Pacemaker Cost In GermanyChat
What is Pacemaker?
A Pacemaker is a small device, which uses electrical pulses to prompt the heart to beat at a normal rate.
How is the Procedure Performed?
The procedure of a Pacemaker implant involves the use of sedative to relax the individual followed by a small incision near the shoulder. Then the surgeon will implant the generator under the skin near the collarbone to help control abnormal heart rhythms.
Who is the Right Doctor for Pacemaker?
The right doctor to consult for a Pacemaker placement is a Cardiologist along with an Electrophysiologist.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The success rate of Pacemaker placement is usually high and varies between 92-96%.
A Pacemaker placement may have some complications such as, an allergic reaction to anesthesia, bleeding, Damaged nerves or blood vessel, Infection at the site of the incision, or rarely a collapsed lung.
The cost of pacemaker surgery includes:
- Preoperative diagnostic tests cost [blood tests, a chest X-ray, an echocardiogram (ECG) and an electrocardiogram (EKG)]
- Procedure cost
- Type of pacemaker used [Single-chamber, Dual-chamber, or Cardiac resynchronization therapy - pacemaker (CRT-P) (used in patients ≥ 90 years of age)]
- Post-procedure cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
- Cost of medication
- Patient's hospital stay
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
- Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
- Post-procedure complications [include pocket bleeding (hematoma), pneumothorax, cardiac injury or tamponade, lead dislodgement, deep venous thrombosis, infection (especially life-threatening endocarditis and lead or device malfunctions), etc.]
- Cost of blood products (if required)
- An extended stay at the hospital
- Cost of accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Cost related to Pacemaker in Germany
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|PPI-Permanent Pacemaker Implant - Double Chamber||USD 10800 to USD 13200|
|Angioplasty and Stent Placement||USD 5400 to USD 6600|
Pacemaker in Germany
Popular Cities in Germany for Pacemaker are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Pacemaker in GermanyFilter
Showing 32 Hospitals and doctors for Pacemaker in Germany
Charite University Hospital
- The Charité University Hospital located in Berlin is one of Europe's most reputed and largest university hospitals affiliated with Humboldt University and Free University Berlin.
- Established in 1710, it is one of Germany's most research-intensive medical institutions, which was ranked by Focus as the best of over 1000 hospitals in Germany.
- In 2010, the clinic celebrated its 300th anniversary, and in 2019 and 2020, Newsweek ranked the Charité as the fifth-best hospital in the world and best in Europe.
- The hospitals has numerous Collaborative Research Centres (CRC) of the Deutsche Forschungsgmeinschaft.
- Charité treats more patients than any other university hospital in Germany with 692,920 outpatient cases and 152,693 inpatient cases in a year.
- From 2012 to 2020, more than half of all German Nobel Prize winners in Physiology or Medicine, including Emil von Behring, Robert Koch, and Paul Ehrlich have worked at the Charité.
- Several congressmen and diplomats have been treated at the Charité, including German Chancellor Angela Merkel, Yulia Tymoshenko from Ukraine, and, more recently, Russian opposition politician Alexei Navalny was treated here in August 2020.
Asklepios Hospital Barmbek, Hamburg
- Founded in 2005, Asklepios Hospital Barmbek is a part of the Asklepios medical group.
- The Asklepios group was founded in 1985 and is one of the largest networks of private clinics.
- All the hospitals of this group have in-house laboratories performing more than 18 million tests annually.
- The group is the first in Germany to be certified in accordance with the European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM).
- The hospital offers state-of-the-art treatments to more than 80,000 national and international patients.
- It has been granted numerous certifications for its extremely advanced medical standards.
- The hospital has been recognized as one of the best clinics in the world in the field of medical tourism by Alliance for Quality of Medical Tourism.
- It has been awarded a CTQ quality certificate, which indicates impeccable medical services.
- This clinic is one of the renowned hospitals for the treatment of liver diseases.
- It is one of the few hospitals in the world to use bactericidal action of copper surfaces, including copper light switches and copper handles to create a “hospital free from germs”.
- According to the Medical Travel Quality Alliance Quality (MTQUA), the hospital ranks among the top ten hospitals in the world in the field of medical tourism.
Asklepios St. Georg Hospital
- Asklepios St. Georg Hospital is a multispeciality center located in Hamburg and is a part of the Asklepios Medical Group.
- The group which houses a network of 150 medical establishments in 14 federal districts of Germany making it one of the largest private hospital group in Germany with 26,500 beds combined.
- The hospital is certified by the International Organization for Standardization, Switzerland, and the Center for Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation, Germany.
- Furthermore, Asklepios St. Georg has earned 18 awards and certificates that prove the high quality of medical services available in the European Union.
- The Asklepios holds 732 beds and treats about half of all hospital patients in Hamburg (nearly 87,000 patients) annually and covers all medical specialties such as ophthalmology, cardiology, neuroradiology, vascular, dentistry, etc.
- The hospital is located in the center of Hamburg and due to its central location, the location appeals to people of any age and any culture. It is home to wonderful old buildings mixed with sidewalk cafes and shops.
- The Asklepios Hospital is one of the few in the world that utilizes the bactericidal action of copper surfaces to create a "hospital without germs environment".
Doctors for Pacemaker in Germany
Cardiac SurgeonHead of Department, 20 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. med. Ellen Hoffman is an experienced Cardiac surgeon with over +20 years of working in the field of treating heart and circulatory diseases.
- She holds the Fellowship of the European Society of Cardiology. She has been the President of the Congress on Interventional Cardiovascular Therapy (2012) of the German Society for Cardiology.
- During 1978--85, Dr.Hoffman studied medicine at the University of Heidelberg and also at the universities of Cambridge and Oxford. She completed her doctoral thesis from the Heidelberg University. She trained at LMU and also earned her teaching qualification.
- Dr.Hoffman is a reputed interventional cardiologist with focus on catheter ablation of arrhythmias. She also treats heart failure, valvular heart disease, cardiovascular diseases and heart muscle disease among a host of other treatments.
- She has to her credit several scholarly articles of popular journals. She is the reviewer for the International Editorial Board of the European Heart Journal, Circulation, AEP, JACC, JACC EP, JICE and Europace. She is an editorial board member of Circulation EP and Europace.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Electrophysiologist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals