Hipec Cost In GermanyChat
Hipec in Germany
Popular Cities in Germany for Hipec are:
Are you planning Hipec in Germany?
You are at the right place
Case manager will help you with budget friendly treatment plan, online consult with doctor, visa, airport transfers, hotel bookings, interpreters…and more.
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Hipec in GermanyFilter
Showing 32 Hospitals and doctors for Hipec in Germany
University Hospital Heidelberg
- The University Hospital Heidelberg is one of the biggest medical centers in the Federal Republic of Germany. It is a part of Heidelberg University Medical School, which was founded in 1388, making it the oldest in Germany.
- The hospital operates nearly 1 million outpatients and 65,000 inpatients every year and is well-renowned for treating cancer.
- The Hospital works in partnership with various research institutes one of them being the German Cancer Research Center at the National Center for Tumor Diseases, registered on the American Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- The hospital specializes in diagnosing complex medical conditions and diseases and treating them using innovative technology to ensure optimal treatment with interdisciplinary cooperation.
- There are about 10,000 employees, including 1,600 professors and doctors working at the hospital, and the Chief Doctor of the hospital is the renowned Professor Guido Adler.
- The Heidelberg Curriculum Medicinale (HeiCuMed) is one of the leading medical training institutions in Germany, which at present teaches nearly 3700 physicians.
Vivantes Hospital Group
- The Vivantes Hospital Group is one of the largest state-owned healthcare companies operating around 100 medical departments and institutions, rehabilitation centers, 40 centers of excellence, primary healthcare facilities, 12 nursing facilities, and other outpatient and inpatient healthcare facilities in Berlin, Germany
- The Vivantes Hospital Group was founded in 2001 and the company runs 10 hospitals with a total capacity of nearly 6,000 beds and more than 17,000 employees, 2,300 of which are physicians.
- The Hospitals treat nearly 2,35,622 inpatients and 3,22,503 outpatients per year.
- An exceptional foreign department was established to assist all queries of international patients.
- It is the biggest state-owned hospital group in Berlin providing hospital care for about a third of patients in the city seeking inpatient care.
- Vivantes Clinic August-Victoria received the status of "Baby-friendly hospital" and Vivantes Humboldt and Vivantes Friedrichshain clinics were awarded the UNICEF Quality Awards.
- The tumor center of Vivantes consists of three cancer centers in the north, south, and in the center of Berlin. All three cancer centers are certified by the German Society for Hematology and Oncology (DGHO).
- The Federation for Environmental Protection and Nature Conservation of Germany (Bund Berlin) awarded the Vivantes Neukolln clinic status "Energy Saving Hospital".
- Carl Gustav Carus University Hospital, Dresden was established in the year 1815 and is one of the oldest and most reputed hospitals in Germany.
- The hospital is famous for its high standards of medical services and is recognised by many certificates received from international quality centers including ISO 19001 and DKG certificates.
- The University Hospital was a part of the “Best quality of medical service and patient care in Germany” list, published by Focus Health magazine and in 2020, 15 departments received the “Top National Hospital” award as well
- Since 2019, the doctors of the neurosurgery department use MRI-3 Tesla to monitor the patient’s state during the surgery, which makes the department one of the most technologically advanced in the country.
- The hospital’s activity is closely overseen by a Supervisory Council, which ensure the hospital upholds its quality and effective management.
- In 2007, the Dresden University Hospital Cancer Center received the “Best oncology center” from the German Cancer Aid Society (DKH).
- Since 2012. the Carl Gustav Carus Orthopaedics and Traumatology Center has been leading the Focus magazine “Best medical facilities in Germany” rating.
- The hospital includes general and special ophthalmological departments with 41 inpatient wards out of which 8 of them are for child patients.
Doctors for Hipec in Germany
Surgical OncologistChief, 31 years of experience
- Dr. Med. Marek Budner is a surgical oncologist with 31+ years of experience.
- His forte is diagnosis and treatment of breast diseases, surgical treatment of mammary carcinomas, oncoplastic breast surgeries, plastic and reconstructive breast surgery and colposcopic diagnostics in the lower genital tract.
- He completed graduation followed by post-graduation from an esteemed university.
- Dr. Budner did training in oncology from renowned hospitals in Germany.
- He has many publications under his name in peer-reviewed journals.
- He is a member of several medical organizations.
Prof. Dr. med. Karl-Jurgen Oldhafer
Surgical OncologistChief, 33 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. med. Karl-Jurgen Oldhafer is a surgical oncologist with 33+ years of experience.
- His clinical interest includes treating biliary diseases, gallbladder tumors, liver diseases and cirrhosis.
- He won a prize for the best study on transplantation, 1995 and an award for the Best report “Hyperthermic isolated liver perfusion (HILP) with tumor necrosis factor”, 1997.
- Dr. Oldhafer completed graduation from the University of Gottingen, Germany followed by post-graduation in oncology.
- He did an internship from Hannover Medical School, Germany.
- He is well-published in national and international journals.
Prof. Dr. Med. Michael Bartels
Surgical OncologistChief, 34 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Med. Michael Bartels is a surgical oncologist with 34+ years of experience.
- His clinical interest includes hepatobiliary surgery, pancreatic surgery, minimally invasive procedures, colorectal and cancer surgery.
- He is a member of German General and Visceral Surgery Society (DGAV), German Surgeons Association (BDC), Liver, Gall-bladder and Pancreatic Surgery Research Group (CAGLP), European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO), European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC) and German Interdisciplinary Sarcoma Group (GISG).
- Dr. Bartels did graduation from Hannover Medical School, Germany followed by post-graduation.
- He completed training in oncology from the renowned hospital in Germany.
- He has many publications under his name in both national and international journals.
Before Hipec - Most Frequently Asked Questions
HIPEC is an innovative procedure which is used for cancer treatments which have been spread to surface of abdominal cavity like colon cancer, gastric cancer, ovarian cancer, appendiceal cancer and peritoneal mesothelioma.
As HIPEC can be directly targeted at the tumors high concentration of chemotherapy is delivered in your abdomen, it can be effectively and safely done than standard chemotherapy which is intravenously done. The chemotherapy solution is able to penetrate the affected tissue for destroying the microscopic cancer cell in a better way. HIPEC when used along with surgical tumor has improved the outcome when compared with chemotherapy or surgery.
HIPEC delivers a higher dose of chemotherapy to directly kills your cancer cells in abdomen, traditional chemotherapy is given intravenously and is circulated in your bloodstream. Higher dose of chemotherapy is needed for killing cancer cells in a single treatment. HIPEC has also few side effects as compares to traditional chemotherapy because little chemotherapy gets absorbed in your blood stream.
It depends on your tumor type, your cancer stage and how quickly it is growing as well as the overall medical condition. You should consult with your doctor whether you are a candidate for this procedure or not. Doctor will carefully check your tumor and then tell what type of tumor you gave got and give you the treatment options. Tumor histology is checked to determine whether this procedure is appropriate for you or not.
You should not drink or eat anything before the procedure. You can do gargles or rinse your mouth but you can’t swallow. Don’t consume tobacco or cigarettes.
HIPEC is used for treating abdominal cancer such as appendix or colorectal cancer as well as cancer of abdomen lining which causes difficulty in breathing.
During the Hipec - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Usually the procedure lasts for six to nine hours but in some cases the time duration may also exceed. Once the cancer is removed from your abdomen HIPEC is started.
Your tumor will be removed surgically by giving you general anaesthesia, it may last between six to nine hours or may even take longer time.Chemotherapy is heated to 107 degree Fahrenheit and then it is circulated throughout your abdomen. Special precautions are taken to keep your body temperature safe during the procedure, it is known as hot chemotherapy which lasts for about 90 minutes.
Second round is usually not necessary, only if mesothelioma resurrence occurs within 18 hours after surgery then only second round is needed.
After Hipec - Most Frequently Asked Questions
After HIPEC patient is told to remain in hospital for about seven to ten days. In that time your digestive system will be recovered from the intense dose of chemotherapy. You will be provided your nutrition with IV tube. There is minimum exposure of chemotherapy which means its side effect such as hair loss, mouth sores can be avoided.
You may feel fatigued for about 2 to 3 hours after surgery. It is important for you to take rest during this period and to keep your body in minimum state of movement you should move around and remain active.
Pain, Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhea, Constipation, Bloating, Weight loss, Difficulty sleeping are some of the side effects usually seen after HIPEC
The recovery after HIPEC usually takes three months and it takes around eight to ten hours to complete.
It is safe not only when it is compared to other procedures but it has less morbidity.
You will have dry mouth after surgery, after 3 to 4 days of the surgery you have to start with your liquid diet.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals