Gastric Sleeve Surgery Cost In IndiaChat
Popular Cities in India for Gastric Sleeve Surgery are
Cost related to Gastric Sleeve Surgery in India
Help Us With Patient Details
Showing 117 Hospitals and doctors for Gastric Sleeve Surgery in IndiaFilter
- 1000 Number of beds
- New Delhi
- Number of beds
- 750 Number of beds
Frequently asked questions about Gastric Sleeve Surgery in India
Related to Cost
1. What are the tests included before Gastric sleeve surgery and what is its cost?
The tests required are a Complete Blood Count (CBC), Urinalysis, and a Chemical Panel. An EKG and a chest X-ray are performed on all patients. To check for gallstones, many surgeons request a gallbladder ultrasound. Medical testing related to the procedure accounts for 7-10% of the procedure cost. The treatment package contains the cost of the tests too.
2. Are the pharmacy and medicines cost included in the Gastric sleeve surgery package?
The cost of pharmacy and medicine is covered while the patient is receiving treatment at the hospital. Outside of the hospital, most medications are not covered by the package price.
3. Is there any post-treatment expense after Gastric sleeve surgery treatment?
Post-operative cost mainly includes follow-up consultation fee, dietician fee, physiotherapy, and medication.
4. How long do you stay in the hospital after the Gastric sleeve surgery?
Gastric sleeve surgery takes around one to two hours. The average length of stay in the hospital is 2-3 days. The average length of stay outside of the hospital is 7 days due to the possibility of leakage, nausea, constipation, and other issues.
5. Is the Gastric sleeve surgery covered by insurance?
Gastric sleeve surgery costs are typically not covered by a standard medical insurance policy. However, for a small additional fee, insurers now provide Gastric sleeve surgery insurance as an add-on coverage option.
6. Are there cheaper options for Gastric sleeve surgery?
There are alternatives like Intragastric balloon therapy, Gastric bypass, and Gastric Band Surgery (LAP-Band). The latter is less expensive than the others for Gastric sleeve surgery.
1. How does the gastric sleeve surgery work?
In gastric sleeve surgery, a surgeon reduces the stomach to a sleeve-like shape by removing much of it. Generally speaking about 90% of the stomach is reduced thereby leaving only 10% behind. Smaller stomach means lesser satiate and hence excess fats gets used. The surgery is irreversible and can help people lose a large proportion of their body weight.
2. When is gastric sleeve surgery not advised?
While there are no absolute contraindications to bariatric surgery, relative contraindications do exist. These include severe heart failure, unstable coronary artery disease, end-stage lung disease, active cancer treatment, portal hypertension, drug/alcohol dependency, and impaired intellectual capacity.
3. Can I get pregnant after Gastric sleeve surgery?
For a safe and healthy pregnancy, you should wait at least 18 months for your weight to stabilize before getting pregnant. Most women can get pregnant after a gastric sleeve surgery.
4. What is the most successful weight loss surgery?
The three types of surgery included gastric bypass, sleeve gastrectomy and adjustable gastric banding (also known as lap band). It is NOT about most successful surgery but which one is more suitable for you. A lot depends on your food habits, the type of food you intake depedning on your culture, nationality etc. So you must discuss about it in detail with the treating surgeon, which one is more suitable for you.
5. How many days will I have to stay in hospital for my surgery?
Usually for 3 days.
6. How much weight loss can I expect? .
It is found that patient loss between 75% to 80% of the excess weight. General rule of thumb for ideal weight is height (in cm) minus 100. So if you are 180 cm, your ideal weight should be 80 KG. If you are 120 KG then you have about 40 KG of extra weight. You should expect to lose about 30 –32 KG of weight loss post this procedure
7. What are the potential complications?
Medical complications that can arise are bleeding, leakage, DVT, hernia, obstruction. Thankfully, they are all treatable conditions and the incidence rate for these complications are between 2% - 5%.
8. Is there any risk to life?
Very less chances, It is about 0.3%
9. What is gastric sleeve surgery?
Gastric sleeve surgery removes the part of your stomach and joins the remaining portion of the stomach to make it a new banana size. This surgery removes a part of your stomach which removes hormone for boosting your appetite.
10. Is gastric sleeve surgery safe?
Yes, gastric sleeve surgery is very safe and effective treatment for obesity, it is the most common weight loss procedure followed worldwide.
11. How gastric sleeve is different from gastric bypass surgery?
In gastric bypass surgery a small pouch is being made which skips most part of the stomach and goes straight to intestine. Gastric sleeve is best for the people whose BMI is minimum of 40 and gastric sleeve removes the stomach and join it with other part to make it look like sleeve.
12. How gastric sleeve help in weight loss?
Gastric sleeve surgery helps you lose weight in two ways:
- Your stomach is significantly smaller so you feel full and stop eating sooner.
- The part of your stomach that produces hunger hormone is removed so you will not feel hungry
13. Who is a good candidate for this surgery?
This surgery is considered as a good option when your strong attempts of improving exercise and diet have not worked. Inspite of it you must fulfill the requirement of your body mass index whether you have any obesity related conditions or not.
14. How painful is gastric sleeve surgery?
You will have a significant amount of pain after surgery, the intensity and duration of pain varies according to the individual.
15. Does gastric sleeve last forever?
Yes, gastric sleeve surgery will last forever it will give you permanent result
16. Is gastric sleeve a major surgery?
Gastric sleeve surgery is a major operation done under general anaesthesia approx three fourth of your stomach is being removed in this.
17. Does gastric sleeve shorten life span?
No, lifespan of patient has not shortened but the lifespan of patient has increased up to 30 percent in past few years.
1. What is the duration of surgery?
It usually takes 1-1.5 hours.
2. How much time is needed for gastric sleeve surgery?
Gastric sleeve surgery takes about an hour to complete.
3. Who performs gastric sleeve surgery?
Gastric sleeve surgery is done by bariatric surgeon.
4. How gastric sleeve surgery is being done?
In gastric sleeve surgery surgeon will make few small cuts in your belly and then insert a laparoscope and then other instrument is being inserted which cuts and removes 3/4th of your stomach at last rest of the stomach is reattached to form the “sleeve. “
5. How gastric sleeve surgery is done?
In gastric sleeve surgery, the surgeon will make few small cut in your belly region and then insert a laproscope which sends a small tiny camera which has a picture to monitor your belly region after that an instrument is inserted by these cuts and 3/4th of your stomach is being removed. At last, the rest of your stomach to give it a tube shape.
1. What diet changes are important after gastric sleeve surgery?
Follow a diet low in calories, fats, and sweets. Keep a daily record of your food portions and of your calorie and protein intake. Eat slowly and chew small bites of food thoroughly. Avoid rice, bread, raw vegetables, and fresh fruits, as well as meats that are not easily chewed, such as pork and steak.
2. Recovery time after the surgery?
Person can begin walking within 6 hours, follow up on 7th day and go back to normal life after 7 days.
3. What will happen to my food habits post surgery?
You will be given a proper plan by a nutritionist for the next 12 months. You will be on liquid diet for first 2 weeks post surgery, on semi solid diet for next 2 weeks and then you resume to normal solid diet.
4. What are chances that I may regain my weight?
Doctor advices patients to maintain a healthy and active lifestyle to avoid regain. The surgery is a great tool to bring patient back to normal one time but there after individual also has to help and maintain that new normal.
5. Will I be needing medication life long?
Patient is advised for certain vitamins to taken externally for initial few years and then it can be tapered off.
6. What happens first week after gastric sleeve?
In the first week of the surgery you will continue to have a clear liquid diet for couple of days before surgery, it will give sufficient time for your body to heal and also to avoid post operative complications such as diarrhea, constipation and dehydration.
7. What are the risks and complications?
Gastric sleeve surgery is considered very safe surgery some of the risks and complications of the surgery are hemorrhage, deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, irregular heart beat, pneumonia, gastric leak, vitamin deficiency and heartburn.
8. How long is recovery from gastric sleeve?
It will take around two to three weeks for the incision to heal and around six to eight weeks for healing the staple line of stomach. One month after surgery people can begin their normal exercise routine till they are completely recovered.
9. What precautions you have to take after gastric sleeve surgery?
You have to keep restrictions in your diet after surgery. You have to eat and drink slowly and you have to eat small meals, restrict your carbohydrates, alcohol and caffeine. Immediately after surgery you have to eat liquid meal then start with semi solid and solid meals.
10. How much days you have to be in hospital after the surgery?
You are required to be in hospital for two to three days after the surgery.
11. What are the risks of gastric sleeve surgery?
Risks of gastric sleeve surgery includes blood clots, gallstones, hernia, internal bleeding, leakage, perforation of stomach or intestine, separation of skin etc.
12. Can you live a normal life after gastric sleeve?
Yes, you can definitely live a normal life after your gastric bypass surgery but you have to make some modifications in your life such as changes in your life, exercises and lifestyle.
13. Can stomach grow back after gastric sleeve?
Stomach may grow and grow back and stretches in size.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals