Cornea Transplant Cost In IndiaChat
What is involved in the procedure?
Corneal transplantation, also known as corneal grafting, is a surgical procedure where a damaged or diseased cornea is replaced by donated corneal tissue. When the entire cornea is replaced it is known as penetrating keratoplasty and when only part of the cornea is replaced it is known as lamellar keratoplasty.
What is Cornea Transplant?
A cornea transplant replaces diseased or scarred corneal tissue with healthy tissue from an organ donor.
Who is the Right Doctor for Cornea Transplant?
The right doctor to consult for Cornea Surgery is an Ophthalmologist.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The success rate varies between 72-92%.
The side effects may include Eye infection, Increased risk of clouding of the eye's lens (cataract), Pressure increase within the eyeball (glaucoma), Problems with the stitches used to secure the donor cornea, Rejection of the donor cornea, etc.
Cost related to Cornea Transplant in India
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|CORNEA TRANSPLANT||Rs.74992 to Rs.99989|
|CORNEA TRANSPLANT||Rs.74992 to Rs.99989|
|Cornea Transplant||Rs.57720 to Rs.76960|
|Corneal Transplantation - Eye Transplant||Rs.79920 to Rs.106560|
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Cornea Transplant in IndiaFilter
Showing 124 Hospitals and doctors for Cornea Transplant in India
Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road, Chennai
- Established in 1983, one of the best hospitals for heart care in India.
- First Indian hospital to introduce techniques in coronary angioplasty, stereotactic radiotherapy and radio-surgery (for brain tumours).
- Major specialties includes Heart, Cancer, Bones, Joints & Spine, Organ Transplants, Neurology, Gastro & Colorectal, Bariatric Surgery, Gynaecology & Infertility and Ophthalmology.
- First Indian hospital to be awarded the IS0 9001 and ISO 14001 certifications.
- First hospital in South India to be accredited by the Joint Commission International USA and subsequently reaccredited 4 times.
- Declared as the 'Centre of Excellence' by the Government of India.
- Voted several times as the "Best Private Sector Hospital in India" by The Week magazine.
- Bagged the top 2 positions in the All India Multispecialty Hospital Survey 2016 conducted by Times Health.
- NABH and JCI Accredited
Eye Q Hospital, Gurgaon
Established in 2007, Eye Q hospital is harnessed with the latest equipment to all kinds of eye-related procedures such as cataract treatment, glaucoma treatment, LASIK Laser, refractive treatment, oculoplasty, retina treatment and many more.
The hospital is today a chain of 44 super specialty hospitals across the nation, and will soon launch its operations in Africa with a center in Nigeria.
Dr. Ajay Sharma is one of the eye surgeons associated with the hospital.
He was the first to adopt the latest technology in ophthalmology having done nearly 40,000 successful surgeries.
He is also the first refractive surgeon in North India to start ARTISANS PHAKIC IOL’s and the first introduce Lasik in Haryana in 2000.
Center for sight, New Delhi
- Counted amongst the topmost eye hospitals in India, it is spread across the country through 47 centers.
- A vast panel of nearly 145 doctors, who are highly skilled and experience in their fields work to provide all kinds of treatment with perfection.
- The hospital has also won the prestigious Frost & Sullivan award as the Eye care provider company of the year 2010 & 2014 and FICCI Healthcare Excellence award for operational excellence in 2012.
Doctors for Cornea Transplant in India
OphthalmologistConsultant, 22 years of experience
- Dr. Pratik Ranjan Sen is an ophthalmologist with 22+ years of experience.
- He has done more than 8000 of Retinal detachment and other Vitreoretinal disorders.
- He is a member of Indian Medical Association.
- Dr. Sen has completed MBBS, Post Graduate Diploma and MS from Gujarat University.
OphthalmologistConsultant, 28 years of experience
- Dr. P Vijay Anand Reddy is a leading and a highly qualified Ophthalomologist with a practice of +28 years and specialised focus on ocular oncology.
- Dr. Reddy is a professional member of the, American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO), American Society for Therapeutic Oncology (ASTRO), Association of Radiation Oncologists of India (AROI) and the Indian Society of Oncology (ISO).
- Dr. Reddy completed his MBBS in 1983 from Osmania University, and then in 1992 did his MD from Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad. He then did his DNB in 1993. In 2010, he did a ESMO medical oncology Board 2005 and a re-certification. He also has done several fellowships in Germany, the USA, Australia, London and India.
- Dr. Reddy has vast and extensive experience in treating tumours inlcuding that of the eyes. The treatments he offers includes, external beam radiation for prostate cancer, IMRT, SRS, genitourinary malginancies, paediatric oncology, central nervous system tumours, SBRT, brachytherapy, pap smear and SRS.
- He has been felicitated with several awards.
- Dr. Reddy has co-authored a few well-researched papers.
OphthalmologistSenior Consultant, 24 years of experience
- Dr. Vandana Khullar is an Ophthalmologist with 24+ experience.
- Member of All India Society of Ophthalmology and Delhi Ophthalmology society.
- Efficiently treats various eye diseases.
- Her expertise lies in Lasik, Sintemica and ophthalmologic examinations.
- Persuaded her MBBS followed by MD from Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh.
Cost of consultation for Cornea Transplant with Dr. Vandana Khullar starts from INR 1300.
Before Cornea Transplant - Most Frequently Asked Questions
A cornea transplant (keratoplasty) is a surgical procedure to replace part of your cornea with corneal tissue from a donor. It is NOT a major surgery.
Most corneal transplants last well beyond 10 years.
You'll probably remain awake during the transplant but you may receive a sedative to help you relax. Your surgeon will inject local anesthetic around the eye to prevent pain and to keep your eye muscles from moving.
Your eye colour will not change after a corneal transplant.
In favorable subjects the rate of success of corneal transplantation may be as high as 90%.
Your eyesight should gradually improve a few weeks after a corneal graft but it could take anywhere from a couple of months up to a year to have stable vision in the eye that receives the donor tissue.
For transplant procedures that use a gas bubble inside the eye to help position the transplanted tissue the surgeon may ask you to lie flat sometimes during the day and sleep flat on your back at night for a few days.
Cornea transplant is the surgery which is used to remove all or part of damaged cornea and then replace it with healthy donor tissue; it is used to improve sight and relieve pain and to treat severe infection or damage.
You may be the candidate for corneal transplant if you are having problem in vision due to keratoconous or other condition which causes cornea to become thinner. You may also need transplant if you have any scar due to previous injury or infection.
Cornea transplant is a very safe procedure but it there is always some risk of the procedure such as an eye infection and its pressure increases within the eyeball.
The success rate of corneal transplant 91% some of the indications of corneal transplant is keratoconus, bullous keratopathy and failure of previous graft. Most common causes of graft failure were rejection, infection and glaucoma.
During the Cornea Transplant - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Its an 1 hour procedure.
Corneal transplant will usually take less than an hour depending on your condition whether you should be in the hospital or you need overnight stay. If transplantation of outer cornea is needed then new cornea is being held in place with stitches.
You will be given local anaesthesia around your eye region to block pain and prevent eye movement during surgery.
There is various methods of doing corneal transplant
Full Thickness Corneal Transplant- All the layers of your cornea get replaced. The new cornea is get stitched, this procedure is only needed if you have severe corneal injury or bad bulging or scar formation.
Partial Thickness Corneal Transplant- Air is injected to lift off and separate the thin layer outside and the thick middle layer of cornea and then removes and replaces them.
Endothelial Keratoplasty -The surgeon removes the endothelium and they replace them with a donated endothelium and Descemet membrane still attached to the stroma (the cornea's thick middle layer) to help in handling the new tissue without damaging it.
Fuch's dystrophy- This involve removal of the central part of the inner membrane without a transplant, if the surrounding cornea seems healthy enough to provide cells to fill in the removed area.
After Cornea Transplant - Most Frequently Asked Questions
You will probably be able to return to work or your normal routine in about 1 to 2 weeks after surgery but your vision will still be blurry and you will need to avoid heavy lifting for about 4 weeks
You must not drive on the day of your cornea transplant. Someone must drive you home after surgery and bring you back for your follow-up visit. If you have good vision in the non-transplant eye you can legally drive 24 hours after surgery.
Medicines will be given for 6 months.
It will take up to a year to recover completely from corneal transplant but most people can go back to normal routine within one to two weeks but they should avoid lifting heavy objects. You should wait for minimum four weeks before lifting any heavy objects.
Most of the cases of corneal transplant last beyond 10 years, patients require ophthalmic checkup for twice in a year to make sure that they eye health are good. The cornea donor tissue is thoroughly inspected for its safety.
Some of the risks of corneal transplant includes infection, bleeding, higher pressure in eyes, clouding of eye lens, swelling of the cornea and detached retina.
Most of the people can see the result of the procedure when there vision is restored but it will take few weeks to improve the vision completely, your eyesight may get little worse before getting better.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals