- Established in : 1980
- Multi Specialty
- Established on 17 September 1980, the Bumrungrad International Hospital, Bangkok is a global pioneer in giving the best international standard healthcare services and one of the largest private multi-speciality hospitals in South East Asia with patients coming from over 190 countries annually.
- It is a one-stop healthcare destination for all types of patients with the ability to handle complex care needs.
- It practices a one-price policy for all patients regardless of whether they are local or international patients ensuring the principle value of "care for the people."
- It is a tertiary care hospital having over 45 Centres and Clinics namely, Arrhythmia Centre, Breast Centre, Bumrungrad Robotic Surgery Centre, Children's (Paediatric) Centre, Diagnostic Radiology & Nuclear Medicine, Digestive Disease (GI) Centre, Fertility Centre & IVF Clinic, Heart (Cardiology) Centre, Orthopaedic Centre, Plastic (Cosmetic) Surgery Centre, Spine Institute and many more.
- It is the only hospital in Thailand using next-generation sequencing (NGS) technology.
- It offers many Health Packages under various departments like Mammogram and Breast Ultrasound packages, Arthroscopic Knee Surgery Packages, and Heart Disease Screening packages to mention a few.
- Being a leader in innovative patient services and medical technologies, it utilises state-of-the-art technologies like CardioInsight, a non-invasive diagnostics technology for diagnosing heart arrhythmias - the only active centre in the Asia Pacific.
- It was also the first IBM Watson - a machine-learning AI for Oncology sites in the world, enabling doctors and specialists to analyse patients' data against traditional means by a quicker and most accurate treatment possible.
- The Bumrungrad Robotic Surgery Centre uses the MAKOplasty©, Mazor X and the da Vinci System having better consistency, accuracy, and faster recovery with less invasiveness in joint, spine, and cancer surgeries.
- It is the first private hospital in Thailand to be accredited by the Healthcare Accreditation Institute, the first private hospital in Thailand to be awarded the Thailand Quality Class Award for organizational excellence, the first hospital to receive the award for Excellence in Health Tourism, receives Advanced Hospital Accreditation by the Healthcare Accreditation Institute of Thailand, and the first hospital in Asia to accredited The College of American Pathologists.
- The Hospital is JCI accredited since 2002, the first hospital in Asia to be DNV GL MIR Certified for Infection Risk in 2017, and the first non-USA hospital to receive the Global Healthcare Accreditation with Excellence designation from GHA - a reflection of the highest international quality and safety standards for overseas patients going to the hospital for treatment and care.
- It was listed as the best hospitals in Thailand for 2 consecutive years and one of the top 150 hospitals in the world in 2022.
- It has over 200 interpreters for patients whose language of communication is not English.
Images related to Bumrungrad International Hospital, Bangkok
Select Medical Department of Your Interest
- CARDIOLOGY AND CARDIAC SURGERY (20)
- COSMETIC AND PLASTIC SURGERY (23)
- GASTROENTEROLOGY (7)
- GYNECOLOGY (14)
- HEMATOLOGY (1)
- HEPATOLOGY (1)
- IVF and INFERTILITY (1)
- NEUROLOGY AND NEUROSURGERY (27)
- ONCOLOGY AND ONCOSURGERY (13)
- ORTHOPEDICS (10)
- PEDIATRIC CARDIOLOGY (2)
- PEDIATRICS AND PEDIATRIC SURGERY (3)
- SPINE SURGERY (6)
- TRANSPLANT SURGERY (1)
33 Sukhumvit 3 (Soi Nana Nua),
Team and Specialities
- The Hospital employs over 1,300 medical doctors, 900 registered nurses and over 4,800 support professionals covering 70 sub-specialties.
- Many of the doctors have international board certifications from countries like the USA, UK, Japan, and Australia.
- The hospital has multidisciplinary teams of experienced medical doctors, nurses, pharmacists, physical therapists, nutritionists, medical technologists and other professional staff.
Top Doctors At Bumrungrad International Hospital, Bangkok
Dr. Kittichai Luengtaviboon
Cardiac Surgeon , 42 years of experienceBook Appointment Contact Hospital
Dr. Savitree Maoleekoonpairoj
Medical Oncologist , 43 years of experienceBook Appointment Contact Hospital
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Areesak Chotivichit
Spine Surgeon , 39 years of experienceBook Appointment Contact Hospital
Prof. Dr. Kamthorn Pruksananonda
Gynaecologist and Obstetrician , 39 years of experienceBook Appointment Contact Hospital
Dr. Narongsak Kiatikajornthada
Medical Oncologist , 52 years of experienceBook Appointment Contact Hospital
- The Hospital has a 24/7 Emergency Room, 19 Operating Theatres, 4 types of ICUs (adult, pediatric, cardiac, and a Level III neonatal ICU), 2 Cath Labs, 6 Labor & delivery rooms, 1 Bi-plane room, 7 Endoscopy rooms, and a Rehabilitation Centre.
- All Bumrungrad International rooms consist of several amenities such as imported electronically adjustable beds, a Computerized personal nurse call system, a television, a guest couch, individually controlled room air conditioning, a personal telephone for local and international calls, and a personal medication cabinet.
- It has two Cardiac Catheterization Labs, a Surgical Navigation System along with Arthroscopy, Endoscopy, and Lithotripsy, and Interventional Radiology capabilities.
- It has the Medical Coordination Service which assists international patients in recommending treatments, cost estimation, insurance, language support, airport pick-up and drop-off, complimentary visa extension service, travel and accommodation, embassy contact assistance, and any other help.
- An Airport Representative Team is available at the Suvarnabhumi International Airport assisting international patients with free Shuttle Van Service from the Airport to Bumrungrad International Hospital or hotels nearby.
- Local and International banking services and ATM facility is available on the campus.
- The Hospital is located in the heart of the city of Bangkok.
- It takes about 37 minutes from the Suvarnabhumi International Airport and about 25 minutes from the Don Mueang International Airport.
- Many 3 to 5-hotels can be found nearby the Hospital. The lowest price cost about USD 17 within a radium of about 2 km.
- There are many fancy restaurants and cafes within a reach of 10 minutes.
- The nearest bus stops just near to the Hospital. Nana is the closest subway station; it can be reached by ferry as well.
- Taxi services are also plenty to commute around.
Comfort During Stay
- TV in room
- Private rooms
- Free Wifi
- Phone in Room
- Mobility accessible rooms
- Family accommodation
- Safe in the room
- Nursery / Nanny services
- Dry cleaning
- Personal assistance / Concierge
- Religious facilities
- Spa and wellness
- Business centre services
- Dedicated smoking areas
- Beauty Salon
- Special offer for group stays
- Parking available
- Health insurance coordination
- Medical travel insurance
- Foreign currency exchange
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Diet on Request
- International Cuisine
- Medical records transfer
- Online doctor consultation
- Document legalisation
- Post operative followup
- Translation services
- Airport pickup
- Local tourism options
- Local transportation booking
- Visa / Travel office
- Car Hire
- Private driver / Limousine services
- Shopping trip organisation
- Air ambulance