About Dr. Giriraj Bora
- Dr. Giriraj Bora is a well-established Gastroenterologist, Gastrointestinal Surgeon and General Surgeon with an experience of 16 years.
- Dr. Bora’s areas of interest is in liver transplantation and liver resections for Hepatocellular cancers, combined liver kidney transplantation as well as in Pancreatic Surgery (Whipple’s pancreaticoduodenal resections and surgery for chronic pancreatitis).
- He was felicitated by the Chief Minister of Rajasthan for performing the First liver transplant in the state. He has also been awarded Young Investigator Award of the International Liver Transplant Society in 2013 at Sydney; and the Travel Award of the International Liver Transplant Society in 2012 at San Francisco, USA.
- He is accredited with both the first living donor and first deceased donor liver transplants in Rajasthan.
- He has successfully completed over 1500 liver transplants.
- He also holds vast experience in performing advanced Gastrointestinal operations.
- Dr. Bora’s focus on his research activity has been the hemodynamic changes during liver transplant and changes during IVC cross-clamping in LDLT
- Dr. Bora is one of the distinguished member of Delhi Medical Council.
- Dr. Bora has to his credit numerous publications in the field of Liver Transplantation/GI Surgery and numerous presentations at national and international conferences including at the prestigious ILTS (International Liver Transplant Society) conferences in San Francisco in 2012 and at Sydney in 2013.
- Dr. Bora completed M.Ch in Surgical Gastroenterology/G.I. Surgery from Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi University in 2009; MS in General Surgery from JLN Medical college in 2003; and MBBS from JLN Medical college in 2000.
GI Surgery Procedure, Liver Disease Treatment, HPB Surgery Procedure, Liver Transplant Specialist, Safe donor surgery in Liver Transplantation, Liver Transplant for liver cancers, Portal Vein Reconstruction in Whipple’s operation for Pancreatic Cancers, Ultra-Low Anterior Resection ( LAR ) for Rectal Cancers, Liver resection for Cholangiocarcinoma, Shunt Surgery for Portal Hypertension, Advanced laparoscopic operations in gastrointestinal surgery, ABO incompatible liver transplants
List Of Treatments
- Bowel Obstruction Treatment
- Crohn's Disease Treatment
- Transesophageal Echocardiography - TEE
- Anti Reflux Procedures
- Liver Cirrhosis Treatment
Wondering where to start?
(Get Free opinion, Quote, Medical Visa Invitation and Assistance at every step of your treatment.)
Work Experience of Dr. Giriraj Bora
Chief, Mahatma Gandhi Hospital
Consultant, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
Consultant, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, Delhi
Senior Resident, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow
Senior Resident, G B Pant Hospital, Delhi
Dr. Giriraj Bora's
- MCh, 2009, Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi University
- MS, 2003, JLN Medical College
- MBBS, 2000, JLN Medical College
1. Felicitated by the Chief Minister of Rajasthan for performing the 1st liver transplant in the state 2. Young Investigator Award of the International Liver Transplant Society at Sydneyin 2013 3. Travel Award of the International Liver Transplant Society at San Francisco, USAin 2012