Mitral Valve Replacement Cost In GermanyChat
What is Mitral Valve Replacement?
Mitral Valve Replacement is a procedure in which the diseased mitral valve of a patient's heart is replaced by either a mechanical or tissue valve.
How is the Procedure Performed?
Mitral Valve Replacement procedure involves the removal of the defective mitral heart valve and replacing it with a new valve.
The surgery team will remove the heart-lung machine and will wire the breastbone back together. Later, the incision is stapled back to the skin.
Who is the Right Doctor for Mitral Valve Replacement?
The right doctor to consult for Mitral Valve Replacement is a Cardiac Surgeon.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The success rate varies between 82-95%.
Possible risks after Mitral Valve Replacement may be -
- Blood clots
- Valve dysfunction in replacement valves
- Infection, etc.
Cost related to Mitral Valve Replacement in Germany
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Mitral Valve Replacement||USD 36000 to USD 44000|
|Single Bypass and Valve Replacement||USD 16200 to USD 19800|
|Valve Replacement||USD 54000 to USD 66000|
Mitral Valve Replacement in Germany
Popular Cities in Germany for Mitral Valve Replacement are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Mitral Valve Replacement in GermanyFilter
Showing 33 Hospitals and doctors for Mitral Valve Replacement in Germany
Charite University Hospital
- The Charité University Hospital located in Berlin is one of Europe's most reputed and largest university hospitals affiliated with Humboldt University and Free University Berlin.
- Established in 1710, it is one of Germany's most research-intensive medical institutions, which was ranked by Focus as the best of over 1000 hospitals in Germany.
- In 2010, the clinic celebrated its 300th anniversary, and in 2019 and 2020, Newsweek ranked the Charité as the fifth-best hospital in the world and best in Europe.
- The hospitals has numerous Collaborative Research Centres (CRC) of the Deutsche Forschungsgmeinschaft.
- Charité treats more patients than any other university hospital in Germany with 692,920 outpatient cases and 152,693 inpatient cases in a year.
- From 2012 to 2020, more than half of all German Nobel Prize winners in Physiology or Medicine, including Emil von Behring, Robert Koch, and Paul Ehrlich have worked at the Charité.
- Several congressmen and diplomats have been treated at the Charité, including German Chancellor Angela Merkel, Yulia Tymoshenko from Ukraine, and, more recently, Russian opposition politician Alexei Navalny was treated here in August 2020.
Asklepios Hospital Barmbek, Hamburg
- Founded in 2005, Asklepios Hospital Barmbek is a part of the Asklepios medical group.
- The Asklepios group was founded in 1985 and is one of the largest networks of private clinics.
- All the hospitals of this group have in-house laboratories performing more than 18 million tests annually.
- The group is the first in Germany to be certified in accordance with the European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM).
- The hospital offers state-of-the-art treatments to more than 80,000 national and international patients.
- It has been granted numerous certifications for its extremely advanced medical standards.
- The hospital has been recognized as one of the best clinics in the world in the field of medical tourism by Alliance for Quality of Medical Tourism.
- It has been awarded a CTQ quality certificate, which indicates impeccable medical services.
- This clinic is one of the renowned hospitals for the treatment of liver diseases.
- It is one of the few hospitals in the world to use bactericidal action of copper surfaces, including copper light switches and copper handles to create a “hospital free from germs”.
- According to the Medical Travel Quality Alliance Quality (MTQUA), the hospital ranks among the top ten hospitals in the world in the field of medical tourism.
Vivantes Hospital Group
- The Vivantes Hospital Group is one of the largest state-owned healthcare companies operating around 100 medical departments and institutions, rehabilitation centers, 40 centers of excellence, primary healthcare facilities, 12 nursing facilities, and other outpatient and inpatient healthcare facilities in Berlin, Germany
- The Vivantes Hospital Group was founded in 2001 and the company runs 10 hospitals with a total capacity of nearly 6,000 beds and more than 17,000 employees, 2,300 of which are physicians.
- The Hospitals treat nearly 2,35,622 inpatients and 3,22,503 outpatients per year.
- An exceptional foreign department was established to assist all queries of international patients.
- It is the biggest state-owned hospital group in Berlin providing hospital care for about a third of patients in the city seeking inpatient care.
- Vivantes Clinic August-Victoria received the status of "Baby-friendly hospital" and Vivantes Humboldt and Vivantes Friedrichshain clinics were awarded the UNICEF Quality Awards.
- The tumor center of Vivantes consists of three cancer centers in the north, south, and in the center of Berlin. All three cancer centers are certified by the German Society for Hematology and Oncology (DGHO).
- The Federation for Environmental Protection and Nature Conservation of Germany (Bund Berlin) awarded the Vivantes Neukolln clinic status "Energy Saving Hospital".
Doctors for Mitral Valve Replacement in Germany
Cardiac SurgeonChief, 22 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Med. Henning Baberg is a cardiologist with 22+ years of experience.
- His areas of expertise include heart catheter, percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty, atrial appendage closure, rotablation, atrial septal defect closure and more.
- He is a member of the Medical Advisory Board of Helios Kliniken GmbH and Rector of the Medical School Berlin.
- Dr. Baberg has many publications under his name in both national and international medical journals.
- He completed his graduation from the renowned medical university of Germany.
- He also did training in the cardiology field under the worldwide-renowned doctors of the country.
Cardiac SurgeonSenior Consultant, 31 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. med. Sigrid Nikol is a cardiologist with 31+ years of experience.
- Her expertise includes Angiology, Thoracic and Cardiac Surgery and Vascular Surgery.
- She is a member of the German Angiology Society, the German Society for Arteriosclerosis Research, the German Society for Internal Medicine, the European Society of Cardiology (ESC), the German Cardiac Society, International Society for Cardiovascular Surgery and International Andreas Gruentzig Society.
- Dr. Nikol won several awards, including the Schwarz Monheim Prize from the German Angiology Society, the Prize for the best doctorate in the Cardiovascular Area of the Heart Center and the Dissertation Award of the University of Münster.
- She completed graduation and post-graduation from the esteemed university of Germany.
- She has many publications under her name in international journals.
Cardiac SurgeonHead of Department, 26 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. med. Michael Weyand is a cardiac surgeon with 26+ years of experience.
- His clinical interest includes CABG, minimally invasive heart valve surgery, heart transplantation, pacemaker implantation, defibrillator implantation and minimally invasive heart surgery.
- He completed graduation from Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich followed by post-graduation.
- Dr. Weyand and his team perform more than 1,600 surgeries on heart and blood vessels.
- He is a member of German Cardiac Society and European Society of Cardiology.
- He has more than 90+ publications under his name in national and international journals.
Mitral Valve Replacement Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Mitral Valve Replacement - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Mitral valve replacement surgery is being done to replace a poorly working mitral valve with an artificial valve. This surgery will help the blood flow through your heart and out of your body. In mitral valve replacement surgery the doctor will replace the poorly working mitral valve with an artificial valve.
Mitral valve replacement is needed only if the mitral valve is not working properly. Surgical repair of the mitral valve can be done. Some of the common conditions required for mitral valve replacement includes ischemic heart disease, infection of heart valves, heart failure and rheumatic fever.
When you prepare for surgery your doctor will decide which valve will be the best for you. Your surgeon will replace the valve with biological or mechanical valve. You should not eat or drink anything after midnight and before the surgery and avoid taking blood-thinning medicines.
During the Mitral Valve Replacement - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Some of the tests which you need to undergo before surgery includes chest x ray, ECG, blood tests, echocardiogram and coronary angiogram.
An incision is being made in the middle of your chest, to get access to your heart breast bone will be separated. Heart lung machine is being attached which acts as heart and lung during the procedure, then your surgeon will remove your current mitral heart valve and then replace it with a new valve. At last your breastbone will be stitched together.
After Mitral Valve Replacement - Most Frequently Asked Questions
After your mitral valve replacement you will be taken to the recovery room. You will immediately notice relief from symptoms. Tubes may be placed in your chest for breathing which can be uncomfortable. Bandages will be placed over the incision.
The risk of the surgery depends on your overall health, age and other factors. Some of the common risks of the procedure includes infection, bleeding, irregular heart rhythms, blood clots, anaesthesia complications, continuous leaking of valve. Some of the other risk of the procedure includes chronic illness, lung problems, obesity, infections, higher age
You will feel some soreness, but you shouldn’t feel severe pain. If you need it, you can ask for pain medicine.
You are required to stay in hospital for 5 days after surgery.
You should avoid lifting heavy objects for few weeks after surgery. Before going for any medical or dental procedure inform your doctor about it. Follow all the instructions given by your doctor to prevent infection.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Cardiac Surgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Mitral Valve Replacement
FAQ videos related to Mitral Valve Replacement
More searches related to Mitral Valve Replacement
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Mitral Valve Replacement in other countries, compared to Germany?
Approximate price of Mitral Valve Replacement in other countries compared to Germany is:
- India, USD 4960 to USD 7440, approximately 85% lower than Germany
- Turkey, USD 9600 to USD 14400, approximately 70% lower than Germany
- Thailand, USD 8800 to USD 13200, approximately 73% lower than Germany
- Israel, USD 27200 to USD 40800, approximately 15% lower than Germany
- Singapore, USD 21600 to USD 32400, approximately 33% lower than Germany
- Malaysia, USD 9920 to USD 14880, approximately 69% lower than Germany