Hydrocephalus Treatment Cost In United Arab EmiratesChat
What is Hydrocephalus?
A condition of the brain where the cerebrospinal fluid is being accumulated abnormally in the brain and ventricles is called hydrocephalus.
This extra fluid tends to put pressure on the brain and nervous system, causing a lot of trouble and symptoms like
- Large head size
- Loss of speech and control
Large head size is seen in infants as their skull bone is not fused.
How is the Procedure Performed?
To treat hydrocephalus, immediate drainage of CSF fluid is arranged by surgically inserting a tube or shunt to drain out the excessive fluid.
This tube is monitored till the symptoms subside and the patient is kept on regular follow-up.
Medicines are given which are diuretic in nature and help in flushing out the excessive fluid.
Who is the Right Doctor for Hydrocephalus Treatment?
The doctor for treating such conditions are Neurosurgeons, Head and Neck surgeons, and Pediatric Surgeons.
What tests are required?
In cases of abnormally big head size, it is pretty straightforward, and no diagnostic test is required; however, in adult cases, we might have to do a CT scan and MRI to understand the condition.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The success rate is highly variable, and it depends upon a lot of factors, like
- The age of the patient
- The reason for the condition
- How long the state has been sustained.
In general, the survival percentage is 24-75%.
The cost of Hydrocephalus Treatment includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost (X-ray or MRI may be done)
Type of surgery (surgical shunt implantation or endoscopic third ventriculostomy)
Post-Operative cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
Medicine cost (antibiotics, painkillers, etc.)
Patient's hospital stay (may need to stay for 2-4 days)
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing or single room)
The severity of the disease
Post-surgical complication, if it happens (such as Walking problems, mild dementia, and bladder control issues usually show some improvement within days after surgery)
Cost of Blood products (if required)
Age of the patient
An extended stay at the Hospital
Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Help Us With Patient Details
Doctors for Hydrocephalus Treatment in United Arab Emirates
NeurologistSenior Consultant, 34 years of experience
- Dr. Fadel Fouad Gendy has earned the reputation of a leading Neurosurgeon with his surgical and consultative practice spanning over 34 years.
- After his graduation from Cairo University he also earned his PG. He then earned his MD and PhD qualifications from Ein Shams University, Cairo. Dr. Gendy went on to achieve further training at Vienna University, Austria and New Jersey, the USA. He also received training in cervical spine surgery from Barcelona University in Spain and for microsurgery at Columbia University in New York.
- Dr. Gendy is a leading neurosurgeon who performs surgeries for brain tumour, spinal tumour, spinal fixation, spinal trauma and head trauma. He is a leading medical professional for minimally invasive spine surgeries, back and neck pain, congenital anomalies of the brain and spinal cord in children and disc herniation. He also treats disc diseases, stroke, epilepsy and brain hemorrhage.
- He has attended many national and international conferences and presented several papers.
Dr. Al Mutasim Bellah Khamees Etaiwi
NeurosurgeonSenior Consultant, 19 years of experience
- Dr. Al Mutasim Bellah Khamees Etaiwi is an accomplished UAE Neurosurgeon with +19 years of clinical experience.
- His area of interest is Lumbar laminectomy, Laminotomy, Laminoplasty, Microdiscectomy and Excision of spinal tumours, Cysts and more.
- Dr. Al Mutasim Bellah Khamees Etaiwi is a member of the Pan Arab Neurosurgical Society, the Saudi Association of Neurological Surgery and the Emirates Medical Association.
- He obtained MBBS from a prestigious university.
- He's got F.B.I.M.S. in Neurosurgery from Iraqi Board.
- Dr. Al Mutasim Bellah Khamees Etaiwi got an Arab Spine Course Diploma (ASCD).
NeurosurgeonVisiting Consultant, 35 years of experience
- Dr. Muhammed Chishti is a renowned and established Neurosurgeon with +35 years of experience in the field.
- He has done his MBBS from Dow Medical College University of Karachi, Pakistan. In 1982, he went to UK where he obtained fellowships from Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh and Royal College of Surgeons and Physicians Glasgow. Here, he completed his training and obtained his Intercollegiate Neurosurgery fellowship from Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh in 1989.
- Dr. Chishti is an expert neurosurgeon, known to treat brain tumors, aneurism and AVM, hydrocephalus, craniosynostosis with all type of cranial trauma. In spine, he has extensive experience in degenerative spinal disease, spinal tumors, infections and spinal dysraphism.
- He has acquired extensive experience in these 30 years, especially during his stint in Pakistan, where he even treated cases from Afghanistan.
Hydrocephalus Treatment Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals