Myomectomy Cost In IndiaChat
What is Myomectomy?
Myomectomy is a surgical procedure to take out uterine fibroids and reconstruct the uterus.
Who is the Right Doctor for Myomectomy?
A Gynecologist is a suitable doctor to consult for Myomectomy.
How is the Procedure Performed?
Depending on the size, number, and location of fibroids, the surgeon may choose one of three surgical approaches:
- Laparoscopic or Robotic Myomectomy are both minimally invasive procedures; the surgeon removes fibroids through many small abdominal incisions.
- To treat smaller fibroids (submucosal fibroids), the surgeon performs a Hysteroscopic Myomectomy. He accesses and removes the fibroids using instruments inserted through the vagina and cervix into the uterus.
- In an Abdominal Myomectomy, the surgeon makes an open abdominal incision to access the uterus and remove fibroids.
The cost of Myomectomy includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost [ultrasound, complete blood count (CBC), and MRI]
Types of surgery (Abdominal myomectomy, Laparoscopic myomectomy, Robotic myomectomy, or Hysteroscopic myomectomy)
Post-Operative cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
Medicine cost (anti-inflammatory, painkillers, etc.)
Patient's hospital stay
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
The severity of the disease
Post-surgical complication, if it happens [such as Haemorrhage, Injury to the uterus, Formation of scar tissue (adhesions) within the uterus]
Cost of Blood products (if required)
Age of the patient
An extended stay at the Hospital
Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Cost related to Myomectomy in India
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Myomectomy||Rs.47020 to Rs.62693|
|Fibroid Removal Myomectomy||Rs.97680 to Rs.130240|
|Myomectomy Surgery||Rs.101010 to Rs.134680|
|Laparoscopic Myomectomy||Rs.108780 to Rs.145040|
Help Us With Patient Details
Images Related To Myomectomy
What is Myomectomy?
Before and after Myomectomy Surgery.
Fibroid Removal Surgery detail.
Benefits of Myomectomy Surgery.
Top hospitals and doctors for Myomectomy in IndiaFilter
Showing 130 Hospitals and doctors for Myomectomy in India
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Established in 1996, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital is NABL and JCI accredited.
- Apollo Group offers 10,000 beds across 64 hospitals, more than 2,200 pharmacies, over 100 primary care & diagnostic clinics and 115 telemedicine units across 9 countries.
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital has 52 specialties under one roof.
- Major specialities of the hospital include Anaesthesia, Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery, Cancer, Paediatrics, Critical Care, Emergency Care, Fetal Medicine, Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Interventional Radiology, IVF, Liver and Kidney Transplant, Nuclear Medicine, Nephrology, Neurosciences, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, Otolaryngology (ENT), Paediatrics, Pediatric Surgery, Psychiatry and Clinical Psychology, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Respiratory & Sleep Medicine, Rheumatology, Spine Surgery, Urology and Andrology and Vascular and Endovascular Surgery.
- First hospital in India to perform a Paediatric Liver Transplant in 1998.
- The hospital ranked first in Neurosciences, Renal Sciences, Oncology, Paediatrics, Gynaecology and Obstetrics & Emergency in The Times Of India Healthcare Survey 2016.
- It has also ranked the 6th Best Private Hospital in India for Cardiology by The WEEK in the Best Hospital Survey 2013 conducted by A C Nielsen.
- Awarded a Special Commendation for the Golden Peacock Environment Management Award by a jury chaired by Justice P. N. Bhagwati and Former Chief Justice of India for the hospital's environmental practices.
Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon
The gynecology unit includes highly skilled gynecologists, who are experts in performing laparoscopic and robotic surgeries with minimal invasion along with the latest devices like Robot Xi.
The hospital has achieved an expertise to deal with cases such as high-risk pregnancies, prenatal testing, fetal monitoring, fetal therapy, and fertility services.
The unit has the latest technologies with the current devices like endometrial ablation, cervical biopsy, hysterosalpingography, uterine fibroid embolization, fluid-contrast ultrasound and many more.
Dr. Suneeta Mittal is leading the department, who is amongst the best gynecologists in India with an experience of nearly 42 years.
Her areas of expertise include Family Welfare & Contraception, Infertility & Reproductive Endocrinology, and Medical Education Technology.
World Infertility and IVF Centre, New Delhi
- Located in the heart of the capital city, World IVF Institute offers comprehensive services for diagnosis and treatment of infertility.
- The center is equipped with the most advanced equipment in the field of infertility and laparoscopy.
- The embryology lab operates year-round and has embryologists and support staff.
- The institute deals with various reproductive techniques, such as oocyte/embryo culture, blastocyst culture and transfer, ICSI, embryo cryopreservation and laser-assisted hatching.
Doctors for Myomectomy in India
Gynaecologist and ObstetricianConsultant, 26 years of experience
- Dr. Rama Joshi is among the top Gynae Oncologists in India, having 26 years of experience.
- Experienced in all kinds of cancer surgeries related to females like high-risk pregnancies, treatment of cancer of the uterus, treatment of cancer of ovaries, and female reproductive system.
- Specializes in Surgery for Uterus Cancer, Surgery for Ovarian Cancer & All Gynaecological Cancer Surgeries.
- Interests are clinical research, radical surgeries for all diagnosed, suspicious, and recurrent gynaecological cancers, as well as management of gynaecological pre-cancerous lesions.
- Awarded with the prestigious Pfizer Gold Medal of Post Graduate Medical Education & Bhamashah Award for academic excellence.
Cost of consultation for Myomectomy with Dr. Rama Joshi starts from INR 1500.
Gynaecologist and ObstetricianDirector, 18 years of experience
- Dr. Aruna Kalra is one of the best Gynecologists and Obstetricians with 18+ years of experience.
- She is a recipient of the Gold Medal in Post Graduation and Gold Medal in Quiz Competition.
- Her areas of expertise include Female Infertility Treatment, High-Risk Pregnancy Care, Normal Vaginal Delivery (Painless), Laparoscopic Myomectomy, Laparoscopy Hysterectomy and more.
- She is an expert in Scarless laparoscopic surgeries.
- Dr. Kalra is a member of the Federation of Obstetric and Gynaecological Societies of India (FOGSI) and the Gurgaon Obstetrics & Gynaecologic Society (GOGS).
Cost of consultation for Myomectomy with Dr. Aruna Kalra starts from INR 1500.
Gynaecologist and ObstetricianSenior Consultant, 19 years of experience
- Dr. Meenakshi Dua is a renowned Gynecologist & Obstetrician and is an Infertility specialist with extensive 19+ years of experience.
- She has completed her graduation and post-graduation from the reputed Kasturba Medical College, Manipal.
- Dr. Dua is a member of the Indian Medical Association (IMA), AICOG, IFS, FOGSI, IMS, ISAR, RCOG, AOGD, Indian Fertility Society (IFS), Federation of Obstetric and Gynaecological Societies of India (FOGSI), IMS.
- Her area of clinical expertise lies in Female Infertility Treatment, Fertility Treatment, Male Infertility Treatment, Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI), In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF), D&C (Dilation and Curettage), Natural Cycle IVF, Donor Insemination Surrogacy, Surrogacy, etc.
- To date, she has worked in some of the top-notch institutes of India such as C. K Birla hospital for women, Pushpanjali Crossley Hospital, Kasturba Medical College, Manipal, Southend Fertility & IVF Centre, Cloudnine Hospitals.
Myomectomy Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Myomectomy - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Abdominal open myomectomy is a major surgical procedure. It involves making an incision through the skin on the lower abdomen known as a "bikini cut," and removing the fibroids from the wall of the uterus. However, if the fibroids are smaller then the same procedure can be done laparascopically, which then makes it a lower risk surgery.
Depends on Obesity, Number and size of fibroids and previous surgical history of the individual.
That’s right, the purpose of Myomectomy surgery is to remove the fibroids that are inhibiting the process of conception.
That’s right, heavy bleeding and pain because of fibroids will subside and go away.
Myomectomy is the surgery which removes the fibroids from the uterus. This is the best option for women who have fibroids and want to have children in their future.
Some symptoms which indicate the presence of fibroid are:
- pelvic pain
- irregular bleeding\
- frequent urination
- heavy periods
This is a good option for women who have fibroids present in their uterus ans they want to get pregnant in future. Myomectomy removes the fibroids from the uterus without damaging the uterus.
You will be prescribed with some medicines before the surgery to reduce the size of your fibroids and makes their removal easier. Gonadotropin releasing hormone will be given to you to put you in a temporary state of menopause. You have to stop taking alcohol and smoking. The ,midnight before the surgery you have to stop eating or drinking anything.
Your doctor will prescribe you some blood test, MRI scan and pelvic ultrasound before you go for myomectomy.
Many women get relief from the symptoms of pelvic pain and heavy menstrual bleeding. In some cases fibroids can come back especially in women of younger age.
Myomectomy is the surgical procedure for removing the benign growth of benign muscle which is also known as fibroids.
In myomectomy fibroids are being removed by keeping the uterus intact, this is an alternative to hysterectomy in which removal of uterus is needed.
There are different ways of performing myomectomy depending in the size, number and location of the fibroids. There are different surgical and non surgical procedure involved in myomectomy.
Many women do not experience any symptoms of fibroids, no symptoms are seen. Doctor advise you to undergo myomectomy if ultrasound shows presence of fibroids in uterus and the symptoms interfere in day to day life.
Women should go for myomectomy for restoring the uterus, if you are planning a pregnancy.
During the Myomectomy - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Hospital stay is for 2 days.
It is a 2 hour procedure.
Myomectomy is done by three procedures :
- Abdominal myomectomy
- Laproscopic myomectomy
- Hysteroscopic myomectomy
In abdominal myomectomy a horizontal 3-4 inch long incision is being made just above your pubic bone or a vertical incision is made just below your belly button to just above your pubic bone. After making the incision, the fibroids are removed from the wall of the uterus and then sutures are being placed.
In laproscopic myomectomy, you will be given general anaesthesia and four small incision of half inch will be made in your lower part of abdomen and your stomach will be filled with CO2 gas to check inside your abdomen. Then a laproscope will b e placed through the incision which has camera at one end and a small incision will be placed at other end, the fibroids are cut by the instruments and then the instrument is removed and the gas is released and the incision is closed.
In this procedure a thin lighted scope will be placed through your vagina or cervix into your uterus. Then a special liquid will be placed into your uterus for widening it, a wire loop is being used to shave out the pieces of fibroids.
The surgery is being done under general anaesthesia.
Abdominal myomectomy is done if large uterine fibroids are present. Laproscopic myomectomy is done if the fibroids are smaller in size and less in number and hysteroscopic myomectomy is done if the fibroids inside the uterus are smaller and it involves removal through the vagina.
This procedure is done under general anaesthesia, first an horizontal incision is being made in the lower part of abdomen just above your pubic bone. Then a vertical incision is made just below your belly button just above your pubic bone, this incision is less commonly used but it can be used if the fibroids are larger. Once the incision are made fibroids are removed from the wall of the uterus and the uterine muscles are being stitched.
After Myomectomy - Most Frequently Asked Questions
1 week for stitch removal and 6 weeks for full recovery.
You may have a brown or reddish brown vaginal discharge or spotting for a few weeks or until your first period. This is normal. Expect your first two periods to start early or late.
The swelling will take several weeks to go down, may take about 4 to 6 weeks to fully recover. It is important to avoid lifting while you are recovering so that you can heal.
Most patients join their work after 7 day.
6 weeks from surgery
It depends on the age of the patient. If patient is already in menopause, then chances of recurrence are very minimal. For females who are still getting regular cycles, doctor can give an injection (during procedure or after 7 days of procedure) to avoid recurrence for another 5 years. This way, patient can fulfil the desire of motherhood, if that’s the primary factor.
It is safe to plan for fertility after 4-6 months of the procedure.
Women who has more than six fibroids in which there chances of pregnancy are less, in some cases this procedure can weaken your uterus also, there are chances that your uterus can tear as pregnancy starts.
If you have uterine fibroids which are causing the symptoms then myomectomy can be used to remove fibroids and getting relief from the symptoms. The typ of myomectomy procedure which you undergo depends on the size and location of your fibroids.
In case of abdominal myomectomy your scar will be one inch below your pubic hairline and it also fades with time. The scar from laproscopic myomectomy can be seen while wearing low cut bikni or a crop top, this scar is also very smaller and will fade with time.
Some of the common complictaions which you can notice after myomectomy are infection, excessive bleeding, scar tissue, occurence of a new fibroid.
. For abdominal myomectomy four to six weeks of recovery is needed and for laproscopic myomectomy two to four weeks of recovery is needed and for hysteroscopic myomectomy two to three days is needed for recovety.
Dont lift any heavy object or do heavy exercise till your incisions are completely healed. If you want to get pregnant after the procedure ask your doctor when to start planning.
Initially after surgery you will be given intravenous fluid for maintaining hydration. Urinary catheter will be placed for passage of urine. You will be advised to take liquid diet after surgery. There may be some vaginal discharge after surgery.
You should not lift any heavy object or do any strenuous exercise till your incisions are completely healed. You should avoid sexual activity till six weeks after the surgery.
Every surgery has some risk and complications some of the risk of the procedure includes infection, heavy bleeding, damage to nearby organs, hole in uterus, scar tissue and new fibroid formation.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Gynaecologist and Obstetrician
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals