- 6000 Beds
- Established in : 2001
- Multi Specialty
- The Vivantes Hospital Group is one of the largest state-owned healthcare companies operating around 100 medical departments and institutions, rehabilitation centers, 40 centers of excellence, primary healthcare facilities, 12 nursing facilities, and other outpatient and inpatient healthcare facilities in Berlin, Germany
- The Vivantes Hospital Group was founded in 2001 and the company runs 10 hospitals with a total capacity of nearly 6,000 beds and more than 17,000 employees, 2,300 of which are physicians.
- The Hospitals treat nearly 2,35,622 inpatients and 3,22,503 outpatients per year.
- An exceptional foreign department was established to assist all queries of international patients.
- It is the biggest state-owned hospital group in Berlin providing hospital care for about a third of patients in the city seeking inpatient care.
- Vivantes Clinic August-Victoria received the status of "Baby-friendly hospital" and Vivantes Humboldt and Vivantes Friedrichshain clinics were awarded the UNICEF Quality Awards.
- The tumor center of Vivantes consists of three cancer centers in the north, south, and in the center of Berlin. All three cancer centers are certified by the German Society for Hematology and Oncology (DGHO).
- The Federation for Environmental Protection and Nature Conservation of Germany (Bund Berlin) awarded the Vivantes Neukolln clinic status "Energy Saving Hospital".
Images related to Vivantes Hospital Group
Select Medical Department of Your Interest
Am Nordgraben 2
Team and Specialities
- The ten hospitals situated all over Berlin deliver top-quality and cutting edge medical care.
- Vivantes treats over half a million patients each year in over 40 highly-specialized centers of excellence including the Aeromedical Center, Breast Center, Cancer Centers, Cardiac Rhythm Center, Cochlear Implant Center, Conservative Treatment of Liver Diseases and TumorsCraniocerebral Injury – Rehabilitation, Endoprosthetic Center, Geriatric Psychiatry Center, etc.
- Many doctors of Vivantes are innovators in the highest category of medicine and are actively engaged in medical science, university education, clinical research, and active participation in the scientific associations.
- A cardiac catheterization laboratory was established in the Viventes Wenckebach clinic modern 3-D imaging techniques allowing not only to deliver a super-accurate diagnosis but also to improve treatment methods, such as the therapy of atrial fibrillation.
- The interculturally trained staff at the international office speak Russian, Arabic, Chinese, English, Ukrainian, and French.
Top Doctors At Vivantes Hospital Group
Prof. Dr. med. Martin K. Kuhlmann
Nephrologist , 31 years of experienceBook Appointment Contact Hospital
Prof. Dr. med. Petra Feyer
Radiation Oncologist , 41 years of experienceBook Appointment Contact Hospital
Dr. Reinhold A. Laun
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon , 40 years of experienceBook Appointment Contact Hospital
Prof. Dr. Ernst Spath-Schwalbe
Hematologist , 35 years of experienceBook Appointment Contact Hospital
Dr. Ralf-Marco Liehr
Medical Gastroenterologist , 36 years of experienceBook Appointment Contact Hospital
Prof. Dr. Hans Scherubl
Medical Gastroenterologist , 34 years of experienceBook Appointment Contact Hospital
- The Vivantes Hospital Group is Germany’s largest state-owned group of hospitals with a total capacity of some 5,600 beds and more than 15,000 employees, 1,500 of whom are doctors.
- Vivantes operates six specially equipped “Comfort Hospitals” in Berlin, each providing first-class medical care along with comfortable accommodation and facilities such as restaurants, lounges, wifi, and daily international newspapers, magazines, and TV.
- It runs an international department, Vivantes International Medicine, to coordinate the medical tourism for which Berlin is one of the popular destinations.
- The Group also includes lavish 15 senior citizens' homes, 1 outpatient rehabilitation center, and also 1 outpatient nursing home.
The Vivantes Hospital Group consists of 10 hospitals, which are located in different parts of Berlin. Some of the most popular amongst them are listed below:
- Vivantes Humboldt-Klinikum
Vivantes Humboldt-Klinikum is situated in the north of Berlin and has over eleven specialist departments, more than 600 beds, and a Comfort Ward with extensive gardens. Roughly 65,000 patients are treated by 250 doctors here every year.
It is at a distance of 7.4 km via Berlin, Berlin-Tegel Airport. The drive takes about 15 minutes. The closest subway station is U-Bhf Rathaus Reinickendorf and the bus stop is Humboldt-Klinikum.
- Vivantes Klinikum Am Urban
Vivantes Klinikum Am Urban is one of Berlin’s oldest hospitals and today offers first-class and state-of-the-art medicine. 56,000 patients are treated each year in the hospitals more than twelve specialist departments with almost 600 beds.
It is at a distance of 13.8 km via Berlin, Berlin-Tegel Airport. The drive takes about 36 minutes. The closest subway station is U Südstern and the bus stop is Klinikum Am Urban (Berlin).
- Vivantes Klinikum im Friedrichshain
Vivantes Klinikum im Friedrichshain is situated in the center of Berlin. With over 900 beds in 21 specialist departments, around 110,000 patients are treated here every year.
It is at a distance of 15 km via Berlin, Berlin-Tegel Airport. The drive takes about 40 minutes. The closest subway station is Strausberger Platz and the tram stop is Klinikum im Friedrichshain (Berlin).
- Vivantes Auguste-Viktoria-Klinikum
Vivantes Auguste-Viktoria-Klinikum is situated in Berlin’s south and offers more than 600 beds with more than 150 specialist departments and over 40 highly specialized centers of excellence in different disciplines.
It is at a distance of 14.4 km via Berlin, Berlin-Tegel Airport. The drive takes about 24 minutes. The closest subway station is Priesterweg.
- Taxis and shuttles are easily available from the airport to the hospitals.
- All the hospitals are close to numerous intriguing attractions filled with several restaurants and shopping centers.
Comfort During Stay
- TV in room
- Private rooms
- Free Wifi
- Phone in Room
- Mobility accessible rooms
- Family accommodation
- Safe in the room
- Nursery / Nanny services
- Dry cleaning
- Personal assistance / Concierge
- Religious facilities
- Spa and wellness
- Business centre services
- Dedicated smoking areas
- Beauty Salon
- Special offer for group stays
- Parking available
- Health insurance coordination
- Medical travel insurance
- Foreign currency exchange
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Diet on Request
- International Cuisine
- Medical records transfer
- Online doctor consultation
- Document legalisation
- Post operative followup
- Airport pickup
- Local tourism options
- Local transportation booking
- Visa / Travel office
- Car Hire
- Private driver / Limousine services
- Shopping trip organisation
- Air ambulance