Kidney Transplant Cost In United Arab EmiratesChat
What is Kidney Transplant?
A kidney transplant is a procedure of taking out a healthy kidney from a donor and placing it in the body of a patient whose kidneys have failed. It is a more suitable option than dialysis as it has better outcomes.
How is the Procedure Performed?
In Kidney Transplant Surgery donor's kidney is placed in the lower part of the abdomen and then its blood vessels and urine tube is attached to the bladder.
Usually, the procedure takes 2-3 hours to finish and is done under general anesthesia.
The surgeon makes a diagonal incision on either side of the body depending on the case. In general, the recipient's own kidney is left untouched in the body unless it is infected.
Who is the Right Doctor for Kidney Transplant?
For Kidney Transplant surgery, a team of experienced Nephrologists, urologists, and general anesthesiologists is required.
What tests are required?
Tests required before performing a kidney transplant are blood typing, tissue typing, and cross-matching other than regular physical examination and medical history check.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
Many factors play an essential role in the success of a kidney transplant, such as age and the co-existence of other diseases like diabetes, hypertension, etc.
Robotic kidney transplant or RAKT (Robot-Assisted Kidney Transplant ) is a minimally invasive and the most advanced form of surgery.
The cost of Kidney Transplant includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost [some tests that may be required, including blood typing, tissue typing, and cross-matching]
The surgery cost package includes donor kidney resection and kidney transplant to the patient.
Post-Operative cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
Medicine cost (Immunosuppressants, Pain Killers, Antibiotics, etc.)
Cost of immunosuppressant injections (if required)
Patient's hospital stay
Donor's hospital stay
Note: Extra care is needed after a kidney Transplant since there is a risk of infection, so the patient may need to stay in a sterile environment during recovery.
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
The severity of the disease
Additional tests may be needed, like Tissue Biopsy
Post-surgical complication, if it happens (such as bleeding, rejection of the donated kidney, etc.)
Cost of Blood products (if required)
An extended stay at the Hospital due to any health reason apart from the package stay period
Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Images Related To Kidney Transplant
Post Kidney Transplant care.
Kidney Transplant Surgery
Before and after of Kidney Transplant.
Stages of Chronic Kidney disease.
Overview of Kidney Transplant.
Kidney Transplant treatment.
Procedure for Kidney Transplant.
Top hospitals and doctors for Kidney Transplant in United Arab EmiratesFilter
Showing 25 Hospitals and doctors for Kidney Transplant in United Arab Emirates
- Fakeeh University Hospital is a multi-speciality hospital launched in 2018 by the Fakeeh Care Group, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
- The hospital is a leading choice when it comes to primary, secondary and tertiary healthcare for patients that offers treatments across +20 specialities.
- Fakeeh University Hospital is a Smart Hospital, fully equipped with cutting-edge technology and smart systems to meet the unique needs of the hospital and patients. The hospital has fully integrated electronic medical records, supports improvements to the quality and efficiency of healthcare services for patients and the general public. It also uses integrated virtual, home and hospital visit for patient convenience and care.
- The hospital is constructed over 1 million square feet area and has a capacity of 350 beds, 35 adult ICU beds, 10 Pediatric ICU beds, 15 NICU beds and the largest emergency department in the private sector spread across 35,000 square feet.
- The hospital can handle a capacity of 7,00,000 patients a year.
- Some of the other facilities at the hospital include, 24* 7 Emergency Care, Cath Lab, Inpatient Services Facilities, Intensive Care Unit, Laboratory Pharmacy and Outpatient Services Facilities. Some of its specialised medical services, the hospital now offers, Occupational Health Screenings, COVID-19 Screening Patient Focused Clinics, FUH Life and FUH Life.
- The hospital uses innovative diagnostic technology, advanced data-assisted and automated medication dispensing systems, which combined with leading medical expertise, makes patient diagnoses and care precise and efficient.
- The medical professionals at Fakeeh University Hospital are highly experienced with advanced medical knowledge. The medical staff is also skilled, congenial, empathic and truly concerned about patients.
- The hospital building is planned as a 100% green building structure with ample green spaces, water bodies and natural light. It is promoted as a completely smoke-free healthcare facility.
- The interiors are pleasing and aesthetically done.
- The premises are spotlessly clean.
- Fakeeh University Hospital is also a teaching hospital set up to provide world-class medical education and also to enable the recovery of patients by bringing the outcomes of advanced research to them.
- The hospital will be a benchmark to foster ties for medical collaboration and international affiliations. It will combine medical education with evidence-based medicine in a modern environment.
- Established in 2017, Burjeel Medical City is the largest tertiary care facility in the heart of Mohamed Bin Zayed City.
- Developed under VPS Healthcare, the hospital offers world-class healthcare facilities in Medical Oncology, Gynecology, Haematology, Palliative Care, Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Radiology, and other medical departments.
- The hospital’s main building comprises one basement floor, ground floor, four podiums, four towers with seven floors each, and a helipad for patient transport.
Doctors for Kidney Transplant in United Arab Emirates
NephrologistSenior Consultant, 18 years of experience
- Leading Nephrologist Dr Bassam Hasan has more than 18 years of experience in medicine.
- He's an expert in treating Acute and Chronic kidney disease, Renal replacement therapy, Hypertensive and Diabetic Nephropathy.
- He is a member of the Slovenian Society of Nephrology and the Emirates Medical Association.
- Dr Bassam Hasan graduated from Pavol Jozef Safarik University, Slovak Republic with MBBS (2001).
- He obtained MS (2006) and MD (2007) from Slovak Health University, Slovak Republic.
NephrologistSenior Consultant, 25 years of experience
- A noted Nephrologist with more than 25 years of experience, Dr Hany Bahy Gad.
- His interests are Chronic and Acute kidney disease, Hemodialysis, Renal transplant, Glomerular diseases, Peritoneal dialysis and more.
- He is a member of the Egyptian Board of Nephrology and the Emirates Medical Association.
- Dr Hany Bahy Gad graduated from Ain Shams University, Egypt with MBBS and MD.
- He completed a clinic Fellowship in Adult Nephrology from the Egyptian Board in Nephrology in 2007.
Cosmetic SurgeonConsultant, 20 years of experience
- Dr. Alya Al Mazrouei has been a General Surgeon with +20 years of experience in performing various general surgeries. She is also a laparoscopic, Hemicolectomy, Cosmetic and a kidney transplant surgeon.
- In 1999, she did her MD from the United Arab Emirates and then pursued her PG at the University Hospital of Geneva, Switzerland. She also has a fellowship in pancreatic islets and kidney transplantation.
- Dr. Mazrouei is particularly interested in, visceral obesity and proctology surgery.
- She is immensely reputed to perform general abdominal surgeries, laparoscopic abdominal surgeries, obesity and metabolic surgeries and proctology surgeries. Some of the other procedures performed by her are, hemicolectomy, appendectomy, Whipple's Procedure, oncological surgeries, cosmetic surgeries, kidney transplants and laparoscopic hernia repair and gall bladder removal.
Kidney Transplant Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Kidney Transplant - Most Frequently Asked Questions
If your serum creatinine is significantly high (> 5mg%) or if you are already on dialysis then you are a likely candidate for kidney transplant.
Before you are put on dialysis (pre emptive Kidney transplant).
First step is to search for a blood group matching donor with family (up to second degree relative within family)
ABO incompatible kidney transplant can be offered. But the initial risk of rejection is high. Thereby, additional treatment strategy needed and this also add to the cost of blood matching transplant.
First, Blood group for patient and donor and secondly, cross match between patient and donor.
Recipeint is admitted for 10 days while donor for about 4 days.
Unfortunately, cadaveric kidney donor is NOT offered to foreigners in India
Robotic Kidney transplant is now offered at some of the center of excellence for kidney tranplant program.
Kidney failure patients of any age group including children can get a transplant done , the only criteria being they should be medically and psychologically fit for surgery .
Immunosuppressant medicines will be given and this will cost about 100 USD per month.The medicines wil be supervised by your local nephrologist.
YES,after one year of transplant a female can plan for pregnancy.
Kidney transplant is a surgical procedure which is being used for replacing a healthy kidney from a living or deceased donor into the kidney of a person whose kidney is not functioning properly.
Kidney transplant is the treatment of choice for the patients having kidney failure, this can treatment of choice for people having chronic kidney disease or end-stage renal disease. Kidney transplant can give you a better quality of life, lower death risk, few restrictions on diet
You cannot go for kidney transplant if you are in higher age, severe heart disease, history of alcohol or drug and dementia.
Kidney transplant have its own advantage and disadvantage, some studies have shown that patients who have undergone kidney transplant are able to live longer life than patients for dialysis. Many patient who have undergone kidney transplant have improved their quality of life as compared to those being on dialysis.
You may experience some pain or soreness at the site of incision during healing, while you are in hospital the doctor will monitor you to prevent complications.
The risk of kidney transplant includes infection, bleeding , and even damage to the surrounding organs.
During the Kidney Transplant - Most Frequently Asked Questions
The surgery takes 3 to 5 hours.
Kidney transplant surgery usually takes around three to four hours to complete under general anaesthesia.
Before kidney transplant tests are done to check if the donor kidney matches with your body. For check whether kidney transplant is a good option the new kidney will be very similar to the other organs and tissues of your body.
In the process of kidney transplant the surgeon will make an incision in the lower part of your abdomen and then places new kidney in your body. kidneys are left in place till they are causing complications such as high blood pressure, kidney stones, pain or infection. The blood vessels of the kidneys are being attached to the blood vessels in the lower part of your abdomen. The new kidney which links kidney to bladder is connected.
After Kidney Transplant - Most Frequently Asked Questions
A balanced diet includes a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables, lean meats, reduced-fat dairy products, whole grains, and plenty of water. Additionally, you may need to avoid eating certain types of foods.
Most kidney transplant recipients can return to work and other normal activities within eight weeks after transplant.
The patients who receive kidney transplant usually live longer than who are on dialysis. A living donor functions for 12 to 20 years, while a cadaveric donor kidney works for 8 to 12 years.
After an organ transplant, you will need to take immunosuppressant (anti-rejection) drugs. These drugs help prevent your immune system from attacking ("rejecting") the donor organ. Typically they must be taken for the lifetime of your transplanted organ.
Some possible long-term risks of donating a kidney may include high blood pressure (hypertension), large amount of protein in the urine, hernia, organ impairment or failure that leads to the need for dialysis or transplantation.
Attested birth certificate of the patient and the donor, Attested family records of the patient and the donor, Passport copies of the patient and the donor and in case of a married donor, an attested consent of the donor's husband/wife. There could be other documents specific to your case, and you must talk about it in detail with your case manager.
People who stop dialysis may live anywhere from few months to 5 years, depending on the amount of kidney function they have left and their overall medical condition.
As patient regains energy they can resume the sexual activity.
Kidney transplant increases the life expectancy of a patient till 40 years.
The recovery of kidney transplant takes 4-5 days if no complications is seen. The duration of stay depends on your need and medical condition.
When kidney transplant is done your kidney will filter blood and there is no longer need for any dialysis. You will need some medications to suppress your immune system so that your body cannot reject the donor kidney.
You should prevent yourself from infections, take vaccination, improve your dietary habits, avoid your drinking and smoking habits.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Nephrologist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals