Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf Cost In ThailandChat
What is Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf?
Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion (ACDF) is a surgical procedure to remove a herniated or degenerative disc in the neck.
How is the Procedure Performed?
In ACDF an incision is involved in the procedure, particularly in the throat area to remove the disc, then a graft is inserted to fuse together the bones above and below the disc.
Who is the Right Doctor for Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf?
For Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion, both Neurosurgeons and Orthopaedic Spine Surgeons are the right doctors.
What is the Usual Success Rate for this Procedure?
Usually, the success rate of ACDF is between 93 to 100%
The associated side effects of Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion may include, Hoarseness in voice, swallowing difficulties etc.
Cost related to Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf in Thailand
|Treatment name||Cost range|
|Anterior Cervical Discectomy||USD 9000 to USD 11000|
|Cervical Spine Surgery||USD 4500 to USD 5500|
|Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion (ACDF)||USD 8127 to USD 9933|
Help Us With Patient Details
Top hospitals and doctors for Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf in ThailandFilter
Showing 31 Hospitals and doctors for Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf in Thailand
- Established in 1972, the Bangkok Hospital is one of the first private hospitals in Thailand; it has now established its reputation as a tertiary care hospital dedicated especially to Cancer and Cardiology.
- It has Centres & Clinics committed to comprehensive treatment in different medical and surgical departments such as Cardiology, Cancer, Orthopaedics & Spine Surgery, Neurology & Neuroscience, Fertility, Paediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Dentistry, Geriatric, Gastroenterology, Liver, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, and ENT.
- It offers several Health Packages on Fertility, Plastic Surgery, Lasik Eye Surgery, Hip & Knee Surgery, Obesity, Vascular Surgery, Laparoscopic Surgery and many more.
- It is equipped with the latest cutting-edge technologies some of which are - the 256-Slice Multi-Detector CT Scan, Cardiovascular MRI, the first Cartosound in Thailand, LINAC, the ARTIS Pheno machine, PET/CT Scan, and a New X-RAY Biplane Imaging (EOS).
- Having the ultimate "Hybrid Operating Room Full Function", enables the hospital to improve accuracy making it a leader in heart surgery.
- The Hospital has been awarded various accreditations by the Joint Commission International (JCI) in Programmes such as Traumatic Brain Injury, Total Knee Replacement, Acute Coronary Syndrome, Primary Stroke, Low Back Pain, Diabetes Type 2, Breast Cancer Conserving, and Heart Failure.
- It has also received the Hospital Accreditation of Thailand, Asian Hospital Management Award, Global Health Asia-Pacific Awards, and a Dual Medical Transport Accreditation i.e CAMTS USA and CAMTS GLOBAL.
- It provides International Medical Services for foreign patients by assisting them in language translations, special diets, accommodation, liaising with embassies or organisations, and free medical consultations via internet.
Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital, Bangkok
- Established in 1979, Samitivej Hospital is one of the leading private hospital groups in Thailand and SEA and is accredited by JCI.
- It is the first Hospital outside Japan to be accredited with the Japan Council for Quality Health Care (JCQHC) award.
- Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital is part of the seven private hospitals owned by the Bangkok Dusit Medical Services (BDMS), a leading and trusted private healthcare service provider in Thailand and ASEAN countries.
- It is a 275-bed tertiary care hospital with more than 40 Speciality Centres, namely, the Liver & Digestive Institute, Women's Health Centre including Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Bone, Joint, and Spine Centre, Surgery Clinic, Heart Institute, Bone Marrow & Stem Cell Transplantation Centre, Breast Centre, Fertility Centre, Hair Restoration Medical centre, Knee Health Centre, Neurology Centre, Oncology Centre to mention a few.
- Moreover, there is a Children's Hospital that is dedicated to comprehensive Paediatric care covering Newborns, GI, Oncology, Orthopaedics, Oncology, and others. It is the first private children's hospital in Thailand.
- In 1998, it was certified by UNICEF, WHO, the Department of Health, and the Ministry of Public Health, as a mother and baby-friendly hospital.
- It is one of the favourite medical destinations for both the nationals and expats, along with tourists from around the world providing international quality services and facilities. It was awarded the Top 5 World's Best Hospital for Medical Tourism for 2018 by the Medical Travel Quality Alliance.
- It has been a recipient of many awards, namely, Hospital of the Year by the Thailand Healthcare Asia Awards 2020, The Model Private Hospital Award 2020 for being the top private hospital for academic activity in Thailand, and Best Corporate Hospital Award 2019.
- It was also awarded Thailand's Prime Minister Award for the Most Recognized Service in 2004.
- The hospital is equipped with cutting-edge technologies to diagnose and treat patients with accuracy through a Magnetic Resonance Imaging machine (MRI), 640-slice CT scanner with less radiation, Mammogram, Bone Mineral Density (BMD) analysis, Lower abdominal Ultrasound for Men (Testicle Ultrasound), Cranial Ultrasound for infant, Intravenous Pyelography (IVP) and many more.
- It has a team that assists international patients from finding the right doctor to aftercare at home.
Vejthani Hospital Bangkok, Thailand
- Vejthani Hospital, established in 1994, is one of the leading private international hospitals in Thailand that provides JCI-accredited quaternary health care services.
- Cutting-edge medical technologies, internationally trained specialists, world-class health care standards, and authentic Thai hospitality are their key competencies.
- The hospital serves over 300,000 patients from over 100 countries annually with over 200 inpatient beds.
- Providing a team of knowledgeable translators ensures they are able to communicate effectively in over 20 languages, aptly resolving issues regarding barriers to communication in healthcare.
- Over 300 specialists across multiple specialties at Vejthani Hospital provide a comprehensive range of quaternary medical services, including bone marrow transplant, total joint replacement surgery, kidney transplant, plastic surgery, dental, skin & laser treatment, spine surgery, and gastrointestinal disorder treatment.
- Vejthani Hospital has received one of the highest numbers of Clinical Care Program Certifications (CCPCs) from Joint Commission International (JCI) in the United States, which accredits top-tier hospitals that achieve the highest facilitation for patient safety.
- Vejthani Hospital’s clinical care programs for Diabetes Type II, Hepatitis B, Knee Replacement, and Lumbar Decompression and Fixation have received JCI CCPC.
- As two of the certified fields are subcategories of orthopedics, makes it is popular for patients to claim that the hospital patients gave the hospital the title ‘The King of Bones.
- Vejthani Hospital is the first hospital in the world to receive Hepatitis B CCPC and is the first in Southeast Asia to receive Lumbar Decompression and Fixation CCPC.
Doctors for Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf in Thailand
Spine SurgeonConsultant, 43 years of experience
- Dr. Vera Sathira-Angkura is a senior and an internatioanally-qualified Spine Surgeon with +43 years of experience in the field.
- After completing a spinal surgery training in 1977 from the Queen's Medical Center, Nottingham, England, he did his MD in 1978 from Chiang Mai University, he underwent training for scoliosis at the Loyola University Hospital, Chicago, USA and then completed a diploma from the Federation Internationale de Medicine Sportive in the same year. In 1984, he completed a diploma from the Thai Board of Orthopedic Surgery.
- Dr. Vera Sathira-Angkura is an expert at performing spine surgeries such as, discectomy, foraminotomy, nucleoplasty, spinal fusion, artificial disk replacement, spinal fusion, kyphoplasty, vertebroplasty and spinal laminectomy. He also treats conditions of the spine such as, scoliosis, degenerative disc disease, herniated disc, spinal stenosis, back pain, ankylosing spondylitis, spinal deformiites/fractures/tumours/cancer.
- He has co-authored few research papers on various aspects of surgically and clinically treating the spine.
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Areesak Chotivichit
Spine SurgeonAssociate Professor, 39 years of experience
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Areesak Chotivichit is a reputed Orthopaedic & Joint Replacement Surgeon.
- He has 39 years of vast experience in his field.
- His areas of specialization are total joint replacement and spine surgery.
- He did MD from Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Thailand, in 1982, Fellowship in Total Joint Replacement from University of California, Los Angeles, USA, in 1987.
- He became Diplomate of The American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery in 1994 and also gained Fellowship in Spinal Reconstructive Surgery from Johns Hopkins Hospital School of Medicine, Baltimore, USA, in 1997.
Gp. Capt. Dr. Tayard Buranakarl
Spine SurgeonSenior Consultant, 32 years of experience
- Gp. Capt. Dr. Tayard Buranakarl is a skilled and experienced Spine Surgeon with over 32 years of industry experience.
- Multilevel cervical treatments, scoliosis surgery, and reconstructive lumbar operations using the most cutting-edge Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) techniques are among his areas of expertise.
- He is the Director of the Bangkok Spine Academy and Vice-President of the Thai Spine Society.
- Gp. Capt. Dr. Tayard Buranakarl has completed MD (1989) from Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Thailand.
- He is trained in Orthopedics (1995) from the Bhumibol Adulyadej Hospital, Thailand.
- He is also trained in Spine Surgery (2000) from Siriraj Hospital, Thailand.
- He has a Fellowship (2017) in Spine Surgery from the Bangkok Hospital Medical Center, Thailand.
- He has a fellowship in Spine Surgery (2000) from UCLA School of Medicine, the University of California, USA.
- Dr. Tayard is the ASEAN group's reference surgeon for Medtronic (the world's largest global spine technology company), as well as assisting with Medtronic surgeon training throughout the Asia-Pacific area.
- Gp. Capt. Dr. Tayard Buranakarl is well-versed in English and Thai.
Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf Cost - Frequently Asked Questions
Before Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Mild cases may not need treatment. But, moderate to severe cases that are left untreated can lead to pain and increasing deformity, as well as potential heart and lung damage.
Also, if it is the case of a young child, the deformity increases drastically with hormone changes happening during puberty.
Vertebral fusion at more than one level may also be a risk factor for dysphagia. In summary, it appears from this study that difficulty swallowing after spinal surgery is an effect associated with anterior cervical spine (neck) surgery much more often than with lumbar (low back) spine surgery.
However, this gets normal after 5-7 days of the surgery.
Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion is a surgery to reduce or eliminate chronic pain in the neck and back due to a problem with the discs. This surgery removes the degenerative or herniated disc from the neck
Anterior cervical disectomy is needed to relieve the pressure on the nerve root or on the spinal cord by removing the ruptured disc, in some cases there may also be need of some plates or screws to stable the spine.
This treatment is thought as an effective treatment for nerve root or cord compression which is caused due to herniated disc, according to some recent searches this procedure has not been found to be necessary.
Yes, you can get your disectomy without fusion, anterior cervical discectomy without fusion is a safe and effective treatment for cervical disk herniation.
Some of the alternatives to disectomy surgery are excersises, physiotherapy, medications and injections. When these treatment fails then doctor will suggest you to go for disectomy surgery.
During the Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf - Most Frequently Asked Questions
It will last for 1-2 hours and hospital stay would be for 2 days.
Discectomy surgery will need around one to three hours to complete under general anaesthesia.
Anterior disectomy surgery is being done by an orthopaedics or neurosurgeon.
An incision is being made in front of the neck, the skin incision may be made through one of the natural folds of your neck. Then a graft is inserted to fuse together the bones above and below the disc.
After Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf - Most Frequently Asked Questions
Pain Management at Home after ACDF. Some pain is likely after discharge from the hospital. Narcotic pain medication is usually prescribed to help reduce the pain in the first 1 to 4 weeks after surgery.
After the shower, patients should remove the bandage and dry off the surgical area. Patients should not take a bath until the wound has completely healed, which is usually around 2 weeks after surgery.
The fusion should be solid by about 3 months and the newly fused bone should continue to grow stronger for up to about a year. The surgeon may take X-rays to determine the fusion's progress.
3 Weeks to 3 Months After ACDF Surgery. By 3 weeks, patients usually are cleared to do some light work around the home. Lifting items that weigh more than 10 pounds is now allowed.
You may need to wear a neck brace for a while. It may take 4 to 6 weeks to get back to your usual activities, but it may depend on what kind of surgery you had.
The fusion can take anywhere from three months to a year to become solid after surgery, and you could still have some symptoms during that time.
Your doctor might recommend that you wear a cervical collar to support your neck for the first four to six weeks.
If you're considering an anterior cervical discectomy with fusion (ACDF) surgery for neck pain, it's common to worry about how much your neck will be able to move after the procedure.
After all, one or more of your neck's mobile joints would be fused solid and cease to move. However, this doesn't mean that you will NOT be able to move your neck at all.
It will take around four to six weeks to recover after surgery and till that time you have to avoid doing any heavy strenuous activity. Till that time you have to wear a collar to stabilze your neck.
Some of the common complications of the surgery includes respiratory problem, other problem includes long term pain at the site of bone graft, infection of the incision, infection of the vertebrae and bleeding. These complications are not fatal and they can be treated effectively.
After surgery patient will experience some pain at the incision site, pain killers are usually given to get relief from pain.
If you notice the sign of infection such as redness or draining at the incision site then you should get check with your doctor. The time taken to return back to normal activities are different for ever patient.
Our services are FREE and by using our services your hospital bill does not increase!
Testimonial of our patients treated by Spine Surgeon
Patients from 100+ countries have trusted Vaidam
Know Our Services
- Specialist option & Quote
- FREE Tele Consult
- Priority Admission
- In hospital assistance
- Post Procedure Followups
- Visa Assistance
- Airport Transfers
- Verified Hotels near hospitals
- Local Assistance
- Visa Extension
- Second Opinion
- Discounts from hospitals
Treatment videos related to Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf
FAQ videos related to Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf
Our patient's testimonials related to Spine Surgeon
Get assistance for your treatment from our experienced care team !
Help Us With Patient Details
What is the price of Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf in other countries, compared to Thailand?
Approximate price of Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Fusion Acdf in other countries compared to Thailand is:
- Turkey, USD 9600 to USD 14400, approximately 20% higher than Thailand
- Germany, USD 20000 to USD 30000, approximately 150% higher than Thailand
- India, USD 4320 to USD 6480, approximately 46% lower than Thailand
- Israel, USD 16000 to USD 24000, approximately 100% higher than Thailand
- Malaysia, USD 8640 to USD 12960, approximately 8% higher than Thailand