- 275 Beds
- Established in : 1979
- Multi Specialty
- Established in 1979, Samitivej Hospital is one of the leading private hospital groups in Thailand and SEA and is accredited by JCI.
- It is the first Hospital outside Japan to be accredited with the Japan Council for Quality Health Care (JCQHC) award.
- Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital is part of the seven private hospitals owned by the Bangkok Dusit Medical Services (BDMS), a leading and trusted private healthcare service provider in Thailand and ASEAN countries.
- It is a 275-bed tertiary care hospital with more than 40 Speciality Centres, namely, the Liver & Digestive Institute, Women's Health Centre including Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Bone, Joint, and Spine Centre, Surgery Clinic, Heart Institute, Bone Marrow & Stem Cell Transplantation Centre, Breast Centre, Fertility Centre, Hair Restoration Medical centre, Knee Health Centre, Neurology Centre, Oncology Centre to mention a few.
- Moreover, there is a Children's Hospital that is dedicated to comprehensive Paediatric care covering Newborns, GI, Oncology, Orthopaedics, Oncology, and others. It is the first private children's hospital in Thailand.
- In 1998, it was certified by UNICEF, WHO, the Department of Health, and the Ministry of Public Health, as a mother and baby-friendly hospital.
- It is one of the favourite medical destinations for both the nationals and expats, along with tourists from around the world providing international quality services and facilities. It was awarded the Top 5 World's Best Hospital for Medical Tourism for 2018 by the Medical Travel Quality Alliance.
- It has been a recipient of many awards, namely, Hospital of the Year by the Thailand Healthcare Asia Awards 2020, The Model Private Hospital Award 2020 for being the top private hospital for academic activity in Thailand, and Best Corporate Hospital Award 2019.
- It was also awarded Thailand's Prime Minister Award for the Most Recognized Service in 2004.
- The hospital is equipped with cutting-edge technologies to diagnose and treat patients with accuracy through a Magnetic Resonance Imaging machine (MRI), 640-slice CT scanner with less radiation, Mammogram, Bone Mineral Density (BMD) analysis, Lower abdominal Ultrasound for Men (Testicle Ultrasound), Cranial Ultrasound for infant, Intravenous Pyelography (IVP) and many more.
- It has a team that assists international patients from finding the right doctor to aftercare at home.
Images related to Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital, Bangkok
Select Medical Department of Your Interest
- CARDIOLOGY AND CARDIAC SURGERY (4)
- COSMETIC AND PLASTIC SURGERY (6)
- GASTROENTEROLOGY (12)
- GENERAL SURGERY (7)
- GYNECOLOGY (23)
- HEPATOLOGY (7)
- IVF and INFERTILITY (1)
- NEPHROLOGY (2)
- NEUROLOGY AND NEUROSURGERY (13)
- OBESITY OR BARIATRIC SURGERY (10)
- ONCOLOGY AND ONCOSURGERY (5)
- OPTHALMOLOGY (9)
- ORTHOPEDICS (27)
- PEDIATRICS AND PEDIATRIC SURGERY (1)
- SPINE SURGERY (7)
- TRANSPLANT SURGERY (1)
133 Sukhumvit 49, Klongtan Nua, Vadhana,
Team and Specialities
- The Hospital has more than 400 internationally recognized doctors and surgeons who are experts in their respective fields.
- They also have highly trained and qualified nurses and paramedics who are available 24*7 to provide the best care.
- A team of 150 pediatricians is available, providing tertiary care, including other complex treatments (BMT), specialized surgeries (MIS), and also emergency care.
- They have a staff of child and adolescent psychiatrists, psychologists, speech therapists, art therapists, and special education teachers.
- It offers customization services for shoes and equipment to support healing bones or joints.
- The Hospital is reputed for its Precision Medicine in Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Oncology, and Holistic Care and Prevention.
- It also utilises the Narrow-Band Imaging (NBI), an advanced colonoscopy and gastroscopy technique to identify polyps two times earlier before becoming cancerous.
- Samitivej Children’s Hospital collaborates with the Doernbecher Children’s Hospital of the Oregon Health and Science University (OHSU) in the US to enhance treatment and preventive care from newborn to adulthood.
- It has a Japanese Medical Centre that offers a one-stop service for Japanese nationals.
Top Doctors At Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital, Bangkok
Dr. Apichart Thanapatcharoen
General Surgeon , 38 years of experienceBook Appointment Contact Hospital
Dr. Asada Methasate
Surgical Gastroenterologist , 32 years of experienceBook Appointment Contact Hospital
Dr. Wirote Lausoontornsiri
Medical Oncologist , 36 years of experienceBook Appointment Contact Hospital
Dr. Pitulak Aswakul
Surgical Gastroenterologist , 25 years of experienceBook Appointment Contact Hospital
Dr. Boonsaeng Wuttiphan
Gynaecologist and Obstetrician , 21 years of experienceBook Appointment Contact Hospital
- The hospital has a capacity of 275 beds with a wide selection of rooms to suit every budget.
- It has a food court, restaurants, cafes, book stores, convenience stores, shops for babies and children, a hair studio, several Banks, and ATMs.
- It has a 24/7 Pharmacy.
- It has an emergency air ambulance service that allows patient transfers from more than 30 domestic and regional airports.
- It provides language interpretation for Japanese, Burmese, Korean, English, Chinese, Arabic, and Indonesian. Other language interpretations can be provided at the additional expense of the patients.
- It is the only hospital in Asia Pacific Region with a photopheresis machine that can treat children who weigh as little as 10 kg and are as young as two years old.
- The hospital has several medical facilities such as ECG & multi-parameter monitor, Defibrillator, Infant & Pediatric transport ventilator, Portable suction machine, Transport incubators, etc,
- The hospital is located at the heart of the city of Bangkok.
- It takes about 25 minutes from the Suvarnabhumi International Airport and 30 minutes from the Don Mueang International Airport.
- There are many 2 to 5-star hotels and apartments nearby the hospital. The lowest rate starts from USD 17.
- To commute, Sukhumvit 34 is the nearest bus station that is 6 minutes away. Khlong Tan is the nearest train station, that is 7 minutes away. Tuktuk services are plenty, and so are taxis.
- Many restaurants offering palatable cuisines can be found within 10 minutes; cafes are also aplenty.
Comfort During Stay
- TV in room
- Private rooms
- Free Wifi
- Phone in Room
- Mobility accessible rooms
- Family accommodation
- Safe in the room
- Nursery / Nanny services
- Dry cleaning
- Personal assistance / Concierge
- Religious facilities
- Spa and wellness
- Business centre services
- Dedicated smoking areas
- Beauty Salon
- Special offer for group stays
- Parking available
- Health insurance coordination
- Medical travel insurance
- Foreign currency exchange
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Diet on Request
- International Cuisine
- Medical records transfer
- Online doctor consultation
- Document legalisation
- Post operative followup
- Translation services
- Airport pickup
- Local tourism options
- Local transportation booking
- Visa / Travel office
- Car Hire
- Private driver / Limousine services
- Shopping trip organisation
- Air ambulance