- A twleve-old-girl was suffering for three years from tuberculosis in the hip.
- Her condition was so bad that she couldn't even sit, walk or do her regular work.
- The tuberculosis was confirmed after an MRI scan at Narayana Multispecialty Hospital in Bengaluru.
- Doctors at the hospital decided to perform a hip replacement surgery.
- According to Dr. Varadaraj, hip replacement surgery is uncommon amongst children but juvenile ankylosis hip due to TB demands such a treatment.
- The surgery was completed in 90 minutes and was successful.
Source: City Today