Gastric Bypass Treatment Cost In IndiaChat
What is Gastric Bypass?
Gastric Bypass is a surgical procedure for weight loss in which the stomach is divided into a small upper portion and a larger lower pouch and then rearranging the small intestine to connect to both portions.
How is the Procedure Performed?
In Gastric Bypass, a surgeon makes several small incisions to insert a laparoscope and surgical tools to divide the stomach and connect the portions to the small intestine.
Who is the Right Doctor for Gastric Bypass Treatment?
A bariatric surgeon is a medical doctor who is an expert in performing Gastric Bypass Surgery.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The success rate of Gastric Bypass is usually high and lies above 95%.
Dumping syndrome, low blood sugar, bowel obstruction, ulcers, hernias, nausea, dizziness, malnutrition are some long-term risks for patients that may come with Gastric Bypass Surgery.
The cost of Gastric Bypass includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost (complete blood count (CBC), urinalysis, chemistry panel, chest X-ray, ECG, and gallbladder ultrasound)
Types of surgeries [Roux-en-Y (roo-en-wy) gastric bypass, Sleeve gastrectomy, Biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch]
Post-Operative cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
Patient's hospital stay
Note: Post Surgery patients will have to follow a proper diet plan by a nutritionist for the next 12 months.
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
The severity of the disease
Post-surgical complication, if it happens (such as Hemorrhage, Infection, Blood clots)
Cost of Blood products (if required)
Age of the patient
An extended stay at the Hospital
Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Cost related to Gastric Bypass Treatment in India
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Gastric Bypass Surgery||Rs.257520 to Rs.343360|
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Gastric Bypass Treatment in IndiaFilter
Showing 117 Hospitals and doctors for Gastric Bypass Treatment in India
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
This is the first weight loss hospital in India to introduce the Robotic technique for Bariatrics and the first hospital to do single incision gastric bypass surgery.
It has performed the Robotic surgery on Asia’s heaviest patient weighing 384 kgs.
Several bariatric procedures such gastric band, sleeve gastrectomy, gastric bypass, mini gastric bypass, bilio-pancreatic diversion are routinely performed at the hospital.
This is one of the very few centers in the nations which has performed nearly 1000 bariatric surgeries so far.
Dr. Neha Shah is working as a laparoscopic and bariatric surgeon at the hospital with an experience of nearly 17 years.
Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road, Chennai
The hospital has done Asia's first scarless endoscopic revision gastroplasty for failed bariatric surgery along with Apollo Endosurgery, USA.
It is the pioneer and the premier center for the robotic technique for Bariatrics including Gastric Bypass, Sleeve gastrectomy & Revision Bariatrics.
Dr. Jayanth Leo X L is one of the bariatric surgeons at the hospital with an experience of more than 8 years.
He has done fellowships in minimally invasive bariatric surgery and advanced laparoscopic surgery.
Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai
The hospital has a vast team of bariatric experts who are skilled to perform minimally invasive surgeries; robotic or laparoscopic.
In addition to the surgery, the patients are rendered comprehensive follow-up and weight loss programmes for long-term benefit.
Several complex procedures like laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy, duodenal-jejunal bypass, mini gastric bypass, revision bariatric surgery, single anastomosis gastric bypass are routinely performed at the hospital.
Dr. Manoj Jain is working as a bariatric surgeon with the hospital, holding a vast experience of nearly 15 years.
He has performed more than 7000 laparoscopic surgeries and has a special interest in bariatric and metabolic surgery.
Doctors for Gastric Bypass Treatment in India
Obesity and Bariatric SurgeonSenior Consultant, 34 years of experience
- At present he is one of the world’s youngest surgeons with an experience of over 7000 laparoscopic operations. (Surgical experience of 34 years and Laparoscopic experience for 24 years)
- Done the world’s first Laparoscopic operation of Gall Bladder fistula with the large intestine which too is recognized over the world in eminent medical journals.
- Done the world’s first Thoracoscopic removal of the Hydatid cyst of the lungs.
- Worked on the other complex and advanced laparoscopic operations for various abdominal and chest problems.
- Conducted one of the first series in the world in 1994, showing the feasibility and safety of doing Laparoscopic gall bladder surgery and sending home on the same day.
- One of the very few Indians who have had the honor to be a tutor in Laparoscopic Surgery in the courses conducted at The Royal College of Surgeons, London. Presently he is a tutor in Surgery for the Royal College of Surgeons of UK and also an examiner for MRCS conducted by the Royal College.
- One of the few surgeons doing ETS for Hyperhidrosis
- His specialties are Robotic and Laparoscopic Gastric bypass and Laparoscopic Gastric banding for Morbid Obesity ( Pioneer of robotic single anastomosis gastric bypass surgery in the world, has presented this at European, British and American forums )
Cost of consultation for Gastric Bypass Treatment with Dr. Arun Prasad starts from INR 1500.
Obesity and Bariatric SurgeonDirector, 33 years of experience
- Dr A.K. Kriplani is one of the most respected surgeon in the field of laparoscopic and gastrointestinal surgery in India .
- With an experience of over 33 years, he is among the first few surgeons to introduce laparoscopic surgery in India & also advancing it to the next levels.
- He was the first one to perform laparoscopic adrenalectomy, laparoscopic splenectomy and laparoscopic live donor nephrectomy for renal transplant in India.
- He has been awarded with many International awards and honour’s including the prestigious Dr S.R. Joglekar Award and Dr N. Sethuraman Oration.
- He has trained hundreds of surgeons in laparoscopic surgery from India and adjoining countries like Nepal, Afghanistan, Pakistan, etc.
- Dr Kriplani completed his MBBS & MS from the Ravi Shankar University in Raipur, Madhya Pradesh
- Dr Kriplani has been invited nationally and internationally for delivering guest lectures and demonstration of live laparoscopic surgeries.
- He can be followed at LinkedIn https://in.linkedin.com/in/drakkriplani
Cost of consultation for Gastric Bypass Treatment with Dr. Ajay Kumar Kriplani starts from INR 1000.
Obesity and Bariatric SurgeonConsultant, 18 years of experience
- Dr Mriganka Sekhar Sharma is a renowned Bariatric Surgeon in Gurgaon.
- With an experience of over 18+ years, he has got the opportunity to work with some of the renowned institutes of India at key positions.
- Dr Sharma has done his MBBS & MS from some of the most eminent institutes in India.
- Dr Mriganka Sekhar Sharma has been awarded by several certifications by respected institutions like Certificate of PACE program on Mini Gastric Bypass, BLS and BTLS certificates by Indian Institute of Emergency Medical Services in association with Basic Trauma Life support International INC and American Heart Association
Cost of consultation for Gastric Bypass Treatment with Dr. Mriganka Sekhar Sharma starts from INR 1250.
Gastric Bypass Treatment Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Gastric Bypass Treatment - Most Frequently Asked Questions
One should work alongside the doctor to choose the best weight loss procedure for you. Gastric bypass patients lose between 50 to 80 percent of excess bodyweight within 12 to 18 months, on average. Gastric sleeve patients lose between 60 and 70 percent of their excess body weight within 12 to 18 months, on average.
For all bariatric procedures, pure reversal without conversion to another bariatric procedure is almost certainly followed by a return to morbid obesity. Gastric bypass can be reversed, though this is rarely required.
Thats right.. Bariatric surgery helps patients get rid of a lot of medical problems such as Asthma, DIabetes, Hypertension, Obstructive Sleep Apnea etc.
Most women can get pregnant after a gastric sleeve surgery, the procedure itself can help in case infertility was related to obesity However, it is advised to postpone a pregnancy for 18 months after the surgery and to allow the body to stabilize weight for healthy pregnancy.
Usually three days.
Medical complications that can arise are bleeding, leakage, DVT, hernia, obstruction. Thankfully, they are all treatable conditions and the incidence rate for these complications are between 2% - 5%.
It is about 0.3%
Gastric bypass surgery is a type of weight loss surgery in which a small pouch is being created in stomach which connects the newly created pouch directly to the small intestine. After gastric bypass surgery food is being swallowed to small pouch of stomach and then directly to small intestine which passes most part of your stomach and first section of your small intestine.
Gastric bypass is done to help you lose excess weight and reduce your risk of potentially life-threatening weight-related health problems, including Gastroesophageal reflux disease, Heart disease, High blood pressure, High cholesterol, Obstructive sleep apnea and many others.
You can qualify for gastric bypass surgery if you have a BMI of 35-39 or even more than it can also go for gastric bypass surgery.
Gastric bypass is a serious surgery it also carries some risks along with it. Some of the risks of the procedure includes infection, blood clots and internal bleeding. A new connection is created in your intestine and stomach which will fully heal within a weak.
During the Gastric Bypass Treatment - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Usually lasts for 1-2 hours.
Right before the procedure you have to restrict your eating and drinking and avoid smoking and drinking as prescribed by the doctor.
This surgery takes only few hours to be done under general anaesthesia.
This surgery is being done under general anaesthesia. In some surgery traditional large incisions are being made in your abdomen. After making the incisions with the open or laparoscopic technique, the surgeon cuts across the top of your stomach, sealing it off from the rest of your stomach. The resulting pouch is about the size of a walnut and can hold only about an ounce of food. Then, the surgeon cuts the small intestine and sews part of it directly onto the pouch. Food then goes into this small pouch of stomach and then directly into the small intestine sewn to it. Food bypasses most of your stomach and the first section of your small intestine, and instead enters directly into the middle part of your small intestine.
Hospital stay is generally for one to two days but in some cases it can be even more than it.
After Gastric Bypass Treatment - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Those who undergo weight loss surgery may be asked to take a complete multivitamin, calcium with Vitamin D, iron and Vitamin C, Vitamin D, and Vitamin B12
Yes moderate exercising and diet modifications would be required.
Patients with a desk or sedentary job will be able to return to work 7-10 days after the operation. Those who have strenuous occupations will have activity and lifting limitations until 3 weeks after surgery.
Person can begin walking within 6 hours, follow up on 7th day and go back to normal life after 7 days.
It is found that patient loss between 75% to 80% of the excess weight. General rule of thumb for ideal weight is height (in cm) minus 100. So if you are 180 cm, your ideal weight should be 80 KG. If you are 120 KG then you have about 40 KG of extra weight. You should expect to lose about 30 –32 KG of weight loss post this procedure
You will be given a proper plan by a nutritionist for the next 12 months. You will be on liquid diet for first 2 weeks post surgery, on semi solid diet for next 2 weeks and then you resume to normal solid diet.
Doctor advices patients to maintain a healthy and active lifestyle to avoid regain. The surgery is a great tool to bring patient back to normal one time but there after individual also has to help and maintain that new normal.
Patient is advised for certain vitamins to taken externally for initial few years and then it can be tapered off.
It will take around three to five weeks to recover from gastric bypass surgery. You can go out to do your normal workout in two to three days.
Some of the foods you should avoid after surgery are red meats, greasy, high fat foods, heavy seasoned or spicy food, sugary foods, alcohol, microwave heated foods.
Some of the risks associated with gastric bypass surgery includes excessive bleeding, infection, adverse reaction to anesthesia, blood clots, breathing problems, leaks in gastrointestinal system. Some of the longer risks and complications of the surgery are bowel obstruction, dumping syndrome, gallstones, hernias, ulcers and vomiting.
Immediately after the surgery you have to be on liquid food and you are not allowed to eat any solid food because your stomach and intestine begins to heal. After that you have to follow a special diet plan of eating semi solid and soft food and then you can eat firm foods.
Gastric bypass can provide long-term weight loss. The amount of weight you lose depends on your type of surgery and your change in lifestyle habits.
How much does Gastric Bypass cost in different cities in India?
The price for Gastric Bypass in different cities in India is approximately in the range of:
- New Delhi: Rs.217604 to Rs.340356
- Gurgaon: Rs.223184 to Rs.334776
- Noida: Rs.209235 to Rs.348725
- Chennai: Rs.223184 to Rs.320827
- Mumbai: Rs.228764 to Rs.340356
- Bangalore: Rs.217604 to Rs.329196
- Kolkata: Rs.209235 to Rs.315247
- Jaipur: Rs.195286 to Rs.312458
- Mohali: Rs.200866 to Rs.474266
- Ahmedabad: Rs.186917 to Rs.309668
- Hyderabad: Rs.214815 to Rs.326407
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Gastric Bypass
FAQ videos related to Gastric Bypass
More searches related to Gastric Bypass Treatment
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Gastric Bypass in other countries, compared to India?
Approximate price of Gastric Bypass in other countries compared to India is:
- Turkey, USD 4400 to USD 6600, approximately 5% lower than India
- Thailand, USD 10400 to USD 15600, approximately 124% higher than India
- Germany, USD 10000 to USD 15000, approximately 116% higher than India
- Israel, USD 14000 to USD 21000, approximately 202% higher than India
- Singapore, USD 16000 to USD 24000, approximately 245% higher than India
- Malaysia, USD 6400 to USD 9600, approximately 38% higher than India