A coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) is a surgical procedure used to treat coronary heart disease. It diverts the flow of blood around narrowed or clogged parts of the major arteries to maintain oxygen supply to the heart. A coronary artery bypass graft involves taking a blood vessel from another part of the body – usually the chest, leg or arm – and attaching it to the coronary artery above or below the narrowed area or blockage.
Cost of CABG in Delhi
The cost of CABG in India is quite reasonable as compared to the prices in other developed nations. For instance, the prices for CABG in the US are as sky-rocketing as 30,000 USD. However, in India, it will cost you around 4500 USD to 6000 USD (325005 INR to 433341 INR).
Hospital Stay - Usually, one needs to stay in the hospital for approximately eight days (1-2 days in the ICU and 4-5 days under observation), and for a total of 20 days in India.
Factors affecting the cost of CABG
The exact cost is determined by a number of factors such as:
- The overall health of the patient
- Age of the patient
- Any associated medical illness
- The reputation of the hospital
- The expertise of the doctor
- Cost of investigations and medications
- Cost of living
- Number of days in the hospital
To know more about bypass surgery, click here.
Top cardiac surgery hospitals in Delhi
Fortis Escort Heart Institute
- Awarded as the best cardiology hospital in India by the Consumer Department.
- Treated more than 70,000 patients in the last 22 years.
- The hospital has done India’s first Trans-Catheter aortic-valve Implantation (TAVI) and Subcutaneous Defibrillator Implantation (S-ICD).
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital
- Counted amongst the top cardiology hospitals in India with an unbeatable record of 1,52,000 cardiac surgeries.
- About 95 % of the surgeries are beating heart surgeries, giving way to a fast recovery and least surgical trauma.
- The Apollo healthcare group is a pioneer in Coronary Artery Stenting and LASER angioplasty since 2002.
If you are looking for lesser expensive options and ready to compromise on leisure facilities of the hospital, you may go for the following hospitals:
BLK Super Speciality Hospital
- The cardiology team has an overall experience of 4000 total arterial graftings and over 400 minimally invasive cardiac surgeries.
- The doctors have done more than 20,000 interventional procedures such as congenital heart procedures.
- The hospital is accredited by both NABH and NABL.
Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket
- The hospital was founded in 2006 and is accredited by NABH, NABL, and JCI.
- It was the first to introduce CRT therapy in India in 2000.
- It is also known for providing alternatives to end-stage heart failure such as a pacemaker, heart hole surgeries, angiography etc.
Top cardiac surgeons in Delhi
Dr Ashok Seth
(Fortis Escort Heart Institute)
- Holds an experience of more than 32 years.
- Performed more than 50,000 angiograms and more than 20,000 angioplasties.
- He is the first cardiologist in Asia to perform angioscopy and directional atherectomy.
Dr Naresh Trehan
(Managing director and Chief cardiac surgeon at Medanta Hospital, Gurgaon)
- Experience - 40 years
- 48,000 heart surgeries
- Served as a personal surgeon to the President of India in 1991.
- Honoured by Padma Shri, Padma Bhushan, and Lal Bahadur Shastri National Award.
Dr Ajay Kaul
(Chairman at BLK Hospital, New Delhi)
- Experience - 38 years
- 10,000 cardiac surgeries and 4000 total arterial coronary bypass surgeries.
- Fellowship in Cardiac Surgery, heart transplant and Minimally Invasive Surgery from Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Germany.
- Specialized in pediatric cardiac surgery, valve repairs, heart transplant and ventricular assist devices.
Dr Murtaza Ahmed Chisti
(Director, Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon)
- Experience - 38 years
- Fellowship in Cardio-thoracic surgery at St. Mary’s hospital, USA.
- Specialization in heart and lung transplantation, Total Arterial Revascularization, revision coronary surgery, and surgery of Aorta.
Recommended: What are the risks associated with bypass surgery?
What makes Delhi a preferred place for heart bypass surgery?
- Economical cost
- Qualified doctors
- Online consistency
- Lesser waiting time
- Advanced infrastructure
- Standard guidelines for hygiene and sterility
- Low cost for travel, stay and other expenses
- Availability of medical visa
Airport connectivity in New Delhi
Delhi airport namely, Indira Gandhi International Airport is one of the largest international airports both for domestic and international civilian air traffic. It is the busiest airport in India and South Asia, situated 16 km away from the city centre. The railway station is located nearly 4.8 km from the airport. The IGI airport is also connected to 8 lanes Delhi-Gurgaon express highway. The airport handles nearly 37 million passengers annually. The airport was awarded for the “World’s Best Airport” at Airport Service Quality Awards 2017 in the highest category of airports handling more than 40 million passengers annually.
Special provisions for International Patients
The best neurosurgery hospitals in New Delhi have a special desk for international patients. The staff ensures a smooth experience of international patients in New Delhi. One can easily approach the international desk for any of the following cases:
- Extension of the medical visa
- Special dietary preferences
- Followup services after going back home.
- Hospital stay as per the preferences
- Assistance in applying for medical visa
- Language interpretation system for the patients such as French, Arabic etc.
There is Foreign Regional Registration Office is also located in Delhi for those who may need medical visa extension and or any other issue related to medical visa.