Scoliosis Spine Surgery Cost In IndiaChat
What is Scoliosis Spine Surgery?
Scoliosis Spine Surgery is done to realign and fuse the curved vertebrae so that they heal into a single, solid bone.
Scoliosis surgeons can improve curves significantly with the tools and technology available today.
How is the Procedure Performed?
Scoliosis spine surgery involves several small incisions along the back. The surgeon then inserts a device called a tubular retractor.
This lets the surgeon reach the spine with small tools, and screws are attached to the spine to help make it straighter.
Who is the Right Doctor for Scoliosis Spine Surgery?
The right doctor to consult for Scoliosis Spine Surgery is a Spine Surgeon and an Orthopedic Surgeon.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The success rate varies between 71-74%.
The cost of Scoliosis includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost (X-ray or MRI may be done to evaluate the spine)
Post-Operative cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
Types of Surgery - Spinal fusion, Laminectomy, Foraminotomy, Diskectomy, Disk replacement, Interlaminal implantation, Scoliosis correction and fixation of a damaged or broken spine
Medicine cost (anti-inflammatory, painkillers, etc.)
Physiotherapy (a few sessions are required in case of Spine Surgery)
Patient's hospital stay
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or Single room)
The severity of the disease
Post-surgical complication, if it happens (such as Nerve injury or Paralysis)
Cost of Blood products (if required)
Age of the patient
An extended stay at the hospital
Cost of accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Cost related to Scoliosis Spine Surgery in India
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Scoliosis Spine Surgery||Rs.488400 to Rs.651200|
|Spinal deformity and scoliosis||Rs.412920 to Rs.550560|
|Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis Treatment||Rs.399600 to Rs.532800|
|Early Onset Scoliosis Surgery||Rs.359640 to Rs.479520|
Help Us With Patient Details
Images Related To Scoliosis Spine Surgery
Types of Spinal deformities.
Types of Scoliosis.
Overview of Scoliosis treatment.
Scoliosis treatment procedure.
Top hospitals and doctors for Scoliosis Spine Surgery in IndiaFilter
Showing 126 Hospitals and doctors for Scoliosis Spine Surgery in India
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Established in 1996, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital is NABL and JCI accredited.
- Apollo Group offers 10,000 beds across 64 hospitals, more than 2,200 pharmacies, over 100 primary care & diagnostic clinics and 115 telemedicine units across 9 countries.
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital has 52 specialties under one roof.
- Major specialities of the hospital include Anaesthesia, Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery, Cancer, Paediatrics, Critical Care, Emergency Care, Fetal Medicine, Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Interventional Radiology, IVF, Liver and Kidney Transplant, Nuclear Medicine, Nephrology, Neurosciences, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, Otolaryngology (ENT), Paediatrics, Pediatric Surgery, Psychiatry and Clinical Psychology, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Respiratory & Sleep Medicine, Rheumatology, Spine Surgery, Urology and Andrology and Vascular and Endovascular Surgery.
- First hospital in India to perform a Paediatric Liver Transplant in 1998.
- The hospital ranked first in Neurosciences, Renal Sciences, Oncology, Paediatrics, Gynaecology and Obstetrics & Emergency in The Times Of India Healthcare Survey 2016.
- It has also ranked the 6th Best Private Hospital in India for Cardiology by The WEEK in the Best Hospital Survey 2013 conducted by A C Nielsen.
- Awarded a Special Commendation for the Golden Peacock Environment Management Award by a jury chaired by Justice P. N. Bhagwati and Former Chief Justice of India for the hospital's environmental practices.
Indian Spinal Injuries Center, New Delhi
- NABH and NABL accredited, Indian Spinal Injuries Center is the most advanced Spine, Orthopaedic, Neuromuscular, Arthroscopic Surgical Center in India.
- It attends over 200,000 patients across 55 countries every year.
- Offers high quality treatment at affordable rates.
- Specializes in Spine Surgery, Orthopedics, Rheumatology, Neurology, Rehabilitation, Urology, and Plastic Surgery.
- Established in 1997, the hospital's motto is 'a patient for a patient' and provides everything that a spine injured patient would need to recover.
- With the Director of the hospital, Major HPS Ahuluwalia's vision, the government of Italy had invested 10 million American dollars in the project through San Raffaelle Hospital, Milan.
- It is the largest ever Italian collaboration in the health care sector of the country.
Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon
The neurosurgical experts deliver the superlative degree of clinical care with a focus on using minimally invasive techniques whenever possible.
The team is highly skilled in treating conditions such as a cerebral aneurysm, Arteriovenous Malformations, Subarachnoid Haemorrhage, Metastatic Spinal Column Tumours etc
The neurosurgery is well-armed with the modern equipment to perform deep brain stimulation, brain aneurysm coiling, brain and spinal arteriovenous malformations embolization, intracranial angioplasty and stenting and many more.
Presently, the latest neuro intervention implants are being deployed such as Flow diverters, Liquid embolization agents like Squid and Phil, low profile intracranial stents and newer intracranial balloons.
Approximately 250-300 neurointerventional procedures are conducted each year.
Dr.Vijay K Dixit, one of the best neurosurgeons in India, works with the hospital has an experience of about 18 years.
So far, he has performed about 10,000 spinal and neural angiograms, 2000 neuro-intervention procedures and more than 1400 aneurysm coiling procedures.
Doctors for Scoliosis Spine Surgery in India
NeurosurgeonDirector, 20 years of experience
- Dr Sandeep Vaishya is one of the top Neurosurgeons in India.
- He has 22+ years of experience in the field & has been associated with some of the best hospitals in India.
- His specializations are Intracranial Brain Tumour Surgery, Deep Brain Stimulation Surgery, Skull Base Surgery, Brain Surgery, General Surgery, Minimally Invasive Brain, Spine Surgery & Image-Guided Neurosurgery, Peripheral Nerve Surgery, and Brachial Plexus Surgery.
- Dr. Vaishya has completed his MBBS & MS from the well-known G R Medical College, Gwalior. Following which he did his MCh at the prestigious AIIMS, Delhi.
- He is an awardee of the Sundt Fellowship at Mayo Clinic, USA.
- He is one of the leading surgeons in the world for brachial plexus Injuries and in South Asia for Gamma Knife Surgery.
- He did several successful surgeries in the field of neurosurgery.
- Dr. Vaishya's treatment for Hydrocephalus was also featured in the popular Netflix documentary Rooting for Roona.
Cost of consultation for Scoliosis Spine Surgery with Dr. Sandeep Vaishya starts from INR 2000.
NeurosurgeonConsultant, 19 years of experience
- Dr Arun Saroha is a renowned brain & spine surgeons in India.
- With an experience of over 14 years, he is one of the first few to perform Soliosis surgery in India.
- On completing his MS from RNT Medical College, Udaipur, he did his Mch (Neurosurgery) from the renowned PGI Chandigarh.
- He has more than 8000 brain and spine surgeries to his credit.
- He is a visiting faculty to various famous organisations like Ferdinand Church University ,Nigeria ,Baghdad University ,Baghdad,
- Dr Arun as his expertise in Brain Tumour Surgery, Brain Aneurysms, Spine Surgeries, Spine Instrumentation surgeries, Management of head injury patients.
- He can be followed at LinkedIn https://in.linkedin.com/in/arunsaroha
Cost of consultation for Scoliosis Spine Surgery with Dr. Arun Saroha starts from INR 1400.
Spine SurgeonHOD, 20 years of experience
- Dr. Vidyadhara is a renowned Spine Surgeon with 20 years of experience.
- He has performed nearly 6000 spine surgeries so far.
- Some of the key areas of his interest are spinal disc surgery, joint dislocation treatment, spine injury, scoliosis correction, slip disc, neck & spine biopsy, etc.
- He has won more than 30 national and international awards during his academic career for excellence in spine surgeries.
- He has numerous international publications in indexed journals.
- He was awarded the ISCA Young Scientist Award from the then President of India, the Lester Lowe SICOT Award in 2007, and ISSLS Best Research Award in 2010.
- He was the third Indian who won the prestigious SRS Traveling Fellowship to visit the best centers for Spine surgery in the USA.
- After completing his MBBS, Dr. Vidyadhara went on to specialize in orthopedics by doing MS from Kasturba Medical College and DNB from the National Board of Examinations.
Cost of consultation for Scoliosis Spine Surgery with Dr. Vidyadhara S. starts from INR 900.
Scoliosis Spine Surgery Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Scoliosis Spine Surgery - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Mild cases of scoliosis may not need treatment. But, moderate to severe scoliosis that is left untreated can lead to pain and increasing deformity, as well as potential heart and lung damage. Also, if it is the case of a young child, the deformity increases drastically with hormone changes happening during puberty.
Spinal fusion for idiopathic scoliosis is an extensive surgery that is often only considered as a last option. However, it is a major surgery and a big decision that should not be made without first considering all options.
The choice of when to have surgery will vary. After the bones of the skeleton stop growing, the curve should not get much worse. Because of this, the surgeon may wait until your child's bones stop growing. Your child may need surgery before this if the curve in the spine is severe or is getting worse quickly.
A hump in Scoliosis is usually due to the twisted spine becoming prominent or the bent of the ribs. Surgery makes this bent smaller but it will not totally disappear. The surgeon can give the exact picture of how much deformity will be improved after the surgery.
Rarely does adult scoliosis alone cause paralysis or other severe neurologic problems, but it can be associated with lumbar stenosis (narrowing of the spinal canal or tube where the nerves lay), which can result in nerve irritation, leg pain and possibly weakness.
Yes, conceiving is not generally hindered after this surgery unless some other limiting factors are also involved. This surgery also does not mean that such women will have to undergo only C-section for delivery as it does not affect undergoing natural birth process.
The length of the scar from spinal fusion surgery depends on the area and number of vertebra that are fused. It also depends on whether posterior or anterior approach has been used for surgery.In the posterior approach, you can typically expect a single scar of 6-12 inches while in the anterior approach, there could be 3-4 incisions measuring nearly 4-6 inches. However, this length varies from person to person
Some patients have back pain after the spinal fusion surgery. It is normally in the upper back or lower spine region. However, it can be easily treated with exercise and other simple measures like medications. But in some cases revision surgery to ease back pain or remove the implants may be required.
Spinal fusion surgery reduces the flexibility of the back but this depends on which region of your back is fused and the length of the spine involved.Surgeries in upper cervical region limit movements of the neck while those in the middle impact forward bending slightly. Surgeries in the lumbar region affect flexibility and restrict certain movements.
Yes, you may need spine surgery if your spine curve is greater than 45 to 50 degree because it may become worse when you grow up it can cause deformity in your back or may affect the functioning of your lungs.
Spinal scoliosis is a very successful surgery which helps in preventing the growth of spine.
As spinal bones protect the spinal cord, your surgeon will make your bone straight as long as it is safe. The degree of correction of the surgery depend on the flexibility of your scoliosis before surgery. If your curve is more flexible you will get more correction from surgery.
After the surgery you will have more pain than before but it will resolve with a period of few weeks to months. Most people get relief from back pain at one year after surgery as it was before.
Scoliosis surgery can correct your spine by 40 to 65% and it totally depends on your flexibility of your spine, type and size of the curve and their age.
During the Scoliosis Spine Surgery - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Usually it takes four to six hours.
Hospital stay is usually for 6 days.
In spinal fusion surgery the curved vertebrae fuses and form into a single and solid growth. The bone growth will be stopped to prevent the curve from getting worse. Bone grafts are being placed between the bones to help on fusion when the bone grows together then a broken bone starts healing.
Spine surgery will take around 4 to 8 hours depending on the size of patient’s curve and the amount of spine which needs to be fused.
This surgery is being done during the growing year of the child, rods are attached to the spine for correcting and maintaining the curvature of the spine. In every six to twelve month the child has to be taken for another surgery for lengthening of the rod. Once patient gets close to skeletal maturity, spinal fusion will usually happen.
After Scoliosis Spine Surgery - Most Frequently Asked Questions
A brace supports the spine and keeps it immobilized after surgery to enhance healing. With modern instrumentation techniques, the need for a rigid brace is much reduced. A corset or a soft brace can be used to support the muscles.
Spinal surgery for scoliosis is a major operation and requires long recovery period. During this time post operative visits and follow up checkups are a must to ensure that the recovery is on track. The patient is called for follow up on 12 day of the surgery to remove any stitches and patient can return to home country after that.
Depending on your age you might be ready to return to work or school around 4 to 6 weeks after surgery. This timescale is different for each person. Many patients will be back to normal activity levels around 3 after surgery.
The intensity of pain after surgery varies from patient to patient, as surgery is a major procedure it involves movement of muscles and realigning of the skeleton. Usually the first few days of the surgery are uncomfortable but most people are able to move by third or fourth day of surgery.
If rods are being used in fusion they are not usually removed, very few people require removal of rod. When removal of rod is needed there can be lot of reason for it such as a infection or breakage of rod.
The portion which is being fused in your back is permanently stiff, most people usually works from the unfused portion in their lower back. If you are participating in any activity in which lot of flexibility is being required then it may take time to adapt.
You should limit yourself from avoiding lifting any heavy objects and you have to reduce the level of bending for the first 6 weeks after surgery.
How much does Scoliosis Spine Surgery cost in different cities in India?
The price for Scoliosis Spine Surgery in different cities in India is approximately in the range of:
- New Delhi: Rs.412698 to Rs.645502
- Gurgaon: Rs.423280 to Rs.634920
- Noida: Rs.396825 to Rs.661375
- Chennai: Rs.423280 to Rs.608465
- Mumbai: Rs.433862 to Rs.645502
- Bangalore: Rs.412698 to Rs.624338
- Kolkata: Rs.396825 to Rs.597883
- Jaipur: Rs.370370 to Rs.592592
- Mohali: Rs.380952 to Rs.899470
- Ahmedabad: Rs.354497 to Rs.587301
- Hyderabad: Rs.407407 to Rs.619047
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Spine Surgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Scoliosis Spine Surgery
FAQ videos related to Scoliosis Spine Surgery
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Scoliosis Spine Surgery in other countries, compared to India?
Approximate price of Scoliosis Spine Surgery in other countries compared to India is:
- Turkey, USD 14880 to USD 22320, approximately 69% higher than India
- Thailand, USD 9600 to USD 14400, approximately 9% higher than India
- Germany, USD 25600 to USD 38400, approximately 191% higher than India
- Malaysia, USD 17600 to USD 26400, approximately 100% higher than India