Tlif Surgery Cost In ThailandChat
What is Tlif Surgery?
Transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion (TLIF) is a procedure that fuses the anterior and posterior columns of the spine through a posterior approach.
How is the Procedure Performed?
The Transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion (TLIF) procedure involves an operation performed on the lower back to remove an intervertebral disc, followed by combing two or more spinal bones (vertebrae) together using screws and a cage.
Who is the Right Doctor for Tlif Surgery?
The right doctor to consult for Transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion is an Orthopedic and Spine Surgeon.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The success rate of Transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion varies between 80-84%.
Possible risks after TLIF, may include Infection, Excessive bleeding, Nerve damage, Blood clots, The bones may not fuse together well or new pain at the site of surgery.
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Tlif Surgery in ThailandFilter
Showing 31 Hospitals and doctors for Tlif Surgery in Thailand
- Established in 1972, the Bangkok Hospital is one of the first private hospitals in Thailand; it has now established its reputation as a tertiary care hospital dedicated especially to Cancer and Cardiology.
- It has Centres & Clinics committed to comprehensive treatment in different medical and surgical departments such as Cardiology, Cancer, Orthopaedics & Spine Surgery, Neurology & Neuroscience, Fertility, Paediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Dentistry, Geriatric, Gastroenterology, Liver, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, and ENT.
- It offers several Health Packages on Fertility, Plastic Surgery, Lasik Eye Surgery, Hip & Knee Surgery, Obesity, Vascular Surgery, Laparoscopic Surgery and many more.
- It is equipped with the latest cutting-edge technologies some of which are - the 256-Slice Multi-Detector CT Scan, Cardiovascular MRI, the first Cartosound in Thailand, LINAC, the ARTIS Pheno machine, PET/CT Scan, and a New X-RAY Biplane Imaging (EOS).
- Having the ultimate "Hybrid Operating Room Full Function", enables the hospital to improve accuracy making it a leader in heart surgery.
- The Hospital has been awarded various accreditations by the Joint Commission International (JCI) in Programmes such as Traumatic Brain Injury, Total Knee Replacement, Acute Coronary Syndrome, Primary Stroke, Low Back Pain, Diabetes Type 2, Breast Cancer Conserving, and Heart Failure.
- It has also received the Hospital Accreditation of Thailand, Asian Hospital Management Award, Global Health Asia-Pacific Awards, and a Dual Medical Transport Accreditation i.e CAMTS USA and CAMTS GLOBAL.
- It provides International Medical Services for foreign patients by assisting them in language translations, special diets, accommodation, liaising with embassies or organisations, and free medical consultations via internet.
Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital, Bangkok
- Established in 1979, Samitivej Hospital is one of the leading private hospital groups in Thailand and SEA and is accredited by JCI.
- It is the first Hospital outside Japan to be accredited with the Japan Council for Quality Health Care (JCQHC) award.
- Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital is part of the seven private hospitals owned by the Bangkok Dusit Medical Services (BDMS), a leading and trusted private healthcare service provider in Thailand and ASEAN countries.
- It is a 275-bed tertiary care hospital with more than 40 Speciality Centres, namely, the Liver & Digestive Institute, Women's Health Centre including Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Bone, Joint, and Spine Centre, Surgery Clinic, Heart Institute, Bone Marrow & Stem Cell Transplantation Centre, Breast Centre, Fertility Centre, Hair Restoration Medical centre, Knee Health Centre, Neurology Centre, Oncology Centre to mention a few.
- Moreover, there is a Children's Hospital that is dedicated to comprehensive Paediatric care covering Newborns, GI, Oncology, Orthopaedics, Oncology, and others. It is the first private children's hospital in Thailand.
- In 1998, it was certified by UNICEF, WHO, the Department of Health, and the Ministry of Public Health, as a mother and baby-friendly hospital.
- It is one of the favourite medical destinations for both the nationals and expats, along with tourists from around the world providing international quality services and facilities. It was awarded the Top 5 World's Best Hospital for Medical Tourism for 2018 by the Medical Travel Quality Alliance.
- It has been a recipient of many awards, namely, Hospital of the Year by the Thailand Healthcare Asia Awards 2020, The Model Private Hospital Award 2020 for being the top private hospital for academic activity in Thailand, and Best Corporate Hospital Award 2019.
- It was also awarded Thailand's Prime Minister Award for the Most Recognized Service in 2004.
- The hospital is equipped with cutting-edge technologies to diagnose and treat patients with accuracy through a Magnetic Resonance Imaging machine (MRI), 640-slice CT scanner with less radiation, Mammogram, Bone Mineral Density (BMD) analysis, Lower abdominal Ultrasound for Men (Testicle Ultrasound), Cranial Ultrasound for infant, Intravenous Pyelography (IVP) and many more.
- It has a team that assists international patients from finding the right doctor to aftercare at home.
Vejthani Hospital Bangkok, Thailand
- Vejthani Hospital, established in 1994, is one of the leading private international hospitals in Thailand that provides JCI-accredited quaternary health care services.
- Cutting-edge medical technologies, internationally trained specialists, world-class health care standards, and authentic Thai hospitality are their key competencies.
- The hospital serves over 300,000 patients from over 100 countries annually with over 200 inpatient beds.
- Providing a team of knowledgeable translators ensures they are able to communicate effectively in over 20 languages, aptly resolving issues regarding barriers to communication in healthcare.
- Over 300 specialists across multiple specialties at Vejthani Hospital provide a comprehensive range of quaternary medical services, including bone marrow transplant, total joint replacement surgery, kidney transplant, plastic surgery, dental, skin & laser treatment, spine surgery, and gastrointestinal disorder treatment.
- Vejthani Hospital has received one of the highest numbers of Clinical Care Program Certifications (CCPCs) from Joint Commission International (JCI) in the United States, which accredits top-tier hospitals that achieve the highest facilitation for patient safety.
- Vejthani Hospital’s clinical care programs for Diabetes Type II, Hepatitis B, Knee Replacement, and Lumbar Decompression and Fixation have received JCI CCPC.
- As two of the certified fields are subcategories of orthopedics, makes it is popular for patients to claim that the hospital patients gave the hospital the title ‘The King of Bones.
- Vejthani Hospital is the first hospital in the world to receive Hepatitis B CCPC and is the first in Southeast Asia to receive Lumbar Decompression and Fixation CCPC.
Doctors for Tlif Surgery in Thailand
Spine SurgeonConsultant, 43 years of experience
- Dr. Vera Sathira-Angkura is a senior and an internatioanally-qualified Spine Surgeon with +43 years of experience in the field.
- After completing a spinal surgery training in 1977 from the Queen's Medical Center, Nottingham, England, he did his MD in 1978 from Chiang Mai University, he underwent training for scoliosis at the Loyola University Hospital, Chicago, USA and then completed a diploma from the Federation Internationale de Medicine Sportive in the same year. In 1984, he completed a diploma from the Thai Board of Orthopedic Surgery.
- Dr. Vera Sathira-Angkura is an expert at performing spine surgeries such as, discectomy, foraminotomy, nucleoplasty, spinal fusion, artificial disk replacement, spinal fusion, kyphoplasty, vertebroplasty and spinal laminectomy. He also treats conditions of the spine such as, scoliosis, degenerative disc disease, herniated disc, spinal stenosis, back pain, ankylosing spondylitis, spinal deformiites/fractures/tumours/cancer.
- He has co-authored few research papers on various aspects of surgically and clinically treating the spine.
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Areesak Chotivichit
Spine SurgeonAssociate Professor, 39 years of experience
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Areesak Chotivichit is a reputed Orthopaedic & Joint Replacement Surgeon.
- He has 39 years of vast experience in his field.
- His areas of specialization are total joint replacement and spine surgery.
- He did MD from Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Thailand, in 1982, Fellowship in Total Joint Replacement from University of California, Los Angeles, USA, in 1987.
- He became Diplomate of The American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery in 1994 and also gained Fellowship in Spinal Reconstructive Surgery from Johns Hopkins Hospital School of Medicine, Baltimore, USA, in 1997.
Gp. Capt. Dr. Tayard Buranakarl
Spine SurgeonSenior Consultant, 32 years of experience
- Gp. Capt. Dr. Tayard Buranakarl is a skilled and experienced Spine Surgeon with over 32 years of industry experience.
- Multilevel cervical treatments, scoliosis surgery, and reconstructive lumbar operations using the most cutting-edge Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) techniques are among his areas of expertise.
- He is the Director of the Bangkok Spine Academy and Vice-President of the Thai Spine Society.
- Gp. Capt. Dr. Tayard Buranakarl has completed MD (1989) from Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Thailand.
- He is trained in Orthopedics (1995) from the Bhumibol Adulyadej Hospital, Thailand.
- He is also trained in Spine Surgery (2000) from Siriraj Hospital, Thailand.
- He has a Fellowship (2017) in Spine Surgery from the Bangkok Hospital Medical Center, Thailand.
- He has a fellowship in Spine Surgery (2000) from UCLA School of Medicine, the University of California, USA.
- Dr. Tayard is the ASEAN group's reference surgeon for Medtronic (the world's largest global spine technology company), as well as assisting with Medtronic surgeon training throughout the Asia-Pacific area.
- Gp. Capt. Dr. Tayard Buranakarl is well-versed in English and Thai.
Before Tlif Surgery - Most Frequently Asked Questions
TLIF is known as transformational lumbar interbody fusion, this surgery is done on the lower back area to remove intervertebral disc and for joining two or more spinal bone together using screws and cage.
Yes, it is a major surgery it requires hospital stay for one to three days and after that physical therapies are given for your recovery.
The success rate of the patient is being improved upto 60 to 70 percent after spinal fusion surgery and nearly 80 percent of patients are satisfied with the result.
TLIF surgery is mainly advised to those patients who may some conditions such as disc prolapse which causes pressure on the roots of the nerve when one or more condition exist.
Proper history taking and neurological examination are the essential part of the surgery. The history obtained from the patient is an essential part of the surgery. In examination CT scan, MRI scan, standing X ray are taken.
TLIF is the best treatment those patients who are suffering from spinal stenosis, lumbar caanal stenosis, black disc or nerve compression along with some pain on the lower back region.
Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion is being done for treating numerous spinal disorders such as degenerative disc disease, herniated disc, spindylolisthesis and the conditions are also used in treatment of spinal cord or nerve root compression, spinal instability and weakness.
During the Tlif Surgery - Most Frequently Asked Questions
TLIF surgery lasts for nearly three to six hours depending on the number of spinal levels involved in the surgery.
This surgery is mainly done under general anesthesia, with patient lying down on the surgical table.
TLIF surgery is done by making a posterior incision which exposes the back of the spine. Pedical screws are placed into the vertebra and the disc space is exposed on one side by removing the facet joint and by protecting the nerve root once it enters to disc space the disc material are removed.
TLIF surgery will take around three hours to be done under general anesthesia.
TLIF surgery is being done by an orthopedics.
After Tlif Surgery - Most Frequently Asked Questions
You can walk and move around the same day after surgery and there are chances that you will be discharged after one to four days of surgery. You will able to completely move your body after four to six weeks of surgery.
You should avoid doing strenuous activity such as bicycle riding, Jogging, weight lifting for two to four weeks after surgery. You should avoid riding in car for about more than thirty minutes for two to four weeks after surgery.
Immediate after the surgery you will have some pain near the area where surgery was done. You will be provided with pain medications to make sure that you are comfortable. The leg pain which you are having before the surgery will be immediately improved.
Non dissolvable stitches are removed after five to ten days of surgery. Stiches will be covered by simple dressing or bandages.
You may need medical attention if you see that fluid is leaking or there is redness seen at the site of wound or your dressing is soaked with blood and you are having high temperature or your pain is increasing and you are not able to move your legs.
Patients are required to stay in hospital for three to five days after the surgery.
Yes, patients are needed medications for five days after surgery.
In some cases, the surgeon may recommend using a spinal brace to help support the back while it heals.
You have to limit your physical activities for few weeks after surgery and patients are told to encourage their activity level which they can easily do.
The fusion portion of TLIF will prevent the movement of spine at joint, you may feel stiffness at the level of TLIF. When the two vertebrae will fuse they will produce small amount of stiffness and if the fusion is long longer sect.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals