals in Thailand; it has now established its reputation as a tertiary care hospital dedicated especially to Cancer and Cardiology.
- It has Centres & Clinics committed to comprehensive treatment in different medical and surgical departments such as Cardiology, Cancer, Orthopaedics & Spine Surgery, Neurology & Neuroscience, Fertility, Paediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Dentistry, Geriatric, Gastroenterology, Liver, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, and ENT.
- It offers several Health Packages on Fertility, Plastic Surgery, Lasik Eye Surgery, Hip & Knee Surgery, Obesity, Vascular Surgery, Laparoscopic Surgery and many more.
- It is equipped with the latest cutting-edge technologies some of which are - the 256-Slice Multi-Detector CT Scan, Cardiovascular MRI, the first Cartosound in Thailand, LINAC, the ARTIS Pheno machine, PET/CT Scan, and a New X-RAY Biplane Imaging (EOS).
- Having the ultimate "Hybrid Operating Room Full Function", enables the hospital to improve accuracy making it a leader in heart surgery.
- The Hospital has been awarded various accreditations by the Joint Commission International (JCI) in Programmes such as Traumatic Brain Injury, Total Knee Replacement, Acute Coronary Syndrome, Primary Stroke, Low Back Pain, Diabetes Type 2, Breast Cancer Conserving, and Heart Failure.
- It has also received the Hospital Accreditation of Thailand, Asian Hospital Management Award, Global Health Asia-Pacific Awards, and a Dual Medical Transport Accreditation i.e CAMTS USA and CAMTS GLOBAL.
- It provides International Medical Services for foreign patients by assisting them in language translations, special diets, accommodation, liaising with embassies or organisations, and free medical consultations via internet.
Bumrungrad International Hospital, Bangkok
- Established on 17 September 1980, the Bumrungrad International Hospital, Bangkok is a global pioneer in giving the best international standard healthcare services and one of the largest private multi-speciality hospitals in South East Asia with patients coming from over 190 countries annually.
- It is a one-stop healthcare destination for all types of patients with the ability to handle complex care needs.
- It practices a one-price policy for all patients regardless of whether they are local or international patients ensuring the principle value of "care for the people."
- It is a tertiary care hospital having over 45 Centres and Clinics namely, Arrhythmia Centre, Breast Centre, Bumrungrad Robotic Surgery Centre, Children's (Paediatric) Centre, Diagnostic Radiology & Nuclear Medicine, Digestive Disease (GI) Centre, Fertility Centre & IVF Clinic, Heart (Cardiology) Centre, Orthopaedic Centre, Plastic (Cosmetic) Surgery Centre, Spine Institute and many more.
- It is the only hospital in Thailand using next-generation sequencing (NGS) technology.
- It offers many Health Packages under various departments like Mammogram and Breast Ultrasound packages, Arthroscopic Knee Surgery Packages, and Heart Disease Screening packages to mention a few.
- Being a leader in innovative patient services and medical technologies, it utilises state-of-the-art technologies like CardioInsight, a non-invasive diagnostics technology for diagnosing heart arrhythmias - the only active centre in the Asia Pacific.
- It was also the first IBM Watson - a machine-learning AI for Oncology sites in the world, enabling doctors and specialists to analyse patients' data against traditional means by a quicker and most accurate treatment possible.
- The Bumrungrad Robotic Surgery Centre uses the MAKOplasty©, Mazor X and the da Vinci System having better consistency, accuracy, and faster recovery with less invasiveness in joint, spine, and cancer surgeries.
- It is the first private hospital in Thailand to be accredited by the Healthcare Accreditation Institute, the first private hospital in Thailand to be awarded the Thailand Quality Class Award for organizational excellence, the first hospital to receive the award for Excellence in Health Tourism, receives Advanced Hospital Accreditation by the Healthcare Accreditation Institute of Thailand, and the first hospital in Asia to accredited The College of American Pathologists.
- The Hospital is JCI accredited since 2002, the first hospital in Asia to be DNV GL MIR Certified for Infection Risk in 2017, and the first non-USA hospital to receive the Global Healthcare Accreditation with Excellence designation from GHA - a reflection of the highest international quality and safety standards for overseas patients going to the hospital for treatment and care.
- It was listed as the best hospitals in Thailand for 2 consecutive years and one of the top 150 hospitals in the world in 2022.
- It has over 200 interpreters for patients whose language of communication is not English.
Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital, Bangkok
- Established in 1979, Samitivej Hospital is one of the leading private hospital groups in Thailand and SEA and is accredited by JCI.
- It is the first Hospital outside Japan to be accredited with the Japan Council for Quality Health Care (JCQHC) award.
- Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital is part of the seven private hospitals owned by the Bangkok Dusit Medical Services (BDMS), a leading and trusted private healthcare service provider in Thailand and ASEAN countries.
- It is a 275-bed tertiary care hospital with more than 40 Speciality Centres, namely, the Liver & Digestive Institute, Women's Health Centre including Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Bone, Joint, and Spine Centre, Surgery Clinic, Heart Institute, Bone Marrow & Stem Cell Transplantation Centre, Breast Centre, Fertility Centre, Hair Restoration Medical centre, Knee Health Centre, Neurology Centre, Oncology Centre to mention a few.
- Moreover, there is a Children's Hospital that is dedicated to comprehensive Paediatric care covering Newborns, GI, Oncology, Orthopaedics, Oncology, and others. It is the first private children's hospital in Thailand.
- In 1998, it was certified by UNICEF, WHO, the Department of Health, and the Ministry of Public Health, as a mother and baby-friendly hospital.
- It is one of the favourite medical destinations for both the nationals and expats, along with tourists from around the world providing international quality services and facilities. It was awarded the Top 5 World's Best Hospital for Medical Tourism for 2018 by the Medical Travel Quality Alliance.
- It has been a recipient of many awards, namely, Hospital of the Year by the Thailand Healthcare Asia Awards 2020, The Model Private Hospital Award 2020 for being the top private hospital for academic activity in Thailand, and Best Corporate Hospital Award 2019.
- It was also awarded Thailand's Prime Minister Award for the Most Recognized Service in 2004.
- The hospital is equipped with cutting-edge technologies to diagnose and treat patients with accuracy through a Magnetic Resonance Imaging machine (MRI), 640-slice CT scanner with less radiation, Mammogram, Bone Mineral Density (BMD) analysis, Lower abdominal Ultrasound for Men (Testicle Ultrasound), Cranial Ultrasound for infant, Intravenous Pyelography (IVP) and many more.
- It has a team that assists international patients from finding the right doctor to aftercare at home.
Doctors for Pacemaker in Thailand
CardiologyHOD, 33 years of experience
- Dr.Thaveekiat Vasavakul is a popular Cardiologist in Thailand.
- He is a Cardiac Surgeon with 33 years of vast experience in the field.
- The doctor has training in Cardiovascular Diseases like Angiography and Electrophysiology.
- He specializes in adult cardiac surgery, as well as minimally invasive heart surgery.
- Dr. Thaveekiat graduated from Chulalongkorn University Faculty of Medicine in 1988.
- The Doctor best way to communicate in English, Thai with their patients.
Cardiac SurgeonConsultant, 24 years of experience
- Dr. Pornchai Jitmonmana is one of the best cardiothoracic surgeons having 24+ years of experience in this field.
- He is dexterous in treating advanced heart failure and cardiovascular surgery, percutaneous Trans luminal coronary angioplasty (PTCA): Balloon, permanent pacemaker implantation, and coronary artery stenting.
- His other areas of expertise are interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, Rot ablator, AICD (Automatic Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator) etc.
- He pursued M.D (1996) from Faculty of Medicine Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University, and Diploma (Thai Board of Surgery) from Chaoprayayomraj Suphanburi (2003), Thailand.
Prof. Charn Sriratanasathavorn
ElectrophysiologistProfessor, 30 years of experience
- Prof. Charn Sriratanasathavorn is one of the best cardiologists having 30+ years of experience in this field.
- He is adept in treating acute myocardial infarction, blood pressure, cardiomyopathies, atherosclerosis, and atrial fibrillation.
- His other areas of expertise are clinical cardiology, Pacemaker, electrocardiography, cardiovascular physiology, and Radiofrequency ablation.
- He is member of various esteemed associations which include: The Medical Council of Thailand, The Heart Association of Thailand, The Royal College of Physicians of Thailand, The Thai Society of Atherosclerosis, and The American College of Cardiology.
- He pursued MD (1987) from Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Thailand, and Internal Medicine (1991) from Wayne State University, United States.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Electrophysiologist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals