- South Africa(31)
- South Korea(29)
- United Arab Emirates(20)
- New Delhi(24)
- Debridement of wound, burn, or infection(116)
- Amputation - Toe(116)
- Pancreas Transplant(116)
- Tummy Tuck(116)
- Breast - Wide Excision and Axillary Sample(116)
- Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis (CAPD) (116)
- Bartholin Abscess excision and drainage(116)
- D2 Gastrectomy(116)
- Mastectomy - Male Subcutaneuos(116)
- Local Skin Flap, small(116)
- Cholecystectomy - Gall Bladder Removal(116)
- Advanced Robotics(116)
- Epididymal Cyst Removal(116)
- Adhesion Surgery(116)
- Inguinal Hernia Repair(116)
- Haemorrhoids Treatment(116)
- Craniofacial Reconstruction Surgery(116)
- Hydrocele Operation - Adult(116)
- Stapled Haemorrhoidectomy (Piles)(116)
- Pilonidal Sinus(116)
- HIV - Human Immunodeficiency Virus Treatment(116)
- Leg Injury(116)
- Cows Milk Protein Allergy(116)
- Femoral Embolectomy(116)
- maestro rechargeable system(116)
- Polyps and Polyposis Syndrome(116)
- Femoral-Popliteal Bypass(116)
- Appendicitis Treatment (116)
- Ambiguous Genitalia Surgery(116)
- Varicose Ulcer Treatment(116)
- Inguinal Hernia Repair(116)
- Inguinal Hernia Repair Surgery(116)
- Varicose Vein Removal(116)
- Pediatric Inguinal Hernia Repair(116)
- LASER Surgeries(116)
- Health Checkup(116)
- Closure of Fistulas(116)
- Hernia Repair - Epigastric(116)
- Abscess Drainage(116)
- General Heath Check- up for Men(116)
Best General Surgery Hospitals in India
Hospitals By City
Fortis Memorial Research Institute, GurgaonGurgaon , India Established in : 2001 Number of Beds : 300 Super Specialty, About Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon
- Brand Fortis was established in 1996 and now has over 55 facilities in line to offer health facilities within India and abroad.
- It is an NABH accredited multi-specialty tertiary care hospital.
- Fortis Memorial Research Institute (FMRI) had ranked second in a global study of the 30 most technologically advanced hospitals in the world conducted by ‘topmastersinhealthcare.com.
- The Institute is known to be the 'Mecca of Healthcare' for Asia Pacific region.
- Fields of expertise include Cardiac Sciences, Neurosciences, Emergency & Trauma, Bone & Joint, Renal Sciences, Gastro Sciences, Critical Care and Organ Transplants.
Shalby Hospital, AhmedabadAhmedabad , India Established in : 1994 Number of Beds : 1700 Multi Specialty, About Shalby Hospital, Ahmedabad
- Accredited by NABH, NABL, ISO 9001:2008, Shalby Hospital in Ahmedabad was established in 1994.
- Chairman and Managing Director of the multi specialty hospital, Dr. Vikram I. Shah, is known worldwide as the inventor of “O”Technique in Total Knee Replacement.
- Provided treatment to over 35,000 patients worldwide since 2007 for various ailments.
- Have provided at-home medical treatments to 2000 patients through Shalby Homecare facility.
- It is the first Hospital to offer Total Knee Replacement surgery in western region of India.
- Runs Out Patient Departments (OPDs), across India as well as abroad, like, in Kenya and Uganda.
- Shalby Hospital is also the winner of various prestigious awards like Rajiv Gandhi National Quality Award and FICCI Operational Excellence Award.
- It has also been awarded the CNBC Bajar Award for Excellence in Healthcare Services on 12th March, 2016.
- Provides Specialty Clinics for Stroke, Epilepsy, Acidity, Snore & Sinus, Glaucoma, Sleep Study, Diabetes, Liver, Kidney, Asthma, Fertility, Obesity, Hypertension and Radio Therapy.
- Specializes in Joint Replacement Surgery, Critical Care & Trauma, Spine Surgery, Neurology and Neuro Surgery, Ortho-Oncology Surgery, Cardiology & Minimal Invasive Cardiac Surgery, Sports Injury, Kidney Transplant and Liver Transplant Counselling.
Artemis Hospital, GurgaonGurgaon , India Established in : 2007 Number of Beds : 350 Super Specialty, About Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon
- Established in 2007, Artemis Hospital is a super-specialty hospital in Gurgaon, Delhi.
- It is also the first JCI and NABH-accredited hospital in Gurgaon.
- In 2011 it received the 'Asia Pacific Hand Hygiene Excellence Award' from WHO.
- The hospital provides high-quality medical facilities for different departments, including Cardiology, Neurology, Orthopedic & Joint Replacement, Urology, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Gastroenterology, Oncology, etc.
- It is designed as one of the most advanced hospitals in India, which provides a depth of expertise in the spectrum of advanced medical & surgical interventions, and a comprehensive mix of inpatient and outpatient services.
- In 2019, the hospital received Kayakalp Award for Excellence in promoting cleanliness, hygiene, and infection control from the Quality Council of India in association with the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India.
- Artemis has tied up with some of the leading travel companies in India to facilitate smooth travel and stay arrangements for its international patients.
- It has deployed highly advanced infrastructure and equipment in domains and departments such as prognostic, diagnostic and therapeutic imaging.
Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road, ChennaiChennai , India Established in : 1983 Number of Beds : Super Specialty, About Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road, Chennai
- Established in 1983, one of the best hospitals for heart care in India.
- First Indian hospital to introduce techniques in coronary angioplasty, stereotactic radiotherapy and radio-surgery (for brain tumours).
- Major specialties includes Heart, Cancer, Bones, Joints & Spine, Organ Transplants, Neurology, Gastro & Colorectal, Bariatric Surgery, Gynaecology & Infertility and Ophthalmology.
- First Indian hospital to be awarded the IS0 9001 and ISO 14001 certifications.
- First hospital in South India to be accredited by the Joint Commission International USA and subsequently reaccredited 4 times.
- Declared as the 'Centre of Excellence' by the Government of India.
- Voted several times as the "Best Private Sector Hospital in India" by The Week magazine.
- Bagged the top 2 positions in the All India Multispecialty Hospital Survey 2016 conducted by Times Health.
- NABH and JCI Accredited
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New DelhiNew Delhi , India Established in : 1996 Number of Beds : 1000 Multi Specialty, About Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Established in 1996, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital is NABL and JCI accredited.
- Apollo Group offers 10,000 beds across 64 hospitals, more than 2,200 pharmacies, over 100 primary care & diagnostic clinics and 115 telemedicine units across 9 countries.
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital has 52 specialties under one roof.
- Major specialities of the hospital include Anaesthesia, Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery, Cancer, Paediatrics, Critical Care, Emergency Care, Fetal Medicine, Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Interventional Radiology, IVF, Liver and Kidney Transplant, Nuclear Medicine, Nephrology, Neurosciences, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, Otolaryngology (ENT), Paediatrics, Pediatric Surgery, Psychiatry and Clinical Psychology, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Respiratory & Sleep Medicine, Rheumatology, Spine Surgery, Urology and Andrology and Vascular and Endovascular Surgery.
- First hospital in India to perform a Paediatric Liver Transplant in 1998.
- The hospital ranked first in Neurosciences, Renal Sciences, Oncology, Paediatrics, Gynaecology and Obstetrics & Emergency in The Times Of India Healthcare Survey 2016.
- It has also ranked the 6th Best Private Hospital in India for Cardiology by The WEEK in the Best Hospital Survey 2013 conducted by A C Nielsen.
- Awarded a Special Commendation for the Golden Peacock Environment Management Award by a jury chaired by Justice P. N. Bhagwati and Former Chief Justice of India for the hospital's environmental practices.
Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, MumbaiMumbai , India Established in : 2006 Number of Beds : 750 Multi Specialty, About Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai
- Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, one of the most modern and state-of-the-art multi-specialty tertiary care hospitals, was launched in 2008 by Reliance Group.
- The Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission International (JCI) and the National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers (NABH) , College of American Pathology (CAP) Accreditation, USA, National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL) Accreditation, India
- Kokilaben is the only hospital in Mumbai with Full Time Specialist System (FTSS) ensuring easy availability and access to dedicated specialists exclusively attached to Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital.
- Hospital uses Protocol and Care Pathway based treatment models to ensure the best outcomes for patients.
- Kokilaben Hospital offers state-of-the-art, non-invasive treatment for a wide range of cancers and other potentially debilitating conditions, without harming nearby healthy tissue and without involving the traditional surgical procedure.
- They are the first in India to have a 3-room Intra-operative MRI Suite (IMRIS), a diagnostic and imaging solution where the patient is never moved.
- Novalis TX at Kokilaben Hospital is among the world's first whole radiosurgery systems for indications in the brain, liver, pancreas, prostate and lung.
- Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital has set up 18 sophisticated cancer care centres.
- Over 6300 complex cancer surgeries have been performed with excellent outcomes.
- It is the only hospital India to perform the fastest 1000 Robotic Surgeries within 48 months of Launch.
- Kokilaben Hospital has been awarded the smartest hospital building in India by Honeywell and the Times of India for its use of power consumption control, use of natural resources, worker safety, personal protection, indoor environment quality and control energy-efficient appliances and fixtures, uninterrupted power supply, fire detection and notification, as well as surveillance and intrusion.
- In a all India survey undertaken by The Times of India, Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital has been ranked no. 1 in western India for Dermatology, Diabetology, Plastic/ Cosmetic Surgery and Trichology.
- Hospital is visited by renowned doctors like Dr Tanu Singhal, Dr Jawahar Mansukhani and Dr Chaitali Ghandhi etc.
Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket, New DelhiNew Delhi , India Established in : 1989 Number of Beds : 252 Super Specialty, About Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket, New Delhi
- Max Super Speciality Hospital in Saket was founded in 2006
- Awarded for its initiatives towards customer experience improvement & for patient safety at FICCI Healthcare Excellence Awards.
- Express Healthcare Awards for Excellence in Healthcare
- D L Shah National Award on 'Economics of Quality' by Quality Council of India
- Honored with the First Global Green OT Accreditation
- Specializes in Cardiac Surgery, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery, Cancer Care, Orthopedics, Pediatric, Mental Health and Behavioral Sciences, Endocrinology, ENT, Neurosciences, Eye Care, Internal Medicine, Minimal Access Surgery.
- Specialty Clinics are Women’s Heart Clinic, Headache Clinic, Movement Disorder Clinic, Multiple Sclerosis Clinic, Geriatric Neurology Clinic, Pacemaker Clinic, and Arrhythmia & Electrophysiology Clinic
- NABH & NABL accredited super specialty hospital.
BLK Super Speciality Hospital, New DelhiNew Delhi , India Established in : 1959 Number of Beds : 650 Super Specialty, About BLK Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi
- Eminent Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, Dr. B.L. Kapur had established the BLK Super Specialty Hospital in 1959. It was inaugerated by the then Prime Minister of India, Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru.
- The super specialty hospital is both NABH and NABL accredited.
- It has 17 modern well equipped modular operation theatres and houses 650 beds.
- BLK Super Specialty Hospital is the first of its kind in the NCR region to install and start the use of automatic pneumatic chute system that enhances the health care.
- It has one of the largest critical care programmes in the region with 125 beds in different intensive care units in Medical, Surgical, Cardiac, Paediatrics, Neonatology, Neurosciences and Organ Transplant departments.
Gleneagles Global Hospital, ChennaiChennai , India Established in : 1999 Number of Beds : 1000 Multi Specialty, About Gleneagles Global Hospital, Chennai
- Established in 1999, Gleneagles Global Hospitals is one of India’s most renowned multi-organ transplant centers, accredited by NABH, NABL, and NABB.
- The hospital offers 1000 bedded facility and is one of the top tertiary care multispeciality hospitals in the city.
- It is an international medical destination for thousands of patients in India, the Middle East, Africa, and SAARC nations.
- The center is a part of IHH Healthcare, one of the world’s largest healthcare providers and also ranked as India’s fourth largest healthcare chain.
- The center provides high-quality medical services in different areas such as Multi-Organ Transplants (kidneys, liver, heart, and lungs), Hepatic, Cardiac, Neuro, Gastro, Orthopaedic, Urology, etc.
- The doctor's team performs 18,000 surgeries, treating 30,000 out-patients and 50,000 in-patients yearly.
- It is the first hospital in South India to perform 5 organ transplant surgeries successfully in a day and is also the first hospital to perform a Split Liver Transplant in the state of Tamil Nadu, India.
- It also did London 1st Adult Swap Liver Transplant in India
- First Hospital to introduce the Two Wheeler Ambulance Service (GART- Global Accident Rescue Team).
- First Hospital in South Asia to perform the Nucleus Replacement in Spine.
- They performed India's first Single Lung Transplant and first Minimal Invasive Lung Transplant.
- For the first time in India, Global Health City successfully implants an Implantable Artificial Lung.
- Gleneagles Global Hospital is the only Indian Hospital to be associated with King's College Hospital, London, the United Kingdom for Liver transplantations.
- The first hospital to be recognized for Research and Development by the Government of India.
Apollo Gleneagles Hospital, KolkataKolkata , India Established in : 2003 Number of Beds : 700 Multi Specialty, About Apollo Gleneagles Hospital, Kolkata
- Apollo Gleneagles Hospitals, Kolkata was established in 2003 and is a perfect combination of technological excellence, infrastructure, competent care and warm hospitality.
- It is a joint venture of Apollo Group of Hospitals, India and Parkway Health of Singapore.
- Parkway Group is a leading healthcare group in Asia. It provides more than 70% of private healthcare in Singapore. Its subsidiaries include Parkway Group Healthcare, which owns a network of regional hospitals and medical centres in Malaysia, India and Brunei.
- Apollo Gleneagles hospitals was ranked the best multi-speciality hospital in Kolkata by the THE WEEK-A C Nielsen, Best Hospital Survey 2013.
- Apollo Gleneagles Cancer Hospital has also introduced Novalis TX with Brain LAB, the revolutionary technology in Radiation Therapy (RT). This technology has the advantage of maximizing tumour destruction while minimizing the damage to normal tissues.
- The other important facilities offered include IGRT THERAPY , IMRT THERAPY, Comprehensive Brachytherapy by image 4D-CRT ,Knifeless Surgery of Brain by Radiosurgery, all these for the first time in Eastern India.
- It is the only hospital in Eastern India to be accredited with the Joint Commission International (JCI) accreditation, the international benchmark for quality care.
- Apollo Gleneagles Hospitals, Kolkata has launched India's first Cellvizio System.
- It has conducted the first ever Reverse Shoulder Prosthesis Replacement in East India.
- It has performed the first successful critical neurosurgery on a child patient suffering from a critical cyst similar to a second head. The eight-month-old child was born with a rare and unheard condition of Encephalomeningocele. This surgery was the first of its kind in the entire country.
- Apollo Gleneaagles are the first in Eastern India to organise a live workshop on CARTO or Electrophysiology Mapping Technique.
- They are also recognised for being performing the first ever cadaver transplant in Eastern India.
Need help choosing the right hospital?
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team!
Need help choosing the right hospital?
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team!
Patients from 85+ countries have trusted Vaidam
NABH Certified Healthcare Discovery Platform
Vaidam is NABH certified healthcare discovery platform that will connect you to top-notch medical experts, hospitals, wellness options, and trusted travel partners to help identify and make the right healthcare choices.
Researched & Personalized Treatment Plan - Under One Roof
You can search for the best hospitals in India to treat cancer and ailments of the heart, bones or kidney, read about them, view photographs of the facilities at the hospitals and the places at which the hospitals are located, and check the cost of treatment.
Quality Treatment Within Your Budget
As soon as you post an enquiry, the patient relation team will collect details from you, share them with the doctors and hospitals on Vaidam's panel, and get a personalized treatment plan. We research to get quality treatment within your budget
Treatment to Travel
Vaidam concierge assists patients, to get medical Visa to travel to India, the best airline fares and arrangements for your stay. Our concierge also helps you with daily travel, language, and food concerns. Vaidam does everything to be your perfect host. All of Vaidam’s services are free of cost to patients.
If you are looking for medical care in India (New Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad or Ahmedabad) or in Turkey (Istanbul,Ankara or Antalya), Vaidam Health has a network in each of those cities.
Vaidam Health gets the prestigious NABH accreditation
Vaidam Health Coverage by Medical Travel Today - The Authoritative Newsletter for Medical Tourism
Vaidam Health gets covered by 'Your Story', India's Leading Online Magazine
Know how it works in less than 90 secs
Savoir comment cela fonctionne en moins de 90 secondes
Sepa cómo funciona en menos de 90 segundos
اعرف كيف يعمل في أقل من 90 ثانية
Узнайте, как это работает менее чем за 90 секунд
View More Updates
Note: Vaidam Health does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. The services and information offered on www.vaidam.com are intended solely for informational purposes and cannot replace the professional consultation or treatment by a physician. Vaidam Health discourages copying, cloning of its webpages and its content and it will follow the legal procedures to protect its intellectual property