Kidney Transplant Cost In United Arab EmiratesChat
What is Kidney Transplant?
A kidney transplant is a procedure of taking out a healthy kidney from a donor and placing it in the body of a patient whose kidneys have failed. It is a more suitable option than dialysis as it has better outcomes.
How is the Procedure Performed?
In Kidney Transplant Surgery donor's kidney is placed in the lower part of the abdomen and then its blood vessels and urine tube is attached to the bladder.
Usually, the procedure takes 2-3 hours to finish and is done under general anesthesia.
The surgeon makes a diagonal incision on either side of the body depending on the case. In general, the recipient's own kidney is left untouched in the body unless it is infected.
Who is the Right Doctor for Kidney Transplant?
For Kidney Transplant surgery, a team of experienced Nephrologists, urologists, and general anesthesiologists is required.
What tests are required?
Tests required before performing a kidney transplant are blood typing, tissue typing, and cross-matching other than regular physical examination and medical history check.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
Many factors play an essential role in the success of a kidney transplant, such as age and the co-existence of other diseases like diabetes, hypertension, etc.
Robotic kidney transplant or RAKT (Robot-Assisted Kidney Transplant ) is a minimally invasive and the most advanced form of surgery.
The cost of Kidney Transplant includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost [some tests that may be required, including blood typing, tissue typing, and cross-matching]
The surgery cost package includes donor kidney resection and kidney transplant to the patient.
Post-Operative cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
Medicine cost (Immunosuppressants, Pain Killers, Antibiotics, etc.)
Cost of immunosuppressant injections (if required)
Patient's hospital stay
Donor's hospital stay
Note: Extra care is needed after a kidney Transplant since there is a risk of infection, so the patient may need to stay in a sterile environment during recovery.
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
The severity of the disease
Additional tests may be needed, like Tissue Biopsy
Post-surgical complication, if it happens (such as bleeding, rejection of the donated kidney, etc.)
Cost of Blood products (if required)
An extended stay at the Hospital due to any health reason apart from the package stay period
Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Help Us With Patient Details
Images Related To Kidney Transplant
Post Kidney Transplant care.
Kidney Transplant Surgery
Before and after of Kidney Transplant.
Stages of Chronic Kidney disease.
Overview of Kidney Transplant.
Kidney Transplant treatment.
Procedure for Kidney Transplant.
Top hospitals and doctors for Kidney Transplant in United Arab EmiratesFilter
Showing 25 Hospitals and doctors for Kidney Transplant in United Arab Emirates
NMC Speciality Hospital, Al Nadah
- NMC Speciality Hospital, Al Nadah is part of NMC Healthcare which is the largest private healthcare company in the UAE and is one of the leading fertility service providers in the world.
- Being a multi-speciality hospital it aims to provide the best healthcare facility and services to the people of Dubai and the Northern Emirates.
- It has 52 specialities including Orthopaedic, Spine and Joint Surgery, Advance & Minimally Invasive Surgery, Ayurveda, Podiatry, Lactation Services, Speech Therapy etc.
- The Hospital has a well-equipped laboratory and state of the art equipment.
- The hospital serves as the referral centre of choice for smaller medical centres and clinics in Dubai and surrounding areas.
- The in-house pharmacy is open 24 hours every day of the week and Specialist doctors are available for consultation and treatment round-the-clock.
- NMC Healthcare has won several awards and recognitions such as Gold Stevie Award 2016, Superbrands 2016-2017, Sheikh Khalifa Excellence Award 2016-2017 to name a few.
- It has an International patients Centre that is a dedicated team of internationally trained and certified medical experts, assisted by trained nurses and paramedics who are known for their high-standard and quality care.
- It has tie-ups with international health insurances such as Allianz, Henner, Inter mutuelles Assistance, Deutsche Assistance etc.
- It is a member of Dubai Health Experience.
- It is accredited by JCI and the Asian Society of Hernia Surgery.
Thumbay Hospital, Dubai
- Thumbay Hospital, Dubai was established in 2015 as a multi-speciality hospital and is one of the five such hospitals of the Thumbay Group.
- Thumbay Hospital, Dubai is a leading choice of patients as it has earned a reputation for offering world-class healthcare to people from across the globe. The hospital boasts of having treated patients from +175 countries and is accredited by the Ministry of Health, UAE, the Medical Tourism Association, Association of Academic Health Centers, the International Hospital Federation and the Asian Hospital Federation among others.
- It has also received the Dubai Quality Appreciation Award, Dubai Human Development & Appreciation Award and Sheikh Khalifa Excellence Award.
- The doctors and medical staff themselves hail from +20 different countries and speak over 50 languages.
- Thumbay Hospital, Dubai is accredited by the International Board of Medicine & Surgery, the International Hospital Federation and the Medical Tourism Association and other bodies too.
- There are +20 specialities at the JCI-accredited hospital.
- The facility has a capacity of 150 beds and has a dedicated Marhaba Lounge which is set up to offer personalised care in less time. This is a dedicated service aimed at minimising time loss and inconvenience of patients. Patients opting for this package are given priority with registration, consultation, examination/diagnosis, surgeries, documentation and billing, thus making the patient's health visit at Thumbay Hospital a pleasant experience.
- Thumbay Hospital, Dubai is equipped with the latest medical equipments such as, Picture Archiving and Communication System for radiology, labs that are accredited by the College of American Pathologists, individual waiting rooms for men and women and category-wise wards as per the budget of the patient.
- The hospital's dedicated medical tourism section offers services to overseas patients by resolving their queries and addressing other concerns.
- The hospital is modern and equipped with Wifi. It is clean, spacious and has shops, ATMs and a lounge area.
Al Zahra Hospital, Dubai
- Al Zahra Hospital, Dubai is one of the pioneering healthcare providers that serves both national and international patients with personalised and evidence-based medical care.
- It is a multispecialty hospital with JCI accreditations. It is also CAP Accredited.
- The physicians are highly-skilled with board certification and accreditation and from different parts of the globe.
- It provides a high standard medical and surgical treatment with state-of-the-art technologies to ensure patients receive world-class care and exceptional comfort.
- It is a choice of destination for people from the GCC, North and West Africa, China and some European countries for preventive, tertiary, and secondary healthcare needs.
- Some of its numerous achievements and awards include Service Olympian Awards, 2017 Stevie Silver Winner on International Business, 2018 Winner of Annual Health Magazine Awards.
- It is a member of the Dubai Health Experience.
- It has a partnership with insurance agencies like NOW Health International, NEXT Care, NAS, Mednet etc
Doctors for Kidney Transplant in United Arab Emirates
NephrologistSenior Consultant, 18 years of experience
- Leading Nephrologist Dr Bassam Hasan has more than 18 years of experience in medicine.
- He's an expert in treating Acute and Chronic kidney disease, Renal replacement therapy, Hypertensive and Diabetic Nephropathy.
- He is a member of the Slovenian Society of Nephrology and the Emirates Medical Association.
- Dr Bassam Hasan graduated from Pavol Jozef Safarik University, Slovak Republic with MBBS (2001).
- He obtained MS (2006) and MD (2007) from Slovak Health University, Slovak Republic.
NephrologistSenior Consultant, 25 years of experience
- A noted Nephrologist with more than 25 years of experience, Dr Hany Bahy Gad.
- His interests are Chronic and Acute kidney disease, Hemodialysis, Renal transplant, Glomerular diseases, Peritoneal dialysis and more.
- He is a member of the Egyptian Board of Nephrology and the Emirates Medical Association.
- Dr Hany Bahy Gad graduated from Ain Shams University, Egypt with MBBS and MD.
- He completed a clinic Fellowship in Adult Nephrology from the Egyptian Board in Nephrology in 2007.
Cosmetic SurgeonConsultant, 20 years of experience
- Dr. Alya Al Mazrouei has been a General Surgeon with +20 years of experience in performing various general surgeries. She is also a laparoscopic, Hemicolectomy, Cosmetic and a kidney transplant surgeon.
- In 1999, she did her MD from the United Arab Emirates and then pursued her PG at the University Hospital of Geneva, Switzerland. She also has a fellowship in pancreatic islets and kidney transplantation.
- Dr. Mazrouei is particularly interested in, visceral obesity and proctology surgery.
- She is immensely reputed to perform general abdominal surgeries, laparoscopic abdominal surgeries, obesity and metabolic surgeries and proctology surgeries. Some of the other procedures performed by her are, hemicolectomy, appendectomy, Whipple's Procedure, oncological surgeries, cosmetic surgeries, kidney transplants and laparoscopic hernia repair and gall bladder removal.
Kidney Transplant Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Kidney Transplant - Most Frequently Asked Questions
If your serum creatinine is significantly high (> 5mg%) or if you are already on dialysis then you are a likely candidate for kidney transplant.
Before you are put on dialysis (pre emptive Kidney transplant).
First step is to search for a blood group matching donor with family (up to second degree relative within family)
ABO incompatible kidney transplant can be offered. But the initial risk of rejection is high. Thereby, additional treatment strategy needed and this also add to the cost of blood matching transplant.
First, Blood group for patient and donor and secondly, cross match between patient and donor.
Recipeint is admitted for 10 days while donor for about 4 days.
Unfortunately, cadaveric kidney donor is NOT offered to foreigners in India
Robotic Kidney transplant is now offered at some of the center of excellence for kidney tranplant program.
Kidney failure patients of any age group including children can get a transplant done , the only criteria being they should be medically and psychologically fit for surgery .
Immunosuppressant medicines will be given and this will cost about 100 USD per month.The medicines wil be supervised by your local nephrologist.
YES,after one year of transplant a female can plan for pregnancy.
Kidney transplant is a surgical procedure which is being used for replacing a healthy kidney from a living or deceased donor into the kidney of a person whose kidney is not functioning properly.
Kidney transplant is the treatment of choice for the patients having kidney failure, this can treatment of choice for people having chronic kidney disease or end-stage renal disease. Kidney transplant can give you a better quality of life, lower death risk, few restrictions on diet
You cannot go for kidney transplant if you are in higher age, severe heart disease, history of alcohol or drug and dementia.
Kidney transplant have its own advantage and disadvantage, some studies have shown that patients who have undergone kidney transplant are able to live longer life than patients for dialysis. Many patient who have undergone kidney transplant have improved their quality of life as compared to those being on dialysis.
You may experience some pain or soreness at the site of incision during healing, while you are in hospital the doctor will monitor you to prevent complications.
The risk of kidney transplant includes infection, bleeding , and even damage to the surrounding organs.
During the Kidney Transplant - Most Frequently Asked Questions
The surgery takes 3 to 5 hours.
Kidney transplant surgery usually takes around three to four hours to complete under general anaesthesia.
Before kidney transplant tests are done to check if the donor kidney matches with your body. For check whether kidney transplant is a good option the new kidney will be very similar to the other organs and tissues of your body.
In the process of kidney transplant the surgeon will make an incision in the lower part of your abdomen and then places new kidney in your body. kidneys are left in place till they are causing complications such as high blood pressure, kidney stones, pain or infection. The blood vessels of the kidneys are being attached to the blood vessels in the lower part of your abdomen. The new kidney which links kidney to bladder is connected.
After Kidney Transplant - Most Frequently Asked Questions
A balanced diet includes a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables, lean meats, reduced-fat dairy products, whole grains, and plenty of water. Additionally, you may need to avoid eating certain types of foods.
Most kidney transplant recipients can return to work and other normal activities within eight weeks after transplant.
The patients who receive kidney transplant usually live longer than who are on dialysis. A living donor functions for 12 to 20 years, while a cadaveric donor kidney works for 8 to 12 years.
After an organ transplant, you will need to take immunosuppressant (anti-rejection) drugs. These drugs help prevent your immune system from attacking ("rejecting") the donor organ. Typically they must be taken for the lifetime of your transplanted organ.
Some possible long-term risks of donating a kidney may include high blood pressure (hypertension), large amount of protein in the urine, hernia, organ impairment or failure that leads to the need for dialysis or transplantation.
Attested birth certificate of the patient and the donor, Attested family records of the patient and the donor, Passport copies of the patient and the donor and in case of a married donor, an attested consent of the donor's husband/wife. There could be other documents specific to your case, and you must talk about it in detail with your case manager.
People who stop dialysis may live anywhere from few months to 5 years, depending on the amount of kidney function they have left and their overall medical condition.
As patient regains energy they can resume the sexual activity.
Kidney transplant increases the life expectancy of a patient till 40 years.
The recovery of kidney transplant takes 4-5 days if no complications is seen. The duration of stay depends on your need and medical condition.
When kidney transplant is done your kidney will filter blood and there is no longer need for any dialysis. You will need some medications to suppress your immune system so that your body cannot reject the donor kidney.
You should prevent yourself from infections, take vaccination, improve your dietary habits, avoid your drinking and smoking habits.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Nephrologist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals