Meningioma Treatment Cost In IndiaChat
What is Meningioma?
Meningioma is a non-cancerous tumour of the brain and spinal cord membrane.
There is a three-layer covering beneath the skull on the brain and spinal cord. When a tumour grows in these layers, it is called Meningioma.
It is primarily benign and shows signs and symptoms according to its size.
If the tumour is small and slow-growing, it might not need any intervention.
The sign and symptoms include -
- Changes in vision,
- Hearing loss
How is the Procedure Performed?
Many approaches are available for treating Meningioma based on the size and location of the tumour; a wait-and-watch approach is needed when the tumour is small in size and slow-growing.
If the tumour is giant and causing a lot of discomfort, then surgery, either craniotomy or microsurgery, is done to remove the tumour and cancer cells.
If some part of the cancer is left post-surgery, Radiation Therapy is needed by either SRS (Stereotactic Radiosurgery) or Fractional Radiosurgery.
Chemotherapy is rarely used in such cases; however, if the tumour is not responding to any other treatment, then chemotherapy is done.
Who is the Right Doctor for Meningioma Treatment?
The right doctor for treating Meningioma is a neurologist, head and neck surgeon, neurosurgeon, spine surgeon, and radiation oncologist.
What tests are required?
Meningioma is often challenging to diagnose as vague symptoms, and small size goes unnoticed. However, tests required for the diagnosis of Meningioma are -
- CT scans
- MRI (Magnetic resonance Imagining)
- In some cases, a biopsy may also be required.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
A ten-year survival rate for Meningioma is around 60%. It largely depends upon the patient's age and the nature of cancer.
In malignant cases, the survival rate dips to 50%.
The cost of Meningioma includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost may include [CT Scan or MRI of the brain]
Surgery cost (Depends upon the type and size of the tumour and the extent to which the tumour has spread)
Type of surgery [Craniotomy, Endoscopic Endonasal Surgery, Neuroendoscopic Surgery, or Spinal Surgery]
Post-Operative cost [there might be a need for Chemotherapy or Radiotherapy before or post-surgery]
Patient's hospital stay [can range from a few days to a couple of weeks]
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
The stage and type of cancer
Patients may require repeated investigation through PET CT and related tests Post-surgery / Chemotherapy / Radiation Therapy
Any additional tests may be required, such as ECG or blood tests
An extended stay at the Hospital
Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident [may take longer duration in case of chemotherapy or radiotherapy sessions]
Cost related to Meningioma Treatment in India
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Meningioma||Rs.222000 to Rs.296000|
Top hospitals and doctors for Meningioma Treatment in IndiaFilter
Showing 132 Hospitals and doctors for Meningioma Treatment in India
- Established in 1996, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital is NABL and JCI accredited.
- Apollo Group offers 10,000 beds across 64 hospitals, more than 2,200 pharmacies, over 100 primary care & diagnostic clinics and 115 telemedicine units across 9 countries.
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital has 52 specialties under one roof.
- Major specialities of the hospital include Anaesthesia, Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery, Cancer, Paediatrics, Critical Care, Emergency Care, Fetal Medicine, Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Interventional Radiology, IVF, Liver and Kidney Transplant, Nuclear Medicine, Nephrology, Neurosciences, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, Otolaryngology (ENT), Paediatrics, Pediatric Surgery, Psychiatry and Clinical Psychology, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Respiratory & Sleep Medicine, Rheumatology, Spine Surgery, Urology and Andrology and Vascular and Endovascular Surgery.
- First hospital in India to perform a Paediatric Liver Transplant in 1998.
- The hospital ranked first in Neurosciences, Renal Sciences, Oncology, Paediatrics, Gynaecology and Obstetrics & Emergency in The Times Of India Healthcare Survey 2016.
- It has also ranked the 6th Best Private Hospital in India for Cardiology by The WEEK in the Best Hospital Survey 2013 conducted by A C Nielsen.
- Awarded a Special Commendation for the Golden Peacock Environment Management Award by a jury chaired by Justice P. N. Bhagwati and Former Chief Justice of India for the hospital's environmental practices.
The neurosurgical experts deliver the superlative degree of clinical care with a focus on using minimally invasive techniques whenever possible.
The team is highly skilled in treating conditions such as a cerebral aneurysm, Arteriovenous Malformations, Subarachnoid Haemorrhage, Metastatic Spinal Column Tumours etc
The neurosurgery is well-armed with the modern equipment to perform deep brain stimulation, brain aneurysm coiling, brain and spinal arteriovenous malformations embolization, intracranial angioplasty and stenting and many more.
Presently, the latest neuro intervention implants are being deployed such as Flow diverters, Liquid embolization agents like Squid and Phil, low profile intracranial stents and newer intracranial balloons.
Approximately 250-300 neurointerventional procedures are conducted each year.
Dr.Vijay K Dixit, one of the best neurosurgeons in India, works with the hospital has an experience of about 18 years.
So far, he has performed about 10,000 spinal and neural angiograms, 2000 neuro-intervention procedures and more than 1400 aneurysm coiling procedures.
- Established in 1991, Manipal Hospital is the third largest healthcare network in India.
- It is NABH and NABL (ISQUA) accredited.
- It is also ISO 9001:2008 certified for all comprehensive protocols including clinical, nursing, diagnostics and allied areas.
- Manipal Hospitals have 5 branches in Bangalore: Whitefield, Brookefield, Old Airport Road, Malleshwaram and Jayanagar.
- Offers more than 60 specialties under one roof.
- Manipal Hospital Whitefield is 284-bedded inpatient facility.
- It is also accredited with the AAHRPP Accreditation (Association for the Accreditation of the Human Research Protection Programs)
- The hospital is rated the Most Patient Recommended Hospital in India by the Consumer Voice.
- It is ranked as the Best Hospital in Bangalore for the past 8 years by The Week Magazine.
- Ranked among the top 5 hospitals in “INDIA’S MOST CARING HOSPITALS” survey.
- Won the prestigious Golden Peacock National Quality Award 2005 in the Service category.
Doctors for Meningioma Treatment in India
NeurosurgeonDirector, 27 years of experience
- Dr Sandeep Vaishya is one of the top Neurosurgeons in India.
- He has 27+ years of experience in the field & has been associated with some of the best hospitals in India.
- His specializations are Intracranial Brain Tumour Surgery, Deep Brain Stimulation Surgery, Skull Base Surgery, Brain Surgery, General Surgery, Minimally Invasive Brain, Spine Surgery & Image-Guided Neurosurgery, Peripheral Nerve Surgery, and Brachial Plexus Surgery.
- Dr. Vaishya has completed his MBBS & MS from the well-known G R Medical College, Gwalior. Following which he did his MCh at the prestigious AIIMS, Delhi.
- He is an awardee of the Sundt Fellowship at Mayo Clinic, USA.
- He is one of the leading surgeons in the world for brachial plexus Injuries and in South Asia for Gamma Knife Surgery.
- He did several successful surgeries in the field of neurosurgery.
- Dr. Vaishya's treatment for Hydrocephalus was also featured in the popular Netflix documentary Rooting for Roona.
Cost of consultation for Meningioma Treatment with Dr. Sandeep Vaishya starts from INR 2000.
NeurosurgeonConsultant, 19 years of experience
- Dr Arun Saroha is a renowned brain & spine surgeons in India.
- With an experience of over 19 years, he is one of the first few to perform Scoliosis surgery in India.
- On completing his MS from RNT Medical College, Udaipur, he did his Mch (Neurosurgery) from the renowned PGI Chandigarh.
- He has more than 8000 brain and spine surgeries to his credit.
- He is a visiting faculty to various famous organisations like Ferdinand Church University, Nigeria, Baghdad University ,Baghdad,
- Dr Arun as his expertise in Brain Tumour Surgery, Brain Aneurysms, Spine Surgeries, Spine Instrumentation surgeries, Management of head injury patients.
Cost of consultation for Meningioma Treatment with Dr. Arun Saroha starts from INR 1400.
NeurosurgeonDirector, 24 years of experience
- Dr. Rana Patir is one of the eminent Neurosurgeons in India for all kinds of brain surgeries like brain tumor surgery, deep brain stimulation surgery, surgery for meningioma, and brain stem tumor surgery.
- Expertise’s Epilepsy Surgery, Pediatric Neurosurgery, Neuromodulation (for pain management), Skull Base Surgery, Neurovascular Surgery, and Minimal Invasive Brain & Spine Surgeries which include Fusion and Fixation, Kyphoplasty, Disc Replacement Surgery, sleep disorders etc.
- He has 25 years of experience in the field specializing in Brain Tumor Surgeries.
- He has over 10,000 neurological procedures to his credit.
- He is a professor of Neurology at the Guwahati Medical College.
- He has been a teaching faculty at AIIMS and at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi, and has been the Director of the Neurosurgery Department at Max Hospital, New Delhi, India.
- Interests are Spine Surgery, Endoscopic Surgery, Stereotactic Surgery for movement disorders, Surgery at Craniovertebral Junction, Extra Cranial-Intra Cranial Bypass Surgery, Complex Head and Neck Procedures, Reconstructive Surgery, Neurosurgery, Skull Base Surgery, and Epilepsy
Cost of consultation for Meningioma Treatment with Dr. Rana Patir starts from INR 1675.
Meningioma Treatment Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Meningioma cost in different cities in India?
The price for Meningioma in different cities in India is approximately in the range of:
- New Delhi: Rs.187590 to Rs.293410
- Gurgaon: Rs.192400 to Rs.288600
- Noida: Rs.180375 to Rs.300625
- Chennai: Rs.192400 to Rs.276575
- Mumbai: Rs.197210 to Rs.293410
- Bangalore: Rs.187590 to Rs.283790
- Kolkata: Rs.180375 to Rs.271765
- Jaipur: Rs.168350 to Rs.269360
- Mohali: Rs.173160 to Rs.408850
- Ahmedabad: Rs.161135 to Rs.266955
- Hyderabad: Rs.185185 to Rs.281385
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Neurosurgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Meningioma
What is the price of Meningioma in other countries, compared to India?
Approximate price of Meningioma in other countries compared to India is:
- Turkey, USD 12000 to USD 18000, approximately 200% higher than India
- Thailand, USD 10800 to USD 16200, approximately 170% higher than India
- Germany, USD 14400 to USD 21600, approximately 260% higher than India
- Malaysia, USD 8000 to USD 12000, approximately 100% higher than India