Brain Tumor Treatment Cost In TurkeyChat
What is Brain Tumor?
All cancerous and non-cancerous abnormal growth of cells is collectively known as a brain tumor. They include some lesions found in the spinal cord as well.
These are mainly originated in the brain or maybe spread through connective tissue like blood or lymph. Symptoms mainly increasing headaches, blurry vision, loss of balance, confusion, and seizures. there are few cases of the asymptomatic tumours as well.
How is the Procedure Performed?
Treatment of brain tumor includes surgical removal of the cancerous part, either by microsurgery or craniotomy.
Post-surgery if some tissues are left then radiation therapy, chemotherapy or a combination of both is given strategically to clear out the cancer cells and prevent its reoccurrence.
Post-treatment palliative care is required for the management of symptoms and brain functioning.
Who is the Right Doctor for Brain Tumor Treatment?
The right doctor for treating a case of brain tumor is a neurologist, neurosurgeon, head and neck surgeon, and Oncologist.
What tests are required?
Tests that can properly diagnose brain tumors are imagining tests like Ct scan, MRI, and PET scan. however, in a few cases, we might need a brain biopsy to evaluate the type of cancerous growth.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
In terms of five-year survival rate, the percentage of people who lives more than five years is 36%, and in the case of 10 year-survival rate, It is 31%. there are few cancers of the brain which are slow-growing and don't really need intervention throughout life.
The Cost of a Brain Tumor Includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost, which may include [CT Scan or MRI]
Surgery cost (Depends upon the type and size of the tumor and the extent to which the tumor has spread)
Post-Operative cost (there might be a need for Chemotherapy or Radiotherapy before or post-surgery)
Patient's hospital stay
Note - The patient will be required to visit the surgeon a week after the surgery to assess and remove any staples or stitches.
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing or single room)
The stage and type of cancer
Patients may require repeated investigation through PET CT and related tests Post-surgery / Chemotherapy / Radiation Therapy.
Any additional tests may be required, such as ECG or blood tests.
An extended stay at the Hospital (Generally, the stay is around 3-10 days)
Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident [may take longer duration in case of chemotherapy or radiotherapy sessions]
Cost related to Brain Tumor Treatment in Turkey
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Brain Tumor Surgery||USD 10350 to USD 12650|
|Radiotherapy||USD 5724 to USD 6996|
|Gamma Knife for AVM or Brain Tumor||USD 8100 to USD 9900|
|Craniotomy Surgery||USD 6300 to USD 7700|
|Gliomas Treatment||USD 16722 to USD 20438|
|Stereotactic Radio Surgery||USD 4950 to USD 6050|
|Tumors||USD 13563 to USD 16577|
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Brain Tumor Treatment in TurkeyFilter
Showing 16 Hospitals and doctors for Brain Tumor Treatment in Turkey
Hisar Hospital Intercontinental, Istanbul
- The Hisar Hospital’s Neurology department works with a multidisciplinary approach with an aim to provide diagnostic and effective healthcare.
- The Hisar Hospital’s Oncology department offers services such as management of Alzheimer’s disease, Back pain, Bell’s palsy, Birth defects of the brain and spinal cord, Brain Injury, Cerebral palsy, Disk disease of the neck and lower back, Dizziness, Epilepsy, Headaches, Migraines, Sclerosis, Muscular dystrophy, etc.
Medical Park Group, İstanbul
The Department of Neuroscience at Medical Park offers specialized neurological services, and specialists committed to providing state-of-the-art, all-inclusive care.
Prof. Dr. Surat Canbay is one of the renowned Neurosurgeons in Medical Park Hospital with experience of 30+ years.
His clinical area of interest lies in the treatment of brain and spine tumors.
Medical Park Neurology & Neurosurgery Center programs are led by internationally recognized specialists who are the experts in diagnosing and treating the most complex brain and spinal disorders.
Medical Park is rated the World's 10th Most Excellent Center in Parkinson's Disease Surgery.
The method applied in the surgical treatment of Parkinson's Disease and many movement disorders success rates is 80%.
In the neurological department at Medical Park Group, the department offers Brain Tumor Surgery, Tremor Surgery, and Spinal Surgery and other special treatment methods.
Anadolu Medical Center, Kocaeli, Istanbul
Founded in 2005, Anadolu Health Center is located in Gebze district of Turkey. It is affiliated with Johns Hopkins Hospital in the United States, which is the number one medical center in the USA. The hospital has outpatient clinics in Istanbul at Ataşehir.
Anadolu Medical Center is accredited with JCI (Joint Commission International), OECI, ISO (18001, 14001 and 9001) certifications, OHSAS 18001 and ESMO (European Society for Medical Oncology).
The hospital covers a wide range of services, including neurological sciences, cardiovascular health, oncology, gynecology and IVF, diagnosis, and imaging. There are nine oncology departments, including Oncology Diagnosis, Surgical Oncology, Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Hematologic Oncology and Onco-cardiology.
The hospital provides airport pick up and drop facility, visa assistance and translator for French, English, Spanish, Russian, Persian and German. Language assistance is free of charge for international patients. The hospital examines medical reports in English and Russian language.
Doctors for Brain Tumor Treatment in Turkey
NeurosurgeonChairman, 31 years of experience
- Prof. Dr. Nejat Akalan is a neurosurgeon with more than 31 years of experience.
- He is a leading neurosurgeon for general neurosurgery and epilepsy operation in children.
- Dr. Akalan has expertise in treating glioma, epilepsy, movement disorders, skull injuries, nervous disorders, spine tumors, herniation, and other brain and spine problems.
- Dr. Akalan has published 117 scientific papers in international and national editions.
- He co-authors the book ‘Advances and Technical Standards in Neurosurgery.
NeurosurgeonConsultant, 20 years of experience
- Dr.Ilya Pekarsky is amongst the top-rated Neurosurgeons in the world.
- He is currently working with the Medical Park Healthcare group.
- Dr.Ilya Pekarsky completed his graduation from the Russian National Research Medical University and upgraded his further qualification from prestigious institutions in the USA, Switzerland, France, Italy, and Austria.
- His expertise lies in surgical and nonsurgical treatment of herniated discs, scoliosis, disc space narrowing, and neurosurgical rehabilitation.
- He performs around 60 surgeries every month.
- He is an active member of various organizations including the Israeli Orthopedic Association (IOA), Israeli Spine Society, and Spine Society of Europe.
NeurosurgeonHOD, 37 years of experience
- Dr. Ali Fahir Ozer is a renowned Neurosurgeon practicing successfully for more than 37 years.
- He is adept at performing Brain and Spine Surgery.
- His area of specialization covers biomechanics of the spine and dynamic stabilization of the spine.
- He has taken the patent of spinal products used in spinal surgery.
- He is a member of numerous prestigious associations that include Eurospine, North American Spine Society, AO Spine, Turkish Neurosurgical Society, International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery (ISAS), International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery–Turkey Chapter, Cervical Research Society (CRS), The International Society for Minimal Intervention in Spinal Surgery (ISMISS), and Middle East Spine Society (MESS) etc.
- The doctor has been involved in research and has authored or co‐authored over 200 papers and written 24 book chapters.
- He is also the editor of 7 books and a referee at Spine Journal, World Neurosurgery, Turkish Neurosurgery and Case Reports in Orthopaedics.
- He has completed Medical Doctor Training from Ataturk University, 1969-1976. Thereafter, he pursued Neurosurgery Specialist Training from Hacettepe University Department of Neurosurgery, 1977-1982.
Brain Tumor Treatment Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Brain Tumor Treatment - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Craniotomy is the most common type of surgery to remove brain tumor. In this procedure an incision is being made in the scalp and bone pieces are being removed from the skull. After wards the tumor is being excised.
Yes, brain tumor surgery is risky, it always carries some risks such as infection and bleeding. Some other risk of the procedure depends on the part where your brain tumor is located.
Yes, brain tumor can be successfully removed with surgery and do not grow back. It also depends on some factors such as if the surgeon is safely able to remove all of the tumor. If some tumor is being left it can be treated with radiotherapy.
Yes, brain tumour surgery is successful some people are able to recover easily after brain surgery while some people may have long term difficulties. The problem also depends on the area where brain tumor was located.
Brain tumors are very serious they can put some pressure on some healthy part of the brain or spreads to those areas. They causes some problem in backflow of fluid around the brain which can result in increase in pressure inside the skull.
During the Brain Tumor Treatment - Most Frequently Asked Questions
It will take around three to five hours to perform craniotomy but if you are undergoing awake craniotomy it will take around 5-7 years.
Brain tumour surgery is being done by a neurosurgeon under general anaesthesia. The complete procedure can take up to three to five hours if you are undergoing regular craniotomy.
Brain Tumour surgery is being done by following methods:
- Craniotomy-The most common type of surgery to remove a brain tumor is a craniotomy. This procedure involves making an incision in the scalp and removing a piece of bone from the skull to give the neurosurgeon access to the tumor.
- MRI-Guided Laser Ablation -MRI-guided laser ablation is a minimally invasive neurosurgical technique for a number of diseases, including brain tumors. The treatment uses lasers to target and destroy the tumor.
- Endoscopic Brain Tumor Surgery (Neuroendoscopy)- Neuroendoscopy is a minimally invasive surgical procedure in which the neurosurgeon removes the tumor through small holes (about the size of a dime) in the skull or through the mouth or nose.
After Brain Tumor Treatment - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Usually hospital stay after brain tumor surgery is two to five days. An MRI or CT scan will be performed the day after surgery to benchmark the success of the treatment. The exact length of stay depends on many factors, such as the type of surgery performed and whether there were any complications that require further treatment.
Pain is very minimum after surgery, you may have some headache and tenderness in the area affected. Some medicines are given for pain relief, you will be given medicines intravenously till you are not able to take pills.
If you experiencing any of the symptoms such as fever more than 101, weakness in arms or legs, change of mental status, any seizure, worsening headache, increased swelling/ redness at the incision site.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Neurosurgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Brain Tumor
FAQ videos related to Brain Tumor
Our patient's testimonials related to Neurosurgeon
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Brain Tumor in other countries, compared to Turkey?
Approximate price of Brain Tumor in other countries compared to Turkey is:
- India, USD 3200 to USD 4800, approximately 65% lower than Turkey
- Thailand, USD 10800 to USD 16200, approximately 17% higher than Turkey
- Germany, USD 8400 to USD 12600, approximately 9% lower than Turkey
- Israel, USD 25600 to USD 38400, approximately 178% higher than Turkey
- Singapore, USD 33600 to USD 50400, approximately 265% higher than Turkey
- Malaysia, USD 6400 to USD 9600, approximately 30% lower than Turkey