Pituitary Tumor Treatment Cost In IndiaChat
What is Pituitary Tumor?
abnormal cell growth arising in the pituitary gland is termed as a pituitary tumor. these tumorous growths result in excessive secretion of hormones in the body. in some cases, it may obstruct hormone secretion leading to less hormone in the body. most of them are benign and non-cancerous in nature, they remain in the pituitary gland and nearby organs throughout. sign and symptoms of such tumors are headaches, vision issues, weakness, loss of appetite, irregular periods, and sexual dysfunction.
How is the Procedure Performed?
the treatment comprises of surgical removal of tumor by either endoscopic transnasal transsphenoidal approach or by craniotomy. radiation therapy is given by stereotactic radiosurgery, external beam radiation, or proton beam therapy. certain medications are given to control the hormonal imbalance in cases of prolactin-secreting tumors, growth hormone-secreting tumors, and Cushing syndrome.
Who is the Right Doctor for Pituitary Tumor Treatment?
the right doctor for pituitary tumor patients is a neurologist, neurosurgeon, and endocrinologist.
the symptoms of pituitary tumor often go unnoticed, so to diagnose we need a complete blood count, urine analysis followed by MRI and CT scan. An eye test is also preferable.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
the five-year survival rate for people with the pituitary tumor is around 82%.it largely depends on the type of pituitary tumor and person's age and overall health.
The cost of Pituitary Tumor includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost, some of which may include blood tests, vision tests, MRI scans, PET scans, etc.
Surgery cost (Depends upon the type and size of the tumor and the extent to which the tumor has spread)
Type of surgery (Endonasal endoscopic surgery, Neuro-endoscopic surgery, Craniotomy)
Post-Operative cost (there might be a need for chemotherapy or Radiotherapy before or post-surgery)
Patient's hospital stay
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or Single room)
The stage and type of cancer
Patients may require repeated investigation through PET CT and related tests Post-surgery / Chemotherapy / Radiation Therapy.
Any additional tests may be required to know the status of the disease during the course of treatment.
An extended stay at the Hospital
Cost of accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident [may take longer duration in case of chemotherapy or radiotherapy sessions]
Cost related to Pituitary Tumor Treatment in India
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Pituitary Tumor Treatment||Rs.288600 to Rs.384800|
|Radiotherapy||Rs.186480 to Rs.248640|
|Stereotactic Radio Surgery||Rs.284160 to Rs.378880|
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Pituitary Tumor Treatment in IndiaFilter
Showing 132 Hospitals and doctors for Pituitary Tumor Treatment in India
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Established in 1996, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital is NABL and JCI accredited.
- Apollo Group offers 10,000 beds across 64 hospitals, more than 2,200 pharmacies, over 100 primary care & diagnostic clinics and 115 telemedicine units across 9 countries.
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital has 52 specialties under one roof.
- Major specialities of the hospital include Anaesthesia, Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery, Cancer, Paediatrics, Critical Care, Emergency Care, Fetal Medicine, Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Interventional Radiology, IVF, Liver and Kidney Transplant, Nuclear Medicine, Nephrology, Neurosciences, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, Otolaryngology (ENT), Paediatrics, Pediatric Surgery, Psychiatry and Clinical Psychology, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Respiratory & Sleep Medicine, Rheumatology, Spine Surgery, Urology and Andrology and Vascular and Endovascular Surgery.
- First hospital in India to perform a Paediatric Liver Transplant in 1998.
- The hospital ranked first in Neurosciences, Renal Sciences, Oncology, Paediatrics, Gynaecology and Obstetrics & Emergency in The Times Of India Healthcare Survey 2016.
- It has also ranked the 6th Best Private Hospital in India for Cardiology by The WEEK in the Best Hospital Survey 2013 conducted by A C Nielsen.
- Awarded a Special Commendation for the Golden Peacock Environment Management Award by a jury chaired by Justice P. N. Bhagwati and Former Chief Justice of India for the hospital's environmental practices.
Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon
The neurosurgical experts deliver the superlative degree of clinical care with a focus on using minimally invasive techniques whenever possible.
The team is highly skilled in treating conditions such as a cerebral aneurysm, Arteriovenous Malformations, Subarachnoid Haemorrhage, Metastatic Spinal Column Tumours etc
The neurosurgery is well-armed with the modern equipment to perform deep brain stimulation, brain aneurysm coiling, brain and spinal arteriovenous malformations embolization, intracranial angioplasty and stenting and many more.
Presently, the latest neuro intervention implants are being deployed such as Flow diverters, Liquid embolization agents like Squid and Phil, low profile intracranial stents and newer intracranial balloons.
Approximately 250-300 neurointerventional procedures are conducted each year.
Dr.Vijay K Dixit, one of the best neurosurgeons in India, works with the hospital has an experience of about 18 years.
So far, he has performed about 10,000 spinal and neural angiograms, 2000 neuro-intervention procedures and more than 1400 aneurysm coiling procedures.
- Established in 1991, Manipal Hospital is the third largest healthcare network in India.
- It is NABH and NABL (ISQUA) accredited.
- It is also ISO 9001:2008 certified for all comprehensive protocols including clinical, nursing, diagnostics and allied areas.
- Manipal Hospitals have 5 branches in Bangalore: Whitefield, Brookefield, Old Airport Road, Malleshwaram and Jayanagar.
- Offers more than 60 specialties under one roof.
- Manipal Hospital Whitefield is 284-bedded inpatient facility.
- It is also accredited with the AAHRPP Accreditation (Association for the Accreditation of the Human Research Protection Programs)
- The hospital is rated the Most Patient Recommended Hospital in India by the Consumer Voice.
- It is ranked as the Best Hospital in Bangalore for the past 8 years by The Week Magazine.
- Ranked among the top 5 hospitals in “INDIA’S MOST CARING HOSPITALS” survey.
- Won the prestigious Golden Peacock National Quality Award 2005 in the Service category.
Doctors for Pituitary Tumor Treatment in India
NeurosurgeonDirector, 20 years of experience
- Dr Sandeep Vaishya is one of the top Neurosurgeons in India.
- He has 22+ years of experience in the field & has been associated with some of the best hospitals in India.
- His specializations are Intracranial Brain Tumour Surgery, Deep Brain Stimulation Surgery, Skull Base Surgery, Brain Surgery, General Surgery, Minimally Invasive Brain, Spine Surgery & Image-Guided Neurosurgery, Peripheral Nerve Surgery, and Brachial Plexus Surgery.
- Dr. Vaishya has completed his MBBS & MS from the well-known G R Medical College, Gwalior. Following which he did his MCh at the prestigious AIIMS, Delhi.
- He is an awardee of the Sundt Fellowship at Mayo Clinic, USA.
- He is one of the leading surgeons in the world for brachial plexus Injuries and in South Asia for Gamma Knife Surgery.
- He did several successful surgeries in the field of neurosurgery.
- Dr. Vaishya's treatment for Hydrocephalus was also featured in the popular Netflix documentary Rooting for Roona.
Cost of consultation for Pituitary Tumor Treatment with Dr. Sandeep Vaishya starts from INR 2000.
NeurosurgeonConsultant, 19 years of experience
- Dr Arun Saroha is a renowned brain & spine surgeons in India.
- With an experience of over 14 years, he is one of the first few to perform Soliosis surgery in India.
- On completing his MS from RNT Medical College, Udaipur, he did his Mch (Neurosurgery) from the renowned PGI Chandigarh.
- He has more than 8000 brain and spine surgeries to his credit.
- He is a visiting faculty to various famous organisations like Ferdinand Church University ,Nigeria ,Baghdad University ,Baghdad,
- Dr Arun as his expertise in Brain Tumour Surgery, Brain Aneurysms, Spine Surgeries, Spine Instrumentation surgeries, Management of head injury patients.
- He can be followed at LinkedIn https://in.linkedin.com/in/arunsaroha
Cost of consultation for Pituitary Tumor Treatment with Dr. Arun Saroha starts from INR 1400.
NeurosurgeonDirector, 24 years of experience
- Dr. Rana Patir is one of the eminent Neurosurgeons in India for all kinds of brain surgeries like brain tumor surgery, deep brain stimulation surgery, surgery for meningioma, and brain stem tumor surgery.
- Expertise’s Epilepsy Surgery, Pediatric Neurosurgery, Neuromodulation (for pain management), Skull Base Surgery, Neurovascular Surgery, and Minimal Invasive Brain & Spine Surgeries which include Fusion and Fixation, Kyphoplasty, Disc Replacement Surgery, sleep disorders etc.
- He has 25 years of experience in the field specializing in Brain Tumor Surgeries.
- He has over 10,000 neurological procedures to his credit.
- He is a professor of Neurology at the Guwahati Medical College.
- He has been a teaching faculty at AIIMS and at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi, and has been the Director of the Neurosurgery Department at Max Hospital, New Delhi, India.
- Interests are Spine Surgery, Endoscopic Surgery, Stereotactic Surgery for movement disorders, Surgery at Craniovertebral Junction, Extra Cranial-Intra Cranial Bypass Surgery, Complex Head and Neck Procedures, Reconstructive Surgery, Neurosurgery, Skull Base Surgery, and Epilepsy
Cost of consultation for Pituitary Tumor Treatment with Dr. Rana Patir starts from INR 1675.
Pituitary Tumor Treatment Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Pituitary Tumor cost in different cities in India?
The price for Pituitary Tumor in different cities in India is approximately in the range of:
- New Delhi: Rs.243867 to Rs.381433
- Gurgaon: Rs.250120 to Rs.375180
- Noida: Rs.234488 to Rs.390813
- Chennai: Rs.250120 to Rs.359548
- Mumbai: Rs.256373 to Rs.381433
- Bangalore: Rs.243867 to Rs.368927
- Kolkata: Rs.234488 to Rs.353295
- Jaipur: Rs.218855 to Rs.350168
- Mohali: Rs.225108 to Rs.531505
- Ahmedabad: Rs.209476 to Rs.347042
- Hyderabad: Rs.240741 to Rs.365801
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Neurosurgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Pituitary Tumor
FAQ videos related to Pituitary Tumor
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Pituitary Tumor in other countries, compared to India?
Approximate price of Pituitary Tumor in other countries compared to India is:
- Turkey, USD 9600 to USD 14400, approximately 85% higher than India
- Thailand, USD 11760 to USD 17640, approximately 126% higher than India
- Germany, USD 16000 to USD 24000, approximately 208% higher than India
- Israel, USD 22400 to USD 33600, approximately 331% higher than India
- Singapore, USD 20000 to USD 30000, approximately 285% higher than India
- Malaysia, USD 10400 to USD 15600, approximately 100% higher than India