- 3011 Beds
- Established in : 1710
- Multi Specialty
- The Charité University Hospital located in Berlin is one of Europe's most reputed and largest university hospitals affiliated with Humboldt University and Free University Berlin.
- Established in 1710, it is one of Germany's most research-intensive medical institutions, which was ranked by Focus as the best of over 1000 hospitals in Germany.
- In 2010, the clinic celebrated its 300th anniversary, and in 2019 and 2020, Newsweek ranked the Charité as the fifth-best hospital in the world and best in Europe.
- The hospitals has numerous Collaborative Research Centres (CRC) of the Deutsche Forschungsgmeinschaft.
- Charité treats more patients than any other university hospital in Germany with 692,920 outpatient cases and 152,693 inpatient cases in a year.
- From 2012 to 2020, more than half of all German Nobel Prize winners in Physiology or Medicine, including Emil von Behring, Robert Koch, and Paul Ehrlich have worked at the Charité.
- Several congressmen and diplomats have been treated at the Charité, including German Chancellor Angela Merkel, Yulia Tymoshenko from Ukraine, and, more recently, Russian opposition politician Alexei Navalny was treated here in August 2020.
Images related to Charite University Hospital
Select Medical Department of Your Interest
- CARDIOLOGY AND CARDIAC SURGERY (5)
- COSMETIC AND PLASTIC SURGERY (1)
- ENDOCRINOLOGY (1)
- ENT SURGERY (1)
- GASTROENTEROLOGY (3)
- GENERAL SURGERY (1)
- GYNECOLOGY (2)
- HEMATOLOGY (2)
- NEPHROLOGY (2)
- NEUROLOGY AND NEUROSURGERY (6)
- OBESITY OR BARIATRIC SURGERY (1)
- ONCOLOGY AND ONCOSURGERY (4)
- OPTHALMOLOGY (1)
- ORTHOPEDICS (3)
- PEDIATRIC CARDIOLOGY (1)
- PEDIATRICS AND PEDIATRIC SURGERY (6)
- PULMONOLOGY (1)
- RHEUMATOLOGY (1)
- SPINE SURGERY (2)
- TRANSPLANT SURGERY (1)
- UROLOGY TREATMENT (2)
- VASCULAR SURGERY (1)
Team and Specialities
- Charite is known in Germany for its world-renowned doctors, among which 11 are Nobel prize winners.
- Nearly 9,797 doctors and scientists work in Charite with 261 of them are professors, 4,293 nurses, and 725 administrative employees.
- The specialists of Charite have found a new therapeutic approach to the treatment of pneumonia and also developed an anesthetic method without side effects in the form of an effect on the brain or intestine.
- Charité specialists have treated over 3,000 patients with an eye tumor using proton therapy.
Top Doctors At Charite University Hospital
Prof. Dr. Angelika Eggert
Pediatric Oncologist , 27 years of experienceBook Appointment Contact Hospital
Prof. Dr. Antonia Joussen
Ophthalmologist , 18 years of experienceBook Appointment Contact Hospital
Prof. Dr. Carsten Perka
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon , 26 years of experienceBook Appointment Contact Hospital
Dr. med. Christian Witzel
Cosmetic Surgeon , 21 years of experienceBook Appointment Contact Hospital
Prof. Dr. Volker Budach
Radiation Oncologist , 30 years of experienceBook Appointment Contact Hospital
- Charité has four campuses across Berlin including Campus Benjamin Franklin, Campus Charité Mitte, Campus Virchow-Klinikum, and Campus Berlin Buch, which takes up to 540,000 square meters of land.
- The campuses concentrate mainly on super-specialized departments such as Neurology, Oncology, Cardiology, Rare Diseases & Genetics, Regenerative Therapies, Immunological Sciences, etc.
- The hospital has a bed strength of 3,011 beds.
Charité University Hospital
Charitéplatz 1, 10117 Berlin
- Charité University Hospital is located in the heart of Berlin with hotels, multiple restaurants, and cafes of Italian, Korean, oriental cuisine, etc available.
- The Hospital is at a distance of 8.7 km via from AirPort Berlin, Berlin-Tegel Airport (TXL, Saatwinkler Damm, 13405 Berlin, Germany). The drive takes about 20 minutes. Taxis or shuttles are easily available from the airport to the hospital.
- The closest train station is Berlin Hbf (TIEF) with public modes of transport available.
- ATMs and pharmacies are on the clinic's territory.
Comfort During Stay
- TV in room
- Private rooms
- Free Wifi
- Phone in Room
- Mobility accessible rooms
- Family accommodation
- Safe in the room
- Nursery / Nanny services
- Dry cleaning
- Personal assistance / Concierge
- Spa and wellness
- Dedicated smoking areas
- Special offer for group stays
- Parking available
- Health insurance coordination
- Medical travel insurance
- Foreign currency exchange
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Diet on Request
- International Cuisine
- Medical records transfer
- Online doctor consultation
- Document legalisation
- Post operative followup
- Translation services
- Airport pickup
- Local tourism options
- Local transportation booking
- Visa / Travel office
- Car Hire
- Private driver / Limousine services
- Shopping trip organisation
- Air ambulance