Tavi Cost In IndiaChat
What is Tavi?
TAVI, also called TAVR (Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement), is an invasive procedure that is designed to replace a diseased aortic valve.
How is the Procedure Performed?
Transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI) involves inserting a catheter into a blood vessel in the upper leg or chest and passing it towards the aortic valve. The catheter is then used to guide and fix a replacement valve over the top of the old one.
Who is the Right Doctor for Tavi?
The right doctor to consult for TAVI is a Cardiac Surgeon.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The success rate varies between 71-89%.
Possible complications after TAVI may include vascular injuries, bleeding, stroke, atrioventricular conduction system injuries, Aortic regurgitation, etc.
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Tavi in IndiaFilter
Showing 202 Hospitals and doctors for Tavi in India
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
The hospital falls in the category of the top cardiology hospitals in India holding an unmatched record of 1,52,000 cardiac surgeries
As many as 100 advanced and basic procedures are carried out every day including echo, stress echo, vascular doppler studies, and TMT.
95% of surgeries are beating heart surgeries, thus offering fast recovery and least damage.
The team is expert in handling complicated cases related to Coronary artery bypass surgery, Neonatal heart surgery or Valvular heart disease.
Apollo is the pioneer in Coronary Artery Stenting and LASER angioplasty since 2002.
The cardiac surgeons are experts in advanced techniques like Percutaneous Transluminal Septal Myocardial Ablation.
Apollo has an overall success rate of 98% including emergency cases and repair of complex congenital defects.
Has Well-equipped third-generation cath labs, critical care, and intensive care units.
Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi
The hospital was awarded as the best cardiology hospital in India by Consumer Department.
It has treated more than 70,000 patients in the last 22 years.
The cardiac unit was the first to introduce Asia’s first operational fluid management technologies.
The hospital has attributed in doing India’s first,
Trans-Catheter aortic-valve Implantation (TAVI) procedure
Subcutaneous Defibrillator implantation (S-ICD) procedure
c. Pacemaker implanted via Bundle Pacing
It was also the first in Asia to introduce minimal access surgery, and robotic surgery to treat heart disease.
There are specialty clinics such as ICD clinic, pacemaker clinic, and heart failure clinic.
Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road, Chennai
The hospital is counted amongst the top 10 cardiology hospitals in India as it was the first one to introduce MitraClip, a cutting-edge technology in cardiology.
It was also the first hospital to do India’s first successful Trans-catheter mitral valve replacement.
99.6% of the cardiac bypass surgeries are beating heart surgeries, in which the heart-lung machine is not used, thus providing faster recovery and lesser damage to the body.
The center is armed with state of art equipment for accurate diagnosis, which includes, 320 slice CT Scanner, 64 slice CT angiography, transesophageal echocardiography etc.
It has a record of doing about 1,52,000 cardiac surgeries, which is the highest in entire south-east Asia.
A distinct section is established for pediatric patients, which has treated thousands of cases especially congenital heart diseases and cardiac surgeries.
The team of the best cardiologists in India has performed over 85,000 angiographies and more than 50,000 coronary angioplasties.
Dr. M Sitaram, one of the best cardiologists in India, is working with the hospital for the last 18 years. He has also worked for the Indian Army.
Doctors for Tavi in India
Interventional CardiologistChairman, 30 years of experience
- Dr. T. S. Kler is one of the reputed Interventional Cardiologists having 35 years of experience.
- The first doctor in India to implant an Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD) in April 1995 in India.
- Established the1st Electrophysiology department in India at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute.
- He completed his MBBS from Medical College, Patiala, and MD in Medicine & DM in Cardiology from PGI Chandigarh.
- Implanted the1st heart failure device (Biventricular Pacemaker) and Combo Device (Combination of ICD & Biventricular pacemaker) in South East Asia.
- Performed 2000 cardiac diagnostic angiographies, and around 300 angioplasties including stenting/atherectomy/rotablation every year.
- Interests are Complex Coronary Interventions & Angioplasty using Advanced Techniques, Cardiac Pacing & Electrophysiology, Heart Failure Device, Cardiomyopathy, and Sudden Cardiac Death.
- Awarded the PADMA BHUSHAN, the third-highest civilian honor, by the President of India for contribution to the field of medicine in 2005.
- Awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award 2006' for outstanding contribution in the field of Clinical & Preventive Cardiology in the World.
- There are numerous research papers to his credit published in the National and International popular journals.
- He is a lifetime member of the Indian Medical Association, CSI, ICC, API, IHRS, and Heart Rhythm Society.
Interventional CardiologistConsultant, 26 years of experience
- Dr. Nikhil Kumar is among the finest Interventional Cardiologists in New Delhi.
- Experience of over 25 years in Interventional, Non-invasive Preventive, and Clinical Cardiology.
- His expertise lies in Complex Coronary Angioplasty including Rotational Atherectomy (Rotablation), Pacemaker and AICD implantations, and Cardiac Resynchronisation Therapy.
- Awarded the General Officer Commanding in Chief's Commendation and the Chief of Army Staff's Commendation.
- He has several articles in national and international journals.
Cost of consultation for Tavi with Dr. Nikhil Kumar starts from INR 1500.
Interventional CardiologistSenior Resident, 36 years of experience
- Dr. K. K. Saxena is one of the leading Interventional Cardiologists in India.
- He has been practising for the past 36 years in this field.
- Dr. K. K. Saxena is familiar with all procedures of diagnostic, clinical and interventional cardiology including treadmill exercise testing, Holter monitoring, nuclear studies (MUGA and thallium scanning) and echocardiography (2D, Doppler, colour flow mapping, and oesophageal).
- After completing his MBBS in 1980, he did MD in Medicine from Jiwaji University, Gwalior in 1983, and DM in Cardiology from Mangalore University, Karnataka, India in 1987.
- Independently performed many cardiac catheterisations for paediatric and adult patients.
- Areas of interventional cardiology work that he has been involved in include balloon dilation of the mitral valve, pulmonary valve, coarctation of the aorta, renal and peripheral arteries, as well as temporary and permanent pacemaker implantations.
Before Tavi - Most Frequently Asked Questions
TAVI stands for Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation it is used in helping to improve a damaged aortic valve.
No, TAVI is not a major surgery it is less invasive surgery which is being designed to replace a diseased aortic valve.
Patient who is having severe symptomatic aortic stenosis are at high risk for conventional surgical aortic valave replacement.
Even though the success rate of TAVI is high it has only got few complications, some of the risks of the procedure includes bleeding, injuries, stroke, atrioventricular conduction, system injuries and aortic regurgitation.
TAVI is not recommended for those who have severe aortic stenosis , TAVI surgery will not be beneficial to them but they can definitely get benefit from TAVR surgery.
TAVI is not recommended if you have got any problem with your aortic valve and you are high risk for undergoing an open heart surgery. The aortic valve is one of the four main valves present in your heart.
During the Tavi - Most Frequently Asked Questions
The surgery is done under local anaesthesia and it will take around one to two hours to do the surgery in some cases it can also be done under general anaesthesia depending on the best solution for you.
In this procedure a catheter is being inserted in your blood vessels and then it is passed in your aortic valve and the catheter is used to guide and fix the replaced valve one above the other.
You will be in hospital for one to five days after the surgery initially you will be under close observation but when the doctor feel you are fit to go home then they can send you home.
TAVI procedure will take around three hours to complete and it is performed under local or general anaesthesia.
After Tavi - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Recovery rate of the people is different depending on their health and the type of heart valve procedure. You will need around six to ten weeks to recover completely after the procedure. You have to do daily activities and exercises during your recovery.
There is no definite data which can tell how long your TAVI, according to recent data the age of TAVI lasts upto 20 years.
You may feel umcomfortable after the procedure but it will go off in few days and you will be also given painkillers.
You will be under observation for one or two days after the procedure, your cardiologist will come every day to check you. Your wound site will be monitored by your team during this time.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals