Pet Scan Cost In United Arab EmiratesChat
What is Pet Scan?
An imaging test using a radioactive tracer to examine diseases in the body is known as Positron Emission Tomography (PET) scan. It is different from MRI and CT scans. Machines that combine PET and CT images, called PET/CT, are commonly used.
PET scans are used to study various conditions, including Cancer, Brain disorders such as epilepsy, Heart disease, etc.
How is the Procedure Performed?
A small amount of radioactive tracer used in PET scans is given through a vein (IV). The needle is inserted on the inside of the patient's elbow. After traveling through the blood, the tracer collects in organs and tissues, which helps the radiologist see certain areas more clearly.
The patient must wait as the body absorbs the tracer, which may take about 1 hour. The patient then lies on a narrow table that slides into a large tunnel-shaped scanner. The PET detects signals from the tracer.
A computer changes the signs into 3D pictures, displaying the images on a monitor for the healthcare provider to read. The patient must lie still during the test, as too much movement can blur images and cause errors. Depending on the body part being scanned, the test time may vary.
Who is the Right Doctor for Pet Scan?
A nuclear medicine specialist or a radiologist performs PET scans.
The cost of PET Scan includes:
- Preparing for the scan, such as blood tests and post-scan consultations
- Specific area of the body being scanned. For e.g., a whole-body PET scan may cost more than a brain PET scan
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
- Cost may differ depending on the diagnostic center
- Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room), if patient is admitted to the hospital
- Complications, if they occur (include nausea, vomiting, headache, itching, flushing, mild rash, etc. after the tracer is injected)
Pet Scan in United Arab Emirates
Popular Cities in United-arab-emirates for Pet Scan are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Images Related To Pet Scan
Type of Medical scans.
Pet Scan - Machine
PET Scan vs CT Scan
Types of Brain Imaging.
Top hospitals and doctors for Pet Scan in United Arab EmiratesFilter
Showing 25 Hospitals and doctors for Pet Scan in United Arab Emirates
Thumbay Hospital, Dubai
- Thumbay Hospital, Dubai was established in 2015 as a multi-speciality hospital and is one of the five such hospitals of the Thumbay Group.
- Thumbay Hospital, Dubai is a leading choice of patients as it has earned a reputation for offering world-class healthcare to people from across the globe. The hospital boasts of having treated patients from +175 countries and is accredited by the Ministry of Health, UAE, the Medical Tourism Association, Association of Academic Health Centers, the International Hospital Federation and the Asian Hospital Federation among others.
- It has also received the Dubai Quality Appreciation Award, Dubai Human Development & Appreciation Award and Sheikh Khalifa Excellence Award.
- The doctors and medical staff themselves hail from +20 different countries and speak over 50 languages.
- Thumbay Hospital, Dubai is accredited by the International Board of Medicine & Surgery, the International Hospital Federation and the Medical Tourism Association and other bodies too.
- There are +20 specialities at the JCI-accredited hospital.
- The facility has a capacity of 150 beds and has a dedicated Marhaba Lounge which is set up to offer personalised care in less time. This is a dedicated service aimed at minimising time loss and inconvenience of patients. Patients opting for this package are given priority with registration, consultation, examination/diagnosis, surgeries, documentation and billing, thus making the patient's health visit at Thumbay Hospital a pleasant experience.
- Thumbay Hospital, Dubai is equipped with the latest medical equipments such as, Picture Archiving and Communication System for radiology, labs that are accredited by the College of American Pathologists, individual waiting rooms for men and women and category-wise wards as per the budget of the patient.
- The hospital's dedicated medical tourism section offers services to overseas patients by resolving their queries and addressing other concerns.
- The hospital is modern and equipped with Wifi. It is clean, spacious and has shops, ATMs and a lounge area.
Prime Hospital, Dubai
- Prime Hospital, Dubai is a multi-speciality hospital set up in 1999 that is now counted among the leading healthcare facilities in the United Arab Emirates.
- The hospital has been accredited by the Joint Commission International (JCI) in 2016 and by the Australian Council on Healthcare Standards (ACHS) in 2019.
- Prime Hospital, Dubai offers treatments in +30 departments, has a capacity of 100 beds and is equipped with the latest medical and surgical equipments.
- The hospital's other infrastructure includes, an adult ICU, an emergency ward, state-of-the-art pathology and catheterisation lab, neonatal and pediatric ICU, maternity and pediatric floors, a day surgery unit and a family clinic.
- Prime Hospital, Dubai has an expert team of surgeons and doctors. Its medical staff is also highly trained and follows safety standards that are at par with those in other parts of the world.
- The hospital has been constructed in accordance with the American Institute of Architects Hospital Architecture (AIA) guidelines and as per international quality accreditation standards.
- The hospital offers special offers for payment without charging interest.
- Prime Hospital, Dubai offers Prime Homecare, an offering of diagnostic and medical services for those confined to homes. These are provided by a licensed team from the hospital who are as competent in delivering the services.
- The hospital premises are aesthetically done, spacious and well-lit. It has a spacious lounge.
- The hospital offers deluxe and premier stay options. It has a cafeteria too.
Saudi German Hospital, Dubai
- The Saudi German Hospital, Dubai belongs to one of the largest private healthcare hospital groups known as the Saudi German Hospital (SGH) Group in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). The SGH Group is a trusted leading healthcare services provider in MENA.
- It is a multi-speciality hospital that provides tertiary care in Dubai and UAE.
- It provides a one-stop medical facilities and packages for international patients.
- Its popular procedures include Eye Surgery, GI Surgery, Joint Replacement Surgery, Cancer Treatment, Spine Surgery, Weight Loss Surgery, Heart Surgery, Cosmetic Surgery, Uro Surgery, and Neurosurgery.
- It is the first hospital in UAE to receive Trauma cases with the Dubai Ambulance office established in the premises.
- The Hospital's management of high quality with international standard is evident through its several international accreditations like JCI, CAP, ISO 9001: 2015 on Quality Management System and ISO 14001: 2015 on Environmental Management System.
- It received a Gold Certification for Patient Centered Care Excellence from Planetree International-USA.
- Its Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation also received an accreditation from CARF International (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities).
- It has a partnership with numerous insurance agencies such as Axa, Amity, Daman, MSH International, Oman etc.
Doctors for Pet Scan in United Arab Emirates
Radiation OncologistConsultant, 16 years of experience
- With 16+ years of experience, Dr. Sai Babu Jonnada is one of the best Radiation Oncologists in UAE.
- Dr. Sai specializes in chemotherapy, immunotherapy and biological therapies.
- He is a member of the General Medical Council, the Royal College of Physicians, the Royal College of Radiologists, the British Uro-Oncology Group, the British Sarcoma Group, the European Society of Therapeutic Radiation Oncology, the Indian Medical Council and the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
- Dr. Sai has several international publications, essays, and presentations to his name.
- He has done MBBS (2002) from the prestigious college of India.
- Dr. Sai later did M.Sc. (Oncology, 2014) from the Institute of cancer research, London.
- He did a fellowship from the Royal College of Radiologists (FRCR), UK (2014).
- He has a Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) in Clinical Oncology, UK (2015).
- Dr. Sai is well-versed in Hindi and English.
Dr. Ibrahim Husni Mohd Abugheida
Radiation OncologistConsultant, 10 years of experience
- Dr. Ibrahim Husni Mohd Abugheida is a well-respected Radiation Oncologist possessing more than 10 years of experience.
- He holds expertise in treating disorders related to the breast, gastrointestinal, genitourinary, thoracic, CNS tumors, and benign & functional diseases.
- After completing his MD in 2012, he acquired residency in Internal Medicine and Radiation Oncology at the American university of Beirut Medical Center where he joined as a Chief Resident in 2017.
- In 2018, he achieved his clinical fellowship in the advanced radiation oncology department from Cleveland Clinic Ohio, USA followed by his second clinical fellowship in advanced radiation oncology from the University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Huston, Texas, USA.
- He is professionally affiliated with the VPS/Burjeel Hospital Institutional Review Board (IRB) Committee, the American Society of Radiation Oncology, and the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
- He is a licensed physician to treat malignant, benign, or functional diseases that require radiation therapy.
Pet Scan Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Radiation Oncologist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals