Chemotherapy Cost In IndiaChat
What is Chemotherapy?
The process of using powerful chemicals and anti-cancer drugs to kill cancer cells is known as chemotherapy.
It may be given for curative purposes or reducing symptoms and prolong life.
A lot of chemotherapy drugs are available, which are either used alone or in combination.
Chemotherapy is an effective way of treating cancer, but it has many side effects, such as-
- Hair loss
- Appetite loss
- Mouth ulcers
How is the Procedure Performed?
The chemotherapy process is a little complex. First, a device is surgically inserted into the body before any intravenous chemotherapy. These devices can be a catheter, port, or pump.
Then there are pre-investigative tests to ensure your body is ready for chemotherapy. Every aspect and side effect planning and management is done.
For the chemotherapy drug to be given to the body, there are many routes -
- Creams, or maybe direct application
Who is the Right Doctor for Chemotherapy?
The right doctor for chemotherapy is a Medical Oncologist.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
If we talk specifically about the five-year survival rate of chemotherapy, it is around 40-50% depending on the case.
However, chemotherapy is given in combination with other therapy.
The cost of Chemotherapy includes:
Before starting chemotherapy, a few diagnostic tests may be done, such as Blood tests, X-rays, MRI, CT, PET, or ultrasound.
Chemotherapy session cost (depends on the number of sessions required)
Patient's hospital stay (only in case of high-dose chemotherapy)
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
The stage and type of cancer
Post-surgery / Chemotherapy / Radiation Therapy.
Any additional tests may be required to know the status of the disease during the course of treatment.
An extended stay at the Hospital
Cost related to Chemotherapy in India
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Chemotherapy||Rs.44400 to Rs.59200|
|Colon Cancer Treatment||Rs.288600 to Rs.384800|
|Skin Cancer||Rs.222000 to Rs.296000|
|Ovarian Cancer Surgery||Rs.288600 to Rs.384800|
|Cervical Cancer Treatment||Rs.213120 to Rs.284160|
|HIPEC||Rs.222000 to Rs.296000|
|Metastatic Tumors Treatment||Rs.177600 to Rs.236800|
|Immunotherapy||Rs.177600 to Rs.236800|
|Esophagus Cancer Treatment||Rs.186480 to Rs.248640|
|Hodgkin Disease Treatment||Rs.88800 to Rs.118400|
|Fallopian Tube Cancer||Rs.288600 to Rs.384800|
|Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma (NHL) Treatment||Rs.310800 to Rs.414400|
|Soft Tissue Sarcoma Treatment||Rs.53280 to Rs.71040|
|Stomach Cancer Treatment||Rs.244200 to Rs.325600|
|Adrenal Cancer Treatment||Rs.266400 to Rs.355200|
Help Us With Patient Details
Images Related To Chemotherapy
What is Chemotherapy?
Before and after images for chemotherapy.
How Chemotherapy Treatment works?
How Chemotherapy Infusion is Done?
Side Effects of Chemotherapy.
Top hospitals and doctors for Chemotherapy in IndiaFilter
Showing 127 Hospitals and doctors for Chemotherapy in India
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Established in 1996, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital is NABL and JCI accredited.
- Apollo Group offers 10,000 beds across 64 hospitals, more than 2,200 pharmacies, over 100 primary care & diagnostic clinics and 115 telemedicine units across 9 countries.
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital has 52 specialties under one roof.
- Major specialities of the hospital include Anaesthesia, Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery, Cancer, Paediatrics, Critical Care, Emergency Care, Fetal Medicine, Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Interventional Radiology, IVF, Liver and Kidney Transplant, Nuclear Medicine, Nephrology, Neurosciences, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, Otolaryngology (ENT), Paediatrics, Pediatric Surgery, Psychiatry and Clinical Psychology, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Respiratory & Sleep Medicine, Rheumatology, Spine Surgery, Urology and Andrology and Vascular and Endovascular Surgery.
- First hospital in India to perform a Paediatric Liver Transplant in 1998.
- The hospital ranked first in Neurosciences, Renal Sciences, Oncology, Paediatrics, Gynaecology and Obstetrics & Emergency in The Times Of India Healthcare Survey 2016.
- It has also ranked the 6th Best Private Hospital in India for Cardiology by The WEEK in the Best Hospital Survey 2013 conducted by A C Nielsen.
- Awarded a Special Commendation for the Golden Peacock Environment Management Award by a jury chaired by Justice P. N. Bhagwati and Former Chief Justice of India for the hospital's environmental practices.
Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon
- Brand Fortis was established in 1996 and now has over 55 facilities in line to offer health facilities within India and abroad.
- It is an NABH accredited multi-specialty tertiary care hospital.
- Fortis Memorial Research Institute (FMRI) had ranked second in a global study of the 30 most technologically advanced hospitals in the world conducted by ‘topmastersinhealthcare.com.
- The Institute is known to be the 'Mecca of Healthcare' for Asia Pacific region.
- Fields of expertise include Cardiac Sciences, Neurosciences, Emergency & Trauma, Bone & Joint, Renal Sciences, Gastro Sciences, Critical Care and Organ Transplants.
Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road, Chennai
This was the first oncology hospital in India and the first hospital in Chennai to be accredited by NABH.
It was also the first hospital to have the proton cancer center in East Asia.
Each case is addressed and discussed in the tumor board, which consists of a panel of medical, surgical and radiation oncologists.
Several complex surgical procedures are routinely performed such as liver resection, extensive resection lung tumors, limb conserving surgery in bone tumors, laparoscopic surgery, reconstruction of flaps etc
Apollo Chennai, is consistently ranked in the list of best cancer hospital in India
It is one of the best hospitals in India having all the latest techniques of radiotherapy such as True Beam STX.
Doctors for Chemotherapy in India
Medical OncologistDirector, 37 years of experience
- Dr. Vinod Raina is one of the best Medical Oncologists in India having 37 years of rich experience.
- Performed approximately 600 transplants for various cancers treatment in India in the last 20 years, and about 250 allotransplants.
- He also performed the first high-dose chemotherapy in India.
- His major interest is Lung Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Breast Cancer, Concurrent Bio - Radiotherapy for Head and Neck Cancers, Paediatric Chemotherapy & Palliative Bio - Chemotherapy.
- He has also performed approximately 400 bone marrow transplants.
- He is associated with various cancer hospitals in India and provided high-quality care to cancer patients.
- He has received many national and lifetime achievement awards.
Cost of consultation for Chemotherapy with Dr. Vinod Raina starts from INR 3000.
Medical OncologistHOD, 23 years of experience
- Dr. Hari Goyal is among the top Medical Oncologists in India with 23 years of experience.
- He has work experience in the best Cancer Centers in India. His influence extends to many prominent oncologists which have become pioneers in their industry.
- He has contributed to the the field of cancer chemotherapy through his clinical trial research. In this way, he developed drugs that reduce the side effects of anti-cancer chemotherapeutic agents.
- His work includes practical treatment of patients and clinical research. To his credit, he has numerous publications in national and international medical journals. He was a also part of an American FDA audited trial.
- He has been the recipient of many prestigious national awards.
- Dr Goyal has completed his education from various instutions in India including AIIMS, SMS Medical College and Sardar Patel medical college.
Cost of consultation for Chemotherapy with Dr Hari Goyal starts from INR 1400.
Medical OncologistSenior Consultant, 29 years of experience
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Chanana is a renowned name in the field of oncology.
- For 30 years he has been working in some of the premier institutes.
- He Graduated from SP Medical College.
- Dr. Subhash has a membership of the Indian Medical Association (IMA) and the American Medical Association (AMA).
- Active speaker in reputed national and international conferences.
- He is efficient in his work and has a good rapport with the patient.
Cost of consultation for Chemotherapy with Dr. Subhash Chandra Chanana starts from INR 1000.
Chemotherapy Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Chemotherapy cost in different cities in India?
The price for Chemotherapy in different cities in India is approximately in the range of:
- New Delhi: Rs.37518 to Rs.58682
- Gurgaon: Rs.38480 to Rs.57720
- Noida: Rs.36075 to Rs.60125
- Chennai: Rs.38480 to Rs.55315
- Mumbai: Rs.39442 to Rs.58682
- Bangalore: Rs.37518 to Rs.56758
- Kolkata: Rs.36075 to Rs.54353
- Jaipur: Rs.33670 to Rs.53872
- Mohali: Rs.34632 to Rs.81770
- Ahmedabad: Rs.32227 to Rs.53391
- Hyderabad: Rs.37037 to Rs.56277
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Medical Oncologist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Chemotherapy
Our patient's testimonials related to Medical Oncologist
More searches related to Chemotherapy
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Chemotherapy in other countries, compared to India?
Approximate price of Chemotherapy in other countries compared to India is:
- Turkey, USD 1200 to USD 1800, approximately 50% higher than India
- Thailand, USD 1200 to USD 1800, approximately 50% higher than India
- Germany, USD 1600 to USD 2400, approximately 100% higher than India
- Israel, USD 560 to USD 840, approximately 30% lower than India
- Singapore, USD 1200 to USD 1800, approximately 50% higher than India
- Malaysia, USD 1600 to USD 2400, approximately 100% higher than India