Brain Tumor Treatment Cost In ThailandChat
What is Brain Tumor?
All cancerous and non-cancerous abnormal growth of cells is collectively known as a brain tumor. They include some lesions found in the spinal cord as well.
These are mainly originated in the brain or maybe spread through connective tissue like blood or lymph. Symptoms mainly increasing headaches, blurry vision, loss of balance, confusion, and seizures. there are few cases of the asymptomatic tumours as well.
How is the Procedure Performed?
Treatment of brain tumor includes surgical removal of the cancerous part, either by microsurgery or craniotomy.
Post-surgery if some tissues are left then radiation therapy, chemotherapy or a combination of both is given strategically to clear out the cancer cells and prevent its reoccurrence.
Post-treatment palliative care is required for the management of symptoms and brain functioning.
Who is the Right Doctor for Brain Tumor Treatment?
The right doctor for treating a case of brain tumor is a neurologist, neurosurgeon, head and neck surgeon, and Oncologist.
What tests are required?
Tests that can properly diagnose brain tumors are imagining tests like Ct scan, MRI, and PET scan. however, in a few cases, we might need a brain biopsy to evaluate the type of cancerous growth.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
In terms of five-year survival rate, the percentage of people who lives more than five years is 36%, and in the case of 10 year-survival rate, It is 31%. there are few cancers of the brain which are slow-growing and don't really need intervention throughout life.
The Cost of a Brain Tumor Includes:
Preoperative diagnostic tests cost, which may include [CT Scan or MRI]
Surgery cost (Depends upon the type and size of the tumor and the extent to which the tumor has spread)
Post-Operative cost (there might be a need for Chemotherapy or Radiotherapy before or post-surgery)
Patient's hospital stay
Note - The patient will be required to visit the surgeon a week after the surgery to assess and remove any staples or stitches.
The overall cost of the procedure also varies based on the patient's condition and preferences. Some of these factors are:
Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing or single room)
The stage and type of cancer
Patients may require repeated investigation through PET CT and related tests Post-surgery / Chemotherapy / Radiation Therapy.
Any additional tests may be required, such as ECG or blood tests.
An extended stay at the Hospital (Generally, the stay is around 3-10 days)
Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident [may take longer duration in case of chemotherapy or radiotherapy sessions]
Cost related to Brain Tumor Treatment in Thailand
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Brain Tumor Surgery||USD 12150 to USD 14850|
|Gamma Knife for AVM or Brain Tumor||USD 6750 to USD 8250|
|Craniotomy Surgery||USD 21600 to USD 26400|
|Gliomas Treatment||USD 19800 to USD 24200|
Brain Tumor Treatment in Thailand
Popular Cities in Thailand for Brain Tumor Treatment are:
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Brain Tumor Treatment in ThailandFilter
Showing 40 Hospitals and doctors for Brain Tumor Treatment in Thailand
- Established in 1972, the Bangkok Hospital is one of the first private hospitals in Thailand; it has now established its reputation as a tertiary care hospital dedicated especially to Cancer and Cardiology.
- It has Centres & Clinics committed to comprehensive treatment in different medical and surgical departments such as Cardiology, Cancer, Orthopaedics & Spine Surgery, Neurology & Neuroscience, Fertility, Paediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Dentistry, Geriatric, Gastroenterology, Liver, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, and ENT.
- It offers several Health Packages on Fertility, Plastic Surgery, Lasik Eye Surgery, Hip & Knee Surgery, Obesity, Vascular Surgery, Laparoscopic Surgery and many more.
- It is equipped with the latest cutting-edge technologies some of which are - the 256-Slice Multi-Detector CT Scan, Cardiovascular MRI, the first Cartosound in Thailand, LINAC, the ARTIS Pheno machine, PET/CT Scan, and a New X-RAY Biplane Imaging (EOS).
- Having the ultimate "Hybrid Operating Room Full Function", enables the hospital to improve accuracy making it a leader in heart surgery.
- The Hospital has been awarded various accreditations by the Joint Commission International (JCI) in Programmes such as Traumatic Brain Injury, Total Knee Replacement, Acute Coronary Syndrome, Primary Stroke, Low Back Pain, Diabetes Type 2, Breast Cancer Conserving, and Heart Failure.
- It has also received the Hospital Accreditation of Thailand, Asian Hospital Management Award, Global Health Asia-Pacific Awards, and a Dual Medical Transport Accreditation i.e CAMTS USA and CAMTS GLOBAL.
- It provides International Medical Services for foreign patients by assisting them in language translations, special diets, accommodation, liaising with embassies or organisations, and free medical consultations via internet.
Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital, Bangkok
- Established in 1979, Samitivej Hospital is one of the leading private hospital groups in Thailand and SEA and is accredited by JCI.
- It is the first Hospital outside Japan to be accredited with the Japan Council for Quality Health Care (JCQHC) award.
- Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital is part of the seven private hospitals owned by the Bangkok Dusit Medical Services (BDMS), a leading and trusted private healthcare service provider in Thailand and ASEAN countries.
- It is a 275-bed tertiary care hospital with more than 40 Speciality Centres, namely, the Liver & Digestive Institute, Women's Health Centre including Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Bone, Joint, and Spine Centre, Surgery Clinic, Heart Institute, Bone Marrow & Stem Cell Transplantation Centre, Breast Centre, Fertility Centre, Hair Restoration Medical centre, Knee Health Centre, Neurology Centre, Oncology Centre to mention a few.
- Moreover, there is a Children's Hospital that is dedicated to comprehensive Paediatric care covering Newborns, GI, Oncology, Orthopaedics, Oncology, and others. It is the first private children's hospital in Thailand.
- In 1998, it was certified by UNICEF, WHO, the Department of Health, and the Ministry of Public Health, as a mother and baby-friendly hospital.
- It is one of the favourite medical destinations for both the nationals and expats, along with tourists from around the world providing international quality services and facilities. It was awarded the Top 5 World's Best Hospital for Medical Tourism for 2018 by the Medical Travel Quality Alliance.
- It has been a recipient of many awards, namely, Hospital of the Year by the Thailand Healthcare Asia Awards 2020, The Model Private Hospital Award 2020 for being the top private hospital for academic activity in Thailand, and Best Corporate Hospital Award 2019.
- It was also awarded Thailand's Prime Minister Award for the Most Recognized Service in 2004.
- The hospital is equipped with cutting-edge technologies to diagnose and treat patients with accuracy through a Magnetic Resonance Imaging machine (MRI), 640-slice CT scanner with less radiation, Mammogram, Bone Mineral Density (BMD) analysis, Lower abdominal Ultrasound for Men (Testicle Ultrasound), Cranial Ultrasound for infant, Intravenous Pyelography (IVP) and many more.
- It has a team that assists international patients from finding the right doctor to aftercare at home.
Vejthani Hospital Bangkok, Thailand
- Vejthani Hospital, established in 1994, is one of the leading private international hospitals in Thailand that provides JCI-accredited quaternary health care services.
- Cutting-edge medical technologies, internationally trained specialists, world-class health care standards, and authentic Thai hospitality are their key competencies.
- The hospital serves over 300,000 patients from over 100 countries annually with over 200 inpatient beds.
- Providing a team of knowledgeable translators ensures they are able to communicate effectively in over 20 languages, aptly resolving issues regarding barriers to communication in healthcare.
- Over 300 specialists across multiple specialties at Vejthani Hospital provide a comprehensive range of quaternary medical services, including bone marrow transplant, total joint replacement surgery, kidney transplant, plastic surgery, dental, skin & laser treatment, spine surgery, and gastrointestinal disorder treatment.
- Vejthani Hospital has received one of the highest numbers of Clinical Care Program Certifications (CCPCs) from Joint Commission International (JCI) in the United States, which accredits top-tier hospitals that achieve the highest facilitation for patient safety.
- Vejthani Hospital’s clinical care programs for Diabetes Type II, Hepatitis B, Knee Replacement, and Lumbar Decompression and Fixation have received JCI CCPC.
- As two of the certified fields are subcategories of orthopedics, makes it is popular for patients to claim that the hospital patients gave the hospital the title ‘The King of Bones.
- Vejthani Hospital is the first hospital in the world to receive Hepatitis B CCPC and is the first in Southeast Asia to receive Lumbar Decompression and Fixation CCPC.
Doctors for Brain Tumor Treatment in Thailand
NeurosurgeonConsultant, 58 years of experience
- Dr. Chare Phonprasert is a very senior and a skilled Neurosurgeon with an extensive experience of +58 years.
- He completed his MD in 1963 from Mahidol University, Thailand and then did his diploma from the American Board of Neurological Surgery, USA.
- Dr. Phonprasert is a specialised neurosugeon for microsurgery procedures such as aneurysm clipping, brain tumour, cerebrovascular neurosurgery, craniotomy, endoscopic surgery, endovascular neurosurgery, epilepsy/peripheral nerve/psychiatric neurosurgery/skull base and trauma surgeries. He also performs laminectomy, lumbar puncture, anterior cervical discectomy, microdiscectomy and ventriculostomy among other procedures.
NeurosurgeonSenior Consultant, 33 years of experience
- Dr. Yodruk Prasert is a well-known Neurosurgeon who has been practising for over 33 years.
- His areas of expertise are Neurological Surgery, Vascular Surgery, Skull Base Surgery and Spine Surgery.
- He is a member of the Thai Medical Council and the Thai Board of Neurological Surgery.
- Dr. Yodruk Prasert has completed MD (1988) from Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Thailand.
- He is trained in Neurological Surgery (1994) from the Bhumibol Adulyadej Hospital, Thailand.
- Dr. Yodruk Prasert is well-versed in English and Thai.
NeurosurgeonConsultant, 38 years of experience
- Dr. Prasopsook Songpaiboon is a senior and a skilled Neurosurgeon with +38 years of experience in the field.
- In 1981, he did a diploma from the Thai Board of Neurological Surgery and the earned the qualification of a Gamma-Knife neurosurgeon. Later, in 1983 he did his MD from Chulalongkorn University, Thailand.
- Dr. Songpaiboon is a leading neurosurgeon who performs surgeries for aneurysm clipping, brain tumour, cerebrovascular neurosurgery, craniotomy, endoscopic surgery, endovascular neurosurgery, epilepsy/peripheral nerve/psychiatric neurosurgery/skull base and trauma surgeries. He also performs laminectomy, lumbar puncture, anterior cervical discectomy, microdiscectomy and ventriculostomy among other procedures.
- He also diagnoses and treats diseases of the spine, brain and the nervous system such as congenital anomalies, tumours, trauma, vascular disorders, infections of the brain, spine, stroke and any degenerative diseases of the spine.
Brain Tumor Treatment Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Brain Tumor Treatment - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Craniotomy is the most common type of surgery to remove brain tumor. In this procedure an incision is being made in the scalp and bone pieces are being removed from the skull. After wards the tumor is being excised.
Yes, brain tumor surgery is risky, it always carries some risks such as infection and bleeding. Some other risk of the procedure depends on the part where your brain tumor is located.
Yes, brain tumor can be successfully removed with surgery and do not grow back. It also depends on some factors such as if the surgeon is safely able to remove all of the tumor. If some tumor is being left it can be treated with radiotherapy.
Yes, brain tumour surgery is successful some people are able to recover easily after brain surgery while some people may have long term difficulties. The problem also depends on the area where brain tumor was located.
Brain tumors are very serious they can put some pressure on some healthy part of the brain or spreads to those areas. They causes some problem in backflow of fluid around the brain which can result in increase in pressure inside the skull.
During the Brain Tumor Treatment - Most Frequently Asked Questions
It will take around three to five hours to perform craniotomy but if you are undergoing awake craniotomy it will take around 5-7 years.
Brain tumour surgery is being done by a neurosurgeon under general anaesthesia. The complete procedure can take up to three to five hours if you are undergoing regular craniotomy.
Brain Tumour surgery is being done by following methods:
- Craniotomy-The most common type of surgery to remove a brain tumor is a craniotomy. This procedure involves making an incision in the scalp and removing a piece of bone from the skull to give the neurosurgeon access to the tumor.
- MRI-Guided Laser Ablation -MRI-guided laser ablation is a minimally invasive neurosurgical technique for a number of diseases, including brain tumors. The treatment uses lasers to target and destroy the tumor.
- Endoscopic Brain Tumor Surgery (Neuroendoscopy)- Neuroendoscopy is a minimally invasive surgical procedure in which the neurosurgeon removes the tumor through small holes (about the size of a dime) in the skull or through the mouth or nose.
After Brain Tumor Treatment - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Usually hospital stay after brain tumor surgery is two to five days. An MRI or CT scan will be performed the day after surgery to benchmark the success of the treatment. The exact length of stay depends on many factors, such as the type of surgery performed and whether there were any complications that require further treatment.
Pain is very minimum after surgery, you may have some headache and tenderness in the area affected. Some medicines are given for pain relief, you will be given medicines intravenously till you are not able to take pills.
If you experiencing any of the symptoms such as fever more than 101, weakness in arms or legs, change of mental status, any seizure, worsening headache, increased swelling/ redness at the incision site.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Neurosurgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Brain Tumor
FAQ videos related to Brain Tumor
Our patient's testimonials related to Neurosurgeon
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Brain Tumor in other countries, compared to Thailand?
Approximate price of Brain Tumor in other countries compared to Thailand is:
- India, USD 3200 to USD 4800, approximately 70% lower than Thailand
- Turkey, USD 9200 to USD 13800, approximately 15% lower than Thailand
- Germany, USD 8400 to USD 12600, approximately 22% lower than Thailand
- Israel, USD 25600 to USD 38400, approximately 137% higher than Thailand
- Singapore, USD 33600 to USD 50400, approximately 211% higher than Thailand
- Malaysia, USD 6400 to USD 9600, approximately 41% lower than Thailand