Shoulder Replacement Cost In IndiaChat
What is Shoulder Replacement?
Shoulder replacement is a surgical procedure in which all or part of the glenohumeral joint is replaced by a prosthetic implant.
How is the Procedure Performed?
The Surgery of Shoulder Replacement involves the insertion of the temporary ball into the new socket and moving the shoulder around to make sure the shoulder joint has ease of motion and does not dislocate. The surgeon will then dislocate the joint, remove the temporary component, and attach the final prosthesis.
Who is the Right Doctor for Shoulder Replacement?
The right doctor to consult for Shoulder Replacement is an Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon along with a Physiotherapist.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The success rate is high and varies between 92-95%.
After, the Shoulder Replacement Surgery, the individual is advised to take 6 weeks rest and asked to perform strengthening exercises. Regaining full strength and range of motion can take up to a year.
The cost of Shoulder Replacement includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost (some tests that may be required - chest X-ray, blood work, and EKG (heart tracing) }
Surgery cost (depends on whether there is a requirement for an implant)
Types of implant [Ti-6Al-4V (titanium-aluminum-vanadium) and CoCrMo (cobalt-chromium-molybdenum)]
Type of surgery (Anatomic total shoulder replacement, Reverse total shoulder replacement, Partial shoulder replacement, etc.)
Post-Operative cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
Medicine cost (Anti-inflammatory, Pain Killers, Antibiotics, etc.)
Patient's hospital stay
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or Single room)
The severity of the disease
Post-surgical complications if it happens (such as Dislocation, Fracture, Implant loosening, Rotator cuff failure, etc.)
Cost of Blood products (if required)
An extended stay at the Hospital
Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
If any extra investigations are required
Cost related to Shoulder Replacement in India
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Shoulder Replacement Surgery||Rs.333000 to Rs.444000|
|Repair of dislocations||Rs.199800 to Rs.266400|
Help Us With Patient Details
Images Related To Shoulder Replacement
What is Shoulder Arthroscopy?
Before and after shoulder arthroscopy surgery.
Symptoms of Rotator cuff injury and need for shoulder arthroscopy surgery.
Types of shoulder arthroscopy surgery.
The procedure of shoulder arthroscopy treatment.
Top hospitals and doctors for Shoulder Replacement in IndiaFilter
Showing 126 Hospitals and doctors for Shoulder Replacement in India
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Established in 1996, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital is NABL and JCI accredited.
- Apollo Group offers 10,000 beds across 64 hospitals, more than 2,200 pharmacies, over 100 primary care & diagnostic clinics and 115 telemedicine units across 9 countries.
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital has 52 specialties under one roof.
- Major specialities of the hospital include Anaesthesia, Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery, Cancer, Paediatrics, Critical Care, Emergency Care, Fetal Medicine, Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Interventional Radiology, IVF, Liver and Kidney Transplant, Nuclear Medicine, Nephrology, Neurosciences, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, Otolaryngology (ENT), Paediatrics, Pediatric Surgery, Psychiatry and Clinical Psychology, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Respiratory & Sleep Medicine, Rheumatology, Spine Surgery, Urology and Andrology and Vascular and Endovascular Surgery.
- First hospital in India to perform a Paediatric Liver Transplant in 1998.
- The hospital ranked first in Neurosciences, Renal Sciences, Oncology, Paediatrics, Gynaecology and Obstetrics & Emergency in The Times Of India Healthcare Survey 2016.
- It has also ranked the 6th Best Private Hospital in India for Cardiology by The WEEK in the Best Hospital Survey 2013 conducted by A C Nielsen.
- Awarded a Special Commendation for the Golden Peacock Environment Management Award by a jury chaired by Justice P. N. Bhagwati and Former Chief Justice of India for the hospital's environmental practices.
Indian Spinal Injuries Center, New Delhi
- NABH and NABL accredited, Indian Spinal Injuries Center is the most advanced Spine, Orthopaedic, Neuromuscular, Arthroscopic Surgical Center in India.
- It attends over 200,000 patients across 55 countries every year.
- Offers high quality treatment at affordable rates.
- Specializes in Spine Surgery, Orthopedics, Rheumatology, Neurology, Rehabilitation, Urology, and Plastic Surgery.
- Established in 1997, the hospital's motto is 'a patient for a patient' and provides everything that a spine injured patient would need to recover.
- With the Director of the hospital, Major HPS Ahuluwalia's vision, the government of Italy had invested 10 million American dollars in the project through San Raffaelle Hospital, Milan.
- It is the largest ever Italian collaboration in the health care sector of the country.
Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai
The hospital has successfully performed more than 1668 joint replacement surgeries, 4753 arthroscopic surgeries, and 1864 spine surgeries.
The orthopedic department specializes in orthobiologic techniques such as
Autologous chondrocytes for articular cartilage repair
Autologous osteoblasts and stem cells for bone repair in avascular necrosis
Platelet Rich Plasma for musculotendinous problems
Dr. Dinshaw Pardiwala, a senior orthopaedist works with the hospital is considered as one of the best orthopedic surgeons in India.
He has performed more than 3000 arthroscopic procedures in 4 years at Kokilaben Hospital so far with 0% post-operative infection rate.
There is no case reported for the need of repeat surgery for sports injury at the Kokilaben hospital.
Doctors for Shoulder Replacement in India
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement SurgeonDirector, 20 years of experience
- Dr. Prithvi Mohandas is a recognized Orthopedic Specialist with over 20 years of experience.
- He collaborated with the Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, in determining the variables that affect hip implant design, the effect of load transfer in the femoral head, and minimally invasive surgery.
- After obtaining his medical degree, he completed his obligatory three-year General Surgical training in Manchester.
- He also completed a three-year fellowship in hip joint surgery at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital in Stanmore.
- He was appointed Director of Hip Arthroplasty at MIOT Hospitals, Chennai, in 2007.
- In 2008, he became Secretary of the Indo-German Orthopaedic Foundation. He lectured in the Atypical scenario of Indian hip surgery in Seoul, Beijing, Bangkok, Colombo, Manchester, and Rochester, Minnesota.
- In 2010, he was appointed Joint Managing Director, MIOT Hospitals, Chennai.
- After delivering the Keynote address on Indian Healthcare at the House of Lords in the Spring of 2011, he started the Indo-British Health Initiative (IBHI).
- Dr. Mohandas organized the Diabetes Summit in January 2013, followed by the biggest ever Oncology Summit in India in September 2013 with 20 UK and 60 top Indian Oncologists in attendance, and the recent HIPEC Meet in November 2014.
- He divides his time between training young Orthopaedic Surgeons in Hip Surgery and his administrative duties as Managing Director of MIOT International.
- He lectured at the British Orthopaedic Society, The Royal Society of Medicine, and the Institute of Mechanical Engineers.
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement SurgeonDirector, 20 years of experience
- Dr Jayant Arora is well-famed Orthopedecian & Joint replacement surgeon in Gurgaon.
- With a thrilling experience of over 20+ years, he has worked with some of the most well-known hospitals nationally and internationally.
- Dr Arora has completed his MBBS from the eminent Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi, MS (Ortho) from Safdarjung Hospital, University of Delhi. Following which he did his DNB (Ortho.) from PGI Chandigarh.
- Dr Arora has done his MRCS (UK) from Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, UK in 2003; and CCBST from Royal College of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland.
- He has also done is MSc. Orthopaedics from University of Central Lancaster, Wrightington Hospital.
- Dr Arora has got an opportunity to deliver various papers and posters, and has also authored publications like ‘Pathophysiology of the Compartment Syndrome’.
Cost of consultation for Shoulder Replacement with Dr Jayant Arora starts from INR 1200.
Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement SurgeonHOD, 23 years of experience
- Dr. Atul Mishra is a well-known Orthopedist having 23 years of experience in the Orthopedics field and 19 years of experience working as a specialist in Orthopedics.
- He has vibrant and vast work experience which includes working as a Consultant Knee Surgeon at Metro Multi-Speciality Hospital and Heart Institute, Consultant Knee Surgeon at Max Superspeciality Hospital, Consultant Knee Surgeon at Deepak Memorial and associated Kailash Group of Hospitals and Additional Director(Department of Orthopedics) at Fortis Hospital.
- He has performed over 5000 knee surgeries including Joint Replacements and Arthroscopies in the last 15 years of his service.
- He has been granted fellowships at various renowned places such as in Joint Surgery at Matsudo Municipal Hospital, Japan. In Sports Medicine and Knee Surgery at Institute Ortopedici Rizzoli, Bologna, Italy. Also in Knee Reconstruction at University Hospital, Philipps University Medical School, Marburg, Germany.
- Dr. Mishra has also received various awards such as Chikitsa Gaurav Samman 2008 by the Akhil Bharatiya Swatantra Lekhak Manch on 14th November 2008 and Award of Honour at the 28th Annual Function and Scientific Session on REVISION TOTAL KNEE ARTHROPLASTY organized by the DR. L.H. LOBO MEMORIAL TRUST at Christian Medical College, in 2010.
- He is also a Life member of IMA East Delhi Branch, Life member of Delhi Orthopaedics Association, and Life member of Indian Arthroscopy Society.
Cost of consultation for Shoulder Replacement with Dr. Atul Mishra starts from INR 1000.
Shoulder Replacement Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Shoulder Replacement - Most Frequently Asked Questions
উপলভ্য বিকল্পগুলি হ'ল নন-স্টেরয়েডাল অ্যান্টি-ইনফ্লেমেটরি ড্রাগস (এন.এস.এ.আই.ডি), রোগ-সংশোধনকারী অ্যান্টি-রিউম্যাটিক ড্রাগ (ডি.এম.এ.আর.ডি), স্টেরয়েড ইনজেকশন এবং ফিজিওথেরাপি।
Usually, it is observed that shoulder replacement lasts for around 10 years or more after this time it may loosen or wear out.
Diabetes doesn't seem to raise risks after shoulder replacement.Increasing age and history of cardiac disease increases the risk of cardiac complication after shoulder replacement.If you have high blood pressure and if it is under control, there is no reason to worry about not having a safe and successful surgery.Even if your blood pressure becomes elevated during surgery you will be given intravenous medication to reduce it.Consult your cardiologist if you are planning to undergo the surgery beacuse some medicine doses are modified accordingly.
Usually it is not required.
The available options are Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), Disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (DMARDs), Steroid Injections and Physiotherapy.
Shoulder replacement surgery is a procedure which reduces or try to reduce the source of pain and disfunction of shoulder by repairing the damaged part of shoulder joint.
The most common reasons for shoulder replacement surgery are osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and avascular necrosis. This process will help you in getting relieve from pain and also improves your muscle strength and increase your range of motion.
The prosthesis used in shoulder replacement is being made of a humeral ball in which a special type of stainless steel is being attached which is made of titanium and it keeps the ball attached to your arm while a polyethylene cup s used for replacing the glenoid socket.
You can be the candidate for shoulder replacement surgery if:
- Shoulder pain is severe which is interfering with daily life activities.
- There is no relief even after trying anti-inflammatory medicines, cortisone injection or physiotherapy
- You’ve tried anti-inflammatory medications, cortisone injections and physical therapy with no relief.
Some of the advantages of shoulder replacement surgery are:
- Pain relief and improved range of motion and function.
- You will get to relieve from pain and movement also improved.
During the Shoulder Replacement - Most Frequently Asked Questions
The patient will be staying in hospital for five days.
It will usually takes 2 hours.
Your consultation visit and initial appointment with the orthopedic surgeon will include a series of x-rays, a physical examination and a thorough review of your medical history. By physical examination you will get to know about the source of pain and the decrease range of motion. While the x ray examination reveals bone spur, the damaged joint surfaces and the narrow joint spaces. In case if there was any trauma or injury the x ray will help in evaluating whether it can be fixed r it is needed to be replaced.
You will get enough time to plan for the surgery a series of tests should be done one to two weeks before the surgery. The test include blood test, electrocardiogram, if you are taking some medications you will be told to discontinue such as any anti-inflammatory medication.
It will take almost 2 hours for shoulder replacement surgery to be done, it will take one to two hour for you to recover completely from general anesthesia.
You will be under general anesthesia to keep you asleep.
In shoulder replacement surgery, a plastic lining is attached to the socket to allow smooth movement a top of the arm bone is being removed and metal stem with a ball on the end is inserted. If your rotator cuff is being damaged and the joint may not be stable or work properly.
After Shoulder Replacement - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Can usually return to desk work within 2-4 weeks from the time of surgery but that heavier work is restricted for four months or more, depends on the strength, progress of the shoulder.
After being transported to your room your vitals will be evaluated and your arms will be placed in sling position for the first 24 hours after surgery. After coming from hospital you will be able to move and get out of the bed. You should wear loose fitting clothes.
The result of the procedure will depend on your performance it depends on the stretching and strengthening of the muscles with time. It basically depends on your activity level.
Some of the complications of the procedure include infection, nerve Injury, dislocation and some prosthesis related problems.
After discharge you should limit yourself from lifting any heavier object whose weight is more than a glass of water. You should avoid placing arm in extreme position for the first six weeks after surgery, you should not stretch to the outside and behind your neck. You must be go regularly to your therapist, for strengthening your muscles.
The recovery period varies from person to person and also depend on the type of surgery you had.
If you are experiencing any symptoms such as fever, decreased of motion, redness, swelling or increase in pain or change in sensation or movement after your nerve block is cleared, then you should immediately contact your doctor.
How much does Shoulder Replacement cost in different cities in India?
The price for Shoulder Replacement in different cities in India is approximately in the range of:
- New Delhi: Rs.281385 to Rs.440115
- Gurgaon: Rs.288600 to Rs.432900
- Noida: Rs.270563 to Rs.450938
- Chennai: Rs.288600 to Rs.414863
- Mumbai: Rs.295815 to Rs.440115
- Bangalore: Rs.281385 to Rs.425685
- Kolkata: Rs.270563 to Rs.407648
- Jaipur: Rs.252525 to Rs.404040
- Mohali: Rs.259740 to Rs.613275
- Ahmedabad: Rs.241703 to Rs.400433
- Hyderabad: Rs.277778 to Rs.422078
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Shoulder Replacement
FAQ videos related to Shoulder Replacement
Our patient's testimonials related to Orthopaedic And Joint Replacement Surgeon
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Shoulder Replacement in other countries, compared to India?
Approximate price of Shoulder Replacement in other countries compared to India is:
- Turkey, USD 4000 to USD 6000, approximately 33% lower than India
- Thailand, USD 5600 to USD 8400, approximately 7% lower than India
- Germany, USD 19200 to USD 28800, approximately 220% higher than India
- Israel, USD 8000 to USD 12000, approximately 33% higher than India
- Singapore, USD 9600 to USD 14400, approximately 60% higher than India
- Malaysia, USD 12000 to USD 18000, approximately 100% higher than India