Dr. Okhan Kuzhan
Medical OncologistConsultant , Graduation, Post Graduation, Post Graduation, 27 years of experience
Istanbul , Turkey
Wondering where to start?
(Get Free opinion, Quote, Medical Visa Invitation and Assistance at every step of your treatment.)
Work Experience of Dr. Okhan Kuzhan
Consultant, Acibadem Hospitals Group
Consultant, GATA Department of Medical Oncology
Consultant, TC Naval Command, Battery Plant
Frequently Asked Questions About Dr. Okhan Kuzhan
Dr. Okhan Kuzhan practices at Yeditepe University Healthcare Institutions, Istanbul
Dr. Okhan Kuzhan specialty is Medical Oncologist
Dr. Okhan Kuzhan is Medical Oncologist with 27 years of experience.
Dr. Okhan Kuzhan is Graduation, Post Graduation, Post Graduation.
BLOGS THAT MAY INTEREST YOU
- Oral Cancer Treatment in India
- Is PET/ CT Scan Important for Cancer Investigations?
- A Patient’s Guide To CyberKnife – The Cutting Edge Technology in Precision Surgery
- Key Differences Between Gamma Knife and CyberKnife Treatment – Procedure, Side-effects, Costs and more
- The Advantages of Genetic Testing in Early Detection and Effective Treatment of Cancer
- How Much Does Cyberknife Treatment Cost?
- What are the early warning signs of Colon Cancer?
- Understanding Cancer: Diagnosis and Treatment
- MRI Scan Cost
- Cancer Treatment in Turkey | Cancer Treatment Cost in Turkey
More About Medical Oncologist
A medical oncologist treats cancer using chemotherapy or other medications such as targeted therapy or immunotherapy.
There may be Change in bowel or bladder habit, sore that does not heal, Unusual bleeding or discharge, Thickening or lump in the breast or elsewhere, Indigestion or difficulty in swallowing, Obvious change in a wart or mole and hoarseness in voice.
Tests like Biopsy, Bone Marrow Aspiration and Biopsy, Bone Scan, Breast MRI, Colonoscopy, Computed Tomography (CT) Scan, Digital Rectal Exam (DRE) etc are performed.
Chemotherapy session varies in length and frequency, it depends on the individual treatment plan prescribed by the doctor. Some last as long as three or four hours, while others may only take an half-hour.
A medical oncologist treats cancer using chemotherapy or other medications, such as targeted therapy or immunotherapy wheras the surgical oncologist removes the tumor and nearby tissue during surgery.