Ivf Cost In ThailandChat
What is Ivf?
In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) is the most effective form of assisted reproductive technology, where mature eggs are collected (retrieved) from ovaries and fertilized by sperm in a lab. The fertilized egg (embryo) or eggs (embryos) are transferred to the uterus.
One complete cycle of IVF takes about three weeks. The procedure can be done using your eggs and your partner's sperm.
Another way is using eggs, sperm, or embryos from a known or anonymous donor.
How is the Procedure Performed?
IVF involves several steps -
ovarian stimulation, you might receive an injectable medication containing a follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), a luteinizing hormone (LH), or a combination of both for stimulating the ovary to produce multiple eggs.
Egg retrieval, Transvaginal ultrasound aspiration is the usual retrieval method to collect eggs.
For sperm retrieval (the partner will provide the sample), fertilization is done; after that, healthy sperm and mature eggs are mixed and incubated overnight, and the embryo is transferred into the vagina.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The chances of having a healthy baby using IVF depend on many factors, such as your age, ovarian reserve, and sperm count.
The average success rate is 60-70 percent.
The cost of IVF includes:
Cost for Diagnostic tests, some of which may include hormone-specific tests (FSH, AMH, and Estradiol) tubal patency tests, prolactin tests, and semen evaluation
Procedure cost (depends on the type of procedure)
Types of procedures - fresh, frozen, cleavage (day 3), blastocyst (day 5), single, and multiple embryo transfers
Post-Operative cost (The IVF cycle takes around four weeks and there are 3-6 visits between the start of stimulation and egg retrieval.)
Patient's hospital stay (IVF is an outpatient procedure, however in some cases, the patient needs to be admitted to the hospital before the process)
Note: It is advised to do a blood pregnancy test after 12-14 days of IVF and to avoid a home pregnancy test as may wrongly give a false positive if tested before 7 days due to residual HCG after the shot given for egg maturation.
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
Age of the patient
Post-IVF patients may feel some side effects (nausea or vomiting, shortness of breath, decreased frequency of urination, feeling of faintness, weight gain, stomach pain and bloating, breast tenderness, constipation, cramping)
Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
If any extra investigations are required
Cost related to Ivf in Thailand
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|IVF||USD 4500 to USD 5500|
|IVF with Donor Eggs||USD 4050 to USD 4950|
|Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection Procedure ICSI||USD 5400 to USD 6600|
Help Us With Patient Details
Images Related To Ivf
Types of Fertilization.
Steps in IVF procedure.
Types of IVF treatment.
Benefits of IVF.
Perspective patients of IVF.
Top hospitals and doctors for Ivf in ThailandFilter
Showing 40 Hospitals and doctors for Ivf in Thailand
- Established in 1972, the Bangkok Hospital is one of the first private hospitals in Thailand; it has now established its reputation as a tertiary care hospital dedicated especially to Cancer and Cardiology.
- It has Centres & Clinics committed to comprehensive treatment in different medical and surgical departments such as Cardiology, Cancer, Orthopaedics & Spine Surgery, Neurology & Neuroscience, Fertility, Paediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Dentistry, Geriatric, Gastroenterology, Liver, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, and ENT.
- It offers several Health Packages on Fertility, Plastic Surgery, Lasik Eye Surgery, Hip & Knee Surgery, Obesity, Vascular Surgery, Laparoscopic Surgery and many more.
- It is equipped with the latest cutting-edge technologies some of which are - the 256-Slice Multi-Detector CT Scan, Cardiovascular MRI, the first Cartosound in Thailand, LINAC, the ARTIS Pheno machine, PET/CT Scan, and a New X-RAY Biplane Imaging (EOS).
- Having the ultimate "Hybrid Operating Room Full Function", enables the hospital to improve accuracy making it a leader in heart surgery.
- The Hospital has been awarded various accreditations by the Joint Commission International (JCI) in Programmes such as Traumatic Brain Injury, Total Knee Replacement, Acute Coronary Syndrome, Primary Stroke, Low Back Pain, Diabetes Type 2, Breast Cancer Conserving, and Heart Failure.
- It has also received the Hospital Accreditation of Thailand, Asian Hospital Management Award, Global Health Asia-Pacific Awards, and a Dual Medical Transport Accreditation i.e CAMTS USA and CAMTS GLOBAL.
- It provides International Medical Services for foreign patients by assisting them in language translations, special diets, accommodation, liaising with embassies or organisations, and free medical consultations via internet.
Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital, Bangkok
- Established in 1979, Samitivej Hospital is one of the leading private hospital groups in Thailand and SEA and is accredited by JCI.
- It is the first Hospital outside Japan to be accredited with the Japan Council for Quality Health Care (JCQHC) award.
- Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital is part of the seven private hospitals owned by the Bangkok Dusit Medical Services (BDMS), a leading and trusted private healthcare service provider in Thailand and ASEAN countries.
- It is a 275-bed tertiary care hospital with more than 40 Speciality Centres, namely, the Liver & Digestive Institute, Women's Health Centre including Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Bone, Joint, and Spine Centre, Surgery Clinic, Heart Institute, Bone Marrow & Stem Cell Transplantation Centre, Breast Centre, Fertility Centre, Hair Restoration Medical centre, Knee Health Centre, Neurology Centre, Oncology Centre to mention a few.
- Moreover, there is a Children's Hospital that is dedicated to comprehensive Paediatric care covering Newborns, GI, Oncology, Orthopaedics, Oncology, and others. It is the first private children's hospital in Thailand.
- In 1998, it was certified by UNICEF, WHO, the Department of Health, and the Ministry of Public Health, as a mother and baby-friendly hospital.
- It is one of the favourite medical destinations for both the nationals and expats, along with tourists from around the world providing international quality services and facilities. It was awarded the Top 5 World's Best Hospital for Medical Tourism for 2018 by the Medical Travel Quality Alliance.
- It has been a recipient of many awards, namely, Hospital of the Year by the Thailand Healthcare Asia Awards 2020, The Model Private Hospital Award 2020 for being the top private hospital for academic activity in Thailand, and Best Corporate Hospital Award 2019.
- It was also awarded Thailand's Prime Minister Award for the Most Recognized Service in 2004.
- The hospital is equipped with cutting-edge technologies to diagnose and treat patients with accuracy through a Magnetic Resonance Imaging machine (MRI), 640-slice CT scanner with less radiation, Mammogram, Bone Mineral Density (BMD) analysis, Lower abdominal Ultrasound for Men (Testicle Ultrasound), Cranial Ultrasound for infant, Intravenous Pyelography (IVP) and many more.
- It has a team that assists international patients from finding the right doctor to aftercare at home.
Vejthani Hospital Bangkok, Thailand
- Vejthani Hospital, established in 1994, is one of the leading private international hospitals in Thailand that provides JCI-accredited quaternary health care services.
- Cutting-edge medical technologies, internationally trained specialists, world-class health care standards, and authentic Thai hospitality are their key competencies.
- The hospital serves over 300,000 patients from over 100 countries annually with over 200 inpatient beds.
- Providing a team of knowledgeable translators ensures they are able to communicate effectively in over 20 languages, aptly resolving issues regarding barriers to communication in healthcare.
- Over 300 specialists across multiple specialties at Vejthani Hospital provide a comprehensive range of quaternary medical services, including bone marrow transplant, total joint replacement surgery, kidney transplant, plastic surgery, dental, skin & laser treatment, spine surgery, and gastrointestinal disorder treatment.
- Vejthani Hospital has received one of the highest numbers of Clinical Care Program Certifications (CCPCs) from Joint Commission International (JCI) in the United States, which accredits top-tier hospitals that achieve the highest facilitation for patient safety.
- Vejthani Hospital’s clinical care programs for Diabetes Type II, Hepatitis B, Knee Replacement, and Lumbar Decompression and Fixation have received JCI CCPC.
- As two of the certified fields are subcategories of orthopedics, makes it is popular for patients to claim that the hospital patients gave the hospital the title ‘The King of Bones.
- Vejthani Hospital is the first hospital in the world to receive Hepatitis B CCPC and is the first in Southeast Asia to receive Lumbar Decompression and Fixation CCPC.
Doctors for Ivf in Thailand
Pol. Gen. Dr. Jongjate Aojanepong
Gynaecologist and ObstetricianDirector, 43 years of experience
- Pol. Gen. Dr. Jongjate Aojanepong is one of the renowned Obstetricians and Gynecologists in Bangkok, Thailand.
- He holds 43 years of tremendous experience in his field.
- His specializations are infertility treatment and reproductive medicine.
- He completed his M.D., Faculty of Medicine, Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Thailand, in 1979, Diploma of Thai Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology, in 1983, and Fellowship in Infertility, in 1986.
- He speaks English and Thai.
Gynaecologist and ObstetricianDirector, 14 years of experience
- Dr. Nisarath Soontrapa is a leading Obstetrician, Gynecologist, and Infertility Specialist in Bangkok, Thailand.
- She has been practicing for the past 14 years.
- His specializations are Fertility Preservation and Laparoscopic & Hysteroscopic Surgery.
- She completed her M.D., Faculty of Medicine from Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Thailand, in 2008, Diploma of the Thai Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, in 2012, and Diploma of Reproductive Medicine, Thai Medical Council, in 2014.
- She has research publications in several international medical journals in the field of Infertility and Menopause.
Prof. Dr. Kamthorn Pruksananonda
Gynaecologist and ObstetricianProfessor, 39 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Kamthorn Pruksananonda is a recognized Obstetrician & Gynaecologist having 39 years of experience.
- His areas of expertise are Minimally Invasive Surgery and Reproductive Medicine.
- After completing his MD from Chulalongkorn University, Thailand, in 1982, he did a Diploma of The Thai Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology in 1988 and gained a Fellowship in Reproductive Biology and Infertility from the University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, USA, in 1991.
- After that, he did a Diploma of The Thai Subboard of Reproductive Medicine in 1997.
- He speaks English, Teo Chew, and Thai.
Ivf Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Ivf - Most Frequently Asked Questions
In natural conception, fertilization of the egg and sperm occurs inside a woman's body, when the fertilized embryo continues to grow inside a woman's uterus, pregnancy results in the birth of a baby about 9 months later. This process is called natural or unassisted conception.
Assisted reproductive technology (ART) are special medical procedures that are used to aid the woman in getting pregnant.
Infertility refers to the inability to conceive after a year of having regular unprotected sex.
Most IVF doctors recommend transferring up to three embryos at a time to increase the chances of pregnancy, which may result in multiple pregnancies.
Results may differ from one clinic to another Pregnancy rates reflect the number of women who became pregnant after IVF. But not all pregnancies result in a live birth. Live birth rates reflect the number of women who give birth to a living child.Usually the percentage of live birth ranges between 40-45 percent for a patient below the age of 35 yrs .
In the process of IVF the woman’s egg are being retrieved surgically and then it is fertilized in the laboratory by mixing with the partner sperm. The fertilized egg is being left to grow for two to five days and then it is surgically transferred to woman’s womb.
There are various factor which has an important role in determining whether the patient can go for IVF treatment such as low sperm count, endometriosis, problem in uterus or fallopian tube, ovulation disorder, sperm not able to penetrate or survice in the cervical mucus.
The success rate of IVF is determined according to the age, apart from age the other factors which plays an important role in success of IVF varies according to the height, weight, the condition causing infertility, sperm count, reproductive history and the number of previous pregnancy, miscarriage and birth.
Before your IVF you should stop smoking, drinking alcohol & reduce your caffeine intake. It has also seen that nicotine can cause aging of the ovaries and makes the egg resistant to fertilization.
Once it is confirmed that you are pregnant, you need to see your gynaecologist for your blood test and ultrasound to check how pregnancy is being progressing.
Your doctor will decide the number of embryos to be transferred into your uterus. If only single embryo is transferred then it will be not possible to have multiple pregnancies. The chances of giving birth from multiple embryos are somewhat higher than transferring a single embryo.
During the Ivf - Most Frequently Asked Questions
The process of IVF can last anywhere from four to six weeks before egg retrieval. Embryos will be implanted two to five days after it. It is usually not successful in first attempt most patient has to undergo multiple cycle to become pregnant.
IVF is generally performed by Gynecologist doctors or a reproductive endrocinologist who have special interest in fertility treatment and are qualified for it.
During the process of IVF, the mature eggs are being collected from the ovaries and then they are fertilized and transferred to the uterus. For completing one full cycle of IVF it will take about three weeks or even longer time.
After Ivf - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Outcomes may vary from one clinic to another. Pregnancy rates reflect the number of women who became pregnant after IVF. However, not all pregnancies result in a live birth. Surviving birth rates reflect the number of women who give birth to a living child. The survival rate for a patient under the age of 35 is usually between 40-45 percent.
Unused embryos may be frozen and implanted later or donated
It is advised to do a blood pregnancy test after 12-14 days of IVF and to avoid home pregnancy test as may wrongly give a false positive if tested before 7 days due to residual HCG after the shot given for egg maturation.
If the eggs are unhealthy you can use donor eggs
Yes, you can travel back.
Some of the restrictions which you have to follow during your IVF is quit smoking and drinkling, vigorous exercise, medications, taking herbal supplements.
Patients are asked to wait for one to two full menstrual cycle before starting the another IVF cycle. Some other tests are needed which can even delay the IVF cycles.
Some of the side effects associated with IVF are nausea or vomiting, shortness of breath, decreased frequency of urination, feeling of faintness, weight gain, stomach pain and bloating, breast tenderness, constipation, cramping.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Infertility Specialist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Ivf
FAQ videos related to Ivf
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Ivf in other countries, compared to Thailand?
Approximate price of Ivf in other countries compared to Thailand is:
- India, USD 2800 to USD 4200, approximately 30% lower than Thailand
- Turkey, USD 2000 to USD 3000, approximately 50% lower than Thailand
- Germany, USD 4000 to USD 6000, approximately 0% higher than Thailand
- Malaysia, USD 4000 to USD 6000, approximately 0% higher than Thailand