Sarcoma Treatment Cost In GermanyChat
What is Sarcoma?
Sarcoma, a cancerous tumor, develops in bone and soft tissue. Soft tissues support other body structures, including muscle, fat, tendons, cartilage, ligaments, blood vessels, and nerves.
Sarcomas can form in various parts of the body, including:
- Lower extremities (legs, ankles, feet) (40%)
- Upper extremities (shoulders, arms, wrists, hands) (15%)
- Trunk/chest wall/abdomen/pelvis (30%)
- Head and neck (15%)
How is the Procedure Performed?
Surgery is performed by a wide local excision, leaving a margin of healthy tissue at the edges, removing the tumor without leaving any microscopic disease. Sometimes, the affected limb is amputated as the best and safest option.
Radiation therapy, chemotherapy, or targeted therapy may also be performed with other treatments.
Who is the Right Doctor for Sarcoma Treatment?
Surgical Oncologists and Orthopedic Oncologists specialize in treating sarcomas using surgery.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The 5-year survival rate for sarcoma is 65%. Among the 60% of sarcomas found as localized sarcoma, the 5-year survival rate is 81%.
The cost of Sarcoma treatment includes:
- Preoperative diagnostic tests cost may include [Biopsy, X-ray, etc.]
- Surgery cost (Depends upon the type and size of the tumour and the extent to which the tumour has spread)
- Post-Operative cost (there might be a need for chemotherapy or Radiotherapy before or post-surgery)
- Patient's hospital stay
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
- Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
- The stage and type of cancer
- Patients may require repeated investigation through PET CT and related tests Post-surgery / Chemotherapy / Radiation Therapy
- Any additional tests may be required to know the status of the disease during the course of treatment
- An extended stay at the Hospital
- Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident [may take longer duration in case of chemotherapy or radiotherapy sessions]
Sarcoma Treatment in Germany
Popular Cities in Germany for Sarcoma Treatment are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Sarcoma Treatment in GermanyFilter
Showing 32 Hospitals and doctors for Sarcoma Treatment in Germany
University Hospital Heidelberg
- The University Hospital Heidelberg is one of the biggest medical centers in the Federal Republic of Germany. It is a part of Heidelberg University Medical School, which was founded in 1388, making it the oldest in Germany.
- The hospital operates nearly 1 million outpatients and 65,000 inpatients every year and is well-renowned for treating cancer.
- The Hospital works in partnership with various research institutes one of them being the German Cancer Research Center at the National Center for Tumor Diseases, registered on the American Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- The hospital specializes in diagnosing complex medical conditions and diseases and treating them using innovative technology to ensure optimal treatment with interdisciplinary cooperation.
- There are about 10,000 employees, including 1,600 professors and doctors working at the hospital, and the Chief Doctor of the hospital is the renowned Professor Guido Adler.
- The Heidelberg Curriculum Medicinale (HeiCuMed) is one of the leading medical training institutions in Germany, which at present teaches nearly 3700 physicians.
- Carl Gustav Carus University Hospital, Dresden was established in the year 1815 and is one of the oldest and most reputed hospitals in Germany.
- The hospital is famous for its high standards of medical services and is recognised by many certificates received from international quality centers including ISO 19001 and DKG certificates.
- The University Hospital was a part of the “Best quality of medical service and patient care in Germany” list, published by Focus Health magazine and in 2020, 15 departments received the “Top National Hospital” award as well
- Since 2019, the doctors of the neurosurgery department use MRI-3 Tesla to monitor the patient’s state during the surgery, which makes the department one of the most technologically advanced in the country.
- The hospital’s activity is closely overseen by a Supervisory Council, which ensure the hospital upholds its quality and effective management.
- In 2007, the Dresden University Hospital Cancer Center received the “Best oncology center” from the German Cancer Aid Society (DKH).
- Since 2012. the Carl Gustav Carus Orthopaedics and Traumatology Center has been leading the Focus magazine “Best medical facilities in Germany” rating.
- The hospital includes general and special ophthalmological departments with 41 inpatient wards out of which 8 of them are for child patients.
Doctors for Sarcoma Treatment in Germany
Medical OncologistDirector, 30 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Marion Kiechle is an Internationally renowned Medical Oncologist with +30 years of practice.
- Her area of expertise is Breast cancer, Gynecological cancer and the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of Tumor disease in women.
- She is a member of the German Medical Association, the German Society of Gerontology and Geriatrics and the German Cancer Society.
- Prof. Dr. Marion Kiechle gained her MBBS (1986) from the University of Freiburg.
- She did her specialization in Oncology (1987) at the University of Freiburg.
- She has a PhD (1995) from the University Hospital Freiburg.
- Prof. Dr. Marion Kiechle is the author of several publications and articles.
Gynaecologist and ObstetricianChief, 38 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Med. Michael Untch is a gyne-oncologist with 38+ years of experience.
- His areas of expertise include preoperative systemic therapy for breast cancer, cancer surgery, sentinel lymph node operations, chemotherapy, uterus conserving surgery for fibroma, urinary incontinence and treatment for uterine dysplasia.
- He graduated from Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich.
- He also completed his postdoctoral research at the department of gynecologic oncology at the University of Miami.
- Dr. Untch did optional studies of internal medicine and surgery in University Hospital, Augsburg and second optional studies of obstetrics and gynecology in University Clinic Munich-Grosshadern.
- He has penned several publications that are published in national and international journals.
Pediatric HematologistDirector, 39 years of experience
- Dr. med. Axel Stang is a hematologist and oncologist with 39+ years of experience.
- He won the Asklepios Award for Innovation in Medicine in 2012.
- He is a member of the Hamburg Medical Association
- He has given guest lectures at the Semmelweis University Budapest.
- Dr. Stang completed graduation followed by post-graduation and PhD.
- He also did basic ultrasound courses and has ESMO Certification in medical oncology.
- He is a member of the German Cancer Society (AIO), German Society for Hematology and Oncology (DGHO), German Society for Internal Medicine (DGIM), German Society for Palliative Medicine, German Society for Ultrasound in Medicine (DEGUM) and European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO).
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals