Pet Scan Cost In GermanyChat
What is Pet Scan?
An imaging test using a radioactive tracer to examine diseases in the body is known as Positron Emission Tomography (PET) scan. It is different from MRI and CT scans. Machines that combine PET and CT images, called PET/CT, are commonly used.
PET scans are used to study various conditions, including Cancer, Brain disorders such as epilepsy, Heart disease, etc.
How is the Procedure Performed?
A small amount of radioactive tracer used in PET scans is given through a vein (IV). The needle is inserted on the inside of the patient's elbow. After traveling through the blood, the tracer collects in organs and tissues, which helps the radiologist see certain areas more clearly.
The patient must wait as the body absorbs the tracer, which may take about 1 hour. The patient then lies on a narrow table that slides into a large tunnel-shaped scanner. The PET detects signals from the tracer.
A computer changes the signs into 3D pictures, displaying the images on a monitor for the healthcare provider to read. The patient must lie still during the test, as too much movement can blur images and cause errors. Depending on the body part being scanned, the test time may vary.
Who is the Right Doctor for Pet Scan?
A nuclear medicine specialist or a radiologist performs PET scans.
The cost of PET Scan includes:
- Preparing for the scan, such as blood tests and post-scan consultations
- Specific area of the body being scanned. For e.g., a whole-body PET scan may cost more than a brain PET scan
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
- Cost may differ depending on the diagnostic center
- Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room), if patient is admitted to the hospital
- Complications, if they occur (include nausea, vomiting, headache, itching, flushing, mild rash, etc. after the tracer is injected)
Cost related to Pet Scan in Germany
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|PET Scan||USD 1800 to USD 2200|
Help Us With Patient Details
Images Related To Pet Scan
Type of Medical scans.
Pet Scan - Machine
PET Scan vs CT Scan
Types of Brain Imaging.
Top hospitals and doctors for Pet Scan in GermanyFilter
Showing 32 Hospitals and doctors for Pet Scan in Germany
University Hospital Heidelberg
- The University Hospital Heidelberg is one of the biggest medical centers in the Federal Republic of Germany. It is a part of Heidelberg University Medical School, which was founded in 1388, making it the oldest in Germany.
- The hospital operates nearly 1 million outpatients and 65,000 inpatients every year and is well-renowned for treating cancer.
- The Hospital works in partnership with various research institutes one of them being the German Cancer Research Center at the National Center for Tumor Diseases, registered on the American Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- The hospital specializes in diagnosing complex medical conditions and diseases and treating them using innovative technology to ensure optimal treatment with interdisciplinary cooperation.
- There are about 10,000 employees, including 1,600 professors and doctors working at the hospital, and the Chief Doctor of the hospital is the renowned Professor Guido Adler.
- The Heidelberg Curriculum Medicinale (HeiCuMed) is one of the leading medical training institutions in Germany, which at present teaches nearly 3700 physicians.
- Carl Gustav Carus University Hospital, Dresden was established in the year 1815 and is one of the oldest and most reputed hospitals in Germany.
- The hospital is famous for its high standards of medical services and is recognised by many certificates received from international quality centers including ISO 19001 and DKG certificates.
- The University Hospital was a part of the “Best quality of medical service and patient care in Germany” list, published by Focus Health magazine and in 2020, 15 departments received the “Top National Hospital” award as well
- Since 2019, the doctors of the neurosurgery department use MRI-3 Tesla to monitor the patient’s state during the surgery, which makes the department one of the most technologically advanced in the country.
- The hospital’s activity is closely overseen by a Supervisory Council, which ensure the hospital upholds its quality and effective management.
- In 2007, the Dresden University Hospital Cancer Center received the “Best oncology center” from the German Cancer Aid Society (DKH).
- Since 2012. the Carl Gustav Carus Orthopaedics and Traumatology Center has been leading the Focus magazine “Best medical facilities in Germany” rating.
- The hospital includes general and special ophthalmological departments with 41 inpatient wards out of which 8 of them are for child patients.
Doctors for Pet Scan in Germany
Radiation OncologistChairman, 25 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Anca-Ligia Grosu is a celebrated Radiation Oncologist with more than 25 years of experience.
- She is a part of many Academic and Professional organizations such as Chair of the Department of Radiation Oncology, Medical Center – University of Freiburg, Member of the Senate of the Albert-Ludwigs-University Freiburg; German Neuro-oncology Working Group (NOA); International Association of Surgeons, Gastroenterologists & Oncologists (IASGO); etc.
- She also acts as a member on the Editorial Board of the journal Radiotherapy & Oncology (The Green Journal); Strahlentherapie und Onkologie; and Physics & Imaging in Radiation Oncology.
- She completed her graduation from Medical School, University of Klausenburg, Romania in 1981, medical specialist training from the Department of Neurology, Harlaching Hospital, Munich (1990), and also Department of Radiation Oncology, Rechts der Isar Hospital, Technical University, Munich (1995).
- Dr. Grosu is focussed on areas such as Radiosurgery & Stereotactic Radiation Therapy, Tomotherapy, Intraoperative Radiation Therapy, etc.
- As of 2019, she has written approximately 600 publications in national and international journals.
Radiation OncologistChairman, 32 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Dimos Baltas is a well-experienced Radiation Oncologist with more than 32 years in the field.
- He is a respected member of various associations such as the German Society for Medical Physics (DGMP), American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM), European Society for Radiotherapy and Oncology (ESTRO), German Society for Radiation Oncology (DEGRO), Hellenic Association of Medical Physicists (EFIE), and American Brachytherapy Society (ABS).
- After completing his education in physics at the University of Athens in Greece, he later did postgraduate studies at the University of Heidelberg, Radiology Center, Radiation Physics Department, and also is a DAAD scholarship holder.
- He also has a Certification in Medical Physics by the German Society for Medical Physics (DGMP) and is accredited for advanced training of engineers and physicists in the field of radiotherapy from the same institution.
- In 1996, he was awarded the academic title of Adjunct Research Associated University Professor in the Department of Medical Physics & Engineering at the National Technical University of Athens (NTUA), Institute for Communication and Computer Systems (ICCS).
- Dr. Baltas has written 149 publications in peer-reviewed journals and 16 chapters in textbooks.
- He is a Greek native speaker and can also communicate in German and English fluently.
Prof. Dr. Med. Robert Krempien
Radiation OncologistChief, 25 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Med. Robert Krempien is a radiation oncologist with 25+ years of experience.
- His areas of expertise include diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer, treatment of prostate cancer, intravasal radiation therapy in the thigh and pelvic region, and radiation therapy of benign, degenerative and inflammatory diseases as well as endocrine orbitopathies.
- He has published more than 100 original papers, chapters and reviews.
- Dr. Krempien has been awarded the Jean-Paul Obrecht Award in 2001 and the Award for Technical Innovations in Radiation Oncology at the 2003 Meeting of the German Society of Radiation Oncology (DEGRO).
- He completed graduation and post-graduation from prestigious universities of Germany.
- He did a residency in internal medicine at the University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg.
Pet Scan Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Radiation Oncologist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Pet Scan in other countries, compared to Germany?
Approximate price of Pet Scan in other countries compared to Germany is:
- India, USD 400 to USD 600, approximately 75% lower than Germany
- Turkey, USD 640 to USD 960, approximately 60% lower than Germany
- Thailand, USD 1360 to USD 2040, approximately 15% lower than Germany
- Malaysia, USD 800 to USD 1200, approximately 50% lower than Germany