Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf Cost In TurkeyChat
What is Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf?
Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion (ACDF) is a surgical procedure to remove a herniated or degenerative disc in the neck.
How is the Procedure Performed?
In ACDF an incision is involved in the procedure, particularly in the throat area to remove the disc, then a graft is inserted to fuse together the bones above and below the disc.
Who is the Right Doctor for Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf?
For Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion, both Neurosurgeons and Orthopaedic Spine Surgeons are the right doctors.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
Usually, the success rate of ACDF is between 93 to 100%
The associated side effects of Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion may include, Hoarseness in voice, swallowing difficulties etc.
Cost related to Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf in Turkey
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Anterior Cervical Discectomy||USD 10800 to USD 13200|
|Cervical Spine Surgery||USD 5400 to USD 6600|
|Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion (ACDF)||USD 8820 to USD 10780|
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf in TurkeyFilter
Showing 16 Hospitals and doctors for Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf in Turkey
Hisar Hospital Intercontinental, Istanbul
- The Hisar Hospital’s Neurology department works with a multidisciplinary approach with an aim to provide diagnostic and effective healthcare.
- The Hisar Hospital’s Oncology department offers services such as management of Alzheimer’s disease, Back pain, Bell’s palsy, Birth defects of the brain and spinal cord, Brain Injury, Cerebral palsy, Disk disease of the neck and lower back, Dizziness, Epilepsy, Headaches, Migraines, Sclerosis, Muscular dystrophy, etc.
Medical Park Group, İstanbul
The Department of Neuroscience at Medical Park offers specialized neurological services, and specialists committed to providing state-of-the-art, all-inclusive care.
Prof. Dr. Surat Canbay is one of the renowned Neurosurgeons in Medical Park Hospital with experience of 30+ years.
His clinical area of interest lies in the treatment of brain and spine tumors.
Medical Park Neurology & Neurosurgery Center programs are led by internationally recognized specialists who are the experts in diagnosing and treating the most complex brain and spinal disorders.
Medical Park is rated the World's 10th Most Excellent Center in Parkinson's Disease Surgery.
The method applied in the surgical treatment of Parkinson's Disease and many movement disorders success rates is 80%.
In the neurological department at Medical Park Group, the department offers Brain Tumor Surgery, Tremor Surgery, and Spinal Surgery and other special treatment methods.
American Hospital, Istanbul
- For 30 years American hospitals have been offering treatments for Neurological disorders.
- The neurological department works around the clock with emergency assistance.
- The services offered by them include the treatment of the brain, spinal cord disorders, peripheral nerves, and muscle diseases. Also, provides Diagnostic EEG, video recording EEG, EMG, SEP, VEP, BAEP, and magnetic stimulation tests.
- Annually, 7-8 thousand patients are treated in the neurological department and approximately 1,200 EMG-SEP examinations are performed.
Doctors for Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf in Turkey
Spine SurgeonAssociate Professor, 20 years of experience
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Halil Burc is an Spine Surgeon at Hisar Intercontinental Hospital, Istanbul.
He completed his medical school from Marmara University in 1998 followed by various training certifications from several prestigious institutions. Further, he joined Süleyman Demirel University as an Assistant Professor in 2015.
Currently, he is actively associated with several organizations including the Turkish Association of Orthopedics and Traumatology (TOTBİD), the Turkish Society of Orthopedics and Traumatology (ACTA), the Turkish Medical Association and more.
Spine SurgeonConsultant, 20 years of experience
- Op. Dr. Mehmet Aydogan is a well-known Orthopaedist, Traumatologist & Advanced Spine Surgeon with experience of 20+ years.
- He has Memberships of Scientific Organizations such as the Turkish Medical Association (TTB), Turkish Orthopedics and Traumatology Association (TOTBID), Turkish Spine Association (TOD), Minimal Invasive Spine Surgery Association (MINOD), North America Spine Society (NASS), Scoliosis Research Society (SRS), and European Spine Society (ESS).
- He graduated from Ege University Faculty of Medicine (1990 - 1996) and gained a Fellowship in 2009 from Comprehensive Spine Center University of California Los Angeles, USA,
- He also has an International Spine Fellow from the Comprehensive Spine Center University of California Los Angeles, USA (2009 - 2010).
- Dr. Aydogan has a keen interest in areas such as Rope Scoliosis Surgery (Non-Fusion Scoliosis Surgery), Spinal Canal Stenosis, Waist Shift, Cervical Disc Prosthesis, Spinal Fractures, Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery, Laser - Endoscopic Discectomy, Pediatric - Adult Spine Deformities, etc.
Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Mild cases may not need treatment. But, moderate to severe cases that are left untreated can lead to pain and increasing deformity, as well as potential heart and lung damage.
Also, if it is the case of a young child, the deformity increases drastically with hormone changes happening during puberty.
Vertebral fusion at more than one level may also be a risk factor for dysphagia. In summary, it appears from this study that difficulty swallowing after spinal surgery is an effect associated with anterior cervical spine (neck) surgery much more often than with lumbar (low back) spine surgery.
However, this gets normal after 5-7 days of the surgery.
Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion is a surgery to reduce or eliminate chronic pain in the neck and back due to a problem with the discs. This surgery removes the degenerative or herniated disc from the neck
Anterior cervical disectomy is needed to relieve the pressure on the nerve root or on the spinal cord by removing the ruptured disc, in some cases there may also be need of some plates or screws to stable the spine.
This treatment is thought as an effective treatment for nerve root or cord compression which is caused due to herniated disc, according to some recent searches this procedure has not been found to be necessary.
Yes, you can get your disectomy without fusion, anterior cervical discectomy without fusion is a safe and effective treatment for cervical disk herniation.
Some of the alternatives to disectomy surgery are excersises, physiotherapy, medications and injections. When these treatment fails then doctor will suggest you to go for disectomy surgery.
During the Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf - Most Frequently Asked Questions
It will last for 1-2 hours and hospital stay would be for 2 days.
Discectomy surgery will need around one to three hours to complete under general anaesthesia.
Anterior disectomy surgery is being done by an orthopaedics or neurosurgeon.
An incision is being made in front of the neck, the skin incision may be made through one of the natural folds of your neck. Then a graft is inserted to fuse together the bones above and below the disc.
After Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Pain Management at Home after ACDF. Some pain is likely after discharge from the hospital. Narcotic pain medication is usually prescribed to help reduce the pain in the first 1 to 4 weeks after surgery.
After the shower, patients should remove the bandage and dry off the surgical area. Patients should not take a bath until the wound has completely healed, which is usually around 2 weeks after surgery.
The fusion should be solid by about 3 months and the newly fused bone should continue to grow stronger for up to about a year. The surgeon may take X-rays to determine the fusion's progress.
3 Weeks to 3 Months After ACDF Surgery. By 3 weeks, patients usually are cleared to do some light work around the home. Lifting items that weigh more than 10 pounds is now allowed.
You may need to wear a neck brace for a while. It may take 4 to 6 weeks to get back to your usual activities, but it may depend on what kind of surgery you had.
The fusion can take anywhere from three months to a year to become solid after surgery, and you could still have some symptoms during that time.
Your doctor might recommend that you wear a cervical collar to support your neck for the first four to six weeks.
If you're considering an anterior cervical discectomy with fusion (ACDF) surgery for neck pain, it's common to worry about how much your neck will be able to move after the procedure.
After all, one or more of your neck's mobile joints would be fused solid and cease to move. However, this doesn't mean that you will NOT be able to move your neck at all.
It will take around four to six weeks to recover after surgery and till that time you have to avoid doing any heavy strenuous activity. Till that time you have to wear a collar to stabilze your neck.
Some of the common complications of the surgery includes respiratory problem, other problem includes long term pain at the site of bone graft, infection of the incision, infection of the vertebrae and bleeding. These complications are not fatal and they can be treated effectively.
After surgery patient will experience some pain at the incision site, pain killers are usually given to get relief from pain.
If you notice the sign of infection such as redness or draining at the incision site then you should get check with your doctor. The time taken to return back to normal activities are different for ever patient.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Spine Surgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf
FAQ videos related to Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf
Our patient's testimonials related to Spine Surgeon
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf in other countries, compared to Turkey?
Approximate price of Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf in other countries compared to Turkey is:
- Thailand, USD 8000 to USD 12000, approximately 17% lower than Turkey
- Germany, USD 20000 to USD 30000, approximately 108% higher than Turkey
- India, USD 4320 to USD 6480, approximately 55% lower than Turkey
- Israel, USD 16000 to USD 24000, approximately 67% higher than Turkey
- Malaysia, USD 8640 to USD 12960, approximately 10% lower than Turkey