Gynecomastia Cost In IndiaChat
What is Gynecomastia?
Boosting of breasts in men by both diet and exercise and with increasing weight due to hormones is called gynecomastia. Gynecomastia may be observed in men at puberty and at increasing age. Gynecomastia surgery reduces breast size in men (caused due to hormonal imbalance or heredity), flattening and enhancing the chest contours.
Who is the Right Doctor for Gynecomastia?
The cosmetic and aesthetic surgeons specializing in gynecomastia perform this procedure.
How is the Procedure Performed?
The procedure involves liposuction and surgical removal of fat and glandular tissue. Gynecomastia surgery may be performed under local or general anesthesia. Your type of anesthesia is determined by considering your age and the size of your breasts. The surgery lasts approximately 1-1.5 hours. Incisions are made near the pigmented areas of the nipple, so scars are well hidden after the surgery. After the surgery, you may be discharged on the same afternoon of the surgery day or the next day.
You’ll be given a compression garment to help reduce swelling. Your scars, while permanent, will fade over time and will be as unobstructed as possible. Recovery time takes about 1-2 weeks. You may take a bath after 2-3 days and return to your social life.
The cost of Gynecomastia procedure includes:
- Diagnostic tests, including blood tests, mammography, USG scans, etc.
- Cost of procedure (The cost of bilateral gynecomastia surgery is higher than that of unilateral gynecomastia)
- Cost of contouring or sculpting techniques
- The follow-up consultation and physiotherapy
- Hospital stay (usually two days)
- Cost of medications
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
- Any underlying condition like
- The severity of the patient's condition or the size and amount of fat removed
- Type of hospital and room opted (General, twin sharing, or single room)
- Any additional tests, if required
- An extended stay at the hospital, if required
- Cost of accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Cost related to Gynecomastia in India
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Gynecomastia Treatment||Rs.111000 to Rs.148000|
|Breast Reduction||Rs.111000 to Rs.148000|
Help Us With Patient Details
Images Related To Gynecomastia
Before and after Gynecomastia treatment.
What leads to Gynecomastia?
Steps in Gynecomastia Surgery.
Treatment of Gynecomastia.
Top hospitals and doctors for Gynecomastia in IndiaFilter
Showing 137 Hospitals and doctors for Gynecomastia in India
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Established in 1996, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital is NABL and JCI accredited.
- Apollo Group offers 10,000 beds across 64 hospitals, more than 2,200 pharmacies, over 100 primary care & diagnostic clinics and 115 telemedicine units across 9 countries.
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital has 52 specialties under one roof.
- Major specialities of the hospital include Anaesthesia, Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery, Cancer, Paediatrics, Critical Care, Emergency Care, Fetal Medicine, Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Interventional Radiology, IVF, Liver and Kidney Transplant, Nuclear Medicine, Nephrology, Neurosciences, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, Otolaryngology (ENT), Paediatrics, Pediatric Surgery, Psychiatry and Clinical Psychology, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Respiratory & Sleep Medicine, Rheumatology, Spine Surgery, Urology and Andrology and Vascular and Endovascular Surgery.
- First hospital in India to perform a Paediatric Liver Transplant in 1998.
- The hospital ranked first in Neurosciences, Renal Sciences, Oncology, Paediatrics, Gynaecology and Obstetrics & Emergency in The Times Of India Healthcare Survey 2016.
- It has also ranked the 6th Best Private Hospital in India for Cardiology by The WEEK in the Best Hospital Survey 2013 conducted by A C Nielsen.
- Awarded a Special Commendation for the Golden Peacock Environment Management Award by a jury chaired by Justice P. N. Bhagwati and Former Chief Justice of India for the hospital's environmental practices.
Enhance Clinics, New Delhi
- Enhance Clinics is founded by globally acclaimed cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Manoj Khanna.
- With an experience of over 20 years, Dr. Khanna has performed 5000 hair transplants so far.
- With 22 centers in India, it is the "one stop shop" for all Dermatology, Aesthetic Surgery and Hair Transplant procedures.
- It is one of the most preferred clinics for celebrities and highly esteemed clientele across 65 countries.
- The maximum number of Hair Transplants were conducted for the Indian Cricket Fraternity.
- Cricketers like Harsha Bhogle, Arun Lal have all got their hair transplant done in various centers of Enhance Clinic.
- The chain of Enhance Clinics specialize in Hair, Body, Breast, Face and Skin.
- It serves the best cosmetic treatment at an affordable cost.
Designer Bodyz, Mumbai
- Located in Mumbai, Designer Bodyz is a renowned clinic for its cosmetic and dermatology services.
- Founded by Dr. Parag Telang, the center has world-class amenities and provides advanced treatments.
- Some of the best services provided are abdominoplasty, vaser liposuction, dimple creation, blepharoplasty, mommy makeover, facial feminization, v-line creating, mastopexy reduction, belt lipectomy, periareolar implants, buttock augmentation and much more.
Doctors for Gynecomastia in India
Aesthetics and Plastic SurgeonConsultant, 19 years of experience
- Dr. Vipul Nanda is one of the best Plastic & Cosmetic Surgeons in India.
- He has 19 years of experience in his field.
- He did his MBBS & MS from AIIMS and M.Ch from PGI Chandigarh. He did his MRCS from the UK.
- Dr. Nanda undertook advanced fellowships under world leaders in cosmetic and plastic surgery in Spain, Japan, U.K. & USA.
- He holds the rare honor of being a fellow of the British Association of Plastic Surgeons and an International Scholar of the American Society of Plastic Surgery.
- Dr. Nanda is an active member of various renowned organizations across the globe such as the Royal College of Surgeons, UK, the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, Indian Medical Association to name a few.
- He is associated with numerous hospitals in India.
- He aims to provide world-class medical services to his patients.
- His area of interest lies in surgical procedures and non-surgical treatments like Filler, mesotherapy, Laser, and Dermabrasion.
Cost of consultation for Gynecomastia with Dr. Vipul Nanda starts from INR 1500.
Cosmetic SurgeonSenior Consultant, 15 years of experience
- Dr. Charu Sharma is one of the well-recognized Cosmetic and Plastic Surgeons of India having 15 years of experience.
- She is a known professional to provide unsurpassed care to her patients. She is dedicated to offering her patients the latest innovations in non-surgical and surgical procedures for face and body cosmetic surgery.
- She strongly believes in empowering her patients with facts about plastic surgery and answer any queries they may have before, during, or after a procedure.
- Completing her MBBS & M.Ch from the prestigious BHU College, Varanasi. She has also undergone international training in various cosmetic surgery procedures.
- She is an active member of the International Society of Aesthetic Surgery.
- Dr. Charu Sharma has authored and co-authored several papers and scientific manuscripts on plastic surgery, including such procedures as the UAL Based liposuction, Facial Reshaping, and Advance Techniques of Breast Augmentation.
- Dr. Charu has been felicitated with various treasured awards such as Rajdhani Ratna, Mana Seva Samman, etc.
- She has appeared in numerous TV programs (eg Total Health on Zee TV, Interview on India TV & DD News, Health special on Sadhna TV, Jain TV etc.) to educate the masses about the realms of Public about Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery.
- She is a Senior Faculty member & advisor for the international pharmaceutical firm Johnson & Johnson.
- She was invited to Leiden Holland to deliver a faculty lecture in an international conference on "Science of breast implant".
- Internationally she is renowned for her breast augmentation method, which she has developed through her own skills.
- She offers expertise in breast surgeries, hair transplants, and post-burn reconstructive surgeries.
Cosmetic SurgeonDirector, 24 years of experience
- Dr. A. Sivakumar is among the best Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgeons with 17+ years of surgical experience and 24+ years of overall experience.
- He has won the Best Doctor Award, an award given by the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R Medical University at the time of the Silver Jubilee Celebrations of the University.
- He has vast knowledge and experience in Rhinoplasty, Face and Neck Surgery, Ear Surgery, Eyelid Surgery, skin treatments, cheek & deep line surgery, and more.
- He is a life member of the Association of Aesthetic Surgeons of India, Association of Plastic Surgeons of India, Indian Society for Surgery of Hand, Indian Medical Association, and Association of Surgeons of India.
- He has published papers in the International Trauma Surgery Journal and Indian Aesthetician Journal.
Cost of consultation for Gynecomastia with Dr. A. Sivakumar starts from INR 500.
Gynecomastia Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Gynecomastia - Most Frequently Asked Questions
In the initial phase, the chest area will be kept bandaged in order to prevent any form of post-operative infection which has been seen to occur quite often. Patients undergo this surgical procedure to remove the adipose tissue (fat) to get a flatter appearance.
People who do not have a budget for a Gynecomastia surgery can look for alternatives like Breast reduction topical cream and breast reduction pills designed for men.
Generally, gynecomastia surgery affords patients with long lasting results but in some cases, gynecomastia may return.
Usually, the doctor gives 1 cm of incisions under the armpit so there are no visible scars on the chest.
Some of the things that you will have to take care of are: Quitting nicotine use or smoking as it can delay or impair the healing process. Stopping the usage of medications having blood thinners and aspiring-containing products two weeks before the surgery. Informing the doctor about any illness, skin infection, or cold you have developed a week before the surgery. Take off from your work for at least two weeks if the job profile is labour intensive. Tend to all your household chores before the surgery to avoid dealing with them after your surgery when you require care and rest. If you remove your chest hair routinely, avoid doing so two weeks before the surgery and for about six weeks after the procedure is over.
The procedure will take about an hour or two but sometimes it is longer than that. You will be administered medications for your comfort before you undergo the procedure. General anesthesia is also common along with intravenous sedation and local anesthesia at times. You will be shifted to the recovery area after your surgery is over for keeping you under close observation.
Gynecomastia is derived from the Greek words gyne, meaning woman, and mastos, meaning breast. Gynecomastia is a synonym, and gynaecomastia is an obsolete term.
Hormone imbalance between the sex hormones estrogen and testosterone is the main cause of Gynecomastia. As estrogen (female hormone) hormone cause development of breast tissue while testosterone (male hormone) suppress the growth of breast tissue. When the level of estrogen hormone increases growth of breast tissue occurs in males. Obesity, steroids, certain medicines, hyperthyroidism are some other causes of Gynecomastia.
Gynecomastia is not a serious problem but it can be a tough condition to deal with. Men or boy having Gynecomastia have to face lots of embrassement due to their enlarged breast.
Gynecomastia doesn’t go away in all cases in some case when the boy is in puberty stage then it can subside when he reaches adolescence stage because of the hormonal level.
The Gynecomastia or man boobs consists of two main components
- Glandular tissue – which is firm and dense.
- Fatty tissue – which is soft.
The symptoms of Gynecomastia are:
- The breast gland tissue swells and become tender
- Diameter of areola increases and chest becomes symmetrical
Men in good health who have large breasts that are not caused by side effects from medication are good candidates for Gynecomastia reduction. You should have reached a stable weight and your breast development should have stabilized.Men in good health who have large breasts that are not caused by side effects from medication are good candidates for Gynecomastia reduction. You should have reached a stable weight and your breast development should have stabilized.
Gynecomastia mainly occurs due to the hormonal imbalances between the levels of estrogen and the testosterone hormone. The level of estrogen hormone increases in men mainly at the time of puberty.
During the Gynecomastia - Most Frequently Asked Questions
It takes around 45 minutes to one hour to do the surgery.
Gynecomastia surgery is being done by an experienced plastic or cosmetic surgeon.
Gynecomastia surgery is done under local or general anaesthesia under the following steps
- In Gynecomastia surgery first marking is done from where all the abudance fat and glandular breast tissue are to be removed.
- After that anaesthesia is administered this can be either local or general. The choice of anaesthesia depends on some factors such as type and grade of Gynecomastia, obesity, underlying medical conditions.
- Very small incision is being made near nipple areolar region and VASER probe is being inserted for breaking fat and fibrous tissue. Fat and fibrous tissue are broken and by ultrasonic cavitations and a proper contour of the whole chest is given.
- When no fat is seen to be coming out from the area then suction is being stopped.
- The extra glandular breast tissue is being removed by enlarging incision. After the surgery only a small scar is visible which gradually goes away with time.
The traditional technique for Gynecomastia uses an incision around the areola to open the skin and remove the underlying breast gland tissue. This procedure is designed to remove mostly breast gland tissue and a little amount of fat. It gives a big scar, more side effects; require hospital admission and long recovery period.
- Marking of pectoral muscles and glandular tissue and boundary of fat deposition for complete chest reshaping.
- Tumescent solution infiltration with lignocaine and adrenalin solution.
- emulsification of stubborn fat.
- Sculption of puffy nipple area, surrounding area and axillary region to give proper athletic male chest shape.
- Periareolar excision of excessive glandular tissue. This will give complete sculpation to entire chest and reduce any chance of reoccurrence.
- Total sculption of chest and complete removal of glandular tissue
After Gynecomastia - Most Frequently Asked Questions
The results aim to be permanent if you maintain stable body weight. If the condition was as a result of anabolic steroids or other medications, using them again can bring back the previous condition.
The severity of the condition will decide the recovery time. In most cases when a combination of excision and liposuction is used, the patients are able to go back to work after a week. The recovery period is relatively gentle in this case. Though, it is extremely important for the patient to follow the instructions laid down by the doctor after the surgery is over to avoid any serious forms of complications.
Yes, it is necessary that you go for a follow up as the doctor would check that the surgery has brought in the necessary results. Even, it is important to verify that there are no major complications. The first follow-up usually takes place after a week of the surgery. The sutures will also be removed during that time.
There is NOT much swelling. Patients are generally very happy with the overall outcome as they experience more self-confidence.
It will be ideal to wear the pressure garment for 6-10 weeks. This helps reduce the sagging of the skin.
After surgery, a small dressing is done over the chest and pressure garment is applied to minimize swelling and support your new chest contour as it heals. Some of the precautions which you have to take following your Gynecomastia surgery are
- You can take bath next day after the procedure and after that no dressing is applied. The sutures will be removed around 10 to 14 days.
- You will be prescribed 7 days course of antibiotics and analgesics after the procedure.
- You can resume normal activity once you are comfortable to do movements. Mostly 1 or 2 days rest is enough to recover.
- You can start exercise after 1 or 2 weeks once you are comfortable.
- You have to avoid driving for first 24 hrs and if possible accompany a person with you.
After the surgery there will be small scar which will be not at all visible. The scar will heal within 6 months and after that they will not at all visible. Within a month after surgery you will start seeing the change in shape and reduction in breast size.
The procedure is completely safe and there are no chance of coming back again .The side effects after the gynecomastia procedure include
- Bruising at some part of the chest
- Pain and Discomfort
These are temporary and will resolve within 7 to 10 days after the procedure. To reduce these side effects you have to wear compression garments for first 2 months.
Yes the final result will appeared after 3 months. The improvement in shape and size will be noticeable around 1 month time and thereafter the improvement continues.
Follow up will be done on 3rd day and 2 weeks time. Final results will take around 1 to 3 month once the swelling and hardness subsides.
After the completion of Gynecomastia reduction surgery some swelling, discomfort, pain and bruising is expected. You will have some discomfort, which can be controlled by the pain killers, antibiotics and other swelling reducing tablets .after procedure you need to wear a customized compression garments for 2 month which will help to reduce swelling, as well as compress the skin to the new body contour.
The gynecomastia procedure results are seen immediately, but due to swelling the final results will take time. The final results will take one to 3 months time once the swelling get subsides completely. Most of the patients can return to their normal routine work in 2-3 days time.
Light exercise can begin after 1 week, with full exercise and activity returning in about two weeks time. Swelling and bruising are common, but will subside over a period of first two weeks. There will be stiffness, hardness and numbness which will resolve gradually over a period of tow to 4 weeks.
You need to get certain blood test before you schedule your procedure .these are HEMOGRAM, PT APTT, BLOOD SUGAR, HIV and HBSAG, renal function .once you get your test reports you can mail those reports and after paying advance deposit we will give you the available date for your procedure.
Generally, Gynecomastia surgery takes 1-2 hours and after 4 to 5 hour under observation, you will be discharged on the same day.
The temporary side effects are pain, discomfort, bruises, and numbness for few days. Sometimes seroma or hematoma can occur which is easily we do everything we can to minimize the risks associated with surgery.
Gynecomastia surgery cost includes Surgeon’s fee, OT Charges, Room charges, Anesthesia fees, Compression garment, Surgical disposable follow up charges.
How much does Gynecomastia cost in different cities in India?
The price for Gynecomastia in different cities in India is approximately in the range of:
- New Delhi: Rs.93795 to Rs.146705
- Gurgaon: Rs.96200 to Rs.144300
- Noida: Rs.90188 to Rs.150313
- Chennai: Rs.96200 to Rs.138288
- Mumbai: Rs.98605 to Rs.146705
- Bangalore: Rs.93795 to Rs.141895
- Kolkata: Rs.90188 to Rs.135883
- Jaipur: Rs.84175 to Rs.134680
- Mohali: Rs.86580 to Rs.204425
- Ahmedabad: Rs.80568 to Rs.133478
- Hyderabad: Rs.92593 to Rs.140693
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Gynecomastia
FAQ videos related to Gynecomastia
More searches related to Gynecomastia
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Gynecomastia in other countries, compared to India?
Approximate price of Gynecomastia in other countries compared to India is:
- Turkey, USD 1760 to USD 2640, approximately 12% lower than India
- Thailand, USD 1200 to USD 1800, approximately 40% lower than India
- Germany, USD 3360 to USD 5040, approximately 68% higher than India
- Israel, USD 4400 to USD 6600, approximately 120% higher than India
- Singapore, USD 4800 to USD 7200, approximately 140% higher than India
- Malaysia, USD 4000 to USD 6000, approximately 100% higher than India