Gamma Knife Cost In TurkeyChat
What is Gamma Knife?
Gamma knife radiosurgery is the term coined for the type of radiation therapy which is used for the treatment of tumors, vascular malformation, and some other abnormalities in the brain.
It is advised in cases of deep brain seated tumors that are not operable and in case a patient's condition is not eligible for standard surgery.
How is the Procedure Performed?
It is another form of SRS ( stereotactic radiosurgery), it is not a surgery, and there is no incision; only radiation is given in a focused manner.
Gamma Knife radiosurgery uses specialized equipment to focus about 200 tiny radiation beams upon a tumor. Although each beam has very less effect on the brain tissue it passes through, a high dose of radiation is delivered to the place where all the beams meet.
The precision of brain stereotactic radiosurgery results in minimal radiation delivery to healthy tissues surrounding the target. Gamma Knife radiosurgery is usually a daycare therapy completed in a single day.
Who is the Right Doctor for Gamma Knife?
The right doctor for performing a gamma knife surgery is a neurosurgeon and oncologist.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
Gamma knife radiosurgery is nearly 90% successful in destroying and shrinking the tumorous cells in the brain. and it does not hurt so do not require anesthesia.
The cost of Gamma Knife Treatment includes:
- Diagnostic tests cost (blood tests, CT scans, MRI, PET scan, etc.)
- Procedure cost
- Post-procedure cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
- Cost of medications
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
- The severity of the disease (tumour size, location, and shape)
- Post-procedure complication, if it happens
- Any additional tests may require knowing the status of the disease during treatment
- An extended stay at the hospital
- Cost of accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident
Cost related to Gamma Knife in Turkey
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Gamma Knife for AVM or Brain Tumor||USD 8100 to USD 9900|
Help Us With Patient Details
Images Related To Gamma Knife
Gamma Knife Radiosurgery
Gamma Knife treatment overview.
Gamma Knife vs Cyber knife treatment.
Gamma Knife treatment.
Top hospitals and doctors for Gamma Knife in TurkeyFilter
Showing 16 Hospitals and doctors for Gamma Knife in Turkey
Hisar Hospital Intercontinental, Istanbul
- The Hisar Hospital’s Neurology department works with a multidisciplinary approach with an aim to provide diagnostic and effective healthcare.
- The Hisar Hospital’s Oncology department offers services such as management of Alzheimer’s disease, Back pain, Bell’s palsy, Birth defects of the brain and spinal cord, Brain Injury, Cerebral palsy, Disk disease of the neck and lower back, Dizziness, Epilepsy, Headaches, Migraines, Sclerosis, Muscular dystrophy, etc.
Medical Park Group, İstanbul
The Department of Neuroscience at Medical Park offers specialized neurological services, and specialists committed to providing state-of-the-art, all-inclusive care.
Prof. Dr. Surat Canbay is one of the renowned Neurosurgeons in Medical Park Hospital with experience of 30+ years.
His clinical area of interest lies in the treatment of brain and spine tumors.
Medical Park Neurology & Neurosurgery Center programs are led by internationally recognized specialists who are the experts in diagnosing and treating the most complex brain and spinal disorders.
Medical Park is rated the World's 10th Most Excellent Center in Parkinson's Disease Surgery.
The method applied in the surgical treatment of Parkinson's Disease and many movement disorders success rates is 80%.
In the neurological department at Medical Park Group, the department offers Brain Tumor Surgery, Tremor Surgery, and Spinal Surgery and other special treatment methods.
Anadolu Medical Center, Kocaeli, Istanbul
Founded in 2005, Anadolu Health Center is located in Gebze district of Turkey. It is affiliated with Johns Hopkins Hospital in the United States, which is the number one medical center in the USA. The hospital has outpatient clinics in Istanbul at Ataşehir.
Anadolu Medical Center is accredited with JCI (Joint Commission International), OECI, ISO (18001, 14001 and 9001) certifications, OHSAS 18001 and ESMO (European Society for Medical Oncology).
The hospital covers a wide range of services, including neurological sciences, cardiovascular health, oncology, gynecology and IVF, diagnosis, and imaging. There are nine oncology departments, including Oncology Diagnosis, Surgical Oncology, Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Hematologic Oncology and Onco-cardiology.
The hospital provides airport pick up and drop facility, visa assistance and translator for French, English, Spanish, Russian, Persian and German. Language assistance is free of charge for international patients. The hospital examines medical reports in English and Russian language.
Doctors for Gamma Knife in Turkey
NeurosurgeonChairman, 31 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Nejat Akalan is a neurosurgeon with more than 31 years of experience.
- He is a leading neurosurgeon for general neurosurgery and epilepsy operation in children.
- Dr. Akalan has expertise in treating glioma, epilepsy, movement disorders, skull injuries, nervous disorders, spine tumors, herniation, and other brain and spine problems.
- Dr. Akalan has published 117 scientific papers in international and national editions.
- He co-authors the book ‘Advances and Technical Standards in Neurosurgery.
NeurosurgeonConsultant, 20 years of experience
- Dr.Ilya Pekarsky is amongst the top-rated Neurosurgeons in the world.
- He is currently working with the Medical Park Healthcare group.
- Dr.Ilya Pekarsky completed his graduation from the Russian National Research Medical University and upgraded his further qualification from prestigious institutions in the USA, Switzerland, France, Italy, and Austria.
- His expertise lies in surgical and nonsurgical treatment of herniated discs, scoliosis, disc space narrowing, and neurosurgical rehabilitation.
- He performs around 60 surgeries every month.
- He is an active member of various organizations including the Israeli Orthopedic Association (IOA), Israeli Spine Society, and Spine Society of Europe.
NeurosurgeonHOD, 37 years of experience
- Dr. Ali Fahir Ozer is a renowned Neurosurgeon practicing successfully for more than 37 years.
- He is adept at performing Brain and Spine Surgery.
- His area of specialization covers biomechanics of the spine and dynamic stabilization of the spine.
- He has taken the patent of spinal products used in spinal surgery.
- He is a member of numerous prestigious associations that include Eurospine, North American Spine Society, AO Spine, Turkish Neurosurgical Society, International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery (ISAS), International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery–Turkey Chapter, Cervical Research Society (CRS), The International Society for Minimal Intervention in Spinal Surgery (ISMISS), and Middle East Spine Society (MESS) etc.
- The doctor has been involved in research and has authored or co‐authored over 200 papers and written 24 book chapters.
- He is also the editor of 7 books and a referee at Spine Journal, World Neurosurgery, Turkish Neurosurgery and Case Reports in Orthopaedics.
- He has completed Medical Doctor Training from Ataturk University, 1969-1976. Thereafter, he pursued Neurosurgery Specialist Training from Hacettepe University Department of Neurosurgery, 1977-1982.
Gamma Knife Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Neurosurgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Gamma Knife in other countries, compared to Turkey?
Approximate price of Gamma Knife in other countries compared to Turkey is:
- India, USD 4960 to USD 7440, approximately 31% lower than Turkey
- Thailand, USD 6000 to USD 9000, approximately 17% lower than Turkey
- Germany, USD 7200 to USD 10800, approximately 0% higher than Turkey
- Singapore, USD 44000 to USD 66000, approximately 511% higher than Turkey
- Malaysia, USD 9920 to USD 14880, approximately 38% higher than Turkey