Gastric Bypass Treatment Cost In TurkeyChat
What is Gastric Bypass?
Gastric Bypass is a surgical procedure for weight loss in which the stomach is divided into a small upper portion and a larger lower pouch and then rearranging the small intestine to connect to both portions.
How is the Procedure Performed?
In Gastric Bypass, a surgeon makes several small incisions to insert a laparoscope and surgical tools to divide the stomach and connect the portions to the small intestine.
Who is the Right Doctor for Gastric Bypass Treatment?
A bariatric surgeon is a medical doctor who is an expert in performing Gastric Bypass Surgery.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The success rate of Gastric Bypass is usually high and lies above 95%.
Dumping syndrome, low blood sugar, bowel obstruction, ulcers, hernias, nausea, dizziness, malnutrition are some long-term risks for patients that may come with Gastric Bypass Surgery.
The cost of Gastric Bypass includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost (complete blood count (CBC), urinalysis, chemistry panel, chest X-ray, ECG, and gallbladder ultrasound)
Types of surgeries [Roux-en-Y (roo-en-wy) gastric bypass, Sleeve gastrectomy, Biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch]
Post-Operative cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
Patient's hospital stay
Note: Post Surgery patients will have to follow a proper diet plan by a nutritionist for the next 12 months.
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
The severity of the disease
Post-surgical complication, if it happens (such as Hemorrhage, Infection, Blood clots)
Cost of Blood products (if required)
Age of the patient
An extended stay at the Hospital
Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Cost related to Gastric Bypass Treatment in Turkey
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Gastric Bypass Surgery||USD 4950 to USD 6050|
Gastric Bypass Treatment in Turkey
Popular Cities in Turkey for Gastric Bypass Treatment are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Gastric Bypass Treatment in TurkeyFilter
Showing 17 Hospitals and doctors for Gastric Bypass Treatment in Turkey
Hisar Hospital Intercontinental, Istanbul
Based in Ümraniye, Istanbul, Hisar Hospital Intercontinental is amongst the largest private hospitals in Turkey. Founded in 2006, this hospital is spanned in an area of 35,000 square meters. It is accredited by the US Joint Commission International (JCI) which assures international standards for quality diagnosis and treatment.
The various facilities offered by the hospital include airport pickup, translation services, medical travel insurance, car hire, airport pickup, interpreter services, Rehabilitation, free WiFi, TV in the room, nursery or nanny services, pharmacy, laundry, Visa / Travel office, dry cleaning, hotel booking, flight booking, mobility accessible rooms, local tourism options and more.
Furthermore, if any patient is not able to travel to visit the hospital, then he can utilize ‘Online doctor consultation’ facility provided by the hospital. To provide with all the better facilities to international patients, the hospital accepts special dietary requests and provides local transportation booking.
Medical Park Group, İstanbul
As Istanbul is gearing to become one of the world’s preferred destinations for medical treatments; it has raised the choices amongst several hospitals and clinics. Hence, doctors and specialists have gathered to form Medical Park Group for successful medical outcomes with healthcare solutions. Patients from Middle East, Europe, Asia, North America entrust Medical Park doctors for their treatments.
Continuously serving patients with their healthcare services since 1993, irrespective of socioeconomic status, the hospitals boost the quality and quantity of services meeting higher service standards following the principle “healthcare for all”.
Medical Park Hospitals provides qualitative therapeutic and diagnostic services in all hospitals, with three accredited by Joint Commission International (JCI) with specialists, patient-oriented service approach using technological intelligence under one roof. The hospitals ensure to serve and heal patients for a ‘healthier’ Turkey.
Over 40 Languages Spoken!
Help desk section is setup at each of the complex to guide medical tourists and provide translation services in over 40 languages including English, Dutch, French, German, Russian, Spanish and more!
Istinye University Hospital, Istanbul
- Established in 2016, Istinye University Hospital is a multidisciplinary medical facility and a member of Liv Hospital Group.
- The hospital is JCI and ISO 9001 certified, which indicates a high level of quality services.
- It brings the impeccable service of the Liv Hospital and academic approach of the University of Istinye under one roof.
- This university hospital not only conducts education and research activities but also provides tertiary healthcare services.
- The team of doctors performs more than 5,000 kidney transplants and 1000 liver transplants every year.
- The patient rooms are designed for maximum comfort just as a 5-star hotel.
- Every month, more than 100 international patients get treatment from the hospital.
- It is one of the few hospitals in Turkey which has a pediatric Intensive Care Unit.
Doctors for Gastric Bypass Treatment in Turkey
Obesity and Bariatric SurgeonAssociate Professor, 20 years of experience
- Dr. Tuğrul Demirel is a renowned Bariatric Specialist. He is associated with Medical Park Group, Istanbul.
- Dr. Tuğrul Demirel attained his medical education from Trakya University Medical Faculty Dept. Of General Surgery and M.D. from the University of Istanbul, Istanbul School of Medicine.
- Dr. Tuğrul Demirel is an expert in performing Revisional Bariatric Surgeries which is especially referred by R-Y Gastric Bypass and MGB patients for weight regain and biliary reflux respectively.
- Dr. Tuğrul Demirel’s expertise lies in Bariatric Surgery, Obesity Surgery, Diabetes Surgery, and Revision Surgery.
- Dr. Demirel has an acceptably wide experience on Duodenal Switch and De Meester Switch extending over 150 cases.
- Dr. Demirel has extensive experience in Type 2 Diabetes Surgery and performs Duodenoileal Interposition with the Diverted Sleeve Gastrectomy for over 6 years to date and performed over 200 Interposition surgeries.
- Dr. Demirel has been associated with several medical institutions in the past.
- Dr. Demirel has several papers and publications to his credit.
General SurgeonProfessor, 23 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Aziz Sumer is a reputed General Surgeon with an experience of more than 23+ years.
- He graduated from Akdeniz University Faculty of Medicine in 1997 and in 2005, he completed his specialization in Istanbul Haydarpaşa Numune Training and Research Hospital, 2nd General Surgery Clinic.
- He was trained in The Endocrine and Laparoscopic surgery in Austria, working in AKH Hospital under the supervision of Prof. Bruno Niederle M.D in Section of Endocrine Surgery, Division of General Surgery of Medical University of Vienna in 2005.
- In 2011, he participated in operating room performance with Professor Salvador Morales Conde in the studies of Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery and Morbid Obesity Surgery in Virgen del Rocio University in Spain.
- He has expertise in Overweight (Obesity), Type 2 Diabetes, Cancer, Gastric cancer, Colon cancer, Rectal Cancer, Pancreatic Cancer, Bile duct cancer, Breast Diseases, Breast cancer, Breast Cyst, Fibroadenoma, Reflux, Hiatal Hernia (Gastric Hernia), etc.
- Dr. Sumer has more than 100 articles in national and international journals, 5 book chapters and translations.
Colo-Rectal SurgeonProfessor, 21 years of experience
- Dr. Tarik Zafer Nursal is a leading and experienced General Surgeon with +21 years of experience in the field of general surgery.
- He holds professional memberships of the Turkish Association of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition, the European Society of Endoscopic Surgery, the Turkish Surgery Association, the Hernia Association and the Çukurova Surgery Association.
- Dr. Nursal completed his MBBS in 1993 from the Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine. After a year's internship, he earned his general surgery specialisation in 1999. In 2011, he earned his Associate Degree from Andalou University Open Education Faculty Health Institutions Management.
- Dr. Nursal is a renowned general surgeon with expertise in performing surgeries of the hernia/breast and obesity surgeries. He has extensive experience in performing advanced laparoscopic surgeries such as, gastric fundoplication, achalasia, adrenalectomy, splenectomy and colon surgeries. He also surgically treats, gall bladder stones, thyroid, goitre, cancers of the stomach/colon/breast/rectum and rectal tumours, rect prolapse and oncoplasty procedures.
- He is also experienced in attending to emergency cases, working in internal medicine and surgical ICUs.
- Dr. Nursal has co-authored several research papers for leading journals.
Gastric Bypass Treatment Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Gastric Bypass Treatment - Most Frequently Asked Questions
One should work alongside the doctor to choose the best weight loss procedure for you. Gastric bypass patients lose between 50 to 80 percent of excess bodyweight within 12 to 18 months, on average. Gastric sleeve patients lose between 60 and 70 percent of their excess body weight within 12 to 18 months, on average.
For all bariatric procedures, pure reversal without conversion to another bariatric procedure is almost certainly followed by a return to morbid obesity. Gastric bypass can be reversed, though this is rarely required.
Thats right.. Bariatric surgery helps patients get rid of a lot of medical problems such as Asthma, DIabetes, Hypertension, Obstructive Sleep Apnea etc.
Most women can get pregnant after a gastric sleeve surgery, the procedure itself can help in case infertility was related to obesity However, it is advised to postpone a pregnancy for 18 months after the surgery and to allow the body to stabilize weight for healthy pregnancy.
Usually three days.
Medical complications that can arise are bleeding, leakage, DVT, hernia, obstruction. Thankfully, they are all treatable conditions and the incidence rate for these complications are between 2% - 5%.
It is about 0.3%
Gastric bypass surgery is a type of weight loss surgery in which a small pouch is being created in stomach which connects the newly created pouch directly to the small intestine. After gastric bypass surgery food is being swallowed to small pouch of stomach and then directly to small intestine which passes most part of your stomach and first section of your small intestine.
Gastric bypass is done to help you lose excess weight and reduce your risk of potentially life-threatening weight-related health problems, including Gastroesophageal reflux disease, Heart disease, High blood pressure, High cholesterol, Obstructive sleep apnea and many others.
You can qualify for gastric bypass surgery if you have a BMI of 35-39 or even more than it can also go for gastric bypass surgery.
Gastric bypass is a serious surgery it also carries some risks along with it. Some of the risks of the procedure includes infection, blood clots and internal bleeding. A new connection is created in your intestine and stomach which will fully heal within a weak.
During the Gastric Bypass Treatment - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Usually lasts for 1-2 hours.
Right before the procedure you have to restrict your eating and drinking and avoid smoking and drinking as prescribed by the doctor.
This surgery takes only few hours to be done under general anaesthesia.
This surgery is being done under general anaesthesia. In some surgery traditional large incisions are being made in your abdomen. After making the incisions with the open or laparoscopic technique, the surgeon cuts across the top of your stomach, sealing it off from the rest of your stomach. The resulting pouch is about the size of a walnut and can hold only about an ounce of food. Then, the surgeon cuts the small intestine and sews part of it directly onto the pouch. Food then goes into this small pouch of stomach and then directly into the small intestine sewn to it. Food bypasses most of your stomach and the first section of your small intestine, and instead enters directly into the middle part of your small intestine.
Hospital stay is generally for one to two days but in some cases it can be even more than it.
After Gastric Bypass Treatment - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Those who undergo weight loss surgery may be asked to take a complete multivitamin, calcium with Vitamin D, iron and Vitamin C, Vitamin D, and Vitamin B12
Yes moderate exercising and diet modifications would be required.
Patients with a desk or sedentary job will be able to return to work 7-10 days after the operation. Those who have strenuous occupations will have activity and lifting limitations until 3 weeks after surgery.
Person can begin walking within 6 hours, follow up on 7th day and go back to normal life after 7 days.
It is found that patient loss between 75% to 80% of the excess weight. General rule of thumb for ideal weight is height (in cm) minus 100. So if you are 180 cm, your ideal weight should be 80 KG. If you are 120 KG then you have about 40 KG of extra weight. You should expect to lose about 30 –32 KG of weight loss post this procedure
You will be given a proper plan by a nutritionist for the next 12 months. You will be on liquid diet for first 2 weeks post surgery, on semi solid diet for next 2 weeks and then you resume to normal solid diet.
Doctor advices patients to maintain a healthy and active lifestyle to avoid regain. The surgery is a great tool to bring patient back to normal one time but there after individual also has to help and maintain that new normal.
Patient is advised for certain vitamins to taken externally for initial few years and then it can be tapered off.
It will take around three to five weeks to recover from gastric bypass surgery. You can go out to do your normal workout in two to three days.
Some of the foods you should avoid after surgery are red meats, greasy, high fat foods, heavy seasoned or spicy food, sugary foods, alcohol, microwave heated foods.
Some of the risks associated with gastric bypass surgery includes excessive bleeding, infection, adverse reaction to anesthesia, blood clots, breathing problems, leaks in gastrointestinal system. Some of the longer risks and complications of the surgery are bowel obstruction, dumping syndrome, gallstones, hernias, ulcers and vomiting.
Immediately after the surgery you have to be on liquid food and you are not allowed to eat any solid food because your stomach and intestine begins to heal. After that you have to follow a special diet plan of eating semi solid and soft food and then you can eat firm foods.
Gastric bypass can provide long-term weight loss. The amount of weight you lose depends on your type of surgery and your change in lifestyle habits.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Gastric Bypass
FAQ videos related to Gastric Bypass
More searches related to Gastric Bypass Treatment
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Gastric Bypass in other countries, compared to Turkey?
Approximate price of Gastric Bypass in other countries compared to Turkey is:
- India, USD 4640 to USD 6960, approximately 5% higher than Turkey
- Thailand, USD 10400 to USD 15600, approximately 136% higher than Turkey
- Germany, USD 10000 to USD 15000, approximately 127% higher than Turkey
- Israel, USD 14000 to USD 21000, approximately 218% higher than Turkey
- Singapore, USD 16000 to USD 24000, approximately 264% higher than Turkey
- Malaysia, USD 6400 to USD 9600, approximately 45% higher than Turkey