Total Hip Replacement Thr Cost In GermanyChat
What is Total Hip Replacement Thr?
Total Hip Replacement is also called Total Hip Arthroplasty in which the damaged bone and cartilage are removed and replaced with prosthetic components.
How is the Procedure Performed?
The procedure involves the removal of the degenerated femoral head and socket and replaces them with artificial components.
Who is the Right Doctor for Total Hip Replacement Thr?
The right doctor to consult for Total Hip Replacement is an Orthopaedic, a Joint Replacement Surgeon, and a Physiotherapist.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The success rate is usually very high and depends on various factors, i.e., age, weight, co-morbidities, etc.
Possible risks of THR may include Bleeding, Infection, Blood clots in the legs or lungs, Loosening or wearing out of the prosthesis, Fracture, Continued pain or Stiffness.
The cost of Hip Replacement includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost (such as blood tests or X-rays)
Surgery cost (varies depending on the type of implant)
Types of Implant (Ceramic, Metal-on-Metal, Cemented Hybrid, Cementless)
Post-Operative cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
Physiotherapy (a few sessions may be required for full recovery)
Medicine cost (Painkillers and antibiotics are given to relieve pain and prevent infection)
Patient's hospital stay
Note: Complete recovery from Hip Replacement Surgery can be expected within 30 - 45 days.
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
The severity of the disease
Post-surgical complication, if it happens (such as infection, blood clot formation, etc.)
Cost of Blood products (if required)
Age of the patient
An extended stay at the Hospital
Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Cost related to Total Hip Replacement Thr in Germany
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Total Hip Replacement||USD 25200 to USD 30800|
|Bilateral Hip Replacement Surgery||USD 27900 to USD 34100|
|Revision Hip Replacement||USD 18900 to USD 23100|
|Hip Reconstruction Surgery||USD 18900 to USD 23100|
Total Hip Replacement Thr in Germany
Popular Cities in Germany for Total Hip Replacement Thr are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Total Hip Replacement Thr in GermanyFilter
Showing 32 Hospitals and doctors for Total Hip Replacement Thr in Germany
Meoclinic Hospital, Berlin
- Founded in 2000, Meoclinic Hospital is a multidisciplinary medical center and is part of MEOGROUP.
- The hospital is certified by the ISO 9001:2008 quality standard and meets the highest medical requirements of the European Union.
- Located in the center of Berlin, the hospital offers the highest level of medical services.
- The team of specialists provides high-quality assistance to every patient.
- Patients choose this hospital for neurology, plastic surgery, endocrinology, pediatric neurosurgery, obstetrics and gynecology.
- It has 5 narrow-focused centers – cardiology, radiology, phlebology, surgery and rehabilitation.
- The center has the latest equipment, including the newest devices of CT and MRI scan, Doppler ultrasonography, EEG and devices for conducting duplex 3D and 4D sonography.
- Spanned in an area of 4,500 square meters, it has 45 beds, including 6 intensive care beds, 3 inpatient and 1 outpatient operating theatres.
Helios Specialist Clinic Vogelsang, Gommern
- Founded in 1899, Helios Specialist Clinic Vogelsang was started as the sanatorium for women with tuberculosis.
- In 1969, the clinic was transformed into a hospital specializing in thoracic surgery, urology and rheumatology.
- The hospital serves diet and nutritional balanced meals to its patients.
- The staff here speaks German, English and Russian.
- For other foreign languages, they have translator service.
- The medical team treats more than 5,500 in-patients and 8,000 outpatients every year.
- Spanned in lush green area, it has more than 160 beds.
- There is a swimming pool / exercise pool in hospital premises.
- The hospital has bagged many awards due to the quality services.
- The specialists associated with the center are well-known among foreign patients.
- Carl Gustav Carus University Hospital, Dresden was established in the year 1815 and is one of the oldest and most reputed hospitals in Germany.
- The hospital is famous for its high standards of medical services and is recognised by many certificates received from international quality centers including ISO 19001 and DKG certificates.
- The University Hospital was a part of the “Best quality of medical service and patient care in Germany” list, published by Focus Health magazine and in 2020, 15 departments received the “Top National Hospital” award as well
- Since 2019, the doctors of the neurosurgery department use MRI-3 Tesla to monitor the patient’s state during the surgery, which makes the department one of the most technologically advanced in the country.
- The hospital’s activity is closely overseen by a Supervisory Council, which ensure the hospital upholds its quality and effective management.
- In 2007, the Dresden University Hospital Cancer Center received the “Best oncology center” from the German Cancer Aid Society (DKH).
- Since 2012. the Carl Gustav Carus Orthopaedics and Traumatology Center has been leading the Focus magazine “Best medical facilities in Germany” rating.
- The hospital includes general and special ophthalmological departments with 41 inpatient wards out of which 8 of them are for child patients.
Doctors for Total Hip Replacement Thr in Germany
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement SurgeonDirector, 26 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Carsten Perka is a renowned Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon with 26+ years in the field.
- He is the President of the German Society for Orthopaedics and Orthopaedic Surgery (DGOOC), German Society for Endoprosthetics (AE), and Deputy President of the German Society for Orthopaedics and Trauma (DGOU).
- He is also a member of the Steering Board of AORecon, German Trauma Society (DGU), and American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS).
- He pursued his medical education at Charité – Humboldt University Berlin in 1991 and later completed his doctorate and habilitation at Charité – University Medicine Berlin under the supervision of Prof. H. Zippel.
- In addition, he is also a professor in arthroplasty and regenerative medicine since 2006 and professor of orthopedics since 2010.
- As an editorial board member and reviewer for multiple prestigious medical journals, Professor Perka holds leadership positions in many national and international professional organizations.
- He has been named repeatedly by Focus magazine as one of the best orthopedic surgeons in Germany.
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement SurgeonDirector, 32 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Norbert Sudkamp is an Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon with 32+ years of experience.
- He has professional membership of the German Society for Trauma Surgery, German Society for Surgery, Working Group for Arthroscopy (AGA), German Society for Sports Medicine, European Society for Surgery of the Shoulder and the Elbow (SECEC), and German Society for Shoulder and Elbow Surgery.
- He is also a corresponding member of the Orthopedic Trauma Association of North America, International Member Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA), & American Association of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS), Chairman Shoulder Expert Group of the AO/ASIF, and Chairman Research Board of the AO.
- He first studied electrical engineering at the Technical University of Hannover in 1969 and later studied Medicine in 1975 at the Hannover Medical School.
- In 1998, he also did a Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Trauma Surgery from Hannover Medical School.
- He has expertise in Fracture, Hip Surgery, Trauma Surgery, Bone, Biomechanics, Knee Surgery, Knee Injuries, Tissue Engineering, Biomaterials, etc.
- He has presented multiple paper presentations at State and National conferences and written well-researched articles for many journals.
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement SurgeonSenior Consultant, 20 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Bernd Rolauffs is an Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon with 20+ years of experience.
- He has is a long-term member of multiple international and German societies including the Orthopaedic Research Society (ORS), International CartilageRepair Society (ICRS), and German Association of Trauma Surgery(DGU).
- During his early stage of residency, he pursued a two-year post-doctoral research fellowship in the Department of Biochemistry, followed by a second, three-year post-doctoral fellowship for Biomedical Engineering at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in Boston.
- He additionally received a six-month clinical scholarship in the Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Brigham and Women's Hospital, at Harvard Medical School.
- In 2009, he founded and headed the Laboratory for Molecular Biomechanicsat the University of Tübingen, Germany, and in 2012, he was appointed deputy director of the newly founded Siegfried Weller Institute for Trauma Research at the BGU.
- His expertise lies in areas such as Sports Injuries, Tissue Engineering, Biomechanical Engineering, Biomaterials Fracture, Biomechanics, Knee Surgery, Knee Injuries, etc.
- He has written various well-researched articles for many national and international journals.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Hip Surgery
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals