- 275 Beds
- Established in : 1979
- Multi Specialty
- Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital is part of the 7 private hospitals owned by the Bangkok Dusit Medical Services (BDMS), a leading and trusted private healthcare service provider in Thailand and ASEAN countries.
- Being a tertiary care hospital, it has more than 40 Speciality Centres namely, the Liver & Digestive Institute, Women's Health Centre including Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Bone, Joint, and Spine Centre, Surgery Clinic, Heart Institute, Bone Marrow & Stem Cell Transplantation Centre, Breast Centre, Fertility Centre, Hair Restoration Medical centre, Knee Health Centre, Neurology Centre, Oncology Centre to mention a few.
- Moreover, there is a Children's Hospital that is dedicated to comprehensive Paediatric care covering Newborns, GI, Oncology, Orthopaedics, Oncology and others.
- It is one of the favourite medical destinations for both the nationals and expats along with tourists from around the world providing international quality services and facilities. In fact, it was awarded the Top 5 World’s Best Hospital for Medical Tourism for 2018 by the Medical Travel Quality Alliance.
- It is a JCI accredited hospital and has been a recipient of many awards namely, Hospital of the Year by the Thailand Healthcare Asia Awards 2020, The Model Private Hospital Award 2020 for being the top private hospital for academic activity in Thailand, and Best Corporate Hospital Award 2019.
- It was also awarded Thailand's Prime Minister Award for the Most Recognized Service in 2004.
- It is the first Hospital outside Japan to be accredited with the Japan Council for Quality Health Care (JCQHC) award.
- The Hospital's commitment to excellence has been recognised by the World Health Organization (WHO) and United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF).
- The Hospital is equipped with cutting edge technologies to diagnose and treat patients with accuracy through a Magnetic Resonance Imaging machine (MRI), 640-slice CT scanner with less radiation, Mammogram, Bone Mineral Density (BMD) analysis, Lower abdominal Ultrasound for Men (Testicle Ultrasound), Cranial Ultrasound for infant, Intravenous Pyelography (IVP) and many more.
- It has a team that assist international patients from finding the right doctor to aftercare at home.
- It provides language interpretation for Japanese, Burmese, Korean, English, Chinese, Arabic, Indonesian. Other language interpretations can be provided at the additional expense of the patients.
133 Sukhumvit 49, Klongtan Nua, Vadhana,
Team and Specialities
- The Hospital has more than 400 care specialists and highly trained and qualified nurses and paramedics.
- It offers customization services for shoes and equipment to support healing bones or joints.
- The Hospital is reputed for its Precision Medicine in Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Oncology, and Holistic Care and Prevention.
- It also utilises the Narrow-Band Imaging (NBI), an advanced colonoscopy and gastroscopy technique to identify polyps two times earlier before becoming cancerous.
- Samitivej Children’s Hospital collaborates with the Doernbecher Children’s Hospital of the Oregon Health and Science University (OHSU) in the US to enhance treatment and preventive care from newborn to adulthood.
- It has a Japanese Medical Centre that offers a one-stop service for Japanese nationals.
Top Doctors At Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital, Bangkok
Dr. Nisarat Kasatri
Gynaecologist and Obstetrician , 50 years of experienceBook Appointment SEND ENQUIRY
Dr. Jalat Tuchinda
Gynaecologist and Obstetrician , 47 years of experienceBook Appointment SEND ENQUIRY
Dr. Nithiwat Gijsriurai
Gynaecologist and Obstetrician , 39 years of experienceBook Appointment SEND ENQUIRY
- The Hospital has a capacity of 275 beds with a wide selection of rooms to suit every budget.
- It has a food court, restaurants, cafes, book stores, convenience stores, shops for babies and children, a hair studio, several Banks and ATMs.
- It has a 24/7 Pharmacy.
- It has an emergency air ambulance service allowing patient transfers from more than 30 domestic airports and regional ones.
- The Hospital is located at the heart of the city of Bangkok.
- It takes about 25 minutes from the Suvarnabhumi International Airport and 30 minutes from the Don Mueang International Airport.
- There are many 2 to 5-star hotels and apartments nearby the hospital. The lowest rate starts from USD 17.
- To commute, Sukhumvit 34 is the nearest bus station that is 6 minutes away. Khlong Tan is the nearest train station that is 7 minutes away. Tuktuk services are plenty and so are taxis.
- Many restaurants offering palatable cuisines can be found within 10 minutes; cafes are also aplenty.
Comfort During Stay
- TV in room
- Private rooms
- Free Wifi
- Phone in Room
- Mobility accessible rooms
- Family accommodation
- Safe in the room
- Nursery / Nanny services
- Dry cleaning
- Personal assistance / Concierge
- Religious facilities
- Spa and wellness
- Business centre services
- Dedicated smoking areas
- Beauty Salon
- Special offer for group stays
- Parking available
- Diet on Request
- International Cuisine
- Medical records transfer
- Online doctor consultation
- Document legalisation
- Post operative followup
- Translation services
- Airport pickup
- Local tourism options
- Local transportation booking
- Visa / Travel office
- Car Hire
- Private driver / Limousine services
- Shopping trip organisation
- Air ambulance