Breast Cancer Treatment Cost In ThailandChat
What is Breast Cancer?
The type of cancer that develops from the breast tissue and involves the mammary glands and other nearby muscles is known as Breast Cancer.
Early symptoms of breast cancer may include -
- Lump formation
- Thickening of the skin around nipples
- Irritation of the skin
- Dimpling of the breast
- In some cases blood or pus discharge
How is the Procedure Performed?
The treatment of breast cancer generally involves surgery along with radiation, chemotherapy, and in some cases hormone therapy as well.
The choice of treatment regime depends upon the type and stage of cancer.
Who is the Right Doctor for Breast Cancer Treatment?
The right doctor to consult for the treatment of breast cancer is a Gynecologist and a Medical Oncologist first.
If surgery is required after the consultation, then the patient can seek consultation from a Surgical Oncologist and Radiation Oncologist.
For reconstruction and care, a Plastic/Cosmetic Surgeon can be consulted.
What tests are required?
The common tests for diagnosis of breast cancer are mammography and biopsy.
For preventive measures, one should always do a self-examination to check for any lump or hardness in the breast area or armpit area.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
The breast cancer survival rate is 90% if diagnosed in an early stage. This means 90% of the people after treatment can live up to 5 years.
This type of cancer is more common in females than males and is more commonly malignant cancer.
The cost of Breast Cancer includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost may include Breast ultrasound, Breast magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), Biopsy, and Diagnostic mammogram.
Surgery cost (Depends upon the type and size of the tumor and the extent to which the tumor has spread)
Post-Operative cost (there might be a need for Chemotherapy or Radiotherapy before or post-surgery)
Medicines (Tamoxifen (Nolvadex, Soltamox), pain killers)
Patient's hospital stay
Note - The patient will be required to visit the surgeon a week after the surgery to assess and remove any staples or stitches.
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
The stage and type of cancer
Patients may require repeated investigation through PET CT and related tests Post-surgery / Chemotherapy / Radiation Therapy.
Any additional tests may be required.
An extended stay at the Hospital
Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident [may take longer duration in case of chemotherapy or radiotherapy sessions]
Cost related to Breast Cancer Treatment in Thailand
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Breast Cancer||USD 4500 to USD 5500|
|Chemotherapy||USD 1350 to USD 1650|
|Breast Reconstruction with Implant||USD 7642 to USD 9340|
|Mastectomy||USD 5604 to USD 6850|
Top hospitals and doctors for Breast Cancer Treatment in ThailandFilter
Showing 40 Hospitals and doctors for Breast Cancer Treatment in Thailand
- Established in 1972, the Bangkok Hospital is one of the first private hospitals in Thailand; it has now established its reputation as a tertiary care hospital dedicated especially to Cancer and Cardiology.
- It has Centres & Clinics committed to comprehensive treatment in different medical and surgical departments such as Cardiology, Cancer, Orthopaedics & Spine Surgery, Neurology & Neuroscience, Fertility, Paediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Dentistry, Geriatric, Gastroenterology, Liver, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, and ENT.
- It offers several Health Packages on Fertility, Plastic Surgery, Lasik Eye Surgery, Hip & Knee Surgery, Obesity, Vascular Surgery, Laparoscopic Surgery and many more.
- It is equipped with the latest cutting-edge technologies some of which are - the 256-Slice Multi-Detector CT Scan, Cardiovascular MRI, the first Cartosound in Thailand, LINAC, the ARTIS Pheno machine, PET/CT Scan, and a New X-RAY Biplane Imaging (EOS).
- Having the ultimate "Hybrid Operating Room Full Function", enables the hospital to improve accuracy making it a leader in heart surgery.
- The Hospital has been awarded various accreditations by the Joint Commission International (JCI) in Programmes such as Traumatic Brain Injury, Total Knee Replacement, Acute Coronary Syndrome, Primary Stroke, Low Back Pain, Diabetes Type 2, Breast Cancer Conserving, and Heart Failure.
- It has also received the Hospital Accreditation of Thailand, Asian Hospital Management Award, Global Health Asia-Pacific Awards, and a Dual Medical Transport Accreditation i.e CAMTS USA and CAMTS GLOBAL.
- It provides International Medical Services for foreign patients by assisting them in language translations, special diets, accommodation, liaising with embassies or organisations, and free medical consultations via internet.
- Established on 17 September 1980, the Bumrungrad International Hospital, Bangkok is a global pioneer in giving the best international standard healthcare services and one of the largest private multi-speciality hospitals in South East Asia with patients coming from over 190 countries annually.
- It is a one-stop healthcare destination for all types of patients with the ability to handle complex care needs.
- It practices a one-price policy for all patients regardless of whether they are local or international patients ensuring the principle value of "care for the people."
- It is a tertiary care hospital having over 45 Centres and Clinics namely, Arrhythmia Centre, Breast Centre, Bumrungrad Robotic Surgery Centre, Children's (Paediatric) Centre, Diagnostic Radiology & Nuclear Medicine, Digestive Disease (GI) Centre, Fertility Centre & IVF Clinic, Heart (Cardiology) Centre, Orthopaedic Centre, Plastic (Cosmetic) Surgery Centre, Spine Institute and many more.
- It is the only hospital in Thailand using next-generation sequencing (NGS) technology.
- It offers many Health Packages under various departments like Mammogram and Breast Ultrasound packages, Arthroscopic Knee Surgery Packages, and Heart Disease Screening packages to mention a few.
- Being a leader in innovative patient services and medical technologies, it utilises state-of-the-art technologies like CardioInsight, a non-invasive diagnostics technology for diagnosing heart arrhythmias - the only active centre in the Asia Pacific.
- It was also the first IBM Watson - a machine-learning AI for Oncology sites in the world, enabling doctors and specialists to analyse patients' data against traditional means by a quicker and most accurate treatment possible.
- The Bumrungrad Robotic Surgery Centre uses the MAKOplasty©, Mazor X and the da Vinci System having better consistency, accuracy, and faster recovery with less invasiveness in joint, spine, and cancer surgeries.
- It is the first private hospital in Thailand to be accredited by the Healthcare Accreditation Institute, the first private hospital in Thailand to be awarded the Thailand Quality Class Award for organizational excellence, the first hospital to receive the award for Excellence in Health Tourism, receives Advanced Hospital Accreditation by the Healthcare Accreditation Institute of Thailand, and the first hospital in Asia to accredited The College of American Pathologists.
- The Hospital is JCI accredited since 2002, the first hospital in Asia to be DNV GL MIR Certified for Infection Risk in 2017, and the first non-USA hospital to receive the Global Healthcare Accreditation with Excellence designation from GHA - a reflection of the highest international quality and safety standards for overseas patients going to the hospital for treatment and care.
- It was listed as the best hospitals in Thailand for 2 consecutive years and one of the top 150 hospitals in the world in 2022.
- It has over 200 interpreters for patients whose language of communication is not English.
- Established in 1979, Samitivej Hospital is one of the leading private hospital groups in Thailand and SEA and is accredited by JCI.
- It is the first Hospital outside Japan to be accredited with the Japan Council for Quality Health Care (JCQHC) award.
- Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital is part of the seven private hospitals owned by the Bangkok Dusit Medical Services (BDMS), a leading and trusted private healthcare service provider in Thailand and ASEAN countries.
- It is a 275-bed tertiary care hospital with more than 40 Speciality Centres, namely, the Liver & Digestive Institute, Women's Health Centre including Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Bone, Joint, and Spine Centre, Surgery Clinic, Heart Institute, Bone Marrow & Stem Cell Transplantation Centre, Breast Centre, Fertility Centre, Hair Restoration Medical centre, Knee Health Centre, Neurology Centre, Oncology Centre to mention a few.
- Moreover, there is a Children's Hospital that is dedicated to comprehensive Paediatric care covering Newborns, GI, Oncology, Orthopaedics, Oncology, and others. It is the first private children's hospital in Thailand.
- In 1998, it was certified by UNICEF, WHO, the Department of Health, and the Ministry of Public Health, as a mother and baby-friendly hospital.
- It is one of the favourite medical destinations for both the nationals and expats, along with tourists from around the world providing international quality services and facilities. It was awarded the Top 5 World's Best Hospital for Medical Tourism for 2018 by the Medical Travel Quality Alliance.
- It has been a recipient of many awards, namely, Hospital of the Year by the Thailand Healthcare Asia Awards 2020, The Model Private Hospital Award 2020 for being the top private hospital for academic activity in Thailand, and Best Corporate Hospital Award 2019.
- It was also awarded Thailand's Prime Minister Award for the Most Recognized Service in 2004.
- The hospital is equipped with cutting-edge technologies to diagnose and treat patients with accuracy through a Magnetic Resonance Imaging machine (MRI), 640-slice CT scanner with less radiation, Mammogram, Bone Mineral Density (BMD) analysis, Lower abdominal Ultrasound for Men (Testicle Ultrasound), Cranial Ultrasound for infant, Intravenous Pyelography (IVP) and many more.
- It has a team that assists international patients from finding the right doctor to aftercare at home.
Doctors for Breast Cancer Treatment in Thailand
Medical OncologistConsultant, 43 years of experience
- Dr. Savitree Maoleekoonpairoj is a well-recognized Medical Oncologist.
- She holds 43 years of extensive experience.
- Her area of expertise is diagnosing and treating cancer using chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, biological therapy, and targeted therapy.
- After completing her MD from Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University, Thailand, in 1978, he did Diploma of The Thai Board of Internal Medicine in 1984 and
- Diploma of The Thai Board of Oncology in 2004.
- Her native language is English and Thai.
Medical OncologistConsultant, 36 years of experience
- Dr. Wirote Lausoontornsiri is a well-recognized Medical Oncologist with 36 years of experience.
- His special interests are Molecular Oncology and Viral Oncology.
- After completing his MD from Mahidol University in 1985, he did the Diploma of Thai Board of Internal Medicine, The Medical Council of Thailand in 1991, and Diploma of The American Board of Internal Medicine in 1996.
- He also received a Fellow in Hematology and Oncology from The University of Chicago Medical Center in 1999, the Diploma of The American Board of Hematology in 1999, and the Diploma of The American Board of Medical Oncology in 1999.
- He speaks English and Thai.
Gynaecologist and ObstetricianConsultant, 18 years of experience
- Dr. Saranya Chanpanitkitchot is a well-known Gynecologic Oncologist in Bangkok, Thailand, having 18 years of experience.
- Her special interests are minimally invasive surgery and gynecologic oncology.
- She completed her MD Faculty of Medicine from Chulalongkorn University in 2004.
- She did a Diploma Thai Subboard of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine from Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, in 2010 and become a Diplomate Thai Subboard of Gynecologic Oncology, Faculty of Medicine from Vajira Hospital Navamindratiraj University, in 2014.
- She also did a Master's of Science, Medical Bioinformatics, Faculty of Medicine from Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand, in 2019.
- She has various journals in national and international publications.
- She is a well-known member of The Medical Council of Thailand, Thai Endoscopic Society for Gynecologic Oncology, Royal Thai College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Thai Gynecologic Cancer Society, International Gynecologic Cancer Society, Thai Society of Gynecologic Endoscopists, and Asia-Pacific Association for Gynecologic Endoscopy and Minimally Invasive Therapy.
Breast Cancer Treatment Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Medical Oncologist
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Our patient's testimonials related to Gynaecologist And Obstetrician
Treatment videos related to Gynaecologist And Obstetrician
FAQ videos related to Gynaecologist And Obstetrician
More searches related to Breast Cancer Treatment
What is the price of Breast Cancer in other countries, compared to Thailand?
Approximate price of Breast Cancer in other countries compared to Thailand is:
- India, USD 2400 to USD 3600, approximately 40% lower than Thailand
- Turkey, USD 6800 to USD 10200, approximately 70% higher than Thailand
- Germany, USD 16800 to USD 25200, approximately 320% higher than Thailand
- Israel, USD 5600 to USD 8400, approximately 40% higher than Thailand
- Singapore, USD 14400 to USD 21600, approximately 260% higher than Thailand
- Malaysia, USD 4800 to USD 7200, approximately 20% higher than Thailand