Liver Transplant Cost In United Arab EmiratesChat
What is Liver Transplant?
Liver Transplant or hepatic transplantation is the process of replacing complete or a part of a diseased liver with the healthy liver from a donor. conditions like end-stage liver disease and acute liver failure, has Liver transplantation as a only treatment option sometimes.
Although availability of a healthy donor organs is a major limitation.
Liver is the largest internal organ and performs several critical functions, like processing nutrients, medications and hormones.
Liver produces bile, which helps the body absorb fats, cholesterol and fat-soluble vitamins. It also makes proteins that help the blood clot, remove bacteria and toxins from the blood thus preventing infection and regulating immune response of the body.
How is the Procedure Performed?
Liver transplant procedure can be of two types based on donor, either deceased donor or living donor.
In deceased liver transplant, the complete liver is taken out from the cadaver and is placed into recipient's body.
Whereas in case of living donor, only a part of liver can be transplanted which will later regrow and become fully functional in few weeks.
After placing the donor liver the bile duct and vessels are attached to it and patient is put under observation for further healing and regeneration.
Who is the Right Doctor for Liver Transplant?
The right doctor for liver transplant surgery is a Gastroenterologist, Hepatologist or Liver Transplant Surgeon.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
In general, around 75% of people who undergo liver transplant surgery, live for at least five years. That means, for every 100 people who undergoe a liver transplant, around 75 of them will live for more than five years and 25 will die within five years.
The cost of a Liver Transplant includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost [some tests that may be required, including blood tests (Bilirubin, Prothrombin Time, Creatinine, Albumin), a chest X-ray, an electrocardiogram (EKG), and an abdominal ultrasound]
The surgery cost package includes donor liver resection and liver transplant to the patient.
Post-Operative cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
Medicine cost (Immunosuppressants, Pain Killers, Antibiotics, etc.)
Cost of immunosuppressant injections (if required)
Patient's hospital stay
Donor's hospital stay
Note: Extra care is needed after Liver Transplant since there is a risk of infection, so the patient may need to stay in a sterile environment during recovery.
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing or single room)
The severity of the disease
Additional tests may be needed, like Tissue Biopsy
Post-surgical complication, if it happens (such as bleeding, rejection of the donated liver, etc.)
Cost of Blood products (if required)
An extended stay at the Hospital due to any health reason apart from the package stay period
Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Liver Transplant in United Arab Emirates
Popular Cities in United-arab-emirates for Liver Transplant are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Liver Transplant in United Arab EmiratesFilter
Showing 25 Hospitals and doctors for Liver Transplant in United Arab Emirates
Life Care Hospital, Abu Dhabi
- Founded in 2007, LifeCare is a multispeciality hospital based in Abu Dhabi providing the highest level of medical excellence, it was established by Dr. Shamsheer Vayalil and is accredited by JCL(Joint Commission International).
- The hospital deals with different specialties such as cardiology, neurology, ENT, Pulmonology, Gastroenterology, Opthalmology, Gynecology, etc. The team comprises skilled general and specialty medical practitioners, nurses, technologists along with personnel having extensive experience.
- It is a 200 bedded Hospital and offers a different category of rooms depending on patient requirements such as Regular suites, VIP rooms, Private single rooms, Semi-Private Rooms, and Isolation Rooms.
- The healthcare institution has a team of over 5000 employees providing quality care to over 2 million people for 13 years and is well equipped with all the latest treatment modalities.
Fakeeh University Hospital, Dubai
- Fakeeh University Hospital is a multi-speciality hospital launched in 2018 by the Fakeeh Care Group, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
- The hospital is a leading choice when it comes to primary, secondary and tertiary healthcare for patients that offers treatments across +20 specialities.
- Fakeeh University Hospital is a Smart Hospital, fully equipped with cutting-edge technology and smart systems to meet the unique needs of the hospital and patients. The hospital has fully integrated electronic medical records, supports improvements to the quality and efficiency of healthcare services for patients and the general public. It also uses integrated virtual, home and hospital visit for patient convenience and care.
- The hospital is constructed over 1 million square feet area and has a capacity of 350 beds, 35 adult ICU beds, 10 Pediatric ICU beds, 15 NICU beds and the largest emergency department in the private sector spread across 35,000 square feet.
- The hospital can handle a capacity of 7,00,000 patients a year.
- Some of the other facilities at the hospital include, 24* 7 Emergency Care, Cath Lab, Inpatient Services Facilities, Intensive Care Unit, Laboratory Pharmacy and Outpatient Services Facilities. Some of its specialised medical services, the hospital now offers, Occupational Health Screenings, COVID-19 Screening Patient Focused Clinics, FUH Life and FUH Life.
- The hospital uses innovative diagnostic technology, advanced data-assisted and automated medication dispensing systems, which combined with leading medical expertise, makes patient diagnoses and care precise and efficient.
- The medical professionals at Fakeeh University Hospital are highly experienced with advanced medical knowledge. The medical staff is also skilled, congenial, empathic and truly concerned about patients.
- The hospital building is planned as a 100% green building structure with ample green spaces, water bodies and natural light. It is promoted as a completely smoke-free healthcare facility.
- The interiors are pleasing and aesthetically done.
- The premises are spotlessly clean.
- Fakeeh University Hospital is also a teaching hospital set up to provide world-class medical education and also to enable the recovery of patients by bringing the outcomes of advanced research to them.
- The hospital will be a benchmark to foster ties for medical collaboration and international affiliations. It will combine medical education with evidence-based medicine in a modern environment.
NMC Speciality Hospital, Abu Dhabi
- NMC Speciality Hospital, Abu Dhabi is a multi-speciality hospital providing the best and quality healthcare services to people in Abu Dhabi and its surrounding areas.
- It is part of NMC Healthcare which is the largest private healthcare company in the UAE and world-famous as a leading fertility service providers.
- With more than 32 specialities, this Hospital is also known for its Advanced Cancer Care and Weight loss programme.
- Its high standard quality and excellent patient service are accredited by the JCI. It is also accredited by the World Endoscopy Organisation (WEO), and the Asia Pacific Hernia Society (APHS).
- It has tie-ups with national and international insurance companies like the International SOS, Allianz insurance, Cigna etc to ensure easy and efficient billing services to patients.
- It is a member of the Dubai Health Experience and Abu Dhabi Medical Tourism.
- It is declared a COVID-19 free Hospital by the local authorities also ensuring to maintain all COVID care protocols at the same time.
- It has a dedicated international patient team that ensures smooth assistance from the moment of registration to post-operation follow-up.
Doctors for Liver Transplant in United Arab Emirates
Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary SurgeonConsultant, 15 years of experience
- Dr. Rakesh Rai is one of the renowned Hepato-Pancrato-Biliary & Transplant Surgeons.
- He has an experience of over 15+ years of and has worked with some of the most renowned transplant centres in the world.
- Dr Rai has completed his MBBS from Patna University & MS (General Surgery) from the University of Mumbai. Following which he did his MD from the University of Newcastle.
- He has received training in HPB surgery and abdominal organ transplantation from some of the eminent centres in the UK like Royal Free Hospital, London, Freeman Hospital, Newcastle and Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham.
- His areas of specialization are Liver resection for benign and cancerous liver tumors, gall bladder cancer, Surgeries of the stomach, duodenum, small and large intestine, kidney transplants, etc.
- Dr Rai has finished his American Society of Transplant Surgeons (ASTS) & an accredited fellowship at Methodist Transplant Institute at Memphis.
- He also has experience in living donor liver transplantation at Asan Medical centre, Samsung Medical centre in Seoul, Korea.
- Dr Rai is regularly invited to speak in some of the well-known scientific meetings in India as well as abroad.
- Dr Rai has his expertise in hepato-biliary-pancreatic surgery and solid organ transplantation (liver, kidney and pancreas).
- He has multiple publications in eminent journals and has reviewed articles for eminent journals.
Cost of consultation for Liver Transplant with Dr Rakesh Rai starts from INR 1500.
Liver Transplant Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Liver Transplant - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Rejection is your body's way of not accepting the transplant. Although rejection is most common in the first six months after surgery, it can occur at any time.
A liver transplant is surgery to replace a diseased liver with a healthy liver from another person. A whole liver may be transplanted, or just part of one.The liver is the only organ in the body that can replace lost or injured tissue (regenerate). The donor's liver will soon grow back to normal size after surgery.
In general, about 75% of people who undergo liver transplant live for at least five years.
The age limit is individualized as it varies with a patient's overall health condition. However, it is rare to offer liver transplant to someone greater than 70 years old.
Attested birth certificate of the patient and the donor, Attested family records of the patient and the donor, Passport copies of the patient and the donor and in case of a married donor, an attested consent of the donor's husband/wife. There could be other documents specific to your case, and you must talk about it in detail with your case manager.
Liver transplant is the procedure which is used for replacing the diseased part of the liver with the healthy part of the liver called as donor.
Liver transplant is needed in case of some conditions such as chronic hepatitis with cirrhosis, primary biliary cholangitis, sclerosing cholangitis, alcohol overuse, liver cancer, wilsons disease and hemochromatosis.
The chances of living after liver transplant is 89%. In some cases the transplanted liver can fail or the original disease may come.
The result of liver transplant is excellent, most people have lead a normal life even after 30 years after surgery.
You are not eligible for liver transplant if your age is 65 years or more than it and you are having severe obesity with disease such as hepatitis B.
Most people who undergone liver transplant can live for more than 10 years and many patients can live for 20 years or even more than it. According to a study it is said that 90% of people who have undergone liver transplant has survived for one year or even more.
During the Liver Transplant - Most Frequently Asked Questions
The duration of the surgery ranges from 4 to 18 hours depending on outcome.
After the liver transplant, patients will be in the intensive care unit for two days. After that, they are in the regular part of the hospital for about eight to ten days.
Liver transplant is a major surgery it will take around six to twelve hours to complete.
In liver transplant the surgeon first operate on the donor part of your liver by removing the portion of liver required for transplant. Then the surgeon removes the disease part of your liver and place the donated part of your liver and then blood vessels and bile ducts are connected to new liver. The following steps are being followed during liver transplant surgery:
- An incision is made in your abdomen
- Blood vessels are being cut off to the diseased part of your liver
- Diseased liver is removed and then it is replaced with a healthy donor liver
- Reattach the bile ducts and blood vessels.
- At last it is attached to the bile ducts and blood vessels and the incisions are closed.
After Liver Transplant - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Liver transplant patients will need to take some combination of medications for life after their transplant.
You will definitely have some pain after liver transplant but the pain is not severe just like other abdominal surgeries because the nerves which are disconnected during the initial abdominal incisions causes numbness of the skin and near the abdomen and the nerves regenerate in six months after surgery.
The recovery time after liver transplant will be of six months or more before you are completely healed. You will be able to do your normal activities and go back to work within a few months after surgery.
Complications of liver transplant includes acute graft rejection, vascular thrombosis, biliary leak or stricture, infection and malignancy.
If your body rejects liver transplant then your body may experience some mild symptoms for it initially such as having high fever, increased liver function tests, yellowing of the eyes and skin and fatigue.
There are very less chances of rejection in liver transplant, only 30 out of 100 patients have suffered from rejection. The risk of rejection after liver transplant is very high in the first six months after transplant because at this time there is less chance that your body will recognise liver coming from another person.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Liver Transplant Surgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals