Craniotomy Cost In IndiaChat
What is Craniotomy?
The process of removing a bony flap from the skull area to operate the brain area is known as craniotomy.
It is the surgery for making a brain accessible for operation. it is commonly used for the treatment of brain cancer, brain tumour, brain aneurysm and in cases of accidental brain injury.
It has minimum invasion and hence is widely used.
How is the Procedure Performed?
In this process of craniotomy, a bony flap from the skull is temporarily removed for clear access of the brain part which is to be operated on, post-surgery the flap is put back in its position.
This helps in minimal skull opening and has good healing afterward.
Who is the Right Doctor for Craniotomy?
The process of craniotomy is done by neurosurgeon.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
In terms of mortality rate, zero death is reported in craniotomy procedures. However, it reduces the surgery time and postoperative hospital stay.
It has better outcomes and fewer side effects.
The Cost of Craniotomy Surgery Includes:
- Preoperative Diagnostic Tests Cost May Include [CT Scan or MRI of the brain]
- Surgery Cost (Depends upon the type and size of the tumour and the extent to which the tumour has spread)
- Type of Surgery [Craniotomy, Endoscopic Endonasal Surgery, Neuroendoscopic Surgery, or Spinal Surgery]
- Post-Operative Cost [there might be a need for Chemotherapy or Radiotherapy before or post-surgery]
- Patient's Hospital Stay [can range from a few days to a couple of weeks]
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
- Type of Hospital and Room Opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
- The Stage and Type of Cancer
- Patients May Require Repeated Investigation through PET CT and Related Tests Post-surgery / Chemotherapy / Radiation Therapy.
- Any Additional Tests May be Required, Such as ECG or Blood Tests.
- An Extended Stay at the Hospital
- Cost of Accommodation During Follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident [may take longer duration in case of chemotherapy or radiotherapy sessions]
Cost related to Craniotomy in India
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Craniotomy Surgery||Rs.293040 to Rs.390720|
|Microvascular Decompression MVD||Rs.288600 to Rs.384800|
Help Us With Patient Details
Images Related To Craniotomy
What is Craniotomy?
Reasons for Craniotomy.
How Craniotomy Surgery is done?
Procedure for Craniotomy Surgery.
Top hospitals and doctors for Craniotomy in IndiaFilter
Showing 132 Hospitals and doctors for Craniotomy in India
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Established in 1996, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital is NABL and JCI accredited.
- Apollo Group offers 10,000 beds across 64 hospitals, more than 2,200 pharmacies, over 100 primary care & diagnostic clinics and 115 telemedicine units across 9 countries.
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital has 52 specialties under one roof.
- Major specialities of the hospital include Anaesthesia, Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery, Cancer, Paediatrics, Critical Care, Emergency Care, Fetal Medicine, Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Interventional Radiology, IVF, Liver and Kidney Transplant, Nuclear Medicine, Nephrology, Neurosciences, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, Otolaryngology (ENT), Paediatrics, Pediatric Surgery, Psychiatry and Clinical Psychology, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Respiratory & Sleep Medicine, Rheumatology, Spine Surgery, Urology and Andrology and Vascular and Endovascular Surgery.
- First hospital in India to perform a Paediatric Liver Transplant in 1998.
- The hospital ranked first in Neurosciences, Renal Sciences, Oncology, Paediatrics, Gynaecology and Obstetrics & Emergency in The Times Of India Healthcare Survey 2016.
- It has also ranked the 6th Best Private Hospital in India for Cardiology by The WEEK in the Best Hospital Survey 2013 conducted by A C Nielsen.
- Awarded a Special Commendation for the Golden Peacock Environment Management Award by a jury chaired by Justice P. N. Bhagwati and Former Chief Justice of India for the hospital's environmental practices.
Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon
The neurosurgical experts deliver the superlative degree of clinical care with a focus on using minimally invasive techniques whenever possible.
The team is highly skilled in treating conditions such as a cerebral aneurysm, Arteriovenous Malformations, Subarachnoid Haemorrhage, Metastatic Spinal Column Tumours etc
The neurosurgery is well-armed with the modern equipment to perform deep brain stimulation, brain aneurysm coiling, brain and spinal arteriovenous malformations embolization, intracranial angioplasty and stenting and many more.
Presently, the latest neuro intervention implants are being deployed such as Flow diverters, Liquid embolization agents like Squid and Phil, low profile intracranial stents and newer intracranial balloons.
Approximately 250-300 neurointerventional procedures are conducted each year.
Dr.Vijay K Dixit, one of the best neurosurgeons in India, works with the hospital has an experience of about 18 years.
So far, he has performed about 10,000 spinal and neural angiograms, 2000 neuro-intervention procedures and more than 1400 aneurysm coiling procedures.
- Established in 1991, Manipal Hospital is the third largest healthcare network in India.
- It is NABH and NABL (ISQUA) accredited.
- It is also ISO 9001:2008 certified for all comprehensive protocols including clinical, nursing, diagnostics and allied areas.
- Manipal Hospitals have 5 branches in Bangalore: Whitefield, Brookefield, Old Airport Road, Malleshwaram and Jayanagar.
- Offers more than 60 specialties under one roof.
- Manipal Hospital Whitefield is 284-bedded inpatient facility.
- It is also accredited with the AAHRPP Accreditation (Association for the Accreditation of the Human Research Protection Programs)
- The hospital is rated the Most Patient Recommended Hospital in India by the Consumer Voice.
- It is ranked as the Best Hospital in Bangalore for the past 8 years by The Week Magazine.
- Ranked among the top 5 hospitals in “INDIA’S MOST CARING HOSPITALS” survey.
- Won the prestigious Golden Peacock National Quality Award 2005 in the Service category.
Doctors for Craniotomy in India
NeurosurgeonDirector, 20 years of experience
- Dr Sandeep Vaishya is one of the top Neurosurgeons in India.
- He has 22+ years of experience in the field & has been associated with some of the best hospitals in India.
- His specializations are Intracranial Brain Tumour Surgery, Deep Brain Stimulation Surgery, Skull Base Surgery, Brain Surgery, General Surgery, Minimally Invasive Brain, Spine Surgery & Image-Guided Neurosurgery, Peripheral Nerve Surgery, and Brachial Plexus Surgery.
- Dr. Vaishya has completed his MBBS & MS from the well-known G R Medical College, Gwalior. Following which he did his MCh at the prestigious AIIMS, Delhi.
- He is an awardee of the Sundt Fellowship at Mayo Clinic, USA.
- He is one of the leading surgeons in the world for brachial plexus Injuries and in South Asia for Gamma Knife Surgery.
- He did several successful surgeries in the field of neurosurgery.
- Dr. Vaishya's treatment for Hydrocephalus was also featured in the popular Netflix documentary Rooting for Roona.
Cost of consultation for Craniotomy with Dr. Sandeep Vaishya starts from INR 2000.
NeurosurgeonConsultant, 19 years of experience
- Dr Arun Saroha is a renowned brain & spine surgeons in India.
- With an experience of over 14 years, he is one of the first few to perform Soliosis surgery in India.
- On completing his MS from RNT Medical College, Udaipur, he did his Mch (Neurosurgery) from the renowned PGI Chandigarh.
- He has more than 8000 brain and spine surgeries to his credit.
- He is a visiting faculty to various famous organisations like Ferdinand Church University ,Nigeria ,Baghdad University ,Baghdad,
- Dr Arun as his expertise in Brain Tumour Surgery, Brain Aneurysms, Spine Surgeries, Spine Instrumentation surgeries, Management of head injury patients.
- He can be followed at LinkedIn https://in.linkedin.com/in/arunsaroha
Cost of consultation for Craniotomy with Dr. Arun Saroha starts from INR 1400.
NeurosurgeonDirector, 24 years of experience
- Dr. Rana Patir is one of the eminent Neurosurgeons in India for all kinds of brain surgeries like brain tumor surgery, deep brain stimulation surgery, surgery for meningioma, and brain stem tumor surgery.
- Expertise’s Epilepsy Surgery, Pediatric Neurosurgery, Neuromodulation (for pain management), Skull Base Surgery, Neurovascular Surgery, and Minimal Invasive Brain & Spine Surgeries which include Fusion and Fixation, Kyphoplasty, Disc Replacement Surgery, sleep disorders etc.
- He has 25 years of experience in the field specializing in Brain Tumor Surgeries.
- He has over 10,000 neurological procedures to his credit.
- He is a professor of Neurology at the Guwahati Medical College.
- He has been a teaching faculty at AIIMS and at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi, and has been the Director of the Neurosurgery Department at Max Hospital, New Delhi, India.
- Interests are Spine Surgery, Endoscopic Surgery, Stereotactic Surgery for movement disorders, Surgery at Craniovertebral Junction, Extra Cranial-Intra Cranial Bypass Surgery, Complex Head and Neck Procedures, Reconstructive Surgery, Neurosurgery, Skull Base Surgery, and Epilepsy
Cost of consultation for Craniotomy with Dr. Rana Patir starts from INR 1675.
Craniotomy Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Craniotomy - Most Frequently Asked Questions
To remove a brain tumor, a neurosurgeon makes an opening in the skull. This operation is called a craniotomy. Whenever possible, the surgeon attempts to remove the entire tumor. If the tumor cannot be completely removed without damaging vital brain tissue, your doctor may remove as much of the tumor as possible.
The malignancy of the tumor can only be established post histopathy of the tumor sample. IF it turns out to be cancerous, additional treatment protocol may be advised.
One is not allowed to eat or drink anything before a craniotomy surgery.
The patient should stop taking blood-thinning medications. He should also stop taking medicines like Clopidogrel, Plavix and Warfarin.
It depends upon the osteopathy reports of the tumor sample.
Yes it is true, awake craniotomy is usually done in those patients who have lesions in critical areas. But with advances in imaging/ surgery and brain mapping it is not used these days. Of course in places where such equipment is not available, it can be done. It difficult in many patients because of patient has to understand and be mature enough to lie still for 4 hours or so It is slightly uncomfortable too
Craniotomy is the surgery to remove the part of bone from skull for exposing the brain, the bone flap is being temporarily removed and then replaced after brain surgery.
Yes, Craniotomy is a serious surgery, it involves temporary removal of bone from the skull to repair in the brain. The procedure has various risks which makes it a serious surgery.
Craniotomy has got several risks such as bleeding and infection just like other type of brain cancer surgery.
Craniotomy is done to treat various conditions such as brain tumors, traumatic brain injury, hemorrahage, aneursysms. Damaged tissue, abscesses, epilepsy and facial pain.
During the Craniotomy - Most Frequently Asked Questions
5 days in the hospital.
The patient has to stay in the ICU for at least a night or two depending on the progress of his/her condition post-surgery. IVs, monitors and bladder catheters are removed in the morning following the surgery.
The patient is allowed to eat a normal breakfast and he/she can walk on the first day after the surgery.
The patient has to stay in the ICU for at least a night or two depending on the progress of his/her condition post surgery. IVs, monitors and bladder catheters are removed on the morning following the surgery. The patient is allowed to eat a normal breakfast and he/she can walk on the first day after the surgery.
It will take around three to five hours to do craniotomy, if you are undergoing regular craniotomy.
Your doctor will explain you about all these. You need to undergo blood test, diagnostic test and neurological examination before the surgery.
Skin incisions are usually made behind the hairline. A hair sparing technique is used, where only a 1/4-inch wide area along the proposed incision is shaved. The skin and muscles are lifted off the bone and folded back. Next, small burr holes are made in the skull with a drill. Similar to using a jigsaw, the surgeon cuts an outline of a bone window .The cut bone flap is lifted and removed to expose the protective covering of the brain and the bone flap is safely set aside and will be replaced at the end of the surgery. The dura is opened to expose the brain. Varieties of small instrument are used to work deep inside brain, after the problem has been removed or repaired, any retractors are removed, and the dura is closed with sutures. The bone flap is put back in its original position and secured to the skull with titanium plates and screws (Fig. 5). The plates and screws remain permanently to support the area. At last muscles and the skin are sutured back.
After Craniotomy - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Walking and taking personal care is allowed after a day of the craniotomy surgery. Strenuous activities like work-outs, lifting heavy weights and strong exertions should be avoided for at least four to six weeks.
There is no such restriction on the neck movement.
It depends on the occupation of the patient. Strenuous work is best avoided for longer periods until his/her physical strength is regained. Normally, patients are allowed to resume their work after two to four weeks post-surgery.
It depends on the occupation of the patient. Strenuous work are best avoided for longer periods until his/her physical strength is regained. Normally, patients are allowed to resume their work after two to four weeks post surgery.
It will take around 4 to 8 weeks to recover from surgery, you will feel tired for several weeks after surgery, you may also have some headache and problems in concentrating. The cuts will be sore for about five days after surgery.
Some of the side effects of Craniotomy are scars, injury in head region, facial nerve damage, infection of the bone flap or skin, seizures and brain swelling.
Craniotomy requires hospital stay of about three to seven days. The stay in hospital depends on your condition.
The risk of rare and it has the potential to interfere with memory, speech, vision, muscle control, coordination an balance. Other potential risks that are specifically associated with brain surgery include coma, blood clots, hemorrhaging or swelling of the brain, stroke and seizures.
How much does Craniotomy cost in different cities in India?
The price for Craniotomy in different cities in India is approximately in the range of:
- New Delhi: Rs.247619 to Rs.387301
- Gurgaon: Rs.253968 to Rs.380952
- Noida: Rs.238095 to Rs.396825
- Chennai: Rs.253968 to Rs.365079
- Mumbai: Rs.260317 to Rs.387301
- Bangalore: Rs.247619 to Rs.374603
- Kolkata: Rs.238095 to Rs.358730
- Jaipur: Rs.222222 to Rs.355555
- Mohali: Rs.228571 to Rs.539682
- Ahmedabad: Rs.212698 to Rs.352381
- Hyderabad: Rs.244444 to Rs.371428
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Neurosurgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Craniotomy
FAQ videos related to Craniotomy
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Craniotomy in other countries, compared to India?
Approximate price of Craniotomy in other countries compared to India is:
- Turkey, USD 5600 to USD 8400, approximately 6% higher than India
- Thailand, USD 19200 to USD 28800, approximately 264% higher than India
- Germany, USD 8000 to USD 12000, approximately 52% higher than India
- Malaysia, USD 10560 to USD 15840, approximately 100% higher than India