Kidney Transplant Cost In TurkeyChat
What is Kidney Transplant?
A kidney transplant is a procedure of taking out a healthy kidney from a donor and placing it in the body of a patient whose kidneys have failed. It is a more suitable option than dialysis as it has better outcomes.
How is the Procedure Performed?
In Kidney Transplant Surgery donor's kidney is placed in the lower part of the abdomen and then its blood vessels and urine tube is attached to the bladder.
Usually, the procedure takes 2-3 hours to finish and is done under general anesthesia.
The surgeon makes a diagonal incision on either side of the body depending on the case. In general, the recipient's own kidney is left untouched in the body unless it is infected.
Who is the Right Doctor for Kidney Transplant?
For Kidney Transplant surgery, a team of experienced Nephrologists, urologists, and general anesthesiologists is required.
What tests are required?
Tests required before performing a kidney transplant are blood typing, tissue typing, and cross-matching other than regular physical examination and medical history check.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
Many factors play an essential role in the success of a kidney transplant, such as age and the co-existence of other diseases like diabetes, hypertension, etc.
Robotic kidney transplant or RAKT (Robot-Assisted Kidney Transplant ) is a minimally invasive and the most advanced form of surgery.
The cost of Kidney Transplant includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost [some tests that may be required, including blood typing, tissue typing, and cross-matching]
The surgery cost package includes donor kidney resection and kidney transplant to the patient.
Post-Operative cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
Medicine cost (Immunosuppressants, Pain Killers, Antibiotics, etc.)
Cost of immunosuppressant injections (if required)
Patient's hospital stay
Donor's hospital stay
Note: Extra care is needed after a kidney Transplant since there is a risk of infection, so the patient may need to stay in a sterile environment during recovery.
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
The severity of the disease
Additional tests may be needed, like Tissue Biopsy
Post-surgical complication, if it happens (such as bleeding, rejection of the donated kidney, etc.)
Cost of Blood products (if required)
An extended stay at the Hospital due to any health reason apart from the package stay period
Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Cost related to Kidney Transplant in Turkey
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Kidney Transplant||USD 18000 to USD 22000|
|Radical Nephrectomy||USD 6300 to USD 7700|
Help Us With Patient Details
Images Related To Kidney Transplant
Post Kidney Transplant care.
Kidney Transplant Surgery
Before and after of Kidney Transplant.
Stages of Chronic Kidney disease.
Overview of Kidney Transplant.
Kidney Transplant treatment.
Procedure for Kidney Transplant.
Top hospitals and doctors for Kidney Transplant in TurkeyFilter
Showing 17 Hospitals and doctors for Kidney Transplant in Turkey
Acibadem Hospitals Group
Acibadem Hospitals Group is the world's second-largest healthcare chain. It was established in 1991. Acibadem is a prime hospital network in Turkey with 21 multispeciality hospitals and 16 outpatient clinics across the country. The hospital has a total of 3500 doctors and 4000 nurses. The doctors are highly skilled and perform complex surgeries with precision and accuracy.
It is associated with its global partner, IHH Healthcare Berhad, which is the biggest group in the Far East. The healthcare services are in line with national and international standards. The Group Hospitals in Turkey are evaluated each year by the Ministry of Health to assure Quality Standards in Healthcare.
Medical Park Group, İstanbul
As Istanbul is gearing to become one of the world’s preferred destinations for medical treatments; it has raised the choices amongst several hospitals and clinics. Hence, doctors and specialists have gathered to form Medical Park Group for successful medical outcomes with healthcare solutions. Patients from Middle East, Europe, Asia, North America entrust Medical Park doctors for their treatments.
Continuously serving patients with their healthcare services since 1993, irrespective of socioeconomic status, the hospitals boost the quality and quantity of services meeting higher service standards following the principle “healthcare for all”.
Medical Park Hospitals provides qualitative therapeutic and diagnostic services in all hospitals, with three accredited by Joint Commission International (JCI) with specialists, patient-oriented service approach using technological intelligence under one roof. The hospitals ensure to serve and heal patients for a ‘healthier’ Turkey.
Over 40 Languages Spoken!
Help desk section is setup at each of the complex to guide medical tourists and provide translation services in over 40 languages including English, Dutch, French, German, Russian, Spanish and more!
Florence Nightingale Hospital, İstanbul
Group Florence Nightingale has been at the leading position in the healthcare industry since 1989. It has well-established ‘Centers of Excellence’ with advanced diagnostic and treatment capabilities across its five hospitals and three medical centers.
Group Florence Nightingale has a proven record of excellence of 70,000 inpatients and 250,000 outpatients annually. In a capacity of 804 inpatient beds, 141 ICU beds and 40 surgery rooms, the hospitals conduct 20,000+ operations every year, out of which 1,000 pediatric and 2,000 Adult cardiac surgeries.
Group Florence Nightingale hospitals are the first Turkish hospitals to be accredited by the Joint Commission International (JCI) and maintain affiliations and partnerships with the prestigious medical institutions in the United States of America and other developed countries.
Doctors for Kidney Transplant in Turkey
Urologist and Renal Transplant SpecialistProfessor, 30 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Alper Demirbaş is a well-experienced Organ Transplantation Expert with 30+ years of experience.
- He specializes in organ, liver, and kidney transplantation.
- After completing his MD from Hacettepe University School of Medicine Ankara in 1986, Prof. Dr. Alper Demirbaş did Compulsory service as a General Practitioner in Turkey during 1987-1988.
- He has done a Residency in General Surgery at Hacettepe University School of Medicine Dept. of Surgery.
- In 1997, Prof. Dr. Alper Demirbaş received a Multiorgan Transplantation fellowship from the University of Miami School of Medicine Dept. Of Surgery, Div. Of Transplantation.
- In 2000, Prof. Dr. Alper Demirbaş was invited by the Faculty of the University of Essen Department of Surgery, Div. of Liver Transplantation.
- Prof. Dr. Alper Demirbaş has certification in the Diploma of Medicine from Hacettepe University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey Ministry of Health, Turkey.
- He is an active member of various organizations, including the American Society of Transplant Surgeons, American Society of Transplantation Nominated, The Transplantation Society of Council for the Middle East and South Africa 2007, International Liver Transplantation Society, Turkish Transplantation Society, Turkish Surgical Association, and Turkish Society Hepatobiliary Surgery.
NephrologistProfessor, 19 years of experience
- Dr. Murat Tuncer is a coveted Nephrologist with over 19 years of experience.
- His expertise lies in Nephrology, Organ Transplantation, and Internal Medicine.
- He graduated from Hacettepe University School of Medicine in 1992, followed by postgraduation from Akdeniz University School of Medicine, Internal Medicine Residency Program in 1998.
- Further, he achieved his fellowship from Akdeniz University School of Medicine, Nephrology Fellowship Program in 2001.
- Dr. Murat Tuncer did the first tissue-incompatible kidney transplant in Turkey.
- He is an esteemed member of the Transplant Surgeon's Federation of America, the International Committee for Liver Transplant, the Transplantation Union for America, the Hepatobiliary Surgery Organization of Turkey, and the Turkish Association of Transplantation.
NephrologistProfessor, 30 years of experience
- Prof. Alaattin YILDIZ is a well-experienced Nephrologist at MEMORIAL BAHÇELİEVLER HOSPITAL.
- He has more than 30 years of experience in the field of Nephrology.
- After completing his Medical Doctor Education from ISTANBUL UNIVERSITY ISTANBUL MEDICAL FACULTY in 1987, he achieved certification in Internal Medicine Residency Training in 1992 followed by Nephrology Subspecialty Training in 1997 from ISTANBUL UNIVERSITY ISTANBUL MEDICAL FACULTY.
- He earned the title of 'Associate Professor' in 1997 and became a 'Professor' in 2003.
- Prior to working with Memorial Healthcare Group, he has worked with several medical centers across the globe.
- He has scientific publications on kidney transplantation, chronic kidney failure to his credit.
Kidney Transplant Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Kidney Transplant - Most Frequently Asked Questions
If your serum creatinine is significantly high (> 5mg%) or if you are already on dialysis then you are a likely candidate for kidney transplant.
Before you are put on dialysis (pre emptive Kidney transplant).
First step is to search for a blood group matching donor with family (up to second degree relative within family)
ABO incompatible kidney transplant can be offered. But the initial risk of rejection is high. Thereby, additional treatment strategy needed and this also add to the cost of blood matching transplant.
First, Blood group for patient and donor and secondly, cross match between patient and donor.
Recipeint is admitted for 10 days while donor for about 4 days.
Unfortunately, cadaveric kidney donor is NOT offered to foreigners in India
Robotic Kidney transplant is now offered at some of the center of excellence for kidney tranplant program.
Kidney failure patients of any age group including children can get a transplant done , the only criteria being they should be medically and psychologically fit for surgery .
Immunosuppressant medicines will be given and this will cost about 100 USD per month.The medicines wil be supervised by your local nephrologist.
YES,after one year of transplant a female can plan for pregnancy.
Kidney transplant is a surgical procedure which is being used for replacing a healthy kidney from a living or deceased donor into the kidney of a person whose kidney is not functioning properly.
Kidney transplant is the treatment of choice for the patients having kidney failure, this can treatment of choice for people having chronic kidney disease or end-stage renal disease. Kidney transplant can give you a better quality of life, lower death risk, few restrictions on diet
You cannot go for kidney transplant if you are in higher age, severe heart disease, history of alcohol or drug and dementia.
Kidney transplant have its own advantage and disadvantage, some studies have shown that patients who have undergone kidney transplant are able to live longer life than patients for dialysis. Many patient who have undergone kidney transplant have improved their quality of life as compared to those being on dialysis.
You may experience some pain or soreness at the site of incision during healing, while you are in hospital the doctor will monitor you to prevent complications.
The risk of kidney transplant includes infection, bleeding , and even damage to the surrounding organs.
During the Kidney Transplant - Most Frequently Asked Questions
The surgery takes 3 to 5 hours.
Kidney transplant surgery usually takes around three to four hours to complete under general anaesthesia.
Before kidney transplant tests are done to check if the donor kidney matches with your body. For check whether kidney transplant is a good option the new kidney will be very similar to the other organs and tissues of your body.
In the process of kidney transplant the surgeon will make an incision in the lower part of your abdomen and then places new kidney in your body. kidneys are left in place till they are causing complications such as high blood pressure, kidney stones, pain or infection. The blood vessels of the kidneys are being attached to the blood vessels in the lower part of your abdomen. The new kidney which links kidney to bladder is connected.
After Kidney Transplant - Most Frequently Asked Questions
A balanced diet includes a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables, lean meats, reduced-fat dairy products, whole grains, and plenty of water. Additionally, you may need to avoid eating certain types of foods.
Most kidney transplant recipients can return to work and other normal activities within eight weeks after transplant.
The patients who receive kidney transplant usually live longer than who are on dialysis. A living donor functions for 12 to 20 years, while a cadaveric donor kidney works for 8 to 12 years.
After an organ transplant, you will need to take immunosuppressant (anti-rejection) drugs. These drugs help prevent your immune system from attacking ("rejecting") the donor organ. Typically they must be taken for the lifetime of your transplanted organ.
Some possible long-term risks of donating a kidney may include high blood pressure (hypertension), large amount of protein in the urine, hernia, organ impairment or failure that leads to the need for dialysis or transplantation.
Attested birth certificate of the patient and the donor, Attested family records of the patient and the donor, Passport copies of the patient and the donor and in case of a married donor, an attested consent of the donor's husband/wife. There could be other documents specific to your case, and you must talk about it in detail with your case manager.
People who stop dialysis may live anywhere from few months to 5 years, depending on the amount of kidney function they have left and their overall medical condition.
As patient regains energy they can resume the sexual activity.
Kidney transplant increases the life expectancy of a patient till 40 years.
The recovery of kidney transplant takes 4-5 days if no complications is seen. The duration of stay depends on your need and medical condition.
When kidney transplant is done your kidney will filter blood and there is no longer need for any dialysis. You will need some medications to suppress your immune system so that your body cannot reject the donor kidney.
You should prevent yourself from infections, take vaccination, improve your dietary habits, avoid your drinking and smoking habits.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Nephrologist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Kidney Transplant
FAQ videos related to Kidney Transplant
Our patient's testimonials related to Nephrologist
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Kidney Transplant in other countries, compared to Turkey?
Approximate price of Kidney Transplant in other countries compared to Turkey is:
- India, USD 10400 to USD 15600, approximately 35% lower than Turkey
- Thailand, USD 19200 to USD 28800, approximately 20% higher than Turkey
- Germany, USD 60000 to USD 90000, approximately 275% higher than Turkey
- Israel, USD 80000 to USD 120000, approximately 400% higher than Turkey
- Singapore, USD 60000 to USD 90000, approximately 275% higher than Turkey
- Malaysia, USD 20800 to USD 31200, approximately 30% higher than Turkey