Glenn Procedure Cost In GermanyChat
What is Glenn Procedure?
Glenn procedure is a palliative surgical procedure performed for patients with Tricuspid atresia. It is also part of the surgical treatment path for hypoplastic left heart syndrome.
How is the Procedure Performed?
Glenn procedure involves redirecting blood flow from the upper body to the lungs. The superior vena cava (SVC) is disconnected from the heart and connected directly to the pulmonary artery.
Who is the Right Doctor for Glenn Procedure?
The right doctor to consult for Glenn procedure is a Cardiac Surgeon.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The success rate usually lies between 62-71%, depending on the type of treatment followed.
Possible risks after the Glenn procedure may include bleeding, infection, blood clot, etc.
Cost related to Glenn Procedure in Germany
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Glenn procedure||USD 22500 to USD 27500|
Glenn Procedure in Germany
Popular Cities in Germany for Glenn Procedure are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Glenn Procedure in GermanyFilter
Showing 33 Hospitals and doctors for Glenn Procedure in Germany
Charite University Hospital
- The Charité University Hospital located in Berlin is one of Europe's most reputed and largest university hospitals affiliated with Humboldt University and Free University Berlin.
- Established in 1710, it is one of Germany's most research-intensive medical institutions, which was ranked by Focus as the best of over 1000 hospitals in Germany.
- In 2010, the clinic celebrated its 300th anniversary, and in 2019 and 2020, Newsweek ranked the Charité as the fifth-best hospital in the world and best in Europe.
- The hospitals has numerous Collaborative Research Centres (CRC) of the Deutsche Forschungsgmeinschaft.
- Charité treats more patients than any other university hospital in Germany with 692,920 outpatient cases and 152,693 inpatient cases in a year.
- From 2012 to 2020, more than half of all German Nobel Prize winners in Physiology or Medicine, including Emil von Behring, Robert Koch, and Paul Ehrlich have worked at the Charité.
- Several congressmen and diplomats have been treated at the Charité, including German Chancellor Angela Merkel, Yulia Tymoshenko from Ukraine, and, more recently, Russian opposition politician Alexei Navalny was treated here in August 2020.
Asklepios Hospital Barmbek, Hamburg
- Founded in 2005, Asklepios Hospital Barmbek is a part of the Asklepios medical group.
- The Asklepios group was founded in 1985 and is one of the largest networks of private clinics.
- All the hospitals of this group have in-house laboratories performing more than 18 million tests annually.
- The group is the first in Germany to be certified in accordance with the European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM).
- The hospital offers state-of-the-art treatments to more than 80,000 national and international patients.
- It has been granted numerous certifications for its extremely advanced medical standards.
- The hospital has been recognized as one of the best clinics in the world in the field of medical tourism by Alliance for Quality of Medical Tourism.
- It has been awarded a CTQ quality certificate, which indicates impeccable medical services.
- This clinic is one of the renowned hospitals for the treatment of liver diseases.
- It is one of the few hospitals in the world to use bactericidal action of copper surfaces, including copper light switches and copper handles to create a “hospital free from germs”.
- According to the Medical Travel Quality Alliance Quality (MTQUA), the hospital ranks among the top ten hospitals in the world in the field of medical tourism.
Asklepios St. Georg Hospital
- Asklepios St. Georg Hospital is a multispeciality center located in Hamburg and is a part of the Asklepios Medical Group.
- The group which houses a network of 150 medical establishments in 14 federal districts of Germany making it one of the largest private hospital group in Germany with 26,500 beds combined.
- The hospital is certified by the International Organization for Standardization, Switzerland, and the Center for Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation, Germany.
- Furthermore, Asklepios St. Georg has earned 18 awards and certificates that prove the high quality of medical services available in the European Union.
- The Asklepios holds 732 beds and treats about half of all hospital patients in Hamburg (nearly 87,000 patients) annually and covers all medical specialties such as ophthalmology, cardiology, neuroradiology, vascular, dentistry, etc.
- The hospital is located in the center of Hamburg and due to its central location, the location appeals to people of any age and any culture. It is home to wonderful old buildings mixed with sidewalk cafes and shops.
- The Asklepios Hospital is one of the few in the world that utilizes the bactericidal action of copper surfaces to create a "hospital without germs environment".
Doctors for Glenn Procedure in Germany
Cardiac SurgeonChief, 22 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Med. Henning Baberg is a cardiologist with 22+ years of experience.
- His areas of expertise include heart catheter, percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty, atrial appendage closure, rotablation, atrial septal defect closure and more.
- He is a member of the Medical Advisory Board of Helios Kliniken GmbH and Rector of the Medical School Berlin.
- Dr. Baberg has many publications under his name in both national and international medical journals.
- He completed his graduation from the renowned medical university of Germany.
- He also did training in the cardiology field under the worldwide-renowned doctors of the country.
Cardiac SurgeonSenior Consultant, 31 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. med. Sigrid Nikol is a cardiologist with 31+ years of experience.
- Her expertise includes Angiology, Thoracic and Cardiac Surgery and Vascular Surgery.
- She is a member of the German Angiology Society, the German Society for Arteriosclerosis Research, the German Society for Internal Medicine, the European Society of Cardiology (ESC), the German Cardiac Society, International Society for Cardiovascular Surgery and International Andreas Gruentzig Society.
- Dr. Nikol won several awards, including the Schwarz Monheim Prize from the German Angiology Society, the Prize for the best doctorate in the Cardiovascular Area of the Heart Center and the Dissertation Award of the University of Münster.
- She completed graduation and post-graduation from the esteemed university of Germany.
- She has many publications under her name in international journals.
Cardiac SurgeonHead of Department, 26 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. med. Michael Weyand is a cardiac surgeon with 26+ years of experience.
- His clinical interest includes CABG, minimally invasive heart valve surgery, heart transplantation, pacemaker implantation, defibrillator implantation and minimally invasive heart surgery.
- He completed graduation from Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich followed by post-graduation.
- Dr. Weyand and his team perform more than 1,600 surgeries on heart and blood vessels.
- He is a member of German Cardiac Society and European Society of Cardiology.
- He has more than 90+ publications under his name in national and international journals.
Glenn Procedure Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
More searches related to Glenn Procedure
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Glenn Procedure in other countries, compared to Germany?
Approximate price of Glenn Procedure in other countries compared to Germany is:
- India, USD 4640 to USD 6960, approximately 77% lower than Germany
- Turkey, USD 16000 to USD 24000, approximately 20% lower than Germany
- Thailand, USD 17200 to USD 25800, approximately 14% lower than Germany
- Israel, USD 17600 to USD 26400, approximately 12% lower than Germany
- Singapore, USD 16000 to USD 24000, approximately 20% lower than Germany
- Malaysia, USD 9280 to USD 13920, approximately 54% lower than Germany