Gender Change Surgery Cost In TurkeyChat
What is Gender Change Surgery?
Gender Change Surgery is a surgical procedure by which a transgender person's physical appearance and function of their existing sexual characteristics are altered to resemble those socially associated with their
How is the Procedure Performed?
Procedure takes 4-5 hrs.During the procedure,male to female sex reassignment a surgeon uses parts of the original penis to create a neo-vagina. The testicles are removed, through a procedure called orchiectomy. The skin from the scrotum is used to make the labia. The erectile tissue of the penis is used to make the neoclitoris. The urethra is preserved and functional.During Female to male sex reassignment surgeon creates an aesthetically appropriate phallus and creates a urethera for standing urination. Construction of a scrotum with testicular implants is done as a second stage.
After 2 days in the hospital, the patient will have to stay in the area for about 5 to 6 days. Small work can be resumed in 2 weeks
What is Gender Change Surgery?
Gender Change Surgery is a surgical procedure to reshape genitals tissues in terms of appearance and functionalities. If a male wants a transgender, then he may also wish to undergo a vaginoplasty, breast augmentation surgery, facial feminization, and other procedures.
How is the Procedure Performed?
Before Gender Change Surgery, the individual has to undergo hormone replacement therapy (HRT). Afterward, the surgery is performed by reshaping genital tissues by making an incision around the genital organ.
Who is the Right Doctor for Gender Change Surgery?
A team of board-certified plastic surgeons performs Gender Change Surgery.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
As per reports, around 95% of people are satisfied with the outcomes of Gender Change Surgery.
Gender Change Surgery demands three days of hospital stay followed by 10-12 days stay at home. After six weeks, the individual can perform light work.
The cost of gender change surgery includes:
- Expenses incurred in the year preceding the surgery, during which hormone therapy, counseling, and living full-time as a person of the target sex is recommended
- Preoperative diagnostic tests cost
- Surgery cost
- Post-Operative cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
- Cost of medication
- Patient's hospital stay
- One year of compulsory therapy with a psychologist before undergoing physical transition globally
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
- Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
- Post-surgical complication, if it happens
- Cost of blood products (if required)
- Age of the patient
- An extended stay at the hospital
- Cost of accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Gender Change Surgery in TurkeyFilter
Showing 52 Hospitals and doctors for Gender Change Surgery in Turkey
Istanbul Aesthetic Center, Sisli
- The Istanbul Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Center, Sisli aims for human health at the utmost level to provide high patient satisfaction with the right treatment methods with the help of qualified professionals having decades of experience.
- They provide services such as excellent services in hair transplants, cosmetic surgery, liposuction surgery, abdominoplasty surgery, eyelid surgery, nose aesthetics (rhinoplasty), breast augmentation surgery, breast reduction, gynecomastia, male genitalia aesthetics, beard transplantation, dental procedures, Brazilian butt lift, etc.
Emsey Hospital, Pendik
- Located on the Asian side of Istanbul, Emsey Hospital was established in 2012.
- It is only 10 minutes away from İstanbul`s second international airport.
- Due to its strategic location, it is the first choice among foreign patients for modern and advance healthcare services.
- This JCI accredited hospital has advanced medical technology and provides its services as per international standards.
- It is first of its kind to be taken into the scope of first and only government-supported branding program of the world and Turquality.
- It has 'Emsey Hospital Representative Agencies' in foreign countries to provide international patients with counseling and support before they travel to Istanbul.
- For international patients, treatment cost estimation is prepared at an international patient service office by patient’s consultants and specialized doctors.
Istanbul Dental and Plastic & Esthetic Group (IPEG), Istanbul
- Established in 2014, Istanbul Dental and Plastic & Esthetic Group (IPEG) is a reputed dental clinic for its technology, infrastructure and experienced team.
- The clinic is designed according to international standards.
- The team can speak several languages - English, German, Arabic and Spanish.
- There is a translator service as well for other languages.
- Every year there are hundreds of patients who get dental treatment from this clinic.
- The team provides treatment for gum diseases, implantation, dentures, tooth whitening, braces and more.
- The hospital follows strict standards to deliver exceptional services in Istanbul.
- There is an in-depth discussion of all treatment plans with patients.
Doctors for Gender Change Surgery in Turkey
Cosmetic SurgeonConsultant, 16 years of experience
- Dr. Said Algan is a Cosmetic Surgeon with over 16 years of experience.
- His education includes the Faculty of Medicine from Samsun 19 May University in 2007, a Plastic Surgery from Erzurum Atatürk University in 2013, and a Ph.D. (Anatomy) from Erzurum Atatürk University.
- He has published various articles in different journals.
- Dr. Algan has various courses and certificates, such as Allergan implant selection techniques, Breast augmentation with Macrolene, Plastic reconstructive and aesthetic surgery, Hair and eyebrow transplantation, etc.
Cosmetic SurgeonHead of Department, 28 years of experience
- Dr. Cagri Sade is a renowned Plastic Surgeon with more than 25+ years of experience in the field.
- He graduated from the Faculty of Medicine, Ankara University in 1994 and completed his specialization in plastic and reconstructive surgery at the Şişli Etfal Hospital.
- Furthermore, he has traineeship under the supervision of Dr. Sherrell J. Aston, a renewed plastic surgeon, and educator based in New York.
- He has expertise in the treatment of Rhinoplasty (nose job), Liposuction, Tummy Tuck, Otoplasty (ear surgery), Blepharoplasty (eyelid correction), Breast reduction, Neck lift, Breast augmentation, and many more such procedures.
- Dr. Sade has performed close to 1000 successful surgeries and has an immense practice in a variety of surgical and non-surgical, aesthetic, and reconstructive procedures.
- He has publications in several state and national journals and has also presented many research papers in conferences.
Cosmetic SurgeonSenior Consultant, 19 years of experience
- Dr. Omer Sagir is one of the renowned Plastic and Aesthetic surgeon of Turkey having 19+ years of experience.
- He has completed his graduation from Dicle University, followed by a residency program of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery in Acıbadem Faculty of Medicine.
- Dr. Omer is a member of the International Society of Aesthetic, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, the Turkish Society of Aesthetic.
- He was also qualified as a fellow of the European Board of Plastic, Reconstructive, and Aesthetic Surgery, and was rewarded with the EU quality recognition.
- His area of clinical expertise lies in Nose Aesthetics, Breast Augmentation, Tummy Tuck, Prominent Ear Surgery, Botox, Lip filler, Under Eye Light Filler, Hair Transplant, Breast Reduction, Liposuction (Fat Removal), and many more.
- Under his credit, there are both national and international publications in accredited indexed journals. Moreover, he is actively invited as a guest speaker in scientific sessions, CDE's, Seminars, Worldwide Conferences to talk about Breast Augmentation.
Gender Change Surgery Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Gender Change Surgery - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Gender affirmation surgery gives people their desire gender. This surgery is usually done on face, chest, neck and gentilia.
Gender affirmation refers to an interpersonal interactive processs whereby a person receives social recognition and support from their gender identity and expression.
Gender affirmation surgery involves physcatrist consultation, hormonal therapy, surgery to develop male and female traits. These therapy help to chnage your gender in your way that your body reflects.
If a person thinks that he or she is born or bought up with some other gender and they have been mistakely assigned that gender they ca go for gender affirmation surgery.
Yes, gender affirmation surgery is for both the sex it involves male to female and female to male surgry.
During the Gender Change Surgery - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Gender affirmation surgery involves lot of specialist inclucing psychatrist, endocrinologist and plastic surgeons
1. Pyshatrist consultat
2. Hormonal therapy
3. Chest surgery
4. Gential surgery
Female to male surgery involves hormonal therapy then breast reduction surgery in which the fat and glands from female breasts are reduced to male. The last step of female to male surgery is changing of clitoris to penis in this process vagina is also removed and the urethera is also lenghtened and positioned.
Male to female therapy involves hormonal therapy, breast implant surgery in which by placing breast implant below the chest wall the appearance of male breast is given like female. The last step of male to female surgery is removing the penis and then converting into a vagina. A small incision os made into the scortum and the flap of the skin is pulled back.
After Gender Change Surgery - Most Frequently Asked Questions
You should take adequate rest as told by your surgeon. You should limit our physical activities, do not lift any hard objects. If your bottom surgery is done you will be told to be in hospital for 3-4 days after going home you should maintain your clealiness and proper hygiene so that no infection should occur. If you notice any difficulty then you should contact your doctor immediately.
In case of chest surgery recovery time will be of 2-3 days only and if you are undergoing bottom surgery then the recovery time will be of 7 to 10 days.
Some of the complications after gender affirmation surgery are hematoma, seroma and discharge from the nipple area. Delayed complications of the surger includes aesthetic dissatisfaction to the area, there can be aesthetic deformity which requires timely intervention.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Cosmetic Surgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals