Chemotherapy Cost In ThailandChat
What is Chemotherapy?
The process of using powerful chemicals and anti-cancer drugs to kill cancer cells is known as chemotherapy.
It may be given for curative purposes or reducing symptoms and prolong life.
A lot of chemotherapy drugs are available, which are either used alone or in combination.
Chemotherapy is an effective way of treating cancer, but it has many side effects, such as-
- Hair loss
- Appetite loss
- Mouth ulcers
How is the Procedure Performed?
The chemotherapy process is a little complex. First, a device is surgically inserted into the body before any intravenous chemotherapy. These devices can be a catheter, port, or pump.
Then there are pre-investigative tests to ensure your body is ready for chemotherapy. Every aspect and side effect planning and management is done.
For the chemotherapy drug to be given to the body, there are many routes -
- Creams, or maybe direct application
Who is the Right Doctor for Chemotherapy?
The right doctor for chemotherapy is a Medical Oncologist.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
If we talk specifically about the five-year survival rate of chemotherapy, it is around 40-50% depending on the case.
However, chemotherapy is given in combination with other therapy.
The cost of Chemotherapy includes:
Before starting chemotherapy, a few diagnostic tests may be done, such as Blood tests, X-rays, MRI, CT, PET, or ultrasound.
Chemotherapy session cost (depends on the number of sessions required)
Patient's hospital stay (only in case of high-dose chemotherapy)
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
The stage and type of cancer
Post-surgery / Chemotherapy / Radiation Therapy.
Any additional tests may be required to know the status of the disease during the course of treatment.
An extended stay at the Hospital
Cost related to Chemotherapy in Thailand
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Chemotherapy||USD 1350 to USD 1650|
|Colon Cancer Treatment||USD 10800 to USD 13200|
|Skin Cancer||USD 7200 to USD 8800|
|Cervical Cancer Treatment||USD 4050 to USD 4950|
|Esophagus Cancer Treatment||USD 7200 to USD 8800|
|Hodgkin Disease Treatment||USD 7200 to USD 8800|
|Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma (NHL) Treatment||USD 9000 to USD 11000|
|Retinoblastoma (RB) Treatment||USD 18000 to USD 22000|
|Stomach Cancer Treatment||USD 16200 to USD 19800|
Help Us With Patient Details
Images Related To Chemotherapy
What is Chemotherapy?
Before and after images for chemotherapy.
How Chemotherapy Treatment works?
How Chemotherapy Infusion is Done?
Side Effects of Chemotherapy.
Top hospitals and doctors for Chemotherapy in ThailandFilter
Showing 40 Hospitals and doctors for Chemotherapy in Thailand
- Established in 1972, the Bangkok Hospital is one of the first private hospitals in Thailand; it has now established its reputation as a tertiary care hospital dedicated especially to Cancer and Cardiology.
- It has Centres & Clinics committed to comprehensive treatment in different medical and surgical departments such as Cardiology, Cancer, Orthopaedics & Spine Surgery, Neurology & Neuroscience, Fertility, Paediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Dentistry, Geriatric, Gastroenterology, Liver, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, and ENT.
- It offers several Health Packages on Fertility, Plastic Surgery, Lasik Eye Surgery, Hip & Knee Surgery, Obesity, Vascular Surgery, Laparoscopic Surgery and many more.
- It is equipped with the latest cutting-edge technologies some of which are - the 256-Slice Multi-Detector CT Scan, Cardiovascular MRI, the first Cartosound in Thailand, LINAC, the ARTIS Pheno machine, PET/CT Scan, and a New X-RAY Biplane Imaging (EOS).
- Having the ultimate "Hybrid Operating Room Full Function", enables the hospital to improve accuracy making it a leader in heart surgery.
- The Hospital has been awarded various accreditations by the Joint Commission International (JCI) in Programmes such as Traumatic Brain Injury, Total Knee Replacement, Acute Coronary Syndrome, Primary Stroke, Low Back Pain, Diabetes Type 2, Breast Cancer Conserving, and Heart Failure.
- It has also received the Hospital Accreditation of Thailand, Asian Hospital Management Award, Global Health Asia-Pacific Awards, and a Dual Medical Transport Accreditation i.e CAMTS USA and CAMTS GLOBAL.
- It provides International Medical Services for foreign patients by assisting them in language translations, special diets, accommodation, liaising with embassies or organisations, and free medical consultations via internet.
Bumrungrad International Hospital, Bangkok
- Established on 17 September 1980, the Bumrungrad International Hospital, Bangkok is a global pioneer in giving the best international standard healthcare services and one of the largest private multi-speciality hospitals in South East Asia with patients coming from over 190 countries annually.
- It is a one-stop healthcare destination for all types of patients with the ability to handle complex care needs.
- It practices a one-price policy for all patients regardless of whether they are local or international patients ensuring the principle value of "care for the people."
- It is a tertiary care hospital having over 45 Centres and Clinics namely, Arrhythmia Centre, Breast Centre, Bumrungrad Robotic Surgery Centre, Children's (Paediatric) Centre, Diagnostic Radiology & Nuclear Medicine, Digestive Disease (GI) Centre, Fertility Centre & IVF Clinic, Heart (Cardiology) Centre, Orthopaedic Centre, Plastic (Cosmetic) Surgery Centre, Spine Institute and many more.
- It is the only hospital in Thailand using next-generation sequencing (NGS) technology.
- It offers many Health Packages under various departments like Mammogram and Breast Ultrasound packages, Arthroscopic Knee Surgery Packages, and Heart Disease Screening packages to mention a few.
- Being a leader in innovative patient services and medical technologies, it utilises state-of-the-art technologies like CardioInsight, a non-invasive diagnostics technology for diagnosing heart arrhythmias - the only active centre in the Asia Pacific.
- It was also the first IBM Watson - a machine-learning AI for Oncology sites in the world, enabling doctors and specialists to analyse patients' data against traditional means by a quicker and most accurate treatment possible.
- The Bumrungrad Robotic Surgery Centre uses the MAKOplasty©, Mazor X and the da Vinci System having better consistency, accuracy, and faster recovery with less invasiveness in joint, spine, and cancer surgeries.
- It is the first private hospital in Thailand to be accredited by the Healthcare Accreditation Institute, the first private hospital in Thailand to be awarded the Thailand Quality Class Award for organizational excellence, the first hospital to receive the award for Excellence in Health Tourism, receives Advanced Hospital Accreditation by the Healthcare Accreditation Institute of Thailand, and the first hospital in Asia to accredited The College of American Pathologists.
- The Hospital is JCI accredited since 2002, the first hospital in Asia to be DNV GL MIR Certified for Infection Risk in 2017, and the first non-USA hospital to receive the Global Healthcare Accreditation with Excellence designation from GHA - a reflection of the highest international quality and safety standards for overseas patients going to the hospital for treatment and care.
- It was listed as the best hospitals in Thailand for 2 consecutive years and one of the top 150 hospitals in the world in 2022.
- It has over 200 interpreters for patients whose language of communication is not English.
Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital, Bangkok
- Established in 1979, Samitivej Hospital is one of the leading private hospital groups in Thailand and SEA and is accredited by JCI.
- It is the first Hospital outside Japan to be accredited with the Japan Council for Quality Health Care (JCQHC) award.
- Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital is part of the seven private hospitals owned by the Bangkok Dusit Medical Services (BDMS), a leading and trusted private healthcare service provider in Thailand and ASEAN countries.
- It is a 275-bed tertiary care hospital with more than 40 Speciality Centres, namely, the Liver & Digestive Institute, Women's Health Centre including Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Bone, Joint, and Spine Centre, Surgery Clinic, Heart Institute, Bone Marrow & Stem Cell Transplantation Centre, Breast Centre, Fertility Centre, Hair Restoration Medical centre, Knee Health Centre, Neurology Centre, Oncology Centre to mention a few.
- Moreover, there is a Children's Hospital that is dedicated to comprehensive Paediatric care covering Newborns, GI, Oncology, Orthopaedics, Oncology, and others. It is the first private children's hospital in Thailand.
- In 1998, it was certified by UNICEF, WHO, the Department of Health, and the Ministry of Public Health, as a mother and baby-friendly hospital.
- It is one of the favourite medical destinations for both the nationals and expats, along with tourists from around the world providing international quality services and facilities. It was awarded the Top 5 World's Best Hospital for Medical Tourism for 2018 by the Medical Travel Quality Alliance.
- It has been a recipient of many awards, namely, Hospital of the Year by the Thailand Healthcare Asia Awards 2020, The Model Private Hospital Award 2020 for being the top private hospital for academic activity in Thailand, and Best Corporate Hospital Award 2019.
- It was also awarded Thailand's Prime Minister Award for the Most Recognized Service in 2004.
- The hospital is equipped with cutting-edge technologies to diagnose and treat patients with accuracy through a Magnetic Resonance Imaging machine (MRI), 640-slice CT scanner with less radiation, Mammogram, Bone Mineral Density (BMD) analysis, Lower abdominal Ultrasound for Men (Testicle Ultrasound), Cranial Ultrasound for infant, Intravenous Pyelography (IVP) and many more.
- It has a team that assists international patients from finding the right doctor to aftercare at home.
Doctors for Chemotherapy in Thailand
Medical OncologistConsultant, 43 years of experience
- Dr. Savitree Maoleekoonpairoj is a well-recognized Medical Oncologist.
- She holds 43 years of extensive experience.
- Her area of expertise is diagnosing and treating cancer using chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, biological therapy, and targeted therapy.
- After completing her MD from Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University, Thailand, in 1978, he did Diploma of The Thai Board of Internal Medicine in 1984 and
- Diploma of The Thai Board of Oncology in 2004.
- Her native language is English and Thai.
Medical OncologistConsultant, 36 years of experience
- Dr. Wirote Lausoontornsiri is a well-recognized Medical Oncologist with 36 years of experience.
- His special interests are Molecular Oncology and Viral Oncology.
- After completing his MD from Mahidol University in 1985, he did the Diploma of Thai Board of Internal Medicine, The Medical Council of Thailand in 1991, and Diploma of The American Board of Internal Medicine in 1996.
- He also received a Fellow in Hematology and Oncology from The University of Chicago Medical Center in 1999, the Diploma of The American Board of Hematology in 1999, and the Diploma of The American Board of Medical Oncology in 1999.
- He speaks English and Thai.
Gynaecologist and ObstetricianConsultant, 18 years of experience
- Dr. Saranya Chanpanitkitchot is a well-known Gynecologic Oncologist in Bangkok, Thailand, having 18 years of experience.
- Her special interests are minimally invasive surgery and gynecologic oncology.
- She completed her MD Faculty of Medicine from Chulalongkorn University in 2004.
- She did a Diploma Thai Subboard of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine from Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, in 2010 and become a Diplomate Thai Subboard of Gynecologic Oncology, Faculty of Medicine from Vajira Hospital Navamindratiraj University, in 2014.
- She also did a Master's of Science, Medical Bioinformatics, Faculty of Medicine from Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand, in 2019.
- She has various journals in national and international publications.
- She is a well-known member of The Medical Council of Thailand, Thai Endoscopic Society for Gynecologic Oncology, Royal Thai College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Thai Gynecologic Cancer Society, International Gynecologic Cancer Society, Thai Society of Gynecologic Endoscopists, and Asia-Pacific Association for Gynecologic Endoscopy and Minimally Invasive Therapy.
Chemotherapy Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Medical Oncologist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Chemotherapy
Our patient's testimonials related to Gynaecologist And Obstetrician
More searches related to Chemotherapy
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Chemotherapy in other countries, compared to Thailand?
Approximate price of Chemotherapy in other countries compared to Thailand is:
- India, USD 800 to USD 1200, approximately 33% lower than Thailand
- Turkey, USD 1200 to USD 1800, approximately 0% higher than Thailand
- Germany, USD 1600 to USD 2400, approximately 33% higher than Thailand
- Israel, USD 560 to USD 840, approximately 53% lower than Thailand
- Singapore, USD 1200 to USD 1800, approximately 0% higher than Thailand
- Malaysia, USD 1600 to USD 2400, approximately 33% higher than Thailand